Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I wish I could post in this thread, because......

Started by LSUFan, July 03, 2015, 02:27:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LSUFan

July 03, 2015, 02:27:02 am Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:05:46 am by LSUFan
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=586379.0

Some of these idiots don't get that recruits and their families read what is on here.

Back in the HDN fiasco days, there were SEVERAL parents of then current players that I befriended that posted here, and even some players that posted here.

If your guys can't control what you type about kids, who are doing it for the simple love of the game, then GO of here!!

They are deserving of respect, even though you may question them, SUp and welcome them.

If they are good enough to play for UoA, I'm pretty sure they have other options.

I say, welcome guys, and thank you for wanting to leave your blood, sweat, and tears on the field of RB stadium, where many great men have walked before you.

Just my 2 cents.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

usf15cc

Amen brother i feel the same way all this talk about stars is killing me. I want players that love the game, and want to play for my beloved hogs. Who really cares about all the stars? At the end of the day it's about the TEAM and who they represent.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

So simple even a corndog can figure it out.!!?

No offense...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Vildsvin

To be fair.. this is Hogville.. it's reputation precedes it and even if you've never heard of this board it doesn't take much looking around to get the basic gist.

Any recruits or families of recruits are better off not even engaging here. I like to think most of them get that. Twitter is bad enough..

MissippHog

Quote from: Vildsvin on July 03, 2015, 06:00:49 am
To be fair.. this is Hogville.. it's reputation precedes it and even if you've never heard of this board it doesn't take much looking around to get the basic gist.

Any recruits or families of recruits are better off not even engaging here. I like to think most of them get that. Twitter is bad enough..
Doesn't make it excusable though Vildsvin and LSU is exactly right.  What gets me is that some of these people don't seem to understand that what they are doing is counter-productive to what we are trying to achieve.  I can imagine that it can be deflating to a kid that just committed, gets on here and finds a thread on him only to read some d-bag say "I can't get excited about this commitment" (recently happened.)  To make it worse, their reasoning is usually based solely on how many "stars" the kid has.  Just pitiful.

racinghog

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on July 03, 2015, 06:37:06 am
The LSU Fan neets to go back to the LSU Board and PRAISE the LSU players that participate in their annual Bar Fight Beat Down where  a group of LSU players beat a number of bar patrons senseless and after everyone is PAID all charges are dropped. This is an annual event usually lead by a Team Leader. Then there is the annual Burglary Sweepstakes, a contest to see who can collect the most Loot! This personally is one of my favorites. The Domestic Battery Contest is an Open Event all 12 months, where no charges are filed during the season.

Yes it's Great to be a Tiger Fan!
Tiger Fan is a good guy. He has been posting here for years and is respected by many of us. HE IS NOT A FLAME THROWER ALSO HE DOESN'T LIKE CORNDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

gmarv

seems to me doug handles the clowns just fine.

JIHawg

Oklahawg

Half the recruiting threads could be locked. That is pathetic.

There are 3-4 who stir the pot and provoke just enough to get someone to take the bait. Then, they sit back and put their hands in the air in mock horror.

While every school has message boards with fans who are over-zealous (ie, like HV) we do not have to set our sights on being the most mean-spirited of the bunch.

We are rapidly approaching that point where Lanny will give the go-ahead and Doug and the Admin team will lower the boom on those who can't behave. Then, those posters will miss out on the start-of-the-season commentary when fall drills open. That is not something any of us want to miss.

Folks are warned - and the first poster who wants to act naive (when they are really simply reinforcing the point) will be made an example for the rest.

YES, RECRUITS AND FAMILIES READ THESE BOARDS. WORSE, COMPETING SCHOOLS HAVE OFFICE MINIONS READ THESE BOARDS AND CURATE ANYTHING THEY CAN TO USE AGAINST UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

31to6

Quote from: LSUFan on July 03, 2015, 02:27:02 am
Just my 2 cents.
+lots LSUFan.

I really appreciate it when  you come on here and make a post that is so spot on that our trolls and haters have to play the "go back to your board" card because they have nothing substantive to say.

I am guilty of following threads off the cliff when they get derailed, but you will never hear me saying anything negative about a recruit.

I know the mods work hard, but I would not mind seeing a heavier hand in this particular forum. The recruiting forum should be facts, news and sunshine.

You don't sell a product by going out in public and bitching about your customers. You can't sell a program if you are knocking on recruits (whether or not they are seriously considering you, have committed elsewhere, or whatever... recruiting is NEVER over until signing day... and with transfers, sometimes not even then).

How can we sell Arkansas as a family if we are ripping each other non-stop here.

And to those who say "that's just Hogville", well that is a crying shame because this is widely recognized as the largest and most active Razorback fan board.

This board is a part of the face of the University and the Program.

Remember that when you post.

ricepig

Like most things, there are correct and incorrect ways to put things, if you can't tell the difference, don't post.

Steef

Cleaned and open.

Just to be clear, LSUfan has been posting on this board almost since its inception. He's even been a mod, once upon a time.

His basic message in the OP....pretty much the entire Hogville staff agrees with him.

Including Lanny.

And our coaching staff.

Let that sink in for a minute or two, before you post in this thread again.

;)

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: steefhog on July 03, 2015, 04:41:08 pm
Cleaned and open.

Just to be clear, LSUfan has been posting on this board almost since its inception. He's even been a mod, once upon a time.

His basic message in the OP....pretty much the entire Hogville staff agrees with him.

Including Lanny.

And our coaching staff.

Let that sink in for a minute or two, before you post in this thread again.

;)

my rant was about the timing? i havent seen anyone heckling or bashing a player in a way that should be deemed inappropriate since signing day has passed with exception on twitter towards kj hill...so out of the blue, for no apparent reason and with the tone he expressed his message as if we have a problem going on right now pissed me off...him having lsufan for name only added to it!i would say 90% of us agree with the message and respect so why now...why today when we dont even have anything to talk about would he come on here telling ppl to STFU and GTFO...thats freaking ludacris...that is nothing short of what our politics are doing right now stirring the pot
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Huds_HawgTide

also to add to it...we do appreciate our players and recruits who finished off the yr with 17-0 win against yours truly
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

Doug

Quote from: VildsvinTo be fair.. this is Hogville.. it's reputation precedes it
You've outlined the single reason why so many parents, players and recruits sign up on here...

With that being said, go ahead people... get stupid. Break the rules, bash away. We welcome the opportunity to get rid of you for a while.

Just do us a favor... if you MUST go stupid on here... spare us all... PM any Admin and ask to be banned or for your account to be deleted. You'll save the rest of the members here the agony of reading your drivel.

Quote from: gmarvseems to me doug handles the clowns just fine.
I said this in another thread (DST, of all places)... of the active Admins, I'm the one that bans the least. I'm just more direct about it. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Huds_HawgTide

Im still waiting for a response as to why a lsu fan can stir pot bout our rules from a thread from jan. 19th...out of the blue...and then go on to say there are ppl that like to stir the pot...? Ive been on a political rant lately all things going on and my patience for pot stirrers is wearing very thin...so why in the world is this ok? Did someone actuallt bash a player last night as to the reason he felt the need? Did i miss something? Cause from my perspective he came in here for the sole purpose of starting something...is it a good rule, absolutely...best rule ever for this forum...we want uncommon men and we should strive to be uncommon fans and support our team and question in only an intelligent way...no bashing should be LAW...so if someone bashed a recruit last night ban them delete this thread and lets move on ppl...nothing to see here if nothi g happened
tommy boy

Steef

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 03, 2015, 05:33:51 pm
Im still waiting for a response as to why a lsu fan can stir pot bout our rules from a thread from jan. 19th...out of the blue...and then go on to say there are ppl that like to stir the pot...? Ive been on a political rant lately all things going on and my patience for pot stirrers is wearing very thin...so why in the world is this ok? Did someone actuallt bash a player last night as to the reason he felt the need? Did i miss something? Cause from my perspective he came in here for the sole purpose of starting something...is it a good rule, absolutely...best rule ever for this forum...we want uncommon men and we should strive to be uncommon fans and support our team and question in only an intelligent way...no bashing should be LAW...so if someone bashed a recruit last night ban them delete this thread and lets move on ppl...nothing to see here if nothi g happened

LOL

I REALLY wanted to just ignore you. But this is just too funny.

You are actually AGREEING with the OP in substance.

But you're complaining about the fact that he said it....NOW.

And you're complaining about him being an LSU fan.

One of those complainrs has already been answered. The answer to the other is....no, you don't see everything. Posts get deleted a lot in the recruiting forum.

And besides, it's a message that bears repeating often.

Huds_HawgTide

Ok...thats all i asked for...i dont live on here every minute of everyday...i clicked and bam a guy witg a tiger is telling us off and the thread he stickies is 6 months old...just wanted to know if i missed something...if i did then it prob made perfect sense
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

I dont do well when its another schools name and they say GTFO OR STFU
tommy boy

Hogs-n-Roses

I ve been friends of a couple of Razorbacks parents. It was during the Nuttzi rezime and said parents and players often came onto this site to get a feel for the public perception of what was going on wit their kids. I talked to one of them just the other day and they still lurk around here to keep up wit all things Razorback. Things are still the same today. Please watch out for saying anything negative bout the recruits or current players. Stay classy Hog fans.

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on July 03, 2015, 06:06:30 pm
I ve been friends of a couple of Razorbacks parents. It was during the Nuttzi rezime and said parents and players often came onto this site to get a feel for the public perception of what was going on wit their kids. I talked to one of them just the other day and they still lurk around here to keep up wit all things Razorback. Things are still the same today. Please watch out for saying anything negative bout the recruits or current players. Stay classy Hog fans.

This right here is a perfect way to bring up subject without ruffling anyones feathers
tommy boy

Doug

Seriously... you're whining about someone who's reminding us about the rules... and you break another rule by posting a picture (in an attempt to troll the OP)?

Makes sense... not.

LSU Fan doesn't need me defending him. His approach, while sure to ruffle feathers for the thick skinned impaired, is on point, albeit a bit direct.

While his current account may show up as "new", he's been around nearly as long as I have... (FYI, that's 12 years in September)... so yeah, he's got a bit of a leg to stand on here. :)
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

deedster84

Wish I could share some of my PTSD meds with a lot of folks on here. It'd be a much happier place.

Vildsvin

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 03, 2015, 11:08:42 am
Half the recruiting threads could be locked. That is pathetic.

There are 3-4 who stir the pot and provoke just enough to get someone to take the bait. Then, they sit back and put their hands in the air in mock horror.

While every school has message boards with fans who are over-zealous (ie, like HV) we do not have to set our sights on being the most mean-spirited of the bunch.

We are rapidly approaching that point where Lanny will give the go-ahead and Doug and the Admin team will lower the boom on those who can't behave. Then, those posters will miss out on the start-of-the-season commentary when fall drills open. That is not something any of us want to miss.

Folks are warned - and the first poster who wants to act naive (when they are really simply reinforcing the point) will be made an example for the rest.

YES, RECRUITS AND FAMILIES READ THESE BOARDS. WORSE, COMPETING SCHOOLS HAVE OFFICE MINIONS READ THESE BOARDS AND CURATE ANYTHING THEY CAN TO USE AGAINST UA.

Its unfortunate for sure..

For a message board to really be fun, it's critical that you have a good community of members. Any board that has to be modded at the level you just described really takes the fun out of it. Members almost have to operate on the honor system really and I dont know how you can install that philosophy. I dont think it's something you can really beat into people..

Vildsvin

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 03, 2015, 04:46:02 pm
thats freaking ludacris...

No, this is freaking Ludacris  ;D

You're looking for "ludicrous"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

LSU fan himself would be upset about my corndog cooker joke getting wiped out... I'm taking this to the tavern...  >:(
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

LSUFan

I feel little need to explain my moniker to some other, school hatin "fan", that doesn't know me nor is familiar with my history here.

There comes a time when you get older that you no longer bash players.
You develop a sense of decency that involves NOT bashing a "kid", but a sense of simply loving the game, supporting those kids that fight in the trenches, win or lose.
Richard Davenport told me one time, "Don't worry about your name (moniker), you are welcome here, 'I love people that love college football'"

It's just that simple.

I found it absurd that Doug would HAVE TO post such a thread.

CBB is doing great things, shut up, and let him do it.

LSUFan

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on July 04, 2015, 01:07:43 am
LSU fan himself would be upset about my corndog cooker joke getting wiped out... I'm taking this to the tavern...  >:(
Amen!  ;)

Where can I get one?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: LSUFan on July 04, 2015, 02:12:08 am
I feel little need to explain my moniker to some other, school hatin "fan", that doesn't know me nor is familiar with my history here.

There comes a time when you get older that you no longer bash players.
You develop a sense of decency that involves NOT bashing a "kid", but a sense of simply loving the game, supporting those kids that fight in the trenches, win or lose.
Richard Davenport told me one time, "Don't worry about your name (moniker), you are welcome here, 'I love people that love college football'"

It's just that simple.

I found it absurd that Doug would HAVE TO post such a thread.

CBB is doing great things, shut up, and let him do it.

That sounds like exactly what Richard would say...

after at least 6 beers  :razorback:  ;D

redswarmrising

This board isn't nearly as bad as woopig.net .I'm pretty sure those members would threaten your unborn child

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: redswarmrising on July 04, 2015, 03:35:15 am
This board isn't nearly as bad as woopig.net .I'm pretty sure those members would threaten your unborn child

But you know common sense would tell you that with >11K posts the dude has been here a while, and with nearly as much + karma as - more people like what he has had to say; and if you thought about it a little more you would probably realize what little - karma the guy got was due to some newb smacking the - button because they saw a *gasp* LSU fan on a Hog Site and got the vapors..!  Jeesh How many times does folks gotta defend their stupid actions against a freaking board treasure..?

To put it bluntly  "...leave this (LSUfan) sumbitch alone.!"

Doug

Quote from: LSUFanI feel little need to explain my moniker to some other, school hatin "fan", that doesn't know me nor is familiar with my history here.
No need to explain it... they won't see it for quite some time. ;)
--Doug

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Steef

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

redswarmrising

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on July 04, 2015, 05:33:09 am
But you know common sense would tell you that with >11K posts the dude has been here a while, and with nearly as much + karma as - more people like what he has had to say; and if you thought about it a little more you would probably realize what little - karma the guy got was due to some newb smacking the - button because they saw a *gasp* LSU fan on a Hog Site and got the vapors..!  Jeesh How many times does folks gotta defend their stupid actions against a freaking board treasure..?

i wasn't trying to bash him or anything like that.i was just saying there are much worse fan boards out there is all

Steef

Quote from: redswarmrising on July 05, 2015, 05:29:35 am
i wasn't trying to bash him or anything like that.i was just saying there are much worse fan boards out there is all

;)

LSUFan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 04, 2015, 02:45:54 am
That sounds like exactly what Richard would say...

after at least 6 beers  :razorback:  ;D
You knowd it!  ;D ::hornsdown:: :razorback:

LSUFan

Quote from: Doug on July 04, 2015, 07:21:31 am
No need to explain it... they won't see it for quite some time. ;)
It's aight, I'm use to the newb bashing.
Hope all is well with you and the misses.

LSUFan

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on July 04, 2015, 05:33:09 am

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

GolfnHog

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 03, 2015, 06:01:23 pm
Ok...thats all i asked for...i dont live on here every minute of everyday...i clicked and bam a guy witg a tiger is telling us off and the thread he stickies is 6 months old...just wanted to know if i missed something...if i did then it prob made perfect sense

You're either really sensitive; didn't get your participation ribbon or real easy to get his/her panties in a wad.... or....  all the above. Whatever the case may be, learn to breath in and breath out, you'll be less inclined to look like a whiny 3 year old.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: Vildsvin on July 03, 2015, 10:18:49 pm
No, this is freaking Ludacris  ;D

You're looking for "ludicrous"
That my friend is completely hilarious.  I appreciate you "fro" the laugh I got there. 

wholehog92

Rock on LSUfan.  Good post.  Most of the stuff I would say would get me bant here to give you grief, so I'll leave it that.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

LSUFan

Quote from: wholehog92 on July 06, 2015, 04:45:22 pm
Rock on LSUfan.  Good post.  Most of the stuff I would say would get me bant here to give you grief, so I'll leave it that.
I've always respected you, even though I've never met you. You good people.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 03, 2015, 04:51:31 pm
also to add to it...we do appreciate our players and recruits who finished off the yr with 17-0 win against yours truly
Seventeen for. Zero against. Wooo Pig!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!