Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking for a new bow.... Mission?

Started by mossfan3, October 19, 2010, 09:40:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mossfan3

I am thinking about getting a new compound and looked at some of the Mission bows today.  Have any of you shot one?  They look pretty solid for the money.  I keep hearing about the Craze but I am more interested in the Venture.  Any input is appreciated.

Flying Razorback

I just bought my first bow back at the beginning of September with good help here.  I went with a PSE Bow Madness and am very happy with it.  I will say that I think the technology has come along that there aren't a lot of "bad" bows out there.  I know if you're looking to save money then you can get a real good bow at a Bass Pro shop under their RedHead brand name.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

mossfan3

Thank you.  I have looked at some of PSE's and they have really improved.  I am just curious about the Mission line primarily because they are made by Mathews and are about half the price.

IronHog

Quote from: mossfan3 on October 19, 2010, 09:40:08 pm
I am thinking about getting a new compound and looked at some of the Mission bows today.  Have any of you shot one?  They look pretty solid for the money.  I keep hearing about the Craze but I am more interested in the Venture.  Any input is appreciated.

I guess they are after the super short AtoA market?

If I was going to buy one of those bows I'd get a VXT or Voyager.  I like the 32-34 inch bows.

However in my case I just bought a used Mathews that was for all intensive purposes brand new for less than you can buy one of these bows.  Pretty low risk buying from people online if you use some common sense.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Ahog4life

I shot a Mission Maniac, it shot good has very little vibration and is quick for the price. The perk with this bow is that it is very easy to adjust draw lengths. I'm thinking about buying one for a backup to my Quest Primal.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: mossfan3 on October 19, 2010, 09:49:29 pm
Thank you.  I have looked at some of PSE's and they have really improved.  I am just curious about the Mission line primarily because they are made by Mathews and are about half the price.

I know the archery shop here in town loves them.  They have about 15-20 new boys in stock and half are Mission, about 5 Matthews, and a couple other high end.  The shoo owner says that for the money the Missions are great bows.  He really only stocks what he likes and all the locals use what he sells.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

edt

Look at the Assault from Bear Archery. Top Quality bow, IBO speed 328fps. You can buy the ready to shoot package, everything you need to get started shooting, for 549.00$ on ebay. If you want to step up a level, the Attack Bow package is 749.00. The Attack IBO speed is 340fps. Bear Archery has stepped up its game the last couple of years, their top bows are on par with Mathews, Hoyt, and Bowtech. I bought the Attack package the last of Sept. and I am very happy with it. The bow is quiet, smooth and fast. Get online and read some reviews on the bear bows you will be impressed. Bear has one new bow for 2011, the Carnage, 345 fps IBO, kinda pricy, 849.00, supposidly their best bow yet.

grayhawg

I bought a Mathews Reezen last winter after setting it up a guy asked me how much and he bought it. I looked at several bows and settled on the Mission Eliminator II, not quite as fast as a Z7 but its shooting at just under 300 fps at 65 lbs and 29 in draw. Has just a little more vibration then the Z7 and all I use it for is  hunting. That being said if I were shooting 3D a lot I would pay the extra money for the Mathews but for just hunting the Mission does a great job.

mossfan3

Thanks for the info guys.  I am still looking around but I keep hearing good things about the Missions.