Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

David Porter

Started by Hawghiggs, November 23, 2016, 08:26:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 29, 2017, 12:06:31 am
Don't let that dbag Ricepig bother you.  He gets info from all the pay boards and then pretends to be an insider on here.

Porkatarian out...

Dang. That was rough

I still appreciate you Rice

ricepig

Quote from: SemperFi on January 29, 2017, 07:35:56 am
Say it ain't so ricepig! My vision of you doing your best Carnac the Magnificient is now shot to pieces.

Who do you think tells the pay boards? Now where did I put that mayonnaise jar......Pork's the only insider, I've never claimed to be one, lol......

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 29, 2017, 12:06:31 am
Don't let that dbag Ricepig bother you.  He gets info from all the pay boards and then pretends to be an insider on here.

Porkatarian out...

From a mod. Wow.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2017, 07:41:56 am
Who do you think tells the pay boards? Now where did I put that mayonnaise jar......Pork's the only insider, I've never claimed to be one, lol......

Don't let it bother you! Keep posting there are lots of us that enjoy your takes

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 29, 2017, 08:09:25 am
Don't let it bother you! Keep posting there are lots of us that enjoy your takes

And you as well!

The_Boot_stops_here

Interesting post from a Mod. Heck, I don't even particularly like Rice (just as I know many don't like me, I know) but if a non mod had posted something like that, the ban hammer would be falling, at least temporarily......in addition, nearly all "inside info" on this board is brought from another. It's just the way it is. He isn't the only one.

tophawg19

i"m an Incider , been one fer yearz. Coach Bellyma contax me daily about recroots .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 29, 2017, 09:30:05 am
Interesting post from a Mod. Heck, I don't even particularly like Rice (just as I know many don't like me, I know) but if a non mod had posted something like that, the ban hammer would be falling, at least temporarily......in addition, nearly all "inside info" on this board is brought from another. It's just the way it is. He isn't the only one.

No, comments like that have been allowed.  I've made them upon many on here. There are more than one or two who read pay boards here that try to sprinkle the info here and there acting like they know something. You read enough on you pick up on who they are.

Disclaimer: I like rice pig, I think he admits where his info comes from too instead of acting like he has sources like some of the guys do.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 29, 2017, 09:30:05 am

I definitely aren't an insider on recruiting, in fact what little I post that isn't just my opinion, usually comes with, "heard elsewhere", "being reported elsewhere", etc....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2017, 09:56:39 am
I definitely aren't an insider on recruiting, in fact what little I post that isn't just my opinion, usually comes with, "heard elsewhere", "being reported elsewhere", etc....

I like and respect your posts. Maybe Porktarian was just kidding? But I can't speak for him, only for myself.
Go Hogs Go!

Fort Dweller

I've always viewed Ponderin and ricepig as inciters.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

ricepig

Quote from: Fort Dweller on January 29, 2017, 10:26:16 am
I've always viewed Ponderin and ricepig as inciters.

Ponderin resembles that remark!

parallaxpig

Enough of the back slappin and get back to spreading rumors please............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

tophawg19

Ponderin' reads the tea leaves . or is it the Mary J leaves ? anyway he's got some powerful leaves he gets his info from
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 29, 2017, 09:53:34 am
No, comments like that have been allowed.  I've made them upon many on here. There are more than one or two who read pay boards here that try to sprinkle the info here and there acting like they know something. You read enough on you pick up on who they are.

Disclaimer: I like rice pig, I think he admits where his info comes from too instead of acting like he has sources like some of the guys do.

Maybe i'm misinterpreting what your saying but I was referring to a Mod calling someone a deuchebag.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2017, 09:56:39 am

I won't argue with that...

hawginbigd1

Anyway about Porter......,.LOL

ricepig

HOGINTENNESSEE

CallThoseHawgs

He was on an official visit to the hill this weekend

ricepig

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on January 29, 2017, 11:40:12 am
He was on an official visit to the hill this weekend

Yep, he wanted it kept quiet until he got an offer, guess he did.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2017, 11:41:46 am
Yep, he wanted it kept quiet until he got an offer, guess he did.

Good news!  Let's get him and Calloway and call it a year.  Best class from top to bottom in a very long time

RaisinHog

I know Richard has always liked this kid a bunch and he sees alot more prospects than I do so I'm pumped

ricepig

JackJohnson

That kid is every bit 6-4 in that pic.  Love kids with that kind of frame at 17 years old.  Long tall pass rushers is what Defense has gone to in this day and age of spread offenses and Porter is going to be a monster off the edge

hawginbigd1

Well that escalated quickly LOL. See ya T- Roy!

The Hawg Marshal

hawginbigd1

A year or so ago I figured he and Jackson would be in- state priorities, took a while but it worked out in the end.

Just me or coach B losing a few pounds?

HardingHog

Glad Segrest could close the deal  ;)

But seriously, glad to have another solid DL commit added to replace James. Woo Pig!  :razorback:

BentonvilleJeff

Welcome to the Hogs! Glad to have this young man. Sounds like he's going to give us everything he has. Love it.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 29, 2017, 12:13:49 pm
A year or so ago I figured he and Jackson would be in- state priorities, took a while but it worked out in the end.

I think you're right Coach is losing some weight!

onebadrubi

That Gut has definitely gotten a little smaller

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

onebadrubi

ricepig

Just sucking it in, probably couldn't talk if he had to..........that, or white, everyone knows it makes you look slimmer, go look in your wife's closet.........

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2017, 12:41:20 pm
Just sucking it in, probably couldn't talk if he had to..........that, or white, everyone knows it makes you look slimmer, go look in your wife's closet.........
I thought the jacket might have something to do with it, but I think he has dropped some LOL!

Now for Porter, OLB or do we grow us another DE?

Waldron_Hog

Black is slimming, white is the opposite.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 29, 2017, 12:47:53 pm
I thought the jacket might have something to do with it, but I think he has dropped some LOL!

Now for Porter, OLB or do we grow us another DE?

As of now I'd guess that 4th DL that is standing up, use to be an OLB but really becoming more a pass rushing 4th DL in today's 3-4 scheme.

I like this offer because our depth is good for the next year or two, but we needed someone to project in 3 years from now that has been in the system.  We did NoT need a year without a DL or that would come back to really hurt us. 

ricepig

Hollywood870

SamBuckhart

Congratulations, Mr. Porter. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

rzrbk4life

Welcome Mr porter! WPS
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2017, 12:41:20 pm

Sails are white. 

Just sayin'
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 29, 2017, 12:55:13 pm
As of now I'd guess that 4th DL that is standing up, use to be an OLB but really becoming more a pass rushing 4th DL in today's 3-4 scheme.

I like this offer because our depth is good for the next year or two, but we needed someone to project in 3 years from now that has been in the system.  We did NoT need a year without a DL or that would come back to really hurt us. 

Good post. If still 17 (did I read that right, above?) then he has plenty of time to continue growing into a DE or be that walk-down OLB as you suggest.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

MuskogeeHogFan

January 29, 2017, 02:13:38 pm #95 Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:25:36 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: onebadrubi on January 29, 2017, 12:55:13 pm

If we go to 3-4 that DE is probably going to have his hand on the ground being (essentially) a more mobile DT. If RD is right and I have to believe he is, that Porter is a great Rush DE, he may more likely be developed as a walk-up OLB in the 3-4. Of course he has to be able to drop back and cover the pass at times as well and I have no idea about his quickness of feet or speed. Too light at this point (230) to play DE, though he could be developed and gain weight. But should he stay around this weight or trim down some, he could be a good, outside rushing OLB.

As for our depth, I'm not as confident as you are. We have 4 who might be NT's but only two with experience which might be o.k. in the absence of injuries, but at DE(hands down DT's in a 3-4) we have 4 and only 1 with any real playing experience.

To me that means that the LB's are really going to have to step it up this year and be the play-makers among the front 7.

We need immediate, impact kind of help at DE and it wouldn't hurt to have another at DT (which may or may not be on the way as we speak). Of course all of this could change if we have someone who didn't play a prominent role last year, step up out of nowhere. JMO 
Go Hogs Go!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 29, 2017, 02:13:38 pm
If we go to 3-4 that DE is probably going to have his hand on the ground being (essentially) a more mobile DT. If RD is right and I have to believe he is, that Porter is a great Rush DE, he may more likely be developed as a walk-up OLB in the 3-4. Of course he has to be able to drop back and cover the pass at times as well and I have no idea about his quickness of feet or speed. Too light at this point (230) to play DE, though he could be developed and gain weight. But should he stay around this weight or trim down some, he could be a good, outside rushing OLB.

As for our depth, I'm not as confident as you are. We have 4 who might be NT's but only two with experience which might be o.k. in the absence of injuries, but at DE(hands down DT's in a 3-4) we have 4 and only 1 with any real playing experience.

To me that means that the LB's are really going to have to step it up this year and be the play-makers among the front 7.

We need immediate, impact kind of help at DE and it wouldn't hurt to have another at DT (which may or may not be on the way as we speak). Of course all of this could change if we have someone who didn't play a prominent role last year, step up out of nowhere. JMO

Your first lengthy paragraph contradicted what I said then circled back to say the same thing basically.

The today's 3-4 is putting a rushing OLB standing up and then another OLB like you stated that can cover the pass. I'm seeing porter at this moment as the one that when he walks up he is coming, a quick thought but not comparison is a Tim Williams from bama. Just a pass rusher and not going back into coverage.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 29, 2017, 02:13:38 pm

To me that means that the LB's are really going to have to step

We need immediate, impact kind of help at DE 

I agree about impact players in the entire front 7... the new names would seem to be   Taylor, TJ Smith, Dean, Guidry and Marshall ..LB's LaFrance, Walker and Batiste

... the difference in our defense will be from many of these guys..

I know we heard a couple things about Guidry, maybe Marshall.. but thoughts on pre -scouting report on any of these guys?  Did any coaches rave about any of them in their limited roles?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 29, 2017, 02:34:39 pm
Your first lengthy paragraph contradicted what I said then circled back to say the same thing basically.

The today's 3-4 is putting a rushing OLB standing up and then another OLB like you stated that can cover the pass. I'm seeing porter at this moment as the one that when he walks up he is coming, a quick thought but not comparison is a Tim Williams from bama. Just a pass rusher and not going back into coverage.

Your post made reference to a "4th DL", not an OLB and then spoke of a pass rushing DE. I just went right to what it is, an OLB that can rush the passer, contain the run or drop into coverage. Sorry for the confusion if there was any.

At the OLB position we are going to need to be able to do all three, contain, rush the passer or drop back into coverage. If you make it personnel specific for each intention, you telegraph what you intend to do and OC's and sharp QB's who are prepared (especially in this day of the delayed "look and see" offenses, can read your intentions and check into a better play prior to the snap, that avoids your intent.
Go Hogs Go!