Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MERGED] Jake Heinrich is now a Hog (Heinrich announcing at 6 today!)

Started by FBREW000, July 01, 2015, 04:40:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

HogMantheIntruder

Just curious why a 4* recruit who is obviously very smart and a great student doesn't have more offers... I know he has a few good ones, but nothing like I would expect from that caliber of player AND student, and no other SEC offers. 
Any idea why more big name programs aren't beating down this kid's door? Everything I see points to "no brainer" on this guy.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

board

Quote from: ricepig on July 04, 2015, 06:33:43 pm
Maybe he is talking about the state of Iowa? How about you put that image in your mind to decide it's relevancy.

I see no reason to give a frick about anything concerning iowa. Glad the Hogs got the young man..

board

Quote from: Poppa Tart on July 04, 2015, 07:54:06 pm
Just curious why a 4* recruit who is obviously very smart and a great student doesn't have more offers... I know he has a few good ones, but nothing like I would expect from that caliber of player AND student, and no other SEC offers. 
Any idea why more big name programs aren't beating down this kid's door? Everything I see points to "no brainer" on this guy.

Why would anyone go to iowa unless they had to, or were familiar with it, as CBB is? There are very few good ones in iowa. This kid is one of them..

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: board on July 04, 2015, 08:07:54 pm
Why would anyone go to iowa unless they had to, or were familiar with it, as CBB is? There are very few good ones in iowa. This kid is one of them..
This argument hasn't held water since that whole "internet" thing became trendy...
   -Harry Solomon

board

Quote from: Poppa Tart on July 04, 2015, 08:24:13 pm
This argument hasn't held water since that whole "internet" thing became trendy...

I have had to go to iowa many times. Enough about that, but I will assume you are referring to only football recruits. Enough about that too, until they get a national player of the year, or something very similar.

Hold your breath...

WildRazorback

Quote from: Poppa Tart on July 04, 2015, 08:24:13 pm

I think he made this point because teams no longer really have barriers as to where they can recruit. Nowadays, any program can watch tape and pick up the phone to make an offer. A great player, no matter the location, can get some good offers from all over the country. Arkansas can't be the only team to see Jake's tape. Maybe he will blow up into his senior year and grab some more quality offers. Location is no longer that relevant when it comes to power-5 teams recruitment.

ricepig

Quote from: WildRazorback on July 04, 2015, 08:47:17 pm
I think he made this point because teams no longer really have barriers as to where they can recruit. Nowadays, any program can watch tape and pick up the phone to make an offer. A great player, no matter the location, can get some good offers from all over the country. Arkansas can't be the only team to see Jake's tape. Maybe he will blow up into his senior year and grab some more quality offers. Location is no longer that relevant when it comes to power-5 teams recruitment.

Who the frick cares what offers he gets, Sam wanted him, we got him, end of story.

HogMantheIntruder

This is EXACTLY what I meant.  Thank you.

Quote from: ricepig on July 04, 2015, 08:50:52 pm
Who the frick cares what offers he gets, Sam wanted him, we got him, end of story.
At the end of the day, this is all that matters, but I do not believe it makes my question irrelevant.  I just don't see why just about any school in the country would not want this guy, unless they are already full at that position with equal to superior talent.
   -Harry Solomon

oldhawg

Lots of good OL in the South.  Not all SEC schools are spending the time and effort to recruit equally qualified linemen from the Midwest.  Arkansas's geographic location and the personal connections some of its coaches have with high school programs in the Midwest are an advantage.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on July 04, 2015, 04:56:40 pm
His highlight video . . . Geeze. Why he so angry at errybody???
he finishes evry single play with some poor kid either on his back or folded in half!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

je100

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

WildRazorback

Quote from: ricepig on July 04, 2015, 08:50:52 pm

I like that we got him, I was simply stating that location does not have the stipulation that it used to.

je100

Little more info from a guy named Rob Howe from the Hawkeye Insider, a Scout.com group I think?

"ADDISON, Ill. – A week after walking away from the Rival Cleveland camp with O-Line MVP honors, Jake Heinrich built on his reputation Sunday with a strong performance here at The Opening Chicago Regional.

Here's What I Saw: I've had the good fortune to watch Heinrich grow up and improve during the last few years. I saw him play live in each of the last two seasons and then again at Sunday's combine. I'm actually surprised he doesn't have more offers. He was one of, if not the most technically sound offensive linemen here. He shows strong hands and that he keeps inside and uses effectively. He slides his feet well and understands leverage. I'm excited to see what the future brings for Heinrich because as good as he already is, his excellent work ethic leaves plenty of room before he hits his ceiling."

http://allhawkeyes.com/2015/05/3586/

je100

A little more.....

"Urbandale (Iowa) three-star offensive lineman Jake Heinrich made a 10-hour drive to Cleveland to participate in the Rivals Camp Series presented by Under Armour, and he made the most of his journey.

The 6-4, 285-pound standout took home offensive MVP honors for his technical play. He was not the strongest but he was the most technically sound. He also showed very nice flexibility and footwork and has the frame to add some nice weight to over the next few years.

It was easy to see he has strong fundamentals and has a nice athletic framework.

Heinrich fought off several top prospects to earn the well deserved nod as the top offensive line performer. Then he hit the road back to Iowa to continue working on his craft and honing his skills."

https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1760949&PT=4&PR=2

Philip Seaton

To me, just me saying this mind you, but "quality" offers? There is only ONE quality offer and it is from the University of Arkansas. But I tend to be a little biased, so that is the only one that matters to me. I don't see quality in other schools. Maybe I was just born that way or something.

redeye

Quote from: je100 on July 04, 2015, 10:35:23 pm
Small clip.  I don't know much, but he looks pretty athletic to me.

Does that mean he'll play linebacker?   :D

Seriously, what je100 posted is interesting.  I know Ohio is a football hotbed, so I assume that goes for Cleveland, as well.  Taking home OL MVP honors for their Cleveland camp sounds like an impressive feat.

jgphillips3

If Sam Pittman thinks he's good enough to play for us. I don't care what anyone else thinks about him.  Once you prove you are a top 3 catch at your position, you get my unquestioned support.  I suspect there will be some late big time offers but I hope he just tells them to stick it.

Foshodo

Duke, Louisville, Kansas State and Oregon don't seem like just god-awful offers to me... I mean I know they aren't Michigan, Alabama, Ohio State but meh... I'm glad he's one of us

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: je100 on July 04, 2015, 11:12:27 pm
A little more.....

"Urbandale (Iowa) three-star offensive lineman Jake Heinrich made a 10-hour drive to Cleveland to participate in the Rivals Camp Series presented by Under Armour, and he made the most of his journey.

The 6-4, 285-pound standout took home offensive MVP honors for his technical play. He was not the strongest but he was the most technically sound. He also showed very nice flexibility and footwork and has the frame to add some nice weight to over the next few years.

It was easy to see he has strong fundamentals and has a nice athletic framework.

Heinrich fought off several top prospects to earn the well deserved nod as the top offensive line performer. Then he hit the road back to Iowa to continue working on his craft and honing his skills."

https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1760949&PT=4&PR=2

WoW.>!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

BigPapaHawg

So glad that Heinrich is a Razorback!!!! Welcome Jake!!!!
WOO PIG

lefty08

Now that he is committed to us I think more sec schools will notice. How many times do we offer a lower ranked player only to Watch his stock increase?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hawgzinbowlz

Some time with CBH and Coach Sam will develop an SEC lineman who Coach Enos can depend on to successfully get out in front of screens and get to the next levels. We wanted Jake and now he wants us...oh, and let's keep paying CSP enough to stick around.

" WOO PIG "

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 04, 2015, 10:29:20 pm
he finishes evry single play with some poor kid either on his back or folded in half!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 04, 2015, 10:29:20 pm

He reminded me of Steve Korte in his highlight reel.....15-yards downfield and still on his block.  Love it!

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

HoggusMaximus

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: lefty08 on July 05, 2015, 06:56:10 am
Now that he is committed to us I think more sec schools will notice. How many times do we offer a lower ranked player only to Watch his stock increase?

He's a composite 4-Star on 247.  That's not low-ranked.  The lack of great offers is what people are talking about.  He does have great offers, just not the ones that we expect to be competing with like Alabama and Auburn. We're fortunate to have him committed to us!

razorbacker3

A lower ranked player? He's a 4-star. I don't think that's a " lower ranked player".

OLDHOG

DCimport

Can't explain the low offer list but going to go with the expertise of one of the best OL coaches in country and another coach whose team was in the CFB championship game

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

HoopS

Bama can't offer everybody. They have enough highly rated OL nearby as well.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

HoggusMaximus

lefty08

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on July 05, 2015, 10:49:54 am
He's a composite 4-Star on 247.  That's not low-ranked.  The lack of great offers is what people are talking about.  He does have great offers, just not the ones that we expect to be competing with like Alabama and Auburn. We're fortunate to have him committed to us!
For the love of God I didn't say he was low ranked. Re-read my post and chill
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Hawgzinbowlz

After watching his Junior Highlights again IHOP should name a pancake stack ' The Heinrich Maneuver ".
He's got the mentality for A Hog offensive lineman.

" WOO PIG "

Styflin

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Choctaw Hog

I'm not sure what your point is about more SEC schools noticing.  If he is "noticed" by more SEC schools and receives an offer from them will that somehow make him a better player?

Receiving more "notice" didn't hurt Brandon Scherff, the #1, OL taken in the 2015 NFL draft.  That's the same Brandon Scherff from Denison, IA that received the following offerers coming out of high school; Iowa, Iowa St., Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, and Nebraska. 

How is it possible that only one SEC school "noticed" Brandon enough to make an offer?

lefty08

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on July 06, 2015, 07:02:49 am
I'm not sure what your point is about more SEC schools noticing.  If he is "noticed" by more SEC schools and receives an offer from them will that somehow make him a better player?

Receiving more "notice" didn't hurt Brandon Scherff, the #1, OL taken in the 2015 NFL draft.  That's the same Brandon Scherff from Denison, IA that received the following offerers coming out of high school; Iowa, Iowa St., Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, and Nebraska. 

How is it possible that only one SEC school "noticed" Brandon enough to make an offer?

Apparently my comment was taken the wrong way. Never have I had anything negative to say about recruits. I'm not a star gazer at all, I'm about the farthest thing from that. Read the dialogue leading up to my comment, the comment had nothing to do with this commit.

Saying all that I stand by what I said. It happens at least several times a year that we offer someone off the radar and other sec teams join in shortly after. That's what that comment means. I'm one of the good guys, I don't talk bad about anyone that wants to be a hog.

Blutoblutarsky

Yep and Mizzou wasn't even in the SEC yet when he was in HS.

HogMantheIntruder

Brandon Sherff was also a 3*, and I doubt he had a 3.8 GPA along with a 27 on the ACT.  When I asked about his offer list, I wasn't bashing him.  I think he's a fantastic get for us.  I was/am just baffled how a guy like this doesn't have 30 offers from all over the country.  That being said, I could see lefty08's prediction coming true and more schools throwing their names in the hat now that he's been offered by the future O-line/TE/RB U.
   -Harry Solomon

hawgmasta

First of all Congrats Jake on coming to the greatest school and state on Earth; We always love and take care of our own.

Second - reading the critiques of him by that Rivals writer sounds like a guy that would flourish in our system. We have an amazing OL coach to work on the already great fundamentals and footwork. That seems to be the hardest transition for high school guys that are so big they are used to just pushing other kids around, he already can manhandle them AND knows about leverage and footwork to go along with it. Throw in Coach Herbert and he will easily be 300 lbs of man and muscle within 2 years or less.

Last - About the lack of major offers; some are already filling up with commitments. That still doesn't change the fact he has some very good ones and there's very little doubt in my mind he will be getting 3-5 more big offers before it's all said and done.

ChiTown27

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

ldfergu

Quote from: ChiTown27 on July 09, 2015, 07:24:49 pm
It's like rain on your wedding day....

It's a free riiide that ya just didn't take

Well, I guess it's that you did take

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: ChiTown27 on July 09, 2015, 07:24:49 pm
It's like rain on your wedding day....