Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Hate Losing . . .

Started by bphi11ips, March 16, 2018, 07:43:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

NCAA Tournament games worse than I hate losing football games. There have been exceptions, but when you lose in the Tournament, it's over. And other teams are still playing. And I was looking forward to playing the next game, or the next weekend. And I pretty much lose interest in the whole tournament. 

Dammit.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

oldbooniehog

You migth want to pick a different team besides Arkansas then....

22 years since making the Sweet Sixteen, and counting.

bphi11ips

Quote from: oldbooniehog on March 16, 2018, 07:45:17 pm
You migth want to pick a different team besides Arkansas then....

22 years since making the Sweet Sixteen, and counting.

I didn't pick the Hogs. They picked me. You, too, apparently.

alohawg

Yessir, sucks the big one. I haven't even checked any scores since our game ended, lost interest.
The tourney is too much fun to not tune back in though, tomorrow I guess. I think it hits those of us who go back to the Sutton years or further the hardest because we were spoiled with many years of good to great teams that always represented well at a minimum. Getting blown out like this is just bs, should never be okay for this once proud program.  ::) >:(
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

bphi11ips

Quote from: alohawg on March 16, 2018, 07:51:06 pm
Yessir, sucks the big one. I haven't even checked any scores since our game ended, lost interest.
The tourney is too much fun to not tune back in though, tomorrow I guess. I think it hits those of us who go back to the Sutton years or further the hardest because we were spoiled with many years of good to great teams that always represented well at a minimum. Getting blown out like this is just bs, should never be okay for this once proud program.  ::) >:(

Yep. Maybe it's been 20 years since we made the Sweet Sixteen, but it doesn't seem that long, especially when you've seen 4 Final Fours and many Sweet Sixteens.

This was a fun year most of the time. Just the most bi-polar Arkansas team I've ever seen. 

PonderinHog

Consistently inconsistent.  Hot and cold.  Roller coaster season.  It ended with a crash.

WorfHog

It's tough,my only consolation is that we swept Texas baseball and they lost their tournament game. I love the Hogs,but I also hate Texas.

alohawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 16, 2018, 08:11:32 pm
Consistently inconsistent.  Hot and cold.  Roller coaster season.  It ended with a crash.

Inevitable and fitting I guess, sigh.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc