Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Stan leave after the season?

Started by twistitup, February 28, 2006, 09:18:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwarazfan

Quote from: dubyacee on February 28, 2006, 11:13:26 am
I guess I am just behind on the rumormongering, but what is the deal with stan's wife when some people were in the crowd chanting ronnies better?  I am lost on that one, and I thought I kept up with things on the hill pretty well.  That does it, I'm moving to fayetteville to keep up with the rumors better. 

A few here claimed to have seen it first hand.  What I remember from their accounts was that our fans were chanting "Ronnie's better" to Corey Brewer of Florida.  Ramona said to the fans around her that wasn't right to chant one player is better over the others.  She got into it with a few fans around her.  The fans were reported to have been calm yet firm with her in their responses.  This isn't the first incident with her from these eyewitnesses.  The anti-Stan crowd has taken this as hope she is unhappy and wants out.

RealSmartGuy

my criticisms of Stan are valid, we had enough talent to win last year, period.  Do you forget his team QUIT on him.

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on February 28, 2006, 11:20:40 am
my criticisms of Stan are valid, we had enough talent to win last year, period.  Do you forget his team QUIT on him.

OK, that I WILL grant you. I was as upset as anybody with that debacle last year. Like most fans, I just want to see ALL the programs flourish and if you're going to BLAME Stan for everything that's gone wrong the last 4 years then you ought to AT LEAST give him SOME credit for their recent success. Personally, I think that SH's and DVH's situations are totally apples and oranges. Not at all fair to compare the two.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 28, 2006, 11:05:08 am
Quote from: RealSmartGuy on February 28, 2006, 11:02:32 am
LOL, Stan had 2 years before he signed Dontell, 2 years to figure Dontell out.  Van Horn didn't go sign a bunch of kids from other schools when he came in.  Continue to hug Stan, he needs it.  Hug is wife too!! 

No, but he could make room for other kids to come in each year. 

No Stan fan will tell you that he has not made mistakes in his recruitment of guards.  But in 4 years and 3 real recruiting classes, he had to refill every position on the team and try to add depth at those positions.  That is why we are 19-8 and not 22-5 or 23-4 right now. 

Come on nwaraz fan.  He had the talent this year to be a top 15 team and has not yet(and I stress yet) gotten them to play to their potential.  That is coaching, getting the most out of the talent you have on campus.  Our team is not very different from last year and we PLAIN SUCKED last year.  And this year up until a WHOLE week ago were bound for the same results.  Yes I do praise SH for the past week, in that week he showed some good coaching, but to claim him as the second coming is silly.  ONE GOOD WEEK does not equal A GREAT COACH.  I wish him the best and I truly hope he continues to improve our team.  If he makes a big splash in the tourney this year then, and ONLY then can we start talking about the "turnaround" that has been made.  One week proves very little.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Lokirain

Stan is doing well, thank god some of these haters on the board aren't responsible for the front office, or we'd be complete crap. Stan and Company are going to the dance, root for the Hogs or make room for a real Razorback fan to do so.

nwarazfan

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 28, 2006, 11:29:02 am
LOL, Stan had 2 years before he signed Dontell, 2 years to figure Dontell out.  Van Horn didn't go sign a bunch of kids from other schools when he came in.  Continue to hug Stan, he needs it.  Hug is wife too!! 

No Stan fan will tell you that he has not made mistakes in his recruitment of guards.  But in 4 years and 3 real recruiting classes, he had to refill every position on the team and try to add depth at those positions.  That is why we are 19-8 and not 22-5 or 23-4 right now. 

Come on nwaraz fan.  He had the talent this year to be a top 15 team and has not yet(and I stress yet) gotten them to play to their potential.  That is coaching, getting the most out of the talent you have on campus.  Our team is not very different from last year and we PLAIN SUCKED last year.  And this year up until a WHOLE week ago were bound for the same results.  Yes I do praise SH for the past week, in that week he showed some good coaching, but to claim him as the second coming is silly.  ONE GOOD WEEK does not equal A GREAT COACH.  I wish him the best and I truly hope he continues to improve our team.  If he makes a big splash in the tourney this year then, and ONLY then can we start talking about the "turnaround" that has been made.  One week proves very little.

So you say that our team isn't much different from last year which I'm assuming you mean personnel wise.  That means that at this point they have improved over last year.  Coaching had some to do with that.

And who has made him out to be the second coming?  Your statement there is silly.  Its just an emotional exaggeration by you to try and prove your point.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Lokirain on February 28, 2006, 11:30:30 am
Stan is doing well, thank god some of these haters on the board aren't responsible for the front office, or we'd be complete crap. Stan and Company are going to the dance, root for the Hogs or make room for a real Razorback fan to do so.

Hey benchwarmer,

Please, please never doubt my UNDYING love of the Razorbacks.  You make yourself sound ignorant trying to say that because I don't believe that SH is the second coming of Coach k at duke, then I must not be a "real" hog fan.  F U.  I am more of a fan than most people.  I have been to every freaking home bball game since BWA opened in 94 when I was 13(many many many more before that)  Since I was 6 years old I have been to every Fayetteville fball game and most LR games.  I have attended many baseball games.  DONT EVER TRY AND SAY that I am NOT a Hog fan. 
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

nwarazfan

You might want to leave the bitterness behind of '3-27' and 'the team quit in 05'.  You are going to look real silly in the coming years.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 28, 2006, 11:33:14 am

So you say that our team isn't much different from last year which I'm assuming you mean personnel wise.  That means that at this point they have improved over last year.  Coaching had some to do with that.

And who has made him out to be the second coming?  Your statement there is silly.  Its just an emotional exaggeration by you to try and prove your point.

You have been bashing DVH and Praising on SH.  DVH has done a badass job with the baseball team and SH has struggled(at best) with the bball team.  I am just trying to say that winning this past week was great, but does not mean that this team or coach has "ARRIVED".  That being said, I hope we win out and win the NC and SH becomes the second coming.  All I am saying is that he hasn't done it YET.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 28, 2006, 11:35:38 am

You might want to leave the bitterness behind of '3-27' and 'the team quit in 05'.  You are going to look real silly in the coming years.

Not really all that silly,  Everyone who knows sports knows that 3-27 SUCKS.  You keep telling us to leave it behind.  Now that we are 4-27 I guess we can leave it behind.  I sure hope he keeps winning and makes that record a distant memory.  But we won't look silly for hating on a SHITTTY record.  That is what "fans who want to win" do, we don't accept crappy results.

nwarazfan

February 28, 2006, 11:40:31 am #60 Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:42:13 am by nwarazfan
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 28, 2006, 11:37:38 am
Quote from: nwarazfan on February 28, 2006, 11:33:14 am

You have been bashing DVH and Praising on SH.  DVH has done a badass job with the baseball team and SH has struggled(at best) with the bball team.  I am just trying to say that winning this past week was great, but does not mean that this team or coach has "ARRIVED".  That being said, I hope we win out and win the NC and SH becomes the second coming.  All I am saying is that he hasn't done it YET.

Another silly exaggeration by you.  Where did I bash Dave?  For the few on here like you, I even made a separate post to praise DVH.  Where was it stated that because of the past week, Stan has "arrived"? Do you just struggle with reading comprehension?

NATEHOGG216

Actually yes I do.  I only got a 29 on the ACT b/c I sucked at the Reading Comp part.  Luckily I am damn good at math.   4-27  12.9 road winning percentage

hogsrock

Quote from: twistitup on February 28, 2006, 09:37:05 am
Why build a program if you and your family are not happy? I know things are all good now, but w/ with the recent HARSH statements by fans (including myself) he might decide to hit the road and find a more positive atmosphere.

I have a feeling his wife will have alot of input on his decision to stay.

So exactly when did he read your comments?
"It's easy to fix mistakes if the exposed flaws are unusual.  But when these flaws are fundamental weaknesses that haven't been corrected for years the idea that a problem may be too serious to correct is sobering."  Bacon

Lokirain

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 28, 2006, 11:34:58 am
Quote from: Lokirain on February 28, 2006, 11:30:30 am

Hey benchwarmer,

Please, please never doubt my UNDYING love of the Razorbacks.  You make yourself sound ignorant trying to say that because I don't believe that SH is the second coming of Coach k at duke, then I must not be a "real" hog fan.  F U.  I am more of a fan than most people.  I have been to every freaking home bball game since BWA opened in 94 when I was 13(many many many more before that)  Since I was 6 years old I have been to every Fayetteville fball game and most LR games.  I have attended many baseball games.  DONT EVER TRY AND SAY that I am NOT a Hog fan. 

I posted this before I even read your reply, guilty conscience? I am no card carrying member of the Stan Heath fan club either, nor was I calling your loyalty to the Hogs in question. It's just pick and choose your battles (EVERYONE) this week is not the week to complain and moan about what Stan did in the past. We are going to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in half of a decade.
Stan may have gotten this team back to the NCAA Tournament, but I feel criticism is justified, just not this sheer hate that people have for him. He sucked for a long time, and I too was calling for his head IF HE DIDN"T MAKE IT TO THE DANCE, well he did it. The Hogs did it. The fans did it. Walton isn't Barnhill yet, but it's getting there.

nwarazfan

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 28, 2006, 11:42:46 am
Actually yes I do.  I only got a 29 on the ACT b/c I sucked at the Reading Comp part.  Luckily I am damn good at math.   4-27  12.9 road winning percentage

When you can't say anything else, just go back to '4-27', right?  Do you have another lie about what I've said here?  How about stating that I said John McDonell can't coach?  You like to pull out quotes from posts and try and twist them.  That's an easy one for you.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 28, 2006, 11:47:39 am
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 28, 2006, 11:42:46 am
Actually yes I do.  I only got a 29 on the ACT b/c I sucked at the Reading Comp part.  Luckily I am damn good at math.   4-27  12.9 road winning percentage

When you can't say anything else, just go back to '4-27', right?  Do you have another lie about what I've said here?  How about stating that I said John McDonell can't coach?  You like to pull out quotes from posts and try and twist them.  That's an easy one for you.

So you are saying Johnny mac can't coach?  Thats just stupid.  Just kidding.  Look I don't have anything against SH, I do wish him well.  Hell I hope He kicks ass and we never lose another game EVER.  I just have been reading a lot of posts(maybe not YOUR posts, but a lot of them) claiming that everyone who said SH sucked is stupid.  No we aren't stupid, up until a week ago his coaching record did suck.  Yes this past week has been great for the program and if he keeps it up and we do well then I will join in the fun and start praising his coaching abilities.

PiggoBitttys

So, nwarazfan, what is your point in all of this? First you say, you're not saying Stan is a great coach. Then you say you're not saying we have turned the corner. Are you just trying to get people to not be negative?

I think people aren't necessarily being negative, but when we've had nothing/very little to cheer about for 3 1/2 years with Stan coaching, I think a lot of people are still going with the wait and see attitude with our 3 game winning streak. I can forget Stan's start of his career if he'll turn it around now, but he's not there yet. We can't throw out the past just because of 3 good games. On the other hand, Stan is starting a turn around, and we should be hopeful that he can continue it. No need to bash him now, but also no need to give him a 10 year extension either.

nwarazfan

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on February 28, 2006, 12:03:45 pm
So, nwarazfan, what is your point in all of this? First you say, you're not saying Stan is a great coach. Then you say you're not saying we have turned the corner. Are you just trying to get people to not be negative?

I think people aren't necessarily being negative, but when we've had nothing/very little to cheer about for 3 1/2 years with Stan coaching, I think a lot of people are still going with the wait and see attitude with our 3 game winning streak. I can forget Stan's start of his career if he'll turn it around now, but he's not there yet. We can't throw out the past just because of 3 good games. On the other hand, Stan is starting a turn around, and we should be hopeful that he can continue it. No need to bash him now, but also no need to give him a 10 year extension either.

I don't say give him any more than the standard one year rollover for stability purposes in recruiting. 10 years? That sounds like a nate exaggeration. 

We are turning the corner and have been before the 3 game winning streak and will still be through this season.  Its just been a slow process and our program still has things it will go through before we get back.  I've just been asking for patience and a little acknowledgement and recognition that the program is still heading "upwards".  The problem here is thinking that I have just jumped on the bandwagon due to 3 games.  No, the haters have just had to pay attn because of the 3 games.

And people have been negative to the point of saying its ok to say "whatever" they want about players and coaches because its their right as fans.  Don't try and downplay the negativity of our cliche driven, I-hate-Big-10-basketball, Dontell sucks, play McCurdy, Hill is a waste, Brewer is overrated fans.

Kilgor

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on February 28, 2006, 09:58:46 am
Look a coach has to learn that fans are going to be fans, fans gripe everywhere, stop sugarcoating stuff, he was 3-27 in the SEC in Road Games, we were struggling, people are going to say stuff, people may not even know who romona is, we beat a good team on the road and all of a sudden its peaches and cream, My brother is a coach and his wife doesn't stand up and correct fans when we go 3 and out and they yell something stupid, its part of the territory, you buy tickets, you can say whatever you want.  From her last blowup, she blew up when people were chanting ronnie's better, to me, that sounds like she has a problem

The "Ronnie's better" chant occurred 10 seconds after the Townes-Brewer shoving confrontation.  I believe that she thought the students were taking Brewer's side over Townes'.  This is further backed up by her statements that we shouldn't single out a player, but root for them all.

It was a misunderstanding on her part, I believe.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

WhenPigsFly

In Norm's last season he was one game away from the College World Series.  No way the baseball program was in the same shape the basketball program was when Van Horn and Heath took over.

nwarazfan

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on February 28, 2006, 12:18:40 pm
In Norm's last season he was one game away from the College World Series.  No way the baseball program was in the same shape the basketball program was when Van Horn and Heath took over.

RealSmart knows this(at least he should).  He is just starting to get desperate.

PiggoBitttys

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 28, 2006, 12:16:45 pm
I don't say give him any more than the standard one year rollover for stability purposes in recruiting. 10 years? That sounds like a nate exaggeration. 

We are turning the corner and have been before the 3 game winning streak and will still be through this season.  Its just been a slow process and our program still has things it will go through before we get back.  I've just been asking for patience and a little acknowledgement and recognition that the program is still heading "upwards".  The problem here is thinking that I have just jumped on the bandwagon due to 3 games.  No, the haters have just had to pay attn because of the 3 games.

And people have been negative to the point of saying its ok to say "whatever" they want about players and coaches because its their right as fans.  Don't try and downplay the negativity of our cliche driven, I-hate-Big-10-basketball, Dontell sucks, play McCurdy, Hill is a waste, Brewer is overrated fans.

Well, like I said, 3 1/2 years of losing or being mediocre will instill a lot of negativity in people when it comes to Heath, and our players. They're not going to forget the losing right away after 3 games.

Personally, if people want to knock players or coaches on a message board, I could care less. Most of the time, they will never even see the messages. I do think it's the nature of the beast. If you want to stop all fans from venting on message boards, good luck. Let me know when you start working on the cure for cancer too. It happens on all school's message boards, not just this one.

The bottom line, if Stan would win more, he would get a lot less negativity. He is starting to do that, and I'm excited. If he can continue to do that, I will do nothing but give him credit.

Lokirain

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on February 28, 2006, 12:22:20 pm

Well, like I said, 3 1/2 years of losing or being mediocre will instill a lot of negativity in people when it comes to Heath, and our players. They're not going to forget the losing right away after 3 games.

Personally, if people want to knock players or coaches on a message board, I could care less. Most of the time, they will never even see the messages. I do think it's the nature of the beast. If you want to stop all fans from venting on message boards, good luck. Let me know when you start working on the cure for cancer too. It happens on all school's message boards, not just this one.

The bottom line, if Stan would win more, he would get a lot less negativity. He is starting to do that, and I'm excited. If he can continue to do that, I will do nothing but give him credit.

Very true, Freedom of Speech should not be stiffled on the message board, and Stan still has something to prove, but I personally feel the times they are a changin' in Fayetteville. But we'll see, we still have some more basketball to be played this year.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on February 28, 2006, 12:03:45 pm

Just so you know, I do HATE slow ass big 10 bball, Dontell has struggled(being VERY nice) when in a pressure situation, I do want to get Sean more PT, I don't think HIll is a waste(GREAT D), And I have always, ALWAYS stuck up for Brewer.  Thanks.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Lokirain on February 28, 2006, 12:45:40 pm
Quote from: PiggoBitttys on February 28, 2006, 12:22:20 pm

Very true, Freedom of Speech should not be stiffled on the message board, and Stan still has something to prove, but I personally feel the times they are a changin' in Fayetteville. But we'll see, we still have some more basketball to be played this year.

We aren't talking about what anonymous fans post on a message board.  We are talking about what is said in public and especially in the arena.  Early in the thread it was stated that fans can say "whatever" they want and people around just have to deal with it no matter if they are a family member or whatever of the coach or player that is having "whatever" said about them.  Sure its our right to speak freely, but does that always make what we say "right"?

Richard_white

I'm not sure if I want to touch this subject because of all the brilliance of opinions on Stan Heath and his so called "turnaround" but I do want to ask a question, If you can not use 3-27 road record, no wins in the sec tournament and no NCAA tournament appearances in 4 years of coaching than why can you use 3 straight wins would be called a turnround.  Like I said last night, I am getting of his back so I can watch good Razorback basketball but please explain me why is his losses, his road record and and appearances in the tournament irrelevant?

WPS

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on February 28, 2006, 01:14:37 pm
I'm not sure if I want to touch this subject because of all the brilliance of opinions on Stan Heath and his so called "turnaround" but I do want to ask a question, If you can not use 3-27 road record, no wins in the sec tournament and no NCAA tournament appearances in 4 years of coaching than why can you use 3 straight wins would be called a turnround.  Like I said last night, I am getting of his back so I can watch good Razorback basketball but please explain me why is his losses, his road record and and appearances in the tournament irrelevant?

WPS

Well Mainly because it discredits all of the huggers.

nwarazfan

WPS

Who said they were irrevelant?  They are not.  And it has not been a 3 game turnaround.  Its been an over 3 1/2 year turnaround.  The program is heading in the right direction. 

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 28, 2006, 01:38:25 pm

WPS

Who said they were irrevelant?  They are not.  And it has not been a 3 game turnaround.  Its been an over 3 1/2 year turnaround.  The program is heading in the right direction. 

I really, truly hope so.  If so then WPS give him an extension, if not then WPS lets get another coach

Richard_white

WPS

That is exactly my point.  In 3 1/2 years of inconsistent playing and not achieving a damn thing (except denying a NIT appearance) why is a 3 straight game going in the right direction?

nwarazfan

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on February 28, 2006, 01:43:31 pm

WPS

That is exactly my point.  In 3 1/2 years of inconsistent playing and not achieving a damn thing (except denying a NIT appearance) why is a 3 straight game going in the right direction?

I don't know how to paint the big picture for you if you can't see it or refuse to look for it.  Are you really telling me that you don't think our program is getting better by the season, month, week, game? 

Go ahead and keep reapeating as we go along in the next few seasons 4-27, ...6-28, ...10-30,...14-32,...18-35...  18-35 doesn't sound like a good road record when you don't put it into perspective.  I doubt few will care though about your posts because by that point they'll be happy that we are back amongst the Top 25 playing for a high seed and will have realized how silly they were during the rebuilding time.  Again, how quickly our fan base has forgotten 1985-87 and how wrong so many were.

Hogeye_Pierce

WPS

Maybe because that streak also includes a ROAD win over a top 10 opponent (something we haven't done since winning the NC in '94) a/w/a another home win over a (then) top 10 opponent. Most of us would LIKE to be optimistic about the future of the b-ball program and this has provided the first tangible evidence of that since the great Nolan meltdown of 2002.

Yes, there is still plenty of basketball to be played and things could very well go south again in a hurry. Most of us, though, would prefer to believe that this last 3-game streak is an indicator of things to come.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 28, 2006, 01:53:36 pm

WPS

I don't know how to paint the big picture for you if you can't see it or refuse to look for it.  Are you really telling me that you don't think our program is getting better by the season, month, week, game? 

Go ahead and keep reapeating as we go along in the next few seasons 4-27, ...6-28, ...10-30,...14-32,...18-35...  18-35 doesn't sound like a good road record when you don't put it into perspective.  I doubt few will care though about your posts because by that point they'll be happy that we are back amongst the Top 25 playing for a high seed and will have realized how silly they were during the rebuilding time.  Again, how quickly our fan base has forgotten 1985-87 and how wrong so many were.

Ok would you rather us talk about 2 and 6 on the road.  Not that great.  Not near as horrible though if you put it that way.  In order for us to get to 14 and 32 like you mention we are heading, we would have to go 10 and 5 in the next 15 road games.  We do that, and I will be on the bandwagon with you. 

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on February 28, 2006, 01:54:27 pm

WPS

Maybe because that streak also includes a ROAD win over a top 10 opponent (something we haven't done since winning the NC in '94) a/w/a another home win over a (then) top 10 opponent. Most of us would LIKE to be optimistic about the future of the b-ball program and this has provided the first tangible evidence of that since the great Nolan meltdown of 2002.

Yes, there is still plenty of basketball to be played and things could very well go south again in a hurry. Most of us, though, would prefer to believe that this last 3-game streak is an indicator of things to come.

Now in all fairness, how many top ten teams have we played on the road since then

Lokirain

Every season is an entity to itself, stop living in the past people. Stan took over with the cupboard bear. He's brought the program back to the NCAA Tournament. We sucked for a few years, but we sucked before that when Stan wasn't the coach too. Give the guy a break. We are winning and you still want to hate, why?

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Lokirain on February 28, 2006, 02:01:58 pm
Every season is an entity to itself, stop living in the past people. Stan took over with the cupboard bear. He's brought the program back to the NCAA Tournament. We sucked for a few years, but we sucked before that when Stan wasn't the coach too. Give the guy a break. We are winning and you still want to hate, why?

I do not want to hate, I just don't want to man crush.  I have said it before, and will say it again now, WHEN SH proves he is the right man for the job I will have a man crush with you too

nwarazfan

February 28, 2006, 02:12:06 pm #86 Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 02:16:44 pm by nwarazfan
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 28, 2006, 01:58:51 pm

WPS

Ok would you rather us talk about 2 and 6 on the road.  Not that great.  Not near as horrible though if you put it that way.  In order for us to get to 14 and 32 like you mention we are heading, we would have to go 10 and 5 in the next 15 road games.  We do that, and I will be on the bandwagon with you. 

You are about to see the road record start to turn in the coming seasons.  Considering our home court, we will be just fine if we can go 4-4, 5-3 most season on the road.  My point is will we hear after each road loss that "we are now 8 and 30 on the road" after a road loss from the haters as we are sitting there at 11-4 or 10-5 in the SEC and 22-6 overall? And the next season, "we are 12-31 on the road now" when we are ranked in the Top 20? 

This program had to go through a rebuilding process.  Learning to win on the road is one of the toughest parts of it as is winning in postseason which will also have its bumps.

As far as Sat. at UGa, I'm not too confident for a few reasons mainly Felton's great halfcourt defense he coaches and this year's team's inability to score so often due to the lack of consistant shooting. 

Lokirain

February 28, 2006, 02:13:06 pm #87 Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 02:14:55 pm by Lokirain
I definitely am not geigh for Stan, far from it, but I am truly excited to be back after struggling for soooo long. Part of that struggle has been Stan's fault. But Broyles didn't go out and get a veteran coach, he got a young guy that was learning his way and just came off a great season with Kent State. Stan has not proved anything yet, but we have changed courses and I think we are now moving in the right direction. I can site just as much bad coaching as anyone else on the board, but I want to be positive. I really don't see why anyone would try to dampen everyone's spirits with their negativity when we are doing so well now.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Lokirain on February 28, 2006, 02:13:06 pm
I definitely am not geigh for Stan, far from it, but I am truly excited to be back after struggling for soooo long. Part of that struggle has been Stan's fault. But Broyles didn't go out and get a veteran coach, he got a young guy that was learning his way and just came off a great season with Kent State. Stan has not proved anything yet, but we have changed courses and I think we are now moving in the right direction. I can site just as much bad coaching as anyone else on the board, but I want to be positive. I really don't see why anyone would try to dampen my spirits with their negativity when we are doing so well now.

Because they have been wrong about SH and the program and they are getting desperate to save face.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 28, 2006, 02:12:06 pm
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 28, 2006, 01:58:51 pm

WPS

You are about to see the road record start to turn in the coming seasons.  Considering our home court, we will be just fine if we can go 4-4, 5-3 most season on the road.  My point is will we hear after each road loss that "we are now 8 and 30 on the road after a road loss" from the haters as we are sitting there at 11-4 or 10-5 in the SEC and 22-6 overall? And the next season, "we are 12-31 on the road now" when we are ranked in the Top 20? 

This program had to go through a rebuilding process.  Learning to win on the road is one of the toughest parts of it as is winning in postseason which will also have its bumps.

As far as Sat. at UGa, I'm not too confident for a few reasons mainly Felton's great halfcourt defense he coaches and this year's team's inability to score so often due to the lack of consistant shooting. 

No I promise you if we are 22 and 6 and 10 and 5 in the SEC and in the top 20 I won't bitch too much, UNLESS we have more talent and depth than all of the teams we lost to and we lost due to a lack of effort/passion/fire.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 28, 2006, 02:15:57 pm
I definitely am not geigh for Stan, far from it, but I am truly excited to be back after struggling for soooo long. Part of that struggle has been Stan's fault. But Broyles didn't go out and get a veteran coach, he got a young guy that was learning his way and just came off a great season with Kent State. Stan has not proved anything yet, but we have changed courses and I think we are now moving in the right direction. I can site just as much bad coaching as anyone else on the board, but I want to be positive. I really don't see why anyone would try to dampen my spirits with their negativity when we are doing so well now.

Because they have been wrong about SH and the program and they are getting desperate to save face.

I don't want to save face.  I would be at LEAST as happy as anybody if we won out and won the NC.  I am a HOG FAN, first and foremost, I am just not ready to say he has turned it around, I am sorry if that offends you.  Don't get me wrong I am not AS ready for us to fire him either.  I am just going to take a wait and see type of attitude.

nwarazfan

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 28, 2006, 02:18:38 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on February 28, 2006, 02:15:57 pm

I don't want to save face.  I would be at LEAST as happy as anybody if we won out and won the NC.  I am a HOG FAN, first and foremost, I am just not ready to say he has turned it around, I am sorry if that offends you.  Don't get me wrong I am not AS ready for us to fire him either.  I am just going to take a wait and see type of attitude.

Offend me?  No.  We agree on that.  I'm just a little more confident that he is turning us in the right direction than you at this point.

Lokirain

If firing Stan Heath is the best thing for the Razorbacks then I am all for it. (I don't think it is, but then again, I am not the athletic director). I just want my **** basketball team to be good. I hate having to defend a bad team all the time. And I sure as hell ain't jumping ships. Arkansas is it for me.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Lokirain on February 28, 2006, 02:26:26 pm
If firing Stan Heath is the best thing for the Razorbacks then I am all for it. (I don't think it is, but then again, I am not the athletic director). I just want my **** basketball team to be good. I hate having to defend a bad team all the time. And I sure as hell ain't jumping ships. Arkansas is it for me.

Don't worry, or get excited, I am not jumping ships either.  I am just sick of telling people wait till next year.

HoopS

We have not gotten flat out whipped all season.  We WILL have 20 wins or more and be part of the dance.

If you would have given me those guarantees before the season I would have turned flips for ya.  Like it or not, we are moving forward and are 16 points from being undefeated in conference and we have a win over a top 10 team on the road.  Not to mention we are gelling late, which is good.

Things could be worse. 

blueshog2001

The question is not whether Stan stays, but if Hipsher stays?  With the way the offense is improving, he might get a headcoaching job somewhere. Stan has needed to learn on the job.  Hipsher has helped speed up the process.IMO

nwarazfan

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 28, 2006, 02:28:26 pm
Quote from: Lokirain on February 28, 2006, 02:26:26 pm

Don't worry, or get excited, I am not jumping ships either.  I am just sick of telling people wait till next year.

That is what happens in a rebuilding process when improvement is occurring.

tulsahog36

The only opening that would be a step up from Arkansas would be Indiana, and I haven't heard anyone anywhere say Stan Heath is in the mix for that gig.   If he left, it would be for less money at a lower level school, no way he makes that change.   He will probably leave one day,most coaches do, but he wont go until he can move up to a school of Indiana or Kentucky's tradition or until he gets fired.   Either way, he will be at Arkansas for a while longer.

hoggystyle78

I have not been among the ones on this board who have bashed Heath, I bashed nutt plenty and continue to do so at every opportunity but I have preferred the "wait and see" approach with Stan. But I have to wonder if the players have finally learned how to win the close games  in spite of Stan being on the sidelines?

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on February 28, 2006, 03:14:08 pm
I have not been among the ones on this board who have bashed Heath, I bashed nutt plenty and continue to do so at every opportunity but I have preferred the "wait and see" approach with Stan. But I have to wonder if the players have finally learned how to win the close games  in spite of Stan being on the sidelines?

In "spite" instead of because he is on the sidelines.  Great point