Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Venables with Enos

Started by online-with-swine, December 04, 2017, 12:31:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 05, 2017, 05:16:30 am
Why was this allowed to happen?

That the million dollar question. (Actually 11.8 million dollar question) No idea why, but it cost the entire staff their jobs.  This is why I hope the next coach is a Coordinator.  Whether offense or defense.  Hands on and can see what is happening.  My #1 choice from day 1 has been Venables.  But the other offensive minded names would all act as their own OC.  That has me excited for whoever it is.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogcods8 on December 04, 2017, 12:53:43 pm
Enos?? You've got to be kidding right. No

Yeah, that powerful 345 yards per game offense.. no thanks..

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 05, 2017, 05:41:38 am
That the million dollar question. (Actually 11.8 million dollar question) No idea why, but it cost the entire staff their jobs.  This is why I hope the next coach is a Coordinator.  Whether offense or defense.  Hands on and can see what is happening.  My #1 choice from day 1 has been Venables.  But the other offensive minded names would all act as their own OC.  That has me excited for whoever it is.

Thank you for this and I value your opinion.  I always look forward to your posts.

jackflash

If Venables is hired I can see Enos being name OC agssin

BigK_HogHeaven

I don't understand how some can be so sold on Venables and hate the potential of Morris at the same time. Both highly successful coordinators at Clemson. The only downside of Morris is his record as a HC at a VERY difficult SMU program. I watched some interviews of Morris yesterday and I'm much more sold on him than I was previously. Think he's a good coach in a really crappy situation

HotlantaHog

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on December 05, 2017, 08:18:12 am
I don't understand how some can be so sold on Venables and hate the potential of Morris at the same time. Both highly successful coordinators at Clemson. The only downside of Morris is his record as a HC at a VERY difficult SMU program. I watched some interviews of Morris yesterday and I'm much more sold on him than I was previously. Think he's a good coach in a really crappy situation
I think both Venables and Morris were terrific coordinators at a championship program with a culture of winning. I give a slight edge to Morris because he's been a head coach, been successful at two programs (raising wins from 1-11 at SMU), and it seems easier to build a top-rated offense with good recruiting that exploits the weaknesses in the defense, than to build a top-rated defense where basically every position needs superior talent, times two.