Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Softball fixing to get started

Started by ladybackfan, February 16, 2018, 11:48:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ladybackfan

I wish it was on some app that I could watch it on.  I guess we will just have to listen to the sports on the news.
Hope they do well.

flippinhogmana

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=211668

here is the best I can do for you, its the live stats link to tomorrow's games

obviously the link wont work until game time.  So you will have to get the schedule or otherwise just remember the games are at 5:00 and 7:30 pm.  I assume that is our time, but I dont know for sure.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

FloSoftball is broadcasting many of the games from the Nutter Classic. I haven't checked to see if our games are being shown, however.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 17, 2018, 03:17:50 pm
FloSoftball is broadcasting many of the games from the Nutter Classic. I haven't checked to see if our games are being shown, however.

they are, I was about to point that out, although they are a pay site.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

I have watch espn as a pay site, but I have never picked up flosoft because they dont have that many games that I can't get otherwise.

I assume previous game is running long because our game isnt live yet.

flippinhogmana

Three freshmen will open the season, Green (catcher), Haff (pitching) and McEwen (rf), back from last year in the starting lineup is Cooper (lf), Belans (ss), Krysko (cf), Diaz (1B), Buczek (3rd), and from a reserve roll last year at second this year, Bugarin

flippinhogmana

and a fourth freshman will be in the batting order, Malkin as dh

flippinhogmana

SEC scoreboard shows the game as delayed, doesn't say why

psycHOGlogist

The game was delayed because the Weber St v Army game lasted longer than expected.

Buczek starts off the game with a triple.
Next batter grounds out (McEwan), runner stays at 3rd.
Krzysko gets to a 2-2 count and watches a 3rd strike go by.
Belans works a walk.
Cooper coming up. She hits a grounder to 2b, easy play.

IMO - Buczek could/should have scored on McEwan's grounder. Oh well, let's see what Haff can do!!!

(BTW - the angle of the camera is tricky, but this ump's zone is hard to get a handle on.)

flippinhogmana

game is now underway, Buczek triples to start but the next two batters dont either score the runner or get on base, two outs now for Belin, AJ walks on a 3-1 pitch (McEwen bounced to the infield and Kryzsko struck out
cooper up now, she grounds out, leaves two on, no score

Lets she how Haff does in her first start.

flippinhogmana

ok Psych since you are doing the thread, I will just watch

flippinhogmana

and thanks brother, I just have live stats to go on anyway

flippinhogmana

this should be interesting with an all freshman battery!

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 17, 2018, 05:43:26 pm
this should be interesting with an all freshman battery!

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Leadoff batter hits a 2-2 can of corn out to Krzysko, 1 out.
2-hole hitter singles the first pitch to left field.
Haff looks okay, but seems to be up in the zone a bit.
Haff gets her first K on a BEAUTIFUL change up. 2 outs.
Runner steals 2b on a low pitch -- Green's throw wasn't great, bouncing between the circle and 2b.
3rd out comes on batter's interference (which the announcer could not explain lol).

Diaz, Green, and Malkin due up. Nice first frame for Haff.

flippinhogmana

interesting that both three hole hitters struck out looking!  Haff is generally getting ahead and throwing strikes.

psycHOGlogist

Diaz - grounds out up the middle. A speedier player could have beat that out, but good contact.
Green - gets plunked on the second pitch and takes 1st, 1 out.
Malkin - Puts one into Arizona - 2-0 Hogs. Just CRUSHED it. Not a bad first AB, Linnie!
Bugarin - works a 4 pitch walk, runner on 1st, one out.
Buczek - slaps one into the dirt, runner advances, but Autumn is out at 1st. 2 out.
McEwen - works a 4 pitch walk. Krzysko up with 2 outs, runners at 1st and 2nd.
Krzysko - whiffs again, swinging this time. She doesn't look comfortable. up there.

Haff to face 5-6-7 hitters.

flippinhogmana

this live stat is interesting - it shows malkin homering to left with a player on and just one run scoring!

flippinhogmana

They corrected it!  Nice first AB indeed!
Nice to have Ms. Haff working the second with a lead.

psycHOGlogist

Interesting - they have Bugarin at 2b.

Haff plunks the batter on the 1st pitch, runner on, no outs.
Looks like the ump has something to say to Haff - not sure what. Diefel and Haff laugh it off.
Next pitch is grounded to SS and Belans makes a terrible play and misses it, runners at 1/2 with no outs. Has to be an E6, imo.
Haff K's the next batter on 3 pitches, 1 out, runners at 1/2.
GCU batters having a hard time bunting off of Haff. Haff gets her swinging, 2 outs.
I already like Haff because she throws a rise ball! :-)
And Haff K's the side! Woo hoo!

Due up: Belans, Cooper, and Diaz.

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

two big Ks right there for three in the game up to now

flippinhogmana

if your defense wont do it for you, just strike out the side! 4 now

flippinhogmana

including you and me, there are 12 people following you Psych, keep up the good work!

psycHOGlogist

T3 -
Belans hits an easy grounder to SS, 1 down.
Cooper gets behind 1-2, and tomahawks a grounder to 2b, 2 down.
The GCU pitcher is mixing speeds well, but doesn't seem to have great stuff. Diaz grounds out to SS, 3 down.

Haff to face the top of the order in B3.

flippinhogmana

so far Deifel's recruiting class is showing up, freshmen have scored all the runs (and driven them in), they have two walks, and the battery is doing well with 4Ks so far.

Bacons Rebellion

Looking at the stats feed, it looks like we've recruited half the Ukrainian national team.

psycHOGlogist

B3
Haff's velocity looks very good.
Leadoff batter flies out again to CF, 1 down. This one was a better hit and a nice running grab by Krzysko. 
2 hitter flies out to LF, easy play. 2 down.
3 hitter gets herself out by stepping outside the batter's box and making contact with the ball - 3 down.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on February 17, 2018, 06:14:49 pm
Looking at the stats feed, it looks like we've recruited half the Ukrainian national team.

Well, recruited or married them off to. Buczek's name when we recruited her (and for her first 3 years in the program) was Russell. She's from Arkansas. ;-)

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 17, 2018, 06:15:24 pm
B3
Haff's velocity looks very good.
Leadoff batter flies out again to CF, 1 down. This one was a better hit and a nice running grab by Krzysko. 
2 hitter flies out to LF, easy play. 2 down.
3 hitter gets herself out by stepping outside the batter's box and making contact with the ball - 3 down.

I would have liked to see the batter's interference. Sounds like something that would get called on my ladies.

psycHOGlogist

T4
Green works a 2-2 count, then hits a looooong foul ball before popping out to the infield, 1 down.
Malkin 2 abs, 2 HRs. I like this chick!!!! lol  3-0 Hogs.
Bugarin also hits a loooong foul ball, and then straightens it out for a dinger!!!! 4-0 Hogs!
It's good when your 8 and 9 hitters hit back-to-back dingers, right?
Buzcek works a 3-1 count, attempts a bunt and makes it close at first but is out. 2 down.
McEwen hits a flair to shallow LF, but the CGU outfielder makes a good play on it, 3 down.

Haff to face 4-5-6 hitters.

flippinhogmana

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 17, 2018, 06:18:59 pm
Well, recruited or married them off to. Buczek's name when we recruited her (and for her first 3 years in the program) was Russell. She's from Arkansas. ;-)

If you got married between innings, could you pinch hit for yourself?

flippinhogmana

looks like at least one of the upper classmen doesnt want to get too showed up!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 17, 2018, 06:20:51 pm
T4
Green works a 2-2 count, then hits a looooong foul ball before popping out to the infield, 1 down.
Malkin 2 abs, 2 HRs. I like this chick!!!! lol  3-0 Hogs.
Bugarin also hits a loooong foul ball, and then straightens it out for a dinger!!!! 4-0 Hogs!
It's good when your 8 and 9 hitters hit back-to-back dingers, right?
Buzcek works a 3-1 count, attempts a bunt and makes it close at first but is out. 2 down.

especially when one is a reserve from last year and the other is a freshman that is two for two with three rbis!

psycHOGlogist

B4 -
1st batter pops out to the pitcher's mound, Buczek takes it. 1 down.
2nd batter pops out foul to Diaz. 2 down.
3rd hitter K's, swinging. Nice heat from Haff!

flippinhogmana

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 17, 2018, 06:31:34 pm
Haff throws a rise fastball doesnt she?
Yes. And some of the GCU batters can't lay off it.

flippinhogmana

psycHOGlogist

February 17, 2018, 06:35:26 pm #38 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 06:48:26 pm by psycHOGlogist
T5 -
Forgot to mention that GCU changed pitchers after Bugarin's dinger.

Krzysko hits a nice line drive single out to RF - good looking hit.
Belans works a 3-0 count, takes a strike, then walks. Runners at 1/2, no outs.
Keely Edwards in to pinch run for Belans.
Cooper drives one through the middle to score Krzysko from 2b, runners at 1/2 still, no outs.
Diaz hits a seeing eye single right behind 2b, bases loaded, no outs.
Haizlip pinch runs for Diaz.
Green takes two balls, then the 3rd pitch is somehow called a strike. Green bounces one to third, 3b goes home to get the force. 1 out, bases loaded.
Malkin up, they're trying to work the outside part of the plate on her (duh). Count goes to 1-2, then she K's. 2 down.
Oh well, Linnie, you get a HR EVERY time.
Dotson is PR at first for Green.
Bugarin works a 3-1 count before hitting a soft grounder to 3b. 3 outs.

Should have gotten more out of that inning, imo. Batters needed to do what Krzysko did and take pitches the other way, not try to pull them.

Haff to face the bottom of the order.

psycHOGlogist

B5
1st batter sits down, swinging at strike 3. Haff's 6th K. Officially impressed.
GCU sends up a pinch hitter in the 8 hole. She hits a single past Belans. Maybe Belans could have stopped it, but even so, I don't think there was a play to be made. Runner on 1, 1 out.
Green looks pretty solid behind the plate, fwiw, though Haff hasn't put anything of note in the dirt.
Haff runs a 3-1 count on the 9 hitter, gets a swinging strike (on ball 4), then gets the K on a beautiful change up. Runner goes, and Green GUNS HER DOWN from her knees -- fantastic throw, beat the runner by a mile (before she even slid).

Due up for the Hogs, top of the order.

psycHOGlogist

T6 -
Buczek gets her 2nd extra base hit on a 1-1 pitch down the LF line. Runner on 2, 0 outs. Again - getting pitched outside and she goes the other way. Smart hitting.
McEwen flies out deep to CF on a 2-0 pitch, Buzcek takes 3rd. Nice contact from McEwen. Runner on 3, 1 out.
Krzysko hits a HARD ground ball but right to the SS, who holds Buczek and throws out Krzysko at 1st. Runner on 3, 2 out.
Belans works a 3-0 count, hits a hard foul, watches one right down the pipe, and then hits an easy grounder to 2b for the 3rd out.

Poor Buczek - gets to 3b twice and we can't bring her in.

Haff to face top of the GCU order.

psycHOGlogist

B6 -
1st batter grounds out to Haff.
Haff throws an easy grounder to her over Diaz's head, runner safe. E1. Runner on 1, 1 out.
Next hitter singles to LF, runners at 1/2, 1 out.
The FLO announcer is super annoying, btw -- he is obviously hoping GCU comes back.
Haff bounces one, Green can't keep it in front of her, runners advance. Runners now at 2/3, 1 out.
Did I jinx Green?
Jeez - they gave the GCU batter a single, but that should have been an error on our 2b. Easy play, imo, ball just went past her glove. GCU scores two.
Next batter chases or RF all the way to the fence, but it's caught for 2 outs. Runner on 1, 2 outs.
We get the third out on an FC - grounder right to Belans who gets the force at 2b.

5-2 Hogs.

Cooper, Diaz and Green up.

flippinhogmana

well it took until the sixth for the freshman jitters to show up
now we will see what Haff is made of!

Sow’sEar

Thanks for the link, I'm following it.  Is the second game available online?

psycHOGlogist

T7
Cooper flies out to CF.
Diaz hits a soft grounder to 3rd, 2 outs.
Green gets plunked on a 2-1 pitch, runner at 1, 2 outs. Her 2nd HBP of the game.
Malkin doesn't get anything to look at, walks on 4 pitches. Runners at 1/2, 2 outs.
Bugarin singles to LF, and Green beats the throw home - 6-2 Hogs. Malkin to 3b, Bugarin to 2b on the throw home. Runners at 2/3, 2 outs. GCU coach not happy about the call at home (it was close, but I thought she was safe).
Buzcek pops out to 3b to end the inning.
Good insurance run for the Hogs.

Haff to face 7-8-9 GCU bats.

flippinhogmana

February 17, 2018, 07:18:11 pm #45 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 07:45:40 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: Lulu Hog on February 17, 2018, 07:15:04 pm
Thanks for the link, I'm following it.  Is the second game available online?
yes at 8:30 appx. (eastern time zone) it will probably start about thirty minutes or so after this one ends.

flippinhogmana

they obviously werent going to give Linnie anything to hit.

You can only pinch run for a player one time without subbing for her right?

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 17, 2018, 07:15:13 pm
T7
Cooper flies out to CF.
Diaz hits a soft grounder to 3rd, 2 outs.
Green gets plunked on a 2-1 pitch, runner at 1, 2 outs. Her 2nd HBP of the game.
Malkin doesn't get anything to look at, walks on 4 pitches. Runners at 1/2, 2 outs.
Bugarin singles to LF, and Green beats the throw home - 6-2 Hogs. Malkin to 3b, Bugarin to 2b on the throw home. Runners at 2/3, 2 outs. GCU coach not happy about the call at home (it was close, but I thought she was safe).

way to get the big hit Heidi!

psycHOGlogist

psycHOGlogist

B7
First batter flies out to LF. Can of corn. 1 out.
Next batter puts down a good bunt, but Autumn charges it and makes a great throw, 2 outs.
For the final out, Haff snags a liner right back at her. Nice play.

HOGS WIN!