Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andre Ware said this about the Arkansas hire

Started by RedRazorHog, December 13, 2017, 05:28:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

Quote from: HoopS on December 13, 2017, 09:05:59 am
I are always thought he was ok. 

A Fruity Pebble is locking my 'W' key man, true story. Ware - Andre Ware.

I are fixed it
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

311Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 13, 2017, 09:15:27 am
Texan and former SWC player praising the hire of a Texan at Arkansas.  Not surprising.  It's the Texican arrogance.  They believe our program declined because we left the SWC and Texas. 

and so do alot of our fans and obviously alums etc. is why i said Morris should bring all the Texas we want and if it doesn't work out then maybe we can finally move forward, but if it does then folks can say i told yall so i guess.

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on December 13, 2017, 07:20:50 am
In NLR......after someone throws the concrete block thru the window.

No bottle shops in Jonesvegas, but when you hear tires squealing on South  Caraway Road you'll know Fraternal Order of Eagles #3354 is open for bidness:

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on December 13, 2017, 09:23:29 am
and so do alot of our fans and obviously alums etc. is why i said Morris should bring all the Texas we want and if it doesn't work out then maybe we can finally move forward, but if it does then folks can say i told yall so i guess.

What bothers me about that is that none of the Texas schools have done much of anything the past several years.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on December 13, 2017, 08:09:22 am
Already tried, no joy.....damn iron bars.

Shirley a good HVAC man has a cutting torch handy.....

justmakeit2thebcs

I'll consider being happy when he tries to recruit a defensive player.   100's tweets about hog huntin' and not many if any about defense.

hogsanity

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on December 13, 2017, 09:29:22 am
I'll consider being happy when he tries to recruit a defensive player.   100's tweets about hog huntin' and not many if any about defense.

Defense? We don't need no stinking defense! Worrying about defense is dinosaur football.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

JONAS

Quote from: mj4president on December 13, 2017, 06:14:08 am
Yep, this is why it was so nuts all of those on the Norvell bad wagon.

I wanted Norvell, but glad we got Chad. 🤣

TexasRazorback

Quote from: RedRazorHog on December 13, 2017, 05:28:42 am
On the Inside College Football show this morning, they talked about all of the new college football coaching hires.  Andre Ware declared that the Chad Morris hire by Arkansas was the BEST hire overall.  He cited his ability to identify talent, recruit talent, being an offensive guru, knowing the Texas high schools and coaches, being able to recruit Florida as the keys.  He said it wasn't close...that Chad is easily the best hire overall.

Love this

IronHog

Texan and former SWC player praising the hire of a Texan at Arkansas.  Not surprising.  It's the Texican arrogance.  They believe our program declined because we left the SWC and Texas. 

Texas has the same issue

Like it or not Texas and Arkansas need each other
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

TexasRazorback

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on December 13, 2017, 09:00:27 am
Norvell vs Morris was all record whoring, and I was as guilty as the next. But after reevaluating, I'm very happy with the hire.

I still dont understand why so many folks wanted to roll the dice with Norvell. I never wanted him and am so glad we didnt do something stupid and hire Norvell

HoopS

Quote from: Seebs on December 13, 2017, 09:16:29 am
A Fruity Pebble is locking my 'W' key man, true story. Ware - Andre Ware.

I are fixed it
I are sorry. Arenestly.

jimmur74

Comprehension? Whats that? 😂😂😂

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 13, 2017, 06:24:31 am
Reading comprehension never has been one of HV's strengths.

RedRazorHog

I posted this using an iPhone and the friggin spellcheck capitalized the word keys....  Andre was not talking about the Florida Keys...he was talking about the key programs in Florida!
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on December 13, 2017, 06:09:31 am
All valid points except the last one. When have we ever developed talent out of the Keys in Florida? Being from there, that part of the state produces no football talent. Too much boozing and smoking there, Randy,

Yeah, and a regulation football field won't even fit on it!  :-*

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hogsanity

Quote from: IronHog on December 13, 2017, 09:32:41 am

Texas has the same issue

Texas declined because they had to go join a league with more than 1 or 2 decent teams and represented by more than 1 state. Arkansas declined because they joined a league with more than 1 or 2 teams that were any good and was represented by many states, none of which were really recruitable by the Hogs. 

It is not so much that they need each other, they both just flourished under the same conditions. When you really look at it, both were very successful regional programs, that, due to their consistently being at or near the top of the SWC were able to maintain national recognition. Neither fared very well against teams outside of the region though. Not sure what Texas bowl record is, but I know the Hogs bowl record is not very good. 

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: hogsanity on December 13, 2017, 09:02:47 am
except Clemson wins their division and their league and, oh yea, they won a NC too, but hey tying for 2nd in the secw is almost the same.

Do you think Dabo just woke up one morning and TADA! the ACC and CFP championships were sitting in his driveway with a red bow? He has been building for years and years.

Everybody knows I don't like Petrino, but he was on the right path and to downplay his success here is foolish.

HoopS

I live there. Maybe it is arrogance. Lord knows there's plenty of it here. But, brother, there's serious talent floating around here too and that is evident every Friday night. Lot of really good players. Personally, and maybe this will sound arrogant, but I think it would be a bad decision to not try to become relevant here again.

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 13, 2017, 09:37:41 am
Texas declined because they had to go join a league with more than 1 or 2 decent teams and represented by more than 1 state. Arkansas declined because they joined a league with more than 1 or 2 teams that were any good and was represented by many states, none of which were really recruitable by the Hogs. 

It is not so much that they need each other, they both just flourished under the same conditions. When you really look at it, both were very successful regional programs, that, due to their consistently being at or near the top of the SWC were able to maintain national recognition. Neither fared very well against teams outside of the region though. Not sure what Texas bowl record is, but I know the Hogs bowl record is not very good. 

I totally agree with this, but IMHO i think the strategy in play here is to once again return to the regional recruiting idea but this time instead of sticking with an outdated offense (wishbone) when playing the "modern" teams we will have a modern offense as well.

I think we can win with regional talent, just depends on the DC and how lucky we get with that side of the ball recruiting.

ChicoHog

Quote from: RedyorNot on December 13, 2017, 07:44:52 am
I agree it was a solid hire, but until we know who the D.C. is, I'm not passing out a grade
and if we can recruit some stud defensive players!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: 311Hog on December 13, 2017, 09:23:29 am

It's the hope.  To become what OU is or a better, more physical version of Ok St.  OU is essentially a Texas program but with the brand to recruit in places like California and have the extra benefit of its own in state base.  I'm trying to be optimistic and hope for the best. 

Quote from: IronHog on December 13, 2017, 09:32:41 am

Texas has the same issue

Texas doesn't need us.  Their issue is they got soft.  Partly by recruiting choices, offensive system and the spread disease in Texas high schools.  A&M has suffered from it.  What got Sumlin canned.  OU may be the only one to survive and they haven't won a NC in nearly two decades. 

Our issues were multiple just when we stepped way up in competition in terms of others' recruiting bases, facilities, brands, etc.  No more small Texas private schools.  But this all gets ignored by Texans because we left them.  Hope Morris is the answer. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: TexasRazorback on December 13, 2017, 09:34:35 am
I still dont understand why so many folks wanted to roll the dice with Norvell. I never wanted him and am so glad we didnt do something stupid and hire Norvell

because they scored 70 in an early season game and beat a UCLA team that ended up being 6-6.

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on December 13, 2017, 09:30:50 am
Defense? We don't need no stinking defense! Worrying about defense is dinosaur football.

Apparently defense doesn't matter because Arkansas high schools don't produce defensive players.

311Hog

Quote from: TexasRazorback on December 13, 2017, 09:34:35 am

i wanted him because i thought his offense would do well here, and thought he could recruit regionally on our eastern side.  This was also before i knew alot about Chad Morris and his ties/status in Texas.

I would have been fine with the Norvell hire, but i am more than happy right now with Morris.

JIHawg

Julie was the point person on this hire, and we fans owe her an eternal debt of gratitude for making the right recommendation, (not the final decision but the recommendation), when many of us would have gone another direction had we been in charge.

We can all see now, she got it right.

HoopS

Quote from: 311Hog on December 13, 2017, 09:47:47 am
i wanted him because i thought his offense would do well here, and thought he could recruit regionally on our eastern side.  This was also before i knew alot about Chad Morris and his ties/status in Texas.

I would have been fine with the Norvell hire, but i am more than happy right now with Morris.
the biggest issue I saw was too many go all in for their guy and don't even listen to anyone trying to educate them about another coach.

Some of you were so extreme you were talking about intentionally looking as STUPID as Tennessee if we hired Morris. So much so you dang near sabotaged hiring a very good coach who looks to be exactly what we need.

311Hog

Quote from: HoopS on December 13, 2017, 09:52:23 am
the biggest issue I saw was too many go all in for their guy and don't even listen to anyone trying to educate them about another coach.

Some of you were so extreme you were talking about intentionally looking as STUPID as Tennessee if we hired Morris. So much so you dang near sabotaged hiring a very good coach who looks to be exactly what we need.

i didn't try and sabotage anything.  I felt like the two offensively were basically the same.  I thought Norvell was more connected to Arkansas while Morris was Texas, but i see now that that is the plan the plan is to return to that with someone that is universally accepted in Texas.

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 13, 2017, 09:46:27 am
Apparently defense doesn't matter because Arkansas high schools don't produce defensive players.

The state produces kids that would be very good on defense except most schools do not have enough talent to allow them to play defense. They have to put all their est athletes on offense. Only at the biggest schools can they afford to put really good athletes on defense and let them just play defense. 

Pigstie

Quote from: ricepig on December 13, 2017, 07:20:50 am
In NLR......after someone throws the concrete block thru the window.
That's funny right there I don't care who you are.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

HoopS

Quote from: 311Hog on December 13, 2017, 09:54:39 am
i didn't try and sabotage anything.  I felt like the two offensively were basically the same.  I thought Norvell was more connected to Arkansas while Morris was Texas, but i see now that that is the plan the plan is to return to that with someone that is universally accepted in Texas.
plenty were trying to. Maybe they were blowing smoke to try to get their way.

atekido

All valid points except the last one. When have we ever developed talent out of the Keys in Florida? Being from there, that part of the state produces no football talent. Too much boozing and smoking there, Randy,

Reading comprehension is tough..................... Please re-read the OP again.

tbhogfan

Well done. 
Go Hogs!

HamGrowsOnTrees

Love reading this sort of stuff. But FYI, Ware is the Keef of Houston.

goodguytex

December 13, 2017, 10:17:49 am #83 Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 10:32:27 am by goodguytex
I see Andre Ware as having points here. Even though I still believe he's an arrogant jackhole.

As for Morris... Many have looked down on his hire because of his record at SMU. But he was very early on in turning the program around there. So it's really unfair to judge him based on that.

Hiring Morris as our HC is a gamble to be sure, but one that could wind up paying off with a NC for Arkansas... Or we can hope for that anyway.

Morris appears to have an innovative, aggressive mind in keeping his opponents guessing and off balance, which can lead to a winning football program. But he's still going to need weapons in place to do it.

That's kind of why I hope Hog fans will temper their enthusiasm for next year a little bit. When petrino came in as Hog coach he got excellent offensive weapons for our football team right off the bat... Got Mallett to sign with the Hogs as our future, had Tyler Wilson already on board, as malletts heir apparent, locked up Adams, Childs, at receiver, among others, already had talent on the team at Oline, got 3 very talented RBs, even had Kierro there for Petrinos  1st year, and Kierros last at FB. And Casey Dick was still there with experience, and was serviceable in a Petrino offense.

But we still only finished with 5 wins. And there was talk all during Petrinos time on the Hill that defense wasn't  taken seriously enough. We had the moustache as DC during his tenure. We had decent defenses, but could've
and should've been better.

Morris, in a way, is in a great position here. He has the ability to look back at how Petrino did things,go how bielema did things, and look at the mistakes they made, and learn from history.

Hire a top notch DC, and staff to make our defense a strength. My big question about Morris is does he have the tools on hand, or in this class to build off of to start? If not, it may be a couple years to get those tools in place to be successful. Transitioning from one system to the other can be tricky.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopS on December 13, 2017, 10:09:25 am
plenty were trying to. Maybe they were blowing smoke to try to get their way.

If the search function was working it would be really easy to find some of the comments about how hiring Morris was just giving up, waving a white flag. How if he was hired people were going to quit supporting the program, etc. And it would be easy to see how many of those are now on here talking about what a great hire CM is.

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 13, 2017, 10:18:57 am
If the search function was working it would be really easy to find some of the comments about how hiring Morris was just giving up, waving a white flag. How if he was hired people were going to quit supporting the program, etc. And it would be easy to see how many of those are now on here talking about what a great hire CM is.

lots of reasons for these things but to me a major one was the apparent selling of anyone but Gus as a 2nd option etc. etc. so it does appear like you/hogs are settling if it had been Norvell people would have done the same thing.

HoopS

yes sir. It was eye opening.

elksnort

The Key West Conchs have had good football teams in the past though. lol!

Al Boarland

Quote from: hogsanity on December 13, 2017, 09:25:32 am
What bothers me about that is that none of the Texas schools have done much of anything the past several years.

Good point.

steveaustin69

Think he meant a key to success not the actual Florida Keys....

Hoggish1

Winna for Most Clueless Post Of the Decade.  LMAO

elksnort

Quote from: hogsanity on December 13, 2017, 10:01:20 am
The state produces kids that would be very good on defense except most schools do not have enough talent to allow them to play defense. They have to put all their est athletes on offense. Only at the biggest schools can they afford to put really good athletes on defense and let them just play defense. 
Very much agree. And this is definintly what is wrong with Arkansas high school football.

stronguard

So Coach Mo has the keys to the Keys.  Thats great, I'm really more concerned with whether he will lock down the Lochs.  I hear the Nessie kid is a BEAST
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: stronguard on December 13, 2017, 10:47:16 am
So Coach Mo has the keys to the Keys.  Thats great, I'm really more concerned with whether he will lock down the Lochs.  I hear the Nessie kid is a BEAST

Id like to be the first to start "CoMo" or "CoFuMo"

I'm giving you credit as the inspiration of my epiphany.

EastexHawg

Quote from: JIHawg on December 13, 2017, 09:51:49 am
Julie was the point person on this hire, and we fans owe her an eternal debt of gratitude for making the right recommendation, (not the final decision but the recommendation), when many of us would have gone another direction had we been in charge.

We haven't played a single game.  How has anyone been proven right or wrong?

bphi11ips

Quote from: Pigstie on December 13, 2017, 10:04:29 am
That's funny right there I don't care who you are.

Unless you've actually been to NLR and Jonesboro. It's still funny, just not the way rice and you think it is.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Seebs on December 13, 2017, 06:42:19 am
Andre are knew nothing until this article. Not sure how that happened.

Andre was a know nothing...   Get your tense proper! ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

PIIP actually called for his fellow hot heads to burn darn.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Cotton

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 13, 2017, 09:24:57 am
No bottle shops in Jonesvegas, but when you hear tires squealing on South  Caraway Road you'll know Fraternal Order of Eagles #3354 is open for bidness:

This cracked me up lol.

Ramping the train track coming out the Elks lodge on Airport is more accurate these days
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Redhogs

Quote from: JIHawg on December 13, 2017, 09:51:49 am

It will take 3 years to be able to agree or disagree with this statement. I like her and hope she is right, but let's pump the brakes on the gratitude stuff..she was doing her job and god forbid it's not another CBB type hire with those results. I do agree, at this point it does look allot different.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?