Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB was vindicated tonight

Started by The OTR, January 08, 2018, 11:17:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

He knew what he was doing with Cheney and Pittman.  I tried to tell everyone that the only stunt Pittman knows anything about us an underwater Houdini type escape. 

I hope CBB enjoyed the game with a couple of lobsters and jelly sandwiches.  I bet it felt good to watch those two lose one like this.  Jeff Long probably has a smile on his face as well. 

What a game. 

Carl Lazlo

hoglady

Yep - CBB is jobless.
Chaney and Pittman were coaching their team in the National Championship game.

Wonder who's the winner in that scenario??
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

The OTR

Quote from: hoglady on January 08, 2018, 11:24:40 pm
Yep - CBB is jobless.

That's kind of an odd way to look at it.

Arazorbackguy1

Yep - CBB is jobless.

The guy with 15.4 mil
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Pork Twain

Yep - CBB is jobless.

Probably the guy getting paid more than both of them combined, to just watch the game they blew.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Letsroll1200

hoglady

Give that Bama freshman QB some credit for actually changing the dynamic of that game in the 2nd half.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

IronHog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 08, 2018, 11:26:34 pm
The guy with 15.4 mil

Still a fraud

A winner would trade 15 mil for not being a fraud any day
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hoglady

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 08, 2018, 11:28:47 pm
Probably the guy getting paid more than both of them combined, to just watch the game they blew.

One thing Bielema will never, ever have to worry about - because he's certainly not good enough to ever get to coach in one.

sowmonella

No doubt Kirby instructed them to run the ball and eat clock. Georgia's OL played well. Cheney called a good 3 quarters.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Piggfoot

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 08, 2018, 11:17:11 pm
He knew what he was doing with Cheney and Pittman.  I tried to tell everyone that the only stunt Pittman knows anything about us an underwater Houdini type escape. 

I hope CBB enjoyed the game with a couple of lobsters and jelly sandwiches.  I bet it felt good to watch those two lose one like this.  Jeff Long probably has a smile on his face as well. 

What a game.
Cheney and Pittman did not lose the game. They both coached a great game.
The game was won by Nick Saban who put a true freshman in the game. A freshman I might add who is a phenomenal passer. Did you notice how he never stared a reciever down. Did you hear him say he looked the safety away on the winning pass. I was really impressed and those who voted him MVP were as well. He showed maturity beyond his years. He deserves congratulations.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Pork Twain

Quote from: hoglady on January 08, 2018, 11:31:47 pm
One thing Bielema will never, ever have to worry about - because he's certainly not good enough to ever get to coach in one.
Obviously neither should Chaney, unless he can tag out at halftime
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

jdlew

Losing Pittman hurt...Chaney not so much...I would take Enos any day...and so would Smart...

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hoglady on January 08, 2018, 11:31:47 pm

Never come close...

hoglady

Quote from: jdlew on January 08, 2018, 11:36:58 pm
Losing Pittman hurt...Chaney not so much...I would take Enos any day...and so would Smart...

Enos has been jobless for a month or so - he's been there for the taking.

hoglady

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 08, 2018, 11:35:41 pm
Obviously neither should Chaney, unless he can tag out at halftime

But he did and he helped get them there.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: IronHog on January 08, 2018, 11:31:24 pm

Still a fraud

You aren't even good at trolling. Just embarrassing.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: hoglady on January 08, 2018, 11:40:11 pm
Enos has been jobless for a month or so - he's been there for the taking.

He was hired at Michigan in the last few days.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

hoglady

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 08, 2018, 11:44:15 pm
He was hired at Michigan in the last few days.

I know.
He was still jobless for about a month or so.

SooieGeneris

What a game.

Why didn't 'Bama stunt more in the first half then? How about when they got burned for the TD that made it 20-7? If that's all it took to stop his offense, why not stunt every play?

That game vindicates Nick Saban for changing QBs and Toa whatever his last name is for showing why he was recruited and given the chance. That's all.

This game has NOTHING to do with Bert and does NOTHING to vindicate him in any way. All the soap and water in the World won't wash the stink off of that 11-29 record in the SEC and his hire of Kurt Anderson as Pittman's replacement.

I suppose you think KA is a real pro at picking up stunts :puke: His only claim to fame is having been Tom Brady's center 20 years ago. Unless someone holds a Chris Farley lookalike contest in a van down by the river..

BTW, Jeff Long was on Bo's show today. It was interesting to listen to, classy for the most part, but clueless still in some ways. And he picked UGA to win..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

IronHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 08, 2018, 11:42:06 pm
You aren't even good at trolling. Just embarrassing.

You think making 15 mil makes someone successful?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: IronHog on January 08, 2018, 11:58:42 pm

Nope. But you know damn well you wouldn't walk away from 15 million dollars either even if you didn't deserve it. Thats just dumb.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

IronHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 09, 2018, 12:01:14 am
Nope. But you know damn well you wouldn't walk away from 15 million dollars either even if you didn't deserve it. Thats just dumb.

I woulda been fat with a hot wife and lost lots of games for 10 million buyout

Woulda cussed the hell outa someone too and tried a little instead of standing there being a fraud

hawginbigd1

Quote from: sowmonella on January 08, 2018, 11:33:19 pm
No doubt Kirby instructed them to run the ball and eat clock. Georgia's OL played well. Cheney called a good 3 quarters.
And then I remembered why i hated Cheney! So did CBB learn from Cheney on how to lose the 4th qtr. Or the other way around?

Mjs84

January 09, 2018, 12:12:41 am #25 Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:24:32 am by Mjs84
Yep - CBB is jobless.

Somebody paid me $15 million, I would be jobless too.

Mjs84

Mjs84

Quote from: IronHog on January 08, 2018, 11:31:24 pm

Still a fraud

Lol I hope you get the chance! 

Mjs84

January 09, 2018, 12:16:14 am #28 Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:26:36 am by Mjs84

He literally tried..

Hogindasticks

kp72204

What a game.
I think most of us would take an SEC Championship and loss in title game.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 08, 2018, 11:25:38 pm
That's kind of an odd way to look at it.

Not really, it is called reality. Georgia wins that game had Alabama not gotten bold on offense. Otherwise, they played for a national championship with a freshman quarterback. Sorry at some point it is not all about the coaches but the players on the field.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 08, 2018, 11:29:48 pm
And the worse coach in Razorback History

Actually no he isn't if you truly know Razorback history. May I suggest reading Orville Henry and Jim Bailey's book, "The Razorbacks". It's a good read.

Jimbob111

Quote from: Philip Seaton on January 09, 2018, 01:14:57 am
Actually no he isn't if you truly know Razorback history. May I suggest reading Orville Henry and Jim Bailey's book, "The Razorbacks". It's a good read.

I guess I don't know Razorback history but I believe he was the worst coach in Razorback history who had a full 5 year tenure. Maybe I should read more and post less...
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Yep - CBB is jobless.

I've got 15 million reason's to think it's CBB. I'm just sayin'...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Philip Seaton on January 09, 2018, 01:11:50 am
Not really, it is called reality. Georgia wins that game had Alabama not gotten bold on offense. Otherwise, they played for a national championship with a freshman quarterback. Sorry at some point it is not all about the coaches but the players on the field.

I still think it comes to fear. Hurts was scared to lose and Tua had nothing to lose. The looser is usually not the loser... Same thing with Fromm, once he got tight it was a done deal.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The OTR

Looks like you guys had fun with this while I was asleep. Good for you.

FANONTHEHILL

I would not say that coach was vindicated.  Chaney called a good game for the most part and Sam Pittman proved that if you let him recruit his style players and let him do his thing, they can push just about any defense around for a majority of the game. 

I do think it's worth noting that you did learn some things about how Arkansas had been doing things recently.  The game has evolved.  Even the best programs, with the best athletes, rely on shotgun and misdirection.  You can no longer run straight at people and play action out of the "I" formation.  It gets your QB killed.  The conservative nature is what made change necessary and is why we should be excited for the future with Coach Morris.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Cinco de Hogo

The only thing vindicated in that game was the stars matter argument.  Did you happen to notice all the freshmen playing in that game?  We had Clary...ity!

The OTR

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 09, 2018, 06:34:43 am
I would not say that coach was vindicated.  Chaney called a good game for the most part and Sam Pittman proved that if you let him recruit his style players and let him do his thing, they can push just about any defense around for a majority of the game. 

I do think it's worth noting that you did learn some things about how Arkansas had been doing things recently.  The game has evolved.  Even the best programs, with the best athletes, rely on shotgun and misdirection.  You can no longer run straight at people and play action out of the "I" formation.  It gets your QB killed.  The conservative nature is what made change necessary and is why we should be excited for the future with Coach Morris.

I would say he's vindicated.  Pittman and Cheney blew the game for Smart. He now knows they will never be able to win a championship with those two.  He may keep them and he may not. But last night proved that CBB saw that these two did not have what it took for big time football so losing them was not a big loss for our team. 

Not saying CBB made all the right decisions but getting rid of those two wasn't a bad move for the program. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

FANONTHEHILL

January 09, 2018, 07:15:00 am #42 Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 07:27:21 am by FANONTHEHILL
Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 09, 2018, 06:59:30 am

Not saying CBB made all the right decisions but getting rid of those two wasn't a bad move for the program. 

He did not "get rid" of Pittman.  Remember the drama of Pittman and his "I don't need a no compete clause" and the players heading straight to his house when he declared he was leaving?  They did everything they could to get him to stay.

It's also tough to be vindicated when Chaney and Pittman are playing for the national championship and you're 4-8 and out of a job.  Chaney may be good, but not great.  Pittman is great and when he left, it started to fall apart.  Georgia just signed and/or early enrolled 4 OLineman.  3 Five Star and 1 Four Star.  I think Pittman is doing alright.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Redhogs

Quote from: IronHog on January 08, 2018, 11:58:42 pm

Successful at committing legal fraud....in this case. So screwed this school and fan base, we will be paying for his lazy incompetence for years to come...in many ways.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

The OTR

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 09, 2018, 07:15:00 am
He did not "get rid" of Pittman.  Remember the drama of Pittman and his "I don't need a no compete clause" and the players heading straight to his house when he declared he was leaving?  They did everything they could to get him to stay.

It's also tough to be vindicated when Chaney and Pittman are playing for the national championship and you're 4-8 and out of a job.  Chaney may be good, but not great.  Pittman is great and when he left, it started to fall apart.

We will agree to disagree. 

Snout team

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 09, 2018, 07:27:22 am

We really need to have a sarcasm emoji.  There is no way this is a serious thread, right?
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Inhogswetrust

A coach that loses as many games as he did here is not vindicated by what former assistants do or not...........................his record here is now etched in stone for eternity.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

twistitup

Pitt, Chaney are worthless....look how much better off we are w/o them
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 09, 2018, 07:27:22 am
Agree to disagree? Pittman was leaving, they did everything they could to get him to stay, then bielema trashed him on the way out. Theres no agree to disagree. THATS WHAT HAPPENED. That's like saying we can agree to disagree that Bruno mars had a concert at Verizon arena a few weeks ago  ::). You have to be trolling because no one can have their head that far up their -
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Redhogs

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 09, 2018, 07:32:33 am
We really need to have a sarcasm emoji.  There is no way this is a serious thread, right?
No..his threads and posts never are. Research OTR.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?