Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nominees for the most hated figure in Arkansas sports ?

Started by Tusks, July 24, 2017, 04:30:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

Its summer, and balls hot so why not.

Some radio station in kentucky says its Monk.  I wouldn't even put him on the list.

My nominee is Nick MF Saben.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ur

a0ashle

phadedhawg

phadedhawg

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on July 24, 2017, 05:16:33 pm
But, a lot of people are still mad at nolan, many don't like broyles.

Who was the coach who crawled to Kentucky?  I think he had to bc he was he had a suspended license.  Maybe he could be on the list?  LOLOL

Sivad

Hootie. Although he may have lost a bit of his still insurmountable lead with his recent takedown of Hugh Freeze.

gchamblee

i had to do process of elimination for this one...

I eliminated all recruits/players because we are talking about 18 year old kids that are given more attention than most adults receive in their lifetime.

I eliminated all players from opposing teams for the same reason

I eliminated our athletic directors because good job or bad they all loved our razorbacks

I eliminated everyone else except for 1 person for various reasons.

I wouldn't have believed it, but I am down to just 1 person and I cant find a reason to eliminate him.

Houston Nutt

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

davehog

HDN in a landslide.  No one, not even Pertino, is close. 

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

gchamblee

LZH

While I'm forever pissed at Petrino, I flat out can't stand Nutt.

hawkhawg

I hate Ed OBannon. Mainly because of his role in the 95 Championship game but also for what he did to EA NCAA football.

Dark Helmet Hog

John White is the root of all evil. He nearly destroyed everything athletics. No one else is even close.

JIHawg

Hootie, Bozo, and Nutt.  Oh-that's the same peoples.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on July 24, 2017, 06:48:26 pm
John White is the root of all evil. He nearly destroyed everything athletics. No one else is even close.

This

/thread

onebadrubi

This gets my vote as well.  More people in Arkansas should know about what he did to Arkansas athletics.

Tusks

I was looking at people away from the UA, but since we're nominating hootie and White, what about Jim Lindsey.  He was not liked when he decided to have a measuring contest with Nebraska and saddled the fans with hootie and made him almost impossible to fire.

PorkRinds

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 24, 2017, 07:02:16 pm
St. Gus the Pious.

While I don't like Gus, why is he the most hated figure?  He wanted the Hog job and was Nutted out of working here.  Although I don't think Freeze and gus are any differentand now we've seen what freeze is made of.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: a0ashle on July 24, 2017, 05:08:35 pm
Curles

This!

This is a guy you can outright hate! 

The others mentioned, don't like some of them but I don't hate them.

Dr. Starcs

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quoted. For. Truth.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Psychohog

Horton Nesrtra  Preston Watts.  Hootendale. John White
Never smarten up a chump.

Cinco de Hogo

Here's the problem I have with this one.  A lot of people who are supposeably admired in the world of Razorback sports were working hand in glove with White.  The End of the Broyles era was as predicted, an open season power struggle.  Some of those people are still around...clue to our present situation as it be.

JIHawg

This is what I remember about John White-he put up with Hootie much too long and paid him 3 million to leave, got rid of John McDonnell, totally mishandled the Nolan debacle, hired a horrible women's athletic director and women's basketball coach, what else?

cosmodrum

I wanna say Hooter, but this is the one. I absolutely loathe him.
Go away, batin'

Steef

HDN...as loathesome as he was, was merely the symptom of White's hatred of athletics.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Marshfieldhog

PorkSoda

Quote from: a0ashle on July 24, 2017, 05:08:35 pm
Curles
lots of "great" candidates, but I gotta go with this guy.  with Penn Wagers as "honorable" mention
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HamSammich

I SAY WE GET PITCHFORKS AND MEET AT WHITES HOUSE!!!! WHOS WITH ME !?!?!?!

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Sivad on July 24, 2017, 05:34:38 pm
Hootie. Although he may have lost a bit of his still insurmountable lead with his recent takedown of Hugh Freeze.

This is funny.

Quote from: gchamblee on July 24, 2017, 05:48:27 pm
i had to do process of elimination for this one...

I eliminated all recruits/players because we are talking about 18 year old kids that are given more attention than most adults receive in their lifetime.

I eliminated all players from opposing teams for the same reason

I eliminated our athletic directors because good job or bad they all loved our razorbacks

I eliminated everyone else except for 1 person for various reasons.

I wouldn't have believed it, but I am down to just 1 person and I cant find a reason to eliminate him.

Houston Nutt

So is this.

But gotta say, I'm starting to like the late entry of John White to the conversation.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

pigture perfect

I really don't hate any of them. I may strongly dislike a few, but I'll go on record top say that I dislike Nutt a little less than most of you do. He was put into an impossible situation and didn't handle it too well.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Porked Tongue

Shiloh bunch(Walt,Gus,Rhett)
Jon Koncak.
Many SWC/SEC refs.
Idiots in media that use "University of Arkansas,Fayetteville"
Pepsi man.

Tusks

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 24, 2017, 10:10:39 pm
Jon Koncak.
Many SWC/SEC refs.
Pepsi man.

whatever happened to ole Walt, man he was a piece of work.

ChicoHog

John Nabors did this on his SEC Country podcast last week.  He had 16 entries and he did it bracket style.  The Final four were Petrino (from the Ex-coaches bracket-yes he got more votes than Nutt amazingly), Calipari (from the opposing coaches bracket), Ashley Judd ( from the wild card bracket which included Costello and Curles) and Malik Monk (from the opposing players bracket).  Monk barely beat Calipari in the final vote.

Nabors thought, and I agree with him, because the vote is on twitter it skus very young and most of these are more recent and UK basketball is very hated among Arkansas fans so they got 3 of the final four entrants.  He was shocked and so was I that Nutt lost to Petrino but it may be because that was almost 10 year ago. 

Nabors is really good.   The guy has a great voice and would be an outstanding baseball play by play guy if he has those skills.  His tone, phrasing, enunciation is fantastic.  I hope he gets more opportunities than this podcast deal. 

Tusks

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 24, 2017, 10:40:52 pm
John Nabors did this on his SEC Country podcast last week.  He had 16 entries and he did it bracket style.  The Final four were Petrino (from the Ex-coaches bracket-yes he got more votes than Nutt amazingly), Calipari (from the opposing coaches bracket), Ashley Judd ( from the wild card bracket which included Costello and Curles) and Malik Monk (from the opposing players bracket).  Monk barely beat Calipari in the final vote.

Nabors thought, and I agree with him, because the vote is on twitter it skus very young and most of these are more recent and UK basketball is very hated among Arkansas fans so they got 3 of the final four entrants.  He was shocked and so was I that Nutt lost to Petrino but it may be because that was almost 10 year ago. 

Nabors is really good.   The guy has a great voice and would be an outstanding baseball play by play guy if he has those skills.  His tone, phrasing, enunciation is fantastic.  I hope he gets more opportunities than this podcast deal. 

I still don't see the relevance of Monk.  Sure he's relevant because it was a UK poll, but other
than Monk bringing up the hate, no one on the boards talks about him, same with Calipari.

The fact that Judd got into the deal tells you all you need to know that this was just a UK ego massage.

A true wild card would be White or some of the refs that have screwed the Hogs. 

Similar with the coaches, Saban, Gus, Hootie, Patrino make the list before Calipari.

Again I call a UK mental masterbation.

rowdy1

Sounds like most of you are way too young to hate on those Texas refs from the Southwest Conference...or maybe the refs from the Liberty Bowl against Tennessee many years ago...
Stop bitching! Don't believe everything you read.  Do the research!  Believe in the Hogs~

bphi11ips

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 24, 2017, 09:57:20 pm
I really don't hate any of them. I may strongly dislike a few, but I'll go on record top say that I dislike Nutt a little less than most of you do. He was put into an impossible situation and didn't handle it too well.

I'm usually pretty open to opposing viewpoints but can't figure this one out no matter how hard I try.  How is the 2006 recruiting class and Gus Malzahn an impossible situation?  C'mon, man!  Just get out of the way!
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

BrianG

Not sure why Freeze is so hated.  The Hogs weren't going to get the caliber players he was buying and he was one of the few SEC coaches Fat Bert could beat.  Better off to keep him around.

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Cinco de Hogo

Is it a good thing that we have lost two coaches in one year that Bret could beat?  Why are we celebrating?  I know, anything bad that happens to another program takes the pressure off Bret and another 7 win season.  What happens if we loose to both schools?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 24, 2017, 10:10:39 pm
Jon Koncak.
Many SWC/SEC refs.
Pepsi man.

Pretty darned good list right here....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

J-Five

"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

hawganatic

^^THIS^^

Without John White Nutt doesn't happen at Arkansas.  We probably hire Tubberville and our program (for better, possibly worse) takes a different trajectory.  And then the smugness of the way he chastised the fanbase when Nutt was fired. 

He just had a horribly bad affect on the program.

The OTR

Tom Penders. He's still lurking around Barnhill and I think it's time to send him back to Texas.