Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blutoblutarsky

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 07, 2012, 10:37:47 am
Ok guys, this is probably a stupid question, but where do you do your betting?  Is it online?  I really want to get started but want to make sure it's above the board, if you know what I mean.

BetUS online. Don't exactly love it, but that's my only option as of now

DadVader1

September 07, 2012, 11:09:57 am #901 Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:43:44 pm by DadVader1
Started 0-1 last week (SCe, 1/2 unit)

This week I like:
Kentucky -6.5 (4 units)

and just for fun have:
Bama -39 (1 unit)
Hogs -30 (1/2 unit)

EDIT: added Utah -7 (1 unit) at the last minute

WILL CLINTON

So, here are my picks for the weekend.

Georgia -3.5 @ Mizzou....3*
     I was amazed when this line came out. I thought it would be at least 7, but no way I thought it would be less than 5. I don't see how this isn't free money.

Georgia -2.0 @ Mizzou....5*
    See above, I just had to put more on it since the line went down. No way the Bulldogs can't beat Mizzou by more than 3. I don't care where they play, Georgia is head and shoulders the better of the two teams. First 5* lock of the year.

Kentucky -7 v Kent St....1*
     Kentucky can't be that bad...can they?

Wisconsin -7 @ Oregon St....1*
     Oregon St is a habitual cellar dwellar and Wisconsin is fighting for a B1G ten and maybe national title. They will win 11 games this year and will probably put Montee Ball in NY come Heisman time. I think a lot of people are focusing too much on their game last week, and Vegas knows this. Don't see this one getting closer than 10-14 all day, except for at kickoff time.

Miss St -3 v Auburn....1*
     I like this game because it is basically a pickem. With Miss St's 3 pt home advantage, that puts this game as basically even. I just don't think Auburn can get it done on offense, and they may have the worst secondary in the SEC.

2012-2013 CFB
  Record 4-3-0 (57%)    Profit - $-160     Bankroll $1840    ROI -8%
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 07, 2012, 11:20:46 am
So, here are my picks for the weekend.

Georgia -3.5 @ Mizzou....3*
     I was amazed when this line came out. I thought it would be at least 7, but no way I thought it would be less than 5. I don't see how this isn't free money.

Georgia -2.0 @ Mizzou....5*
    See above, I just had to put more on it since the line went down. No way the Bulldogs can't beat Mizzou by more than 3. I don't care where they play, Georgia is head and shoulders the better of the two teams. First 5* lock of the year.

Kentucky -7 v Kent St....1*
     Kentucky can't be that bad...can they?

Wisconsin -7 @ Oregon St....1*
     Oregon St is a habitual cellar dwellar and Wisconsin is fighting for a B1G ten and maybe national title. They will win 11 games this year and will probably put Montee Ball in NY come Heisman time. I think a lot of people are focusing too much on their game last week, and Vegas knows this. Don't see this one getting closer than 10-14 all day, except for at kickoff time.

Miss St -3 v Auburn....1*
     I like this game because it is basically a pickem. With Miss St's 3 pt home advantage, that puts this game as basically even. I just don't think Auburn can get it done on offense, and they may have the worst secondary in the SEC.

2012-2013 CFB
  Record 4-3-0 (57%)    Profit - $-160     Bankroll $1840    ROI -8%

Hope you're right on Georgia!

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 07, 2012, 11:23:58 am
Hope you're right on Georgia!

You ain't lying, 70% of my bankroll on that game. 85% overall for the week.

This is either gonna be a great season, or a short one based on this week alone.

Dr. Starcs

Hawgndaaz

Did not even look at Wisconsin. that's my problem, i often overlook the big ten/pac 10 games in favor of SEC/ACC matchups.

Will add 2 or 3 units to them.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 07, 2012, 11:30:51 am
Bluto, is it legal?

Dr. Starcs, check your messages.  I PM'd you.  we arent supposed to talk about the sites we use on the board.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 07, 2012, 11:26:18 am
You ain't lying, 70% of my bankroll on that game. 85% overall for the week.

This is either gonna be a great season, or a short one based on this week alone.

haha I'll be pulling for ya!

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 07, 2012, 11:30:51 am
Bluto, is it legal? 

No, no sports gambling is legal in the united states, unless you live in one of the 4 states that have legalized it. Nevada, Oregon, Montana and now Delaware are the only states that have sports betting laws on the books.

Any online site or bookie that you use, is illegal. None of them are "above the board".

Blutoblutarsky

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 07, 2012, 11:33:40 am
Dr. Starcs, check your messages.  I PM'd you.  we arent supposed to talk about the sites we use on the board.

Whoops my bad

Dr. Starcs

Thanks for the help guys. Don't know if I'll be brave enough to try it though.

widespreadsooie

My picks for the week, $25 on each:

UGA -2 @ Mizzou

ASU -23 vs. Memphis

LSU -24 vs. Washington

Florida -1 @ A&M and/or the under at 50.5.

soooieman

Is it really illegial to bet online? Even if it's to a foreign country?

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: soooieman on September 07, 2012, 12:57:07 pm
Is it really illegial to bet online? Even if it's to a foreign country?

Let's just put it this way.  If your online provider gets shut down good luck recouping your money.

This is why I said anyone that doesn't want to play online should shoot me a PM.
Let's make some waves.

wwwhogfan

Vandy -165 vs Northwestern
Kentucky -275 vs Kent State
Georgia -130 vs Missouri
Savannah State +65 vs Florida State

Going conservative this week. Got burned by the South Carolina spread last week. Also, just couldn't pass up a +65 spread.

SPAL

hawgwild child

I would actually jump on Savannah St is my website provided it

sooie dog

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on September 07, 2012, 10:16:05 am
For sure going Notre Dame -14 against Purdue

I was thinking the opposite considering the miles they covered last weekend. Then again I don't know anything at all about Purdue.

Quote from: wwwhogfan on September 07, 2012, 01:35:02 pm
Vandy -165 vs Northwestern
Kentucky -275 vs Kent State
Georgia -130 vs Missouri
Savannah State +65 vs Florida State

Going conservative this week. Got burned by the South Carolina spread last week. Also, just couldn't pass up a +65 spread.

Can't believe you are putting 275.00 on KY to win 100.00. I hope you win it and you should, but jeez a Lou.  Got a big set on you I suppose :)
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

Any definitive word yet on the possible Georgia suspensions?  (Vasser, Ogletree, Commings, Rambo)  They might be suspended, and it sounds like they have at least a couple of linemen who are dinged up.

sooie dog

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 07, 2012, 02:28:41 pm
Any definitive word yet on the possible Georgia suspensions?  (Vasser, Ogletree, Commings, Rambo)  They might be suspended, and it sounds like they have at least a couple of linemen who are dinged up.

I'm pretty sure they left Rambo and Commings in GA.  Not sure about the others

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 07, 2012, 02:28:41 pm

son of a... can they not stay out of trouble down there?! ruining my bets

Hawgndaaz

hogs derriere

u guys know of any good site to go to compare the teams who are playing each other?
one that has the previous weeks scores and who they played, just a good preview I guess    thanks in advance

Arctic Hog

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 07, 2012, 02:19:07 pm
Can't believe you are putting 275.00 on KY to win 100.00. I hope you win it and you should, but jeez a Lou.  Got a big set on you I suppose :)

I don't know much about gambling, but I've recently wondered what the money line might be on Alabama/Arkansas.  For instance, it it's Alabama -300, I could take Alabama.  If the Hogs win, I'd be so happy that I wouldn't miss the 3 units.  If Alabama wins, I'd have a unit to drown my sorrows.

Quote from: Arctic Hog on September 07, 2012, 03:14:30 pm
I don't know much about gambling, but I've recently wondered what the money line might be on Alabama/Arkansas.  For instance, it it's Alabama -300, I could take Alabama.  If the Hogs win, I'd be so happy that I wouldn't miss the 3 units.  If Alabama wins, I'd have a unit to drown my sorrows.

lmao Yeppers.   Crazy like that.
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

I've actaully had some thought on bets like this.  Saw a few games that a team was favored by -11 or -14 and was thinking if you just bet the line on them cause you know they will win, you could pick up an easy unit.  my cost you a little more to get it, but you are almost guaranteed the unit..

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 07, 2012, 03:29:04 pm
I've actaully had some thought on bets like this.  Saw a few games that a team was favored by -11 or -14 and was thinking if you just bet the line on them cause you know they will win, you could pick up an easy unit.  my cost you a little more to get it, but you are almost guaranteed the unit..

I know the thought process, but he is talking about a game with a line of -7

Bets like that if you lose one in 3 you are right back at square 1

Just not my style.  That is the equivalent of the old days betting the Yankees 300 to win 100 with Clemons on the mound against the royals.  Yep you usually win, but when you don't it really hurts.
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

i wouldnt do it on a -7 spread, but for example the Bears (-10) playing the Colts, you can bet 500 on the bears and pretty much guarantee yourself 100.  I understand what youre sayin hogfanintx, but if the numbers are right id be tempted lol

Huckleberry Pig

WILL CLINTON, with the supposed suspensions for Georgia, do you still feel comfortable with your bet?

BTW are these suspensions set in stone? and do we know exactly who is?

McKdaddy

September 07, 2012, 03:51:22 pm #931 Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:08:48 pm by McKdaddy
Here's what I'm on so far:

-- Utah/Ut St   Over 50.5
-- NC St   -3   **auburn lock**
-- UF   -1
-- Wiscy   -7

4-4 record

* edited to include my record thru the grand Pitt bet
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hooch

Here we go:

Utah -7 just for gigs  $40
2 team teaser Wisc -1.5 and Vandy +2.5  $100
2 team teaser Miami +13 and Ole Miss black bears -3  $100
Georgia -2.5 $200, this may increase depending on how the line goes. 

Here we go.  For tomorrow as of now.

Georgia - 2 / 3 unit play

Miami + 7 / 1 unit

Central Michigan + 19.5 / 1 unit

Wisconsin -7 / 3 unit play

Iowa ST + 3.5 / 1 unit

UCLA + 5 / 1 unit

UCONN + 3.5 / 2 units

Okie ST -11 / 2 units

Bama -38 / 3 units

Time to get it back on track in a big way.

Good luck to all and hope everyone kills their book or online service this week.
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

I'm out till Sunday prob, good luck everyone! Hope it goes well for yall!

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 07, 2012, 05:46:38 pm
I'm out till Sunday prob, good luck everyone! Hope it goes well for yall!

See should have run that thru a fellow hog fan and not online.  Joking :)
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

I was thinking the same thing, especially when the line is only a TD and it's
-110. Bet that same 270 and win like 250.

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 07, 2012, 05:25:01 pm
Here we go.  For tomorrow as of now.

Georgia - 2 / 3 unit play

Miami + 7 / 1 unit

Central Michigan + 19.5 / 1 unit

Wisconsin -7 / 3 unit play

Iowa ST + 3.5 / 1 unit

UCLA + 5 / 1 unit

UCONN + 3.5 / 2 units

Okie ST -11 / 2 units

Bama -38 / 3 units

Time to get it back on track in a big way.

Good luck to all and hope everyone kills their book or online service this week.

Good Luck to you. I'm on the other side of you on UCONN, UCLA, Iowa St. Not betting mind you, but my guts tell me that Nebraska, Iowa and NC St handle business

yraciv

September 07, 2012, 06:28:12 pm #937 Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:53:24 am by yraciv
YTD 6-3, +4 units
Week 2 Picks
Wisc -7: 3 units L
AR State -23: 2.5 units L
UGA -2.5: 2 units W
Northwestern +3.5: 1 unit W
Arizona +13: 1 unit W
Florida -1: 1 unit W
Nebraska -5: 1 unit L

Update: 13-6, +2.5 units

hawgwild child

Pencil me in for these-UGA -2, Miami +7, Tex A&M pick, Iowa St -4, and Wisconson -7

Sunday i will probably take a few games

Quote from: hawgwild child on September 07, 2012, 06:36:43 pm
Pencil me in for these-UGA -2, Miami +7, Tex A&M pick, Iowa St -4, and Wisconson -7

Sunday i will probably take a few games

Iowa St is getting the points.  You playing them + the points or Iowa - the points?
Let's make some waves.

agr347

I took UGA -2( 1 unit, looks too good to be true so makes me leary) and Miss ST -3 (2 units)    only ones I really like.
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

jkstock04

So far up 3-0 on year...an even 3 units.  Hopefully this week carries on the same!  My sentiments on the Georgia game as well, that seems to be the bet of the weekend...hope we all win big on this one.  Smells like a trap game, cause almost like too good to be true...LOL I have seen that happen many times...anyways my picks:

Miami +7; 1 unit bet.  They did well last week on the road against Boston College, I think they carry on this week and beat K. State on the road.  Regardless, even if they don't win, I like the +7. 

Hogs -30; .5 unit bet.  I think we come out and redeem the lackluster performance against J. State.  I think we absolutely clobber ULM.  Admittedly, this is just what I think and feel...don't have much fact to back it up based on last weeks performance LOL...which is why I'm only putting  a half unit bet.

Georgia -2; 2 unit bet.  This one looks like a lock/bet the farm at first glance.  But a closer look shows quite a few suspensions...not to mention a few injuries....makes it seem like somewhat of a trap bet.  But I think Mizzou gets introduced to SEC football this game and loses by at least 2 td's.  I think they have a rough go of it this year, and this will be the beginning of it.

Wisc -7; .5 unit bet.  They did pretty horrible in their opener against N. Iowa, but I think they bounce back this week much like the Hogs will. 

Good luck guys...hopefully we are all smiles come this time Sat. night/Sunday morning.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Huckleberry Pig

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 07, 2012, 05:50:35 pm
See should have run that thru a fellow hog fan and not online.  Joking :)

hahaha what was i thinking?!  ;)

SPAL

hawgwild child

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 07, 2012, 07:16:44 pm
Iowa St is getting the points.  You playing them + the points or Iowa - the points?
sorry Iowa -4

Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

I added 2 more:

Bama -38 (2 units)
UGA -1.5 (2 units)

I appreciate the info & insight. Good luck to all!

Huckleberry Pig

did anyone have utah state? didnt see anyone take'em.  also didnt see many units on them so thats good.