Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Old Offers/Commitments

Started by MS_HogFan, July 10, 2015, 01:20:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MS_HogFan

I'm sure this has been done before but I was looking at Bielema's past recruiting style while at Wisconsin.

First thing is that according to rivals team rankings Arkansas has ranked 27th on average in his 3 full classes here.  Wisconsin 49th during his time at Wisconsin.

The other thing is the number of commitments per class. During his time as head coach at Wisconsin.

2006 - 23 Commitments
2007 - 18
2008 - 24
2009 - 21
2010 - 24
2011 - 20
2012 - 12 

He didn't sign a full 25 the entire time he was there. That is some serious player development/retention.
Those numbers seem crazy compared to what we were used to signing.

SOOIE

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: MS_HogFan on July 10, 2015, 01:20:47 pm
I'm sure this has been done before but I was looking at Bielema's past recruiting style while at Wisconsin.

First thing is that according to rivals team rankings Arkansas has ranked 27th on average in his 3 full classes here.  Wisconsin 49th during his time at Wisconsin.

The other thing is the number of commitments per class. During his time as head coach at Wisconsin.

2006 - 23 Commitments
2007 - 18
2008 - 24
2009 - 21
2010 - 24
2011 - 20
2012 - 12 

He didn't sign a full 25 the entire time he was there. That is some serious player development/retention.
Those numbers seem crazy compared to what we were used to signing.

If he was able to make 3 consecutive Rose Bowls with those recruiting results I like our odds...

WooPig..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ā 

OnTheHillHogFan

In the Big Ten you can only sign up to the number of scholarships available. In the SEC you can sign 25 or if you sign less you can count that number to the next year's class
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

MS_HogFan

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on July 10, 2015, 05:55:28 pm
In the Big Ten you can only sign up to the number of scholarships available. In the SEC you can sign 25 or if you sign less you can count that number to the next year's class

I didn't know that. Thanks
SOOIE

ChicoHog

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on July 10, 2015, 05:55:28 pm
That's a great example of another problem with college football.  Why aren't all the conferences and schools under the same scholarship rules?  Makes no sense to me.

redeye

Wisconsin lost a commitment from a 4* S today.  According to their 247 site, he was the highest rated commitment they'd ever received from Florida.  His composite score is 0.8960, which is significantly lower then Collins or Kirkland, who both were signed from Florida in Bielema's first class here.

His 247 page doesn't show an offer from Arkansas, but he does have offers from Alabama and Ohio State, among many others.  I wonder if we're interested?  He's also a RB, but S is the first position listed for him.

http://wisconsin.247sports.com/Bolt/Watts-De-Commits-From-Wisconsin--38151170

They also have a 4* RB from NC who looks like a good fit for our offense.  He has offers from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Ohio State, among others.  He committed to Wisconsin last October, so I wonder if he's still firm, considering Wisconsin has since switched head coaches.