Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One more Chevin Calloway tidbit

Started by Tejano Jawg, February 01, 2017, 01:12:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

Our late signing of Chevin Calloway is a gigantic score, in a class that already has 2 super defensive backs.

Calloway played at Dallas' Bishop Dunne. In the same secondary with him the past couple years is Brian Williams. (Not the former NBC news anchor.) Brian is the younger brother of Rawleigh. When I first heard about Rawleigh, and his Arkansas commitment, people around Dallas were already talking about "his little brother." It wasn't until later I heard he was a DB (safety).

Williams' offer list looks just like Calloway's, which means EVERYONE. From the likes of our sister-wives Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss and LSU, to Big 10 schools, Texas, OU, and UCLA and USC. Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but Rhoads is on him. And with Calloway and big brother in his ear, my hopes are high.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hawginbigd1

I think the love that RW3 and his parents have for the UA and CBB, I am putting this one on the board already!

Bubba's Bruisers

Calloway is arguably the top recruit of the class.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

hawginbigd1

2019 we have the inside draw on the Nations top rated WR, and top rated DB.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2017, 01:25:01 pm
Hope we get #32.
Yep, him too. If we can get the both of them on board that would be nice.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Dropkick

Dumb question..................
Do you pronounce his name like CHEVrolet of like Steven?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Dropkick on February 01, 2017, 01:27:32 pm
Dumb question..................
Do you pronounce his name like CHEVrolet of like Steven?
Chevrolet

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Shocktheman

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on February 01, 2017, 01:12:02 pm
Our late signing of Chevin Calloway is a gigantic score, in a class that already has 2 super defensive backs.

Calloway played at Dallas' Bishop Dunne. In the same secondary with him the past couple years is Brian Williams. (Not the former NBC news anchor.) Brian is the younger brother of Rawleigh. When I first heard about Rawleigh, and his Arkansas commitment, people around Dallas were already talking about "his little brother." It wasn't until later I heard he was a DB (safety).

Williams' offer list looks just like Calloway's, which means EVERYONE. From the likes of our sister-wives Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss and LSU, to Big 10 schools, Texas, OU, and UCLA and USC. Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but Rhoads is on him. And with Calloway and big brother in his ear, my hopes are high.

Thanks!  Virtual +1

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 01, 2017, 01:26:52 pm
2019 we have the inside draw on the Nations top rated WR, and top rated DB.

And maybe the QB too?

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 01, 2017, 01:21:54 pm
http://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Dang, didn't know he was this high. The fact we're this close right now is a good thing. Hopefully, next season, watching his brother go crazy will ice the deal.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

AugustaHog

You have to like the ties that we have in 2019 for sure.  None of those guys are locks by any means, but we at least have 3 very elite players that have a connection to the state or school.  Gunnell is in TX and his brother going to TAMU may not make us the dream destination.  Having a family of alumni and a grandfather on the '64 team can't hurt though.  Brian Williams has the chance to be one of the highest recruits we have ever snagged.  His family seems very fond of CBB and the university.  I hope that continues.  Burks has to be a Hog fan being that he's from the state and he has grown up watching countless Warren guys do very well on the Hill.  Add Hayden Henry to that mix who has a chance to be a 4 * TE and we have the bones of one hell of a class.  Maybe Noland and Pool can go ahead and get on recruiting those guys. 

WriterWrong

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 01, 2017, 03:04:30 pm
Pretty good shot at 53, also.

If we could pull 3, 32 and 53 out of that class, that could be a monster signing class for us. Long ways to go between now and then, but we've got some reason to be hopeful.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli