Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Projecting last half of schollies

Started by Huds_HawgTide, June 25, 2015, 10:34:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Huds_HawgTide

Ok...my projection per position or best possible

We have a spot for Agim and possibly one more elite d linemen...seeing how we have lots of offers out
so D line (2)

Linbacker...at least 1 more...plus one if we get an elite (1/2)

Cornerback...i figure one good cover conrner and big hitting saftey (2)

Offense:
Qb-done
fb-done
TE-done
Wr- (2)
Rb (2/3)

Thats 8 to 10 spot...its been said we will sign between 18-22 so lets say this makes 10 and gets us to 20...i say 2 more OL gets us to 22...but i see us taking 3 more OL...

Just trying to figure out biggest needs with limitied spot left...i keep thunking numbers will work out and we will sign 24 to 25 again...someone will leave, transfer, declare early
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

HogFansReunited

I am sure this has been discussed already but I missed it.  Why are we only taking 18-22 when we have never gone over 25?  It seems like we are always a few under the 25 limit and other schools somehow manage to take more than 25 every year.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

ricepig

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 25, 2015, 11:06:06 am
I am sure this has been discussed already but I missed it.  Why are we only taking 18-22 when we have never gone over 25?  It seems like we are always a few under the 25 limit and other schools somehow manage to take more than 25 every year.

85 number, we don't/haven't been cutting loose the numbers others have.

Music City Hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 25, 2015, 11:12:58 am

Unfortunately

scooby21322

Quote from: ricepig on June 25, 2015, 11:12:58 am

I assume the 18-22 range could change should we lose juniors to the NFL? 

ricepig

Quote from: scooby21322 on June 25, 2015, 11:47:31 am
I assume the 18-22 range could change should we lose juniors to the NFL? 

Correct, or more kids leave, transfer, etc......I expect we'll be on the 22 end of that range.

Huds_HawgTide

I feel we need the 22 for sure just to meet needs...i like the fb and te that just committed...but we could of used those two for RB, OL, & DEFENSE
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

lefty08

When you actually develop players and invest in your recruits you don't cut loose guys as often. 25+25+25+25=100
85-100= -15

We just haven't had the suspensions/arrests of other programs
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on June 25, 2015, 02:35:29 pm
When you actually develop players and invest in your recruits you don't cut loose guys as often. 25+25+25+25=100
85-100= -15

You didn't count the red shirt Sr's, probably can always count on 7-10 of them every year.

FATHAWG08

85-100= -15

It has a lot to do with CBB's  plan of investing in the preferred Walk On program. We will always have 85 Uncommon players by his 4th recruiting season for the Hogs.
I love off season Football!!

Huds_HawgTide

also i have prob 2 more recievers but forgot hammonds and jones both probably line up out wide so with a light TE on board prob only taking one more WR of the boateng or graham mold
tommy boy

lefty08

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on June 25, 2015, 03:24:23 pm
also i have prob 2 more recievers but forgot hammonds and jones both probably line up out wide so with a light TE on board prob only taking one more WR of the boateng or graham mold

I would be surprised if they didn't take both of those guys if possible
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

TexHog188

85-100= -15

Good heavens, what is going up there on the hill?  How are we going to compete with these other programs if we keep signing high integrity players? ;)
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

secneahog

Tj hammonds will get more reps at rb then people think.
We snag Devin white we will be done at rb.
1...maybe 2 wrs..
2 oline.
1 dt.
2 linebackers.
1 cb.
1 safety.

Solid great class. Dt I'm saying is Agim.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Music City Hog

Quote from: secneahog on June 25, 2015, 06:04:14 pm
1...maybe 2 wrs..
2 oline.
1 dt.
2 linebackers.
1 cb.
1 safety.

So you think we only take 1 CB and 1 safety in the entire class?

secneahog

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 25, 2015, 07:02:39 pm

Yeah. I think we killed those positions the last two classes.
I think we get two..but big time players. I think that's our pitch to the guys.
I'll take Fulton & Simmons.

20 kids...already have half of them. Agim..White are for sures.
That leaves us with 8 left. I know BB wants two more oline so we are 6.

So you tell me how the last 6 in your opinion would play out..
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Bubba's Bruisers

Hope not, but it's still not really clear how many total we will take anyway.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

secneahog

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: secneahog on June 25, 2015, 07:54:33 pm

I don't think were pursuing him.

I figured.  Never hear his name mentioned.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

secneahog

Huds_HawgTide

Agim will be a DE not a tackle...we have 2 DTS already committed...and i dont think Hammonds get as many reps at rb as u think unless we only end up with one really good rb when we need 2...dont forget i think thomas and hardwick may get a look...cleo floyd could very well also...crockett cant get a read still surprised no offer yet
tommy boy

jgphillips3

Didn't Ramsey crapping out open a scholie so if we were looking 22 max it might be 23 max now?

nwahogfan1

Quote from: secneahog on June 25, 2015, 07:54:33 pm

I don't think were pursuing him.
Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on June 25, 2015, 07:51:29 pm
What's the story on John Tate?
Someone on here reported he ran like a 5.4 in the 40.  If that is true he will not play DL.  Maybe grow into a OL.

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: secneahog on June 25, 2015, 06:04:14 pm
1...maybe 2 wrs..
2 oline.
1 dt.
2 linebackers.
1 cb.
1 safety.

If Collins does leave, we must take 2 RBs whether Devin White is one of the Two or not. We all hope that White will be a Hog but we still must sign 2 guys.

Music City Hog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on June 25, 2015, 11:18:31 pm
Didn't Ramsey crapping out open a scholie so if we were looking 22 max it might be 23 max now?

The number is currently 16.  We will have to process a few guys to get more. 

Theolesnort

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 25, 2015, 11:19:09 am
Unfortunately
Nah, fortunately. It is not just staying out of trouble and going to class and making good grades that make the uncommon man but being willing to hit the weight room hard, get proper rest and nutrition. People that stick around, work hard with a lot of want to can be developed beyond the ordinary common man. Bielema has his program now in place, let him work his magic. Saban has his way of doing things, recruiting and processing players in and out of the program but Bielema does his own thing his own way.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

HogFansReunited

Thanks for explaining that too me guys.  I still don't see how some schools always manage to take over the limit ever year but at least I see why we are in good shape and staying under the limit.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

RUN N GUN

Quote from: jgphillips3 on June 25, 2015, 11:18:31 pm

Randy is still on campus working hard to get back in the mix maybe next season after sitting out this year focusing on his grades...

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy

ricepig

Quote from: RUN N GUN on June 26, 2015, 09:23:16 am

Randy is still on campus working hard to get back in the mix maybe next season after sitting out this year focusing on his grades...

But I doubt he's on scholarship.

RedyorNot

Deep Shoat

Yes.  We have no CB's leaving and we will still have 4 Safeties after graduation (Ramirez is a Safety). 

We might get one more Safety if we can get a really good one. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

Huds_HawgTide

i think fulton is long shot...i see us getting the simmons kid and offering thomas if we whiff on cuffee...i think we end up offering hardwick if he gets his grades up but may still take a carmouche, divinity, jackson, mccollough types...so thats a possibility of four linebackers...id like to get agim and daniels and then close the D line recruiting up...id love to get tate but like the others at D LINE better
tommy boy

Deep Shoat

Kiondre Thomas  will be our CB as long as his grades check out.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Huds_HawgTide

what are the highest possibilities at OL? boles, the iowa kid, and lashley? anyone else? i keep thinking if we need one more at the end we try and get the big prarie grove tight end and redshirt him and move him to the line
tommy boy

hawgfan4life

It will be awesome if we can only sign 20 give or take a couple.  That is a truly great sign of the quality of kids that they are recruiting and the stability in the program. 

All of you people that believe schools are cutting kids loose every year to open up more spots are seriously mistaken.  That simply is not common practice at most schools every year for a variety of reasons.  Anyplace that it is occurring, is in turmoil of some kind or will be soon.  Cutting athletes loose is a killer to your recruiting program over time because it burns bridges with the communities and coaches.  It is simply bad practice and should only be done when necessary

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy

RazorWhacker

Quote from: Deep Shoat on June 26, 2015, 11:22:09 am
Kiondre Thomas  will be our CB as long as his grades check out.

Nope. He's committed to LA Tech, and as many on Hogville will tell you, he should be a man of his word and honor that commitment.

;)

Huds_HawgTide

Smh...lol...that only applies to those wavering their hog pledge
tommy boy

RazorWhacker

What?

I guess I didn't read that footnote in the rulebook.

lefty08

Quote from: hawgfan4life on June 26, 2015, 12:48:32 pm
It will be awesome if we can only sign 20 give or take a couple.  That is a truly great sign of the quality of kids that they are recruiting and the stability in the program. 

All of you people that believe schools are cutting kids loose every year to open up more spots are seriously mistaken.  That simply is not common practice at most schools every year for a variety of reasons.  Anyplace that it is occurring, is in turmoil of some kind or will be soon.  Cutting athletes loose is a killer to your recruiting program over time because it burns bridges with the communities and coaches.  It is simply bad practice and should only be done when necessary

See Tennessee and their 80 recruits the last 2 years. Plenty of turnover

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Quote from: lefty08 on June 26, 2015, 05:45:39 pm
See Tennessee and their 80 recruits the last 2 years. Plenty of turnover
Quote from: hawgfan4life on June 26, 2015, 12:48:32 pm

Saban has been doing exactly what you say can't be done without killing recruiting. Have you checked their recruiting rankings lately?
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on June 26, 2015, 06:55:03 pm
Saban has been doing exactly what you say can't be done without killing recruiting. Have you checked their recruiting rankings lately?
Let's just leave it at CBB doesn't operate that way.
All Gas, No Brakes!

ldfergu

Quote from: secneahog on June 25, 2015, 07:46:43 pm
Yeah. I think we killed those positions the last two classes.
I think we get two..but big time players. I think that's our pitch to the guys.
I'll take Fulton & Simmons.

20 kids...already have half of them. Agim..White are for sures.
That leaves us with 8 left. I know BB wants two more oline so we are 6.

So you tell me how the last 6 in your opinion would play out..

Looking like Kiondre Thomas will get that CB spot, we'll see though

Bubba's Bruisers

Are recruiting Simmons as a LB or S?

BigBen

I think  going forward we will see a lot more classes where we sign around 20 and not 25 and I'm perfectly fine with it. I love what CBB is doing with walk-ons and player development. 

secneahog

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy