Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RB options

Started by PorkSoda, July 02, 2015, 03:37:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogInFlorida

Quote from: secneahog on July 06, 2015, 06:30:56 pm
5'11 195 still in high school isn't small...

It's definitely not small. AC3 was that size his senior year. Hammonds was a junior when they measured that. Pretty sure AC was 175ish his junior year.

I think Hammonds will be a RB and Stewart/Jojo will have slot locked up for a while.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

secneahog

Pettway even tho big can play that position also. Speed.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Ā 

NLRHog92

Where did I say he was small?

SoonerSooie

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢ on July 06, 2015, 11:07:21 am
Check this out for yourself...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2625784/highlights/195394391/v2

Thanks for the link! Kid looks pretty fast. Out ran kids that apparently had good angles on him. Just blew by. Pretty impressive to me! Good size also.

duckman

Quote from: SoonerSooie on July 06, 2015, 07:46:31 pm
Thanks for the link! Kid looks pretty fast. Out ran kids that apparently had good angles on him. Just blew by. Pretty impressive to me! Good size also.

A lot of those highlights were against Hot Springs High and Fountain Lake, not much speed at FL and HS has a few that can run but not many.  I like Crockett, I love Devin White....  White is a freak.

hawgmasta

Thanks for the link to the highlights as well. Doesn't appear to have burner speed but I can see him running 4.5-4.65 forty yard dash type of speed. He seems to have some decent cutback and lateral quickness. Does Crockett appear to have a frame that could add 15-20 lbs and not be too much that will cause speed loss?  His HUDL said 6' 213 I believe and y'all said 5-11 195. So big difference in gaining 18# or so and being 5-11 213 or 5'11/6' 230.

secneahog

Hes no where near a 4.6 40. Try 4.42 at 195 lbs.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 06, 2015, 01:52:01 pm
Not so sure he'll play RB. I think he may see some time in the backfield and get tosses and sweeps, but he may not be big enough to continually get carries. I do love his game though, glad we got him

You didn't sat Tj hammonds was small but you definitely gave him the Jojo/Cornelius card.
Jet sweeps/can carry the load up the middle.

The guy is 5'11 195 runs a 4.42. Still in high school...so tell me why he can't go inside?

Plus we don't feature a 1 back carry the load philosophy.

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on July 07, 2015, 09:43:00 am

The difference between hand held and laser, which is fine. He's fast enough if he is durable and elusive.

Pork Twain

July 07, 2015, 09:53:13 am #59 Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:31:03 am by Pork Twain
I think some need to relook at the "studs" CBB recruited to Wisky.  Those were not a lot of top rated players, but they fit their system and killed it on the field.  He has NEVER had the stable of backs that many of you are saying he needs or wants.

2006 - Lance Smith #27 RB
2007 - Jon Clay #9 RB, Zach Brown #57
2008 - Eric Smith #62, Dex Jones #78
2009 - Monte Ball, #40 RB
2010 - James White #45 RB, Jeff Lewis #62
2011 - Melvin Gordon #18 RB
2012 - Vonte Jackson #17 RB

2013 - Alex Collins #1 RB, Korliss Marshall #78 RB (#1 in the minds of many), Denzell Evans #83 RB
2014 - Juan Day #47 RB
2015 - Rawliegh Williams III #44 RB

We are currently warm with
Devin White #7
Devwah Whaly #5
D'Vaughn Pennamon #21

Cool but instate
Damarea Crockett #33 RB

I trust this staff and I never count them out, as we saw with Collins
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 07, 2015, 09:53:13 am
I think some need to relook at the "studs" CBB recruited to Wisky.  Those were not a lot of top rated players, but they fit their system and killed it on the field.

Almost all of his most productive RB's were 4 stars.

And I'm not posting that to be argumentative, because I'm not a star gazer.  I'm just saying...
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

I think some need to relook at the "studs" CBB recruited to Wisky.  Those were not a lot of top rated players, but they fit their system and killed it on the field.

Not only that but look at Alex Collins recruitment..didn't have him jump on board till late in the game.

Bielema has some kind of plan always does.

Imo I think we have a silent commit already

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: WorfHog on July 02, 2015, 05:14:17 pm
I expect our coaches to sign two 4/5 star running backs this season.
According to the ESPN database there are currently 12 uncommitted 4/5 start RB's in the 2016 class.

Ā 

jry04

James White and Montee Ball being 2 of them. Both were very good at Wisconsin.

James White was a 3 star recruit, out of Florida. His best offer from a Florida school was USF. He had some decent offers from teams like Rutgers, Iowa, NC State, Boston College, but no SEC or Big 12 school offered him. With the exception of Clemson, no top ACC teams at the time offered him either, despite being a Florida kid. 

Ball was a 3 star recruit by most publications, and had offers from Indiana, Iowa State, Missouri, Kansas, Northwestern, and Stanford. Only Stanford being a good offer at the time.

Rawliegh Williams will have a similar career to these guys, in my opinion. 3 star recruit, with not a ton of offers, but his stats and film suggest he should have been more highly recruited. With the offensive line we are building, we just need solid running backs and they will look like 5 stars.

secneahog

Melvin Gordan was 6'0 185 4.52 40 out of high school.
So as of right now Tj is bigger and faster (hand held or laser) then Melvin was. Saw how Melvin turned out at Wisconsin.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: secneahog on July 07, 2015, 09:43:00 am
Per the nike combine results, TJ ran a 4.66 at 189 lbs.  Crockett ran a 4.69 at 211. And for those wondering, Devin White ran a 4.56 at 260 lbs.

http://www.studentsports.com/football/2015/03/02/2015-nike-football-rating-leaderboard/

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wildhog on July 07, 2015, 09:55:14 am
Almost all of his most productive RB's were 4 stars.

And I'm not posting that to be argumentative, because I'm not a star gazer.  I'm just saying...
Put your glasses on before you attempt any more gazing...

Going strictly off of 24/7
Ball 3*
White 3*
Gordon 4*

I think we will be ok and will likely pull in a 3-4* before it is all said and done.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

ricepig

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 07, 2015, 10:43:19 am

Ball 3*
White 3*
Gordon 4*

I think we will be ok and will likely pull in a 3-4* before it is all said and done.

We've had this discussion before, different services had them rated differently. It doesn't matter, they were good, did well, and I suspect we will too.

trashcan maN

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on July 07, 2015, 10:19:39 am
Per the nike combine results, TJ ran a 4.66 at 189 lbs.  Crockett ran a 4.69 at 211. And for those wondering, Devin White ran a 4.56 at 260 lbs.

http://www.studentsports.com/football/2015/03/02/2015-nike-football-rating-leaderboard/
I looked up a couple of bigger backs who have done well in the NFL recently, Jeremy Hill and Montee Ball, and they both coincidentally ran 4.66 at the NFL combine.

Not to be clichƩ/over-simplistic, but if BB accepts a commitment from a guy that early(Hammonds), I think he'll be ready to go.

trashcan maN

Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2015, 10:48:16 am
We've had this discussion before, different services had them rated differently. It doesn't matter, they were good, did well, and I suspect we will too.
Yeah, I hate the 'just shut up and trust the coach' mentality on a message board, but I have no problem placing ignorant, blind faith in Bielema to get capable RBs and OL, regardless of rating.

Pork Twain

Quote from: trashcan maN on July 07, 2015, 10:50:47 am
Yeah, I hate the 'just shut up and trust the coach' mentality on a message board, but I have no problem placing ignorant, blind faith in Bielema to get capable RBs and OL, regardless of rating.
Same here.  He has shown far too often that is one area that his teams will never lack.

Monte Ball, James White, Juan Day, and Rawliegh Williams III were all ranked in the 40's as far as position rankings and we saw how those first two turned out.  I don't expect Juan to ever see the field but I do expect to see him replaced.

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 07, 2015, 10:43:19 am

Ball 3*
White 3*
Gordon 4*

I always wear my glasses. 

And I like Rivals better than 24/7.  They had Ball and Gordon as 4-stars, White a high 3-star, and don't forget John Clay, who was ranked 4th nationally.  CBB had some very highly rated RB signees at Wisky.

And you're right.  It really doesn't matter.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pork Twain

I agree that we will be fine here.  Some seem to be entering the panicy/demanding phase and I think it is a little early for that.

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 07, 2015, 11:03:28 am
I agree that we will be fine here.  Some seem to be entering the panicy/demanding phase and I think it is a little early for that.

I haven't seen anyone panicking. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ā 

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 07, 2015, 11:05:57 am
I haven't seen anyone panicking. 

Are you freaking kidding, it's full panic mode on here! Now, would I feel better knowing we had one in the barn, you bet. I haven't kept up with the individual guys, any of them have a date selected?

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2015, 11:21:20 am
Are you freaking kidding, it's full panic mode on here! Now, would I feel better knowing we had one in the barn, you bet. I haven't kept up with the individual guys, any of them have a date selected?

I think White's waiting until NSD.  Or maybe that was Whaley.  I can't remember.  It was one of them.  Now I have to look it up.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Montee ball biggest offers was Missouri and Stanford.

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on July 07, 2015, 11:44:41 am
Montee ball biggest offers was Missouri and Stanford.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd consider those two solid offers.

Better than Duke/Okie Lite
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 07, 2015, 11:46:13 am
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd consider those two solid offers.

Better than Duke/Okie Lite

You imply all the rbs at Wisconsin was highly rated and have big time offers. Mizzou and Stanford isn't  like Alex Collins offers.

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on July 07, 2015, 12:28:16 pm
You imply all the rbs at Wisconsin was highly rated and have big time offers. Mizzou and Stanford isn't  like Alex Collins offers.

Not one time did I say "all."  And I never said anything about their offer lists.   I said "almost all of his most productive RB's were 4-stars."   I should have included "by at least one service."  But oh well.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 07, 2015, 12:35:57 pm
Not one time did I say "all."  And I never said anything about their offer lists.   I said "almost all of his most productive RB's were 4-stars."   I should have included "by at least one service."  But oh well.

Ok well facts have been brought about the past and current rb situation.
Guys at Wisconsin wasn't top 5 rbs ...offers ee have out and current rb hogs are pretty similiar as it was in Wisconsin. Case closed

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on July 07, 2015, 12:57:45 pm
Guys at Wisconsin wasn't top 5 rbs ...offers ee have out and current rb hogs are pretty similiar as it was in Wisconsin. Case closed

Lol, case closed, huh? Didnt realize I was talking to a TV detective!

My only point is that he wasn't working with a bunch of nobodies at Wisky.  His most productive RB's were all pretty highly regarded by one service or another.

...It's just been revoked.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: secneahog on July 07, 2015, 12:57:45 pm

Slow down bud you are too excited. What in the hell does your post say all the way up to "Case Closed"?
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Oklahawg

To make clear: CBB and Co had a relationship with Collins prior to being hired at UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ā€• Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  ā€“ Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

RB and WR are the easiest positions for a freshman to get on the field. Get the ball to 'em and let them rely on instincts and/or speed. Those instincts are hard to quantify by the gurus. It might take a top 10 talent a while to grasp the speed of the SEC, for example. How easily does a player go from Class 3A Arkansas to the big-time? One carry if you read HV without a salt shaker.

Coaching, scheme, etc., aside...if took Felix and Dmac some time to become HR threats.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ā€• Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  ā€“ Yogi Berra

secneahog

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on July 07, 2015, 03:00:00 pm
Slow down bud you are too excited. What in the hell does your post say all the way up to "Case Closed"?

Case has been closed. 

Wildhog

Tag 'em and bag 'em!
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

NLRHog92

Quote from: secneahog on July 07, 2015, 12:28:16 pm

Your grammar is about as good as your posts.

RebelW

I under stand that CBB made 3* RB look like 5* with that OL in Badger land but you have to take it In account that those backs wasn't facing DL,LB, or secondary corps like Alabama, Georgia, or LSU.. Just saying there's a difference in efficiency when it comes to what conference you ran the ball..

RebelW

What im getting at, is having a white or Whaley could be the difference in getting around  the edge or running through someone to keep a drive alive, rather than coming up a yard short

trashcan maN

July 07, 2015, 04:10:47 pm #91 Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:34:13 pm by trashcan maN
Quote from: secneahog on July 07, 2015, 03:25:40 pm
Case has been closed. 
LOL!

Quote from: Wildhog on July 07, 2015, 01:12:59 pm

Didnt realize I was talking to a TV detective!

I've always wanted to get up in the middle of coffee with a detective and dramatically throw 3 or 4 bucks down and walk out.

Styflin

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on July 07, 2015, 10:19:39 am

Pretty sure this just closed any case that was open. Thanks for the link.

secneahog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 07, 2015, 03:36:05 pm
Your grammar is about as good as your posts.

All else fails, bring out a grammar comment.
HV special!

secneahog

Quote from: Styflin on July 07, 2015, 05:35:12 pm
Pretty sure this just closed any case that was open. Thanks for the link.

Melvin Gordon ran a 4.52 @ combine. 4.6 out of high school. Good job coach Herb.

NLRHog92

Quote from: secneahog on July 07, 2015, 06:11:33 pm
All else fails, bring out a grammar comment.
HV special!

It's just hard to take anything you say seriously when you don't know how to properly say them.

hawgwash

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 07, 2015, 06:39:19 pm
It's just hard to take anything you say seriously when you don't know how to properly say them. it.
Fixed them for you.

Steef

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 07, 2015, 06:39:19 pm
It's just hard to take anything you say seriously when you don't know how to properly say them.

Okay, I was bragging on you the other day. You need to keep up a good trend.

NLRHog92

Quote from: steefhog on July 07, 2015, 06:47:04 pm
Okay, I was bragging on you the other day. You need to keep up a good trend.

You're right. But I, along with others, were in total disagreement with secnea. Hammonds may very well be a part of the RB rotation, and who knows considering Enos hasn't even coached a game here yet. Just don't see him as a RB, even if a 6'0 195 lb outs of HS isn't small.

secneahog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 07, 2015, 06:57:21 pm
You're right. But I, along with others, were in total disagreement with secnea. Hammonds may very well be a part of the RB rotation, and who knows considering Enos hasn't even coached a game here yet. Just don't see him as a RB, even if a 6'0 195 lb outs of HS isn't small.

Its amazing how forums work. People bring their opinions to a site and others bring theirs.
You agree, I disagree.
At this point all you can do is go by your opinion on Tj. I go by mine and a paid site insiders opinion.

Tj is going to be more of a rb then a Jojo role.