Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Treylon Burks

Started by Trey1981, August 03, 2016, 12:26:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

Quote from: Jim Harris on October 31, 2016, 05:53:35 pm
Tennessee doesn't even recruit many players out of Tennessee.

Georgia/Florida are still areas that need recruiting focus, but Arkansas needs to be getting something, anything out of spending all this time in the DFW Metroplex every season. There are enough players in that area who want to play in the SEC and don't want to go or can't go to A&M. Baylor dressed some mighty fine looking athletes the other day vs. Texas, it's no accident they were undefeated until Saturday with all the off-the-field problems they've endured. Ole Miss and Alabama are going into Texas successfully year after year for as many or more players than Arkansas has been getting.
If you can land a Patrick Willis from the western third of Tennessee, it's worth it but there are not the numbers to devote as much time there or anywhere in Tennessee as you would get in Louisana, Texas and picking off a handful in Florida and Georgia. You can also still find a Trey Flowers who goes unrecruited by Bama or Auburn in the state of Alabama, but you are not going to get a kid out of there if he has a choice of one or the other. Danny Ford, among any Arkansas coach since joining the SEC, did the best job of getting some northern Louisiana players along the I-20 corridor (and even a few good Mississippi ones), and it would be nice if Arkansas could reestablish that nearby territory, although Saban is unfortunately hitting that area hard too now. Saban doesn't seem to leave many leftovers. However, TCU and Louisiana Tech have gotten a few guys from there that could start for Arkansas and bring the added dimension of speed that is so sorely missing.
Jim I've been crying for home and home with TCU and Houston for some time to increase our presence in Houston. Maybe even Rice or SMU.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

AirWarren

If anyone is in the Warren area next Friday night, Razorback commit Koilan Jackson and Razorback target Treylon Burks will go head to head in the quarterfinals.

Warren vs Robinson in Warren.

Will be a fun game.

RyeHogFan

Quote from: AP85 on November 19, 2016, 03:38:07 pm
If anyone is in the Warren area next Friday night, Razorback commit Koilan Jackson and Razorback target Treylon Burks will go head to head in the quarterfinals.

Warren vs Robinson in Warren.

Will be a fun game.

I'm at the game. This is my first chance to watch Jackson and Nathan Page. Burks has been his normal dominating self., topped off with a long TD catch. Page has shown amazing shiftiness and Jackson is much faster than I realized. He had a TD run from the wildcat where he just busted through for an awesome run. These kids are all legit SEC talent.

AirWarren

Quote from: RyeHogFan on November 25, 2016, 07:59:51 pm
I'm at the game. This is my first chance to watch Jackson and Nathan Page. Burks has been his normal dominating self., topped off with a long TD catch. Page has shown amazing shiftiness and Jackson is much faster than I realized. He had a TD run from the wildcat where he just busted through for an awesome run. These kids are all legit SEC talent.

Jackson is as advertised. Fells and Page are both good.

Treylon made some tackles, including one on Jackson, where he threw him around like a rag doll.

Tremendous game with Warren coming out on top.

Nosboar Accubond

RyeHogFan

Quote from: AP85 on November 26, 2016, 06:32:28 pm
Jackson is as advertised. Fells and Page are both good.

Treylon made some tackles, including one on Jackson, where he threw him around like a rag doll.

Tremendous game with Warren coming out on top.

He basically suplexed him!

fullfan

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on November 26, 2016, 08:34:31 pm
Man hope we get Treylon

He should be at the UofA during the heyday of Cole Kelley.  Hopefully he will see the benefit of being the go-to receiver of the big armed QB and be a home state hero all rolled into one.

jj202020

Anybody got the video Burks suplexing Jackson?

LA Football fan

Monster game from Burks tonight.  8 catches - 204 yards and 4 tds, not to mention making plays all over the field on defense.  I am sure Stunna will have highlights on here later.  Come watch him play for a state championship next Friday night.

Bubba's Bruisers

Who's Page and is he an '18 grad?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

#1 STUNNA

Arkansas better buy real estate in warren... burks is a must get. He is the best receiver in the state right now as a sophomore...

tomahawkhog

Burkes is a must get. VERY impressive. He totally dominated Prairie Grove. Big, physical, and has great hands.
Go Hogs!

#1 STUNNA

All had 11 tackles last night

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 02, 2016, 10:09:53 pm
Arkansas better buy real estate in warren... burks is a must get. He is the best receiver in the state right now as a sophomore...

I'm sure there are a few others that should be considered, but he appears very good for a sophomore.

fullfan

No reason to doubt, just hoping this is no KJ Hill 2.0 

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: ricepig on December 03, 2016, 08:39:43 am
I'm sure there are a few others that should be considered, but he appears very good for a sophomore.

This isn't your typical sophomore... he has the size of sec receivers right now... I've never seen anyone dominate the game so effortlessly. He is a game changer even when not getting balls thrown his way. Last night they literally had a corner 5 yards off of him and a safety lined up 12 yards off of him.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: fullfan on December 03, 2016, 09:13:17 am
No reason to doubt, just hoping this is no KJ Hill 2.0

He will be better than Hill and rated higher

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on December 03, 2016, 08:39:43 am

No, not even close right now. I promise you there isn't a sophomore in the state right now better than him. If there is, please point them out to me.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on December 03, 2016, 11:46:03 am
No, not even close right now. I promise you there isn't a sophomore in the state right now better than him. If there is, please point them out to me.

Read again, I said there were a few others that could be considered for best WR in the state, then I pointed out that he was very good for a sophomore. Get the lumber out of your eyes.

#1 STUNNA

Obviously us in warren have seen some of the best receivers this state has produced... and as a sophomore he might be better than them all at the receiver position.

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 03, 2016, 01:14:49 pm
Obviously us in warren have seen some of the best receivers this state has produced... and as a sophomore he might be better than them all at the receiver position.

He lives up in Jonesboro. Unaware of true talent.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on December 03, 2016, 12:00:06 pm
Read again, I said there were a few others that could be considered for best WR in the state, then I pointed out that he was very good for a sophomore. Get the lumber out of your eyes.

Like who?

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on December 03, 2016, 01:21:43 pm
Like who?

I don't know, I haven't seen every WR in the state, have you? It's just a little hard to say he's the best WR in the state, regardless of the class.

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 03, 2016, 01:14:49 pm

Might, correct?

#1 STUNNA

His national rank speaks for itself. He has it all. Something that maybe only one other receiver in the state has. And that's Jackson from Robinson. Their is a reason he is the only freshman instate that bielema has ever offered. The best thing about is is that he will only get better. He's got something a lot of these other receivers don't have.

GO

Andrew Hogfan

That kid is a beast.  Sure hope he calls the hogs.  Maybe him and Connor and the safety will be the homegrown instate class coach B needs to get over the hump.
WPS!!!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: GO on December 05, 2016, 07:30:35 am
That poor little #2 just got abused all night by Treylon. Looks like a big kid for a sophomore.

That kid Ian supposedly the best corner in 4A... All state... Treylon is just on a different level than majority of the state.. he's not your typica sophomore mentally of physically.

hillbilly

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 05, 2016, 10:04:30 am
That kid Ian supposedly the best corner in 4A... All state... Treylon is just on a different level than majority of the state.. he's not your typica sophomore mentally of physically.
I agree. #2 for PG has played very well for them this year. Burks is on another level. He is one of the best WR's that I have seen play, regardless of class. And I watch a lot of Arkansas HS football.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 05, 2016, 10:04:30 am

He's just so big.  #2 had pretty good coverage on a lot of those.  He just couldn't get around him.  that's crazy for a 10th grader. 

woodhog14

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 03, 2016, 03:48:02 pm
His national rank speaks for itself. He has it all. Something that maybe only one other receiver in the state has. And that's Jackson from Robinson. Their is a reason he is the only freshman instate that bielema has ever offered. The best thing about is is that he will only get better. He's got something a lot of these other receivers don't have.

Has Treylon grown up a Razorback fan? Do you think he wants to be a Hog, or is it too early to tell. He looks like a beast in his videos. Would look great in a Hog uniform.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: woodhog14 on December 05, 2016, 02:18:38 pm
Has Treylon grown up a Razorback fan? Do you think he wants to be a Hog, or is it too early to tell. He looks like a beast in his videos. Would look great in a Hog uniform.

I have heard that he is a Hog fan. And he also has a lot of hog influences back home.

#1 STUNNA

4A state champs!!! Warren will have the best receiving core in Arkansas for the next 2 years without a doubt. They were all sophomores and juniors this year.

FATHAWG08

I love off season Football!!

#1 STUNNA

Hopefully kamontra McKnight can hit a growth spurt

#1 STUNNA

#1 STUNNA

Ended the season with 57 catches for 1354 yards and 17 tds.

colbs

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 15, 2016, 11:54:08 am
Ended the season with 57 catches for 1354 yards and 17 tds.
Very impressive especially considering he is only a sophomore.  He has a very bright future, I hope it is with the Hogs.

LA Football fan

He probably gets more touches but because he was used so much on defense, I am sure Coach Hembree called fewer designed plays for him to keep from wearing down too much during games.  There were several games late in the year where he was still having issues from cramping due to playing so many plays both ways.  I believe you would have seen more deep balls thrown to him if not for him having to play lb on defense.  He has the ability to have a 2000 yard season as a receiver and we may see that happen before he graduates.

Slimac4

Hopefully Martin shows out for us the next few years and Burk steps in right after.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: LA Football fan on December 15, 2016, 02:48:45 pm
He probably gets more touches but because he was used so much on defense, I am sure Coach Hembree called fewer designed plays for him to keep from wearing down too much during games.  There were several games late in the year where he was still having issues from cramping due to playing so many plays both ways.  I believe you would have seen more deep balls thrown to him if not for him having to play lb on defense.  He has the ability to have a 2000 yard season as a receiver and we may see that happen before he graduates.

He difinitely makes playing football look effortless... the only other warren receiver I can that about is Bret Smith.

#1 STUNNA

#1 STUNNA

Was offered by Auburn today