Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does this mean we lose Ziemba too?

Started by Hogwild07, November 09, 2006, 04:21:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild07

Now that Burns is signing with Auburn, do we even have a chance at Ziemba?  I heard they have become close friends and plan on choosing the same school.  So basically we just lost the 2 biggest recruits in the state......(3 including Broderick Green).  Our 2 biggest recruits so far this year have been TEs.  This class isnt looking to good.....

Dreadnaught38

HoggyWood

4 months til Signing Day... there's still a lot of time to assemble a good class.

geoffhog

Burns said a few months ago that he and Lee wanted to go to the same school, but Lee has said they would do what was best for each of them. Don't write him off yet. He cancelled his Auburn trip, due to the early kickoff of their game, and will be here for Tennessee.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

dcrain

Quote from: Hogwild07 on November 09, 2006, 04:21:07 pm
Now that Burns is signing with Auburn, do we even have a chance at Ziemba?  I heard they have become close friends and plan on choosing the same school.  So basically we just lost the 2 biggest recruits in the state......(3 including Broderick Green).  Our 2 biggest recruits so far this year have been TEs.  This class isnt looking to good.....

Doesn't look good right now. If he holds off committing until the situation on the hill clears up, I think we have shot. If he commits right now, I'ld say AU.

SigPig

A good idea might be to offer Kirby.  Surely he and Ziemba are good friends too.

Hong Kong Sooey

Lee is a lot closer to being  a Tiger than he is to being a Hog.  Both of his parents are Auburn Alumns.  Couple that with Kodi committing to Auburn, and we have little chance at Lee.  A change at the top might make a difference, but I'm not even sure that will.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HoggyWood

Yeah, if HDN would get fired every 5 star blue chip recruit would flock to Fayetteville.

The real Hogules

Lee's comments the other night on the radio were pretty telling, IMHO.
I hope I'm wrong, but I believe he'll be an AU Tiger in the end.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

3kgthog

He'll be here for Tennessee because it's a big game and a free ticket. Many of us would probably take a visit to Ohio St. vs Michigan just to see that game in person even if we had no intention of signing at either school.

Move over Sidney, Marvin and Ron. James Anderson, Burns, and Ziemba are the new triplets.

bigyellowdog

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 09, 2006, 04:38:20 pm
Lee's comments the other night on the radio were pretty telling, IMHO.
I hope I'm wrong, but I believe he'll be an AU Tiger in the end.

That is the vibe I got as well.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 09, 2006, 04:39:11 pm
He'll be here for Tennessee because it's a big game and a free ticket. Many of us would probably take a visit to Ohio St. vs Michigan just to see that game in person even if we had no intention of signing at either school.

Move over Sidney, Marvin and Ron. James Anderson, Burns, and Ziemba are the new triplets.
Broderick Green...

dcrain

Quote from: machog23 on November 09, 2006, 04:36:41 pm
Yeah, if HDN would get fired every 5 star blue chip recruit would flock to Fayetteville.

We really need a sarcasm symbol.

The real Hogules

Well, maybe not ALL 5* would show up, but I'd bet a far larger number of big time recruits would show up without HDN at Arkansas than will show up with HDN still at Arkansas!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

whatsshakinbacon

How does one go 8-1, get ranked close to the top ten, and lose the state's top two (or speculate three) recruits to out of state schools?  Is this recruiting class being tanked on purpose?  Or are we this inept?  Great fence Mr. Nutt. 

One has to wonder.

Bacon out...

hog_fan

Rick wants us to think he will come as long as the staff stays. I think he committs to Auburn after his team finishes playing and after he visits Auburn.

dcrain

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on November 09, 2006, 04:40:05 pm
Quote from: 3kgthog on November 09, 2006, 04:39:11 pm

Broderick Green...

And poor Pinalto who had to settle for Texas because we had too many receivers. Well if you are only going to run, I guess he is right.

dcrain

Quote from: hog_fan on November 09, 2006, 04:41:11 pm
Rick wants us to think he will come as long as the staff stays. I think he committs to Auburn after his team finishes playing and after he visits Auburn.

Agreed.

Hugehogsfan

I am glad to think that all these top recruits are leaving.  I guess that means that after this fine year that we will start our downfall again.

LeadHog

I expect to lose Ziemba.  Both of his parents are Auburn grads.  I'm an Arkansas grad and I would be making a HUGE pitch for him to attend my school no matter where I lived.

LH

Torqued pork

Can HDN not create an opening on the staff for Ziemba's coach? That seems to be the only way he can keep the top two or three in-state kids from leaving these days.

dcrain

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on November 09, 2006, 04:48:59 pm
Can HDN not create an opening on the staff for Ziemba's coach? That seems to be the only way he can keep the top two or three in-state kids from leaving these days.

How about Markuson's spot?

SPAL

we will lose LZ, but not because we lost Kodi.

FootballHog

RockyMtOysters

Quote from: SigPig on November 09, 2006, 04:31:29 pm
A good idea might be to offer Kirby.  Surely he and Ziemba are good friends too.

Maybe we could hire his head coach as the new Offensive line coach?

bigyellowdog

Quote from: dcrain on November 09, 2006, 04:52:03 pm
Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on November 09, 2006, 04:48:59 pm

How about Markuson's spot?

sounds good to me.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on November 09, 2006, 04:35:09 pm
Lee is a lot closer to being  a Tiger than he is to being a Hog.  Both of his parents are Auburn Alumns.  Couple that with Kodi committing to Auburn, and we have little chance at Lee.  A change at the top might make a difference, but I'm not even sure that will.

Wow, are you drinking Auburn Orange Kool-Aid.  You are way off base.  Check your facts and come back with real info.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hawgballz

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 09, 2006, 04:40:35 pm
How does one go 8-1, get ranked close to the top ten, and lose the state's top two (or speculate three) recruits to out of state schools?  Is this recruiting class being tanked on purpose?  Or are we this inept?  Great fence Mr. Nutt. 

One has to wonder.

Bacon out...

Kodi made his decision when we were 0-0 so our record helped but not enough and for the record Kodi said today that Nutt replacing MM with CD really helped also (let him know that the U of A would be fair in playing the best player).  This was not Nutt's or Malzahn's fault.  It is just a young man who is trying to do what he feels is best for him.

SPAL

Quote from: HawgBall06 on November 09, 2006, 06:19:25 pm

Wow, are you drinking Auburn Orange Kool-Aid.  You are way off base.  Check your facts and come back with real info.

what exactly was off base with his post?...

Hong Kong Sooey

Show me the "off base" part of my post.  The only thing that is not fact based is the part I made clear is opinion, and that is the last sentence. 

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on November 09, 2006, 06:29:04 pm

Show me the "off base" part of my post.  The only thing that is not fact based is the part I made clear is opinion, and that is the last sentence. 

Lee is a lot closer to being  a Tiger than he is to being a Hog.  Dead wrong.
Couple that with Kodi committing to Auburn.  Kodi committing to Auburn will not effect Lee.  This is what Kodi said today in response to the question of whether or not he & Lee would be going to the same school "WE WOULD HAVE ANNOUNCED ON THE SAME DAY".
A change at the top might make a difference, but I'm not even sure that will.  A change at the top would not improve our chances to get Ziemba.  He is close to the Hog staff and respects them.  Check out where he spent last summer.
Silly assumptions and wild accusations do not help our chances with any of these young men, so check your facts before you post or make sure that you label your post so that people realize that it is just your beliefs and not based upon actual facts/events.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: HawgBall06 on November 09, 2006, 06:46:31 pm

Couple that with Kodi committing to Auburn.  Kodi committing to Auburn will not effect Lee.  This is what Kodi said today in response to the question of whether or not he & Lee would be going to the same school "WE WOULD HAVE ANNOUNCED ON THE SAME DAY".
A change at the top might make a difference, but I'm not even sure that will.  A change at the top would not improve our chances to get Ziemba.  He is close to the Hog staff and respects them.  Check out where he spent last summer.
Silly assumptions and wild accusations do not help our chances with any of these young men, so check your facts before you post or make sure that you label your post so that people realize that it is just your beliefs and not based upon actual facts/events.
Wow, nice job of throwing your opinion out as fact.  I made it clear to anyone with 6th grade reading comprehension which part of my post was opinion.  Lee IS much closer to committing to Auburn than he is to committing to Arkansas for the reasons stated above, including the fact that Kodi committed today.  Lee has made it pretty clear all along that Auburn is his first choice.  He and Kodi have made it clear that they would like to play together.  Lee's parents are Auburn alumns who have pointed him towards Auburn for a long time.  None of that is opinion.  Do with it what you will.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on November 09, 2006, 06:52:09 pm

Wow, nice job of throwing your opinion out as fact.  I made it clear to anyone with 6th grade reading comprehension which part of my post was opinion.  Lee IS much closer to committing to Auburn than he is to committing to Arkansas for the reasons stated above, including the fact that Kodi committed today.  Lee has made it pretty clear all along that Auburn is his first choice.  He and Kodi have made it clear that they would like to play together.  Lee's parents are Auburn alumns who have pointed him towards Auburn for a long time.  None of that is opinion.  Do with it what you will.

So basically what you think takes precedent over what they are saying.  I guess what you say is fact and what they say is rumor.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: HawgBall06 on November 09, 2006, 06:56:54 pm
Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on November 09, 2006, 06:52:09 pm

So basically what you think takes precedent over what they are saying.  I guess what you say is fact and what they say is rumor.
You can argue it with yourself, I'm done with it.  Have fun.

dana caldwell

u uninformed folks are hillarious!

care for another branch of olive?

T-minus 50 hours and counting.

actually, it will be tuesday or so before i return. let's see if i can beat ESPN.

hmm.

"boy, i wish i knew what he knows."

yep.

pi

November 09, 2006, 07:14:56 pm #37 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 07:18:04 pm by pi
Quote from: LeadHog on November 09, 2006, 04:46:29 pm
I expect to lose Ziemba.  Both of his parents are Auburn grads.  I'm an Arkansas grad and I would be making a HUGE pitch for him to attend my school no matter where I lived.

LH

Then you would be putting your own self-interest over your child's.  Ziemba would be better off athletically and academically as a Razorback, and that's all that should matter. 

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 09, 2006, 07:06:59 pm

actually, it will be tuesday or so before i return. let's see if i can beat ESPN.

hmm.

yep.
I wish I knew too...:)

woopig5

Bottom Line...nothing matters until national signing day...didn't you guys figure that out last year?

ahogintexas

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 09, 2006, 07:06:59 pm

hmm.

yep.

Can you tease us....at a high level is it about staying, coming, or going, or a combination ??

RazorRooter

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 09, 2006, 04:40:33 pm

Well, maybe not ALL 5* would show up, but I'd bet a far larger number of big time recruits would show up without HDN at Arkansas than will show up with HDN still at Arkansas!

These are NOT a true statements. What IS a true statement is the fact that talk like this does much more harm than good. Thanks Guys and Gals. Keep up the good work Hog fans.
It is ALWAYS Hog Tyme!

mj4president

This does not affect Ziemba at all. Ziemba is now leaning more towards the Hogs than he was a few weeks ago. In the end Ziemba will be a hog and Burns a Tiger. I know a lot more than any of you on this situation.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

SPAL

dana, what we know isnt gonna sit well with these huggers...u know that right.

HatfieldHog

The loss of Kodi hurts this years recruiting class.  There is no way to spin it any other way.  He was a good player, and in-state kid, and we wiff on him.  Ziemba?  I guess that we'll have to wait to find out, but we must have him.

If Nutt cannot manage a class that ranks in the top 20 after the year we are having on the field, then you guys can look forward to more 500, or losing seasons in just 3 short years.  No depth, O-line problems, D-line problems.

Recruiting is the name of College Football.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Flatline

November 09, 2006, 10:26:40 pm #46 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:39:33 pm by MLH
There are excuses for losing Kodi according to the spin doctors.  They tell you that Kodi did not want to come here because we have two good young QB's.  That is B.S.  Kodi Burns would never walk away from competition. 

Lee will probably go to Auburn and the excuse will be that his father was an Auburn Alumni. 

I have seen Tommy Tubberville on the sidelines at Northside High School on a Friday night when he had a home game at Auburn the next day.

I never saw Nutt on the sidelines.

Hums

Only is dad is a AU Grad and dont believe anyone who "claims" to know where he is going.

Flatline

Quote from: Hums on November 09, 2006, 10:36:57 pm
Only is dad is a AU Grad and dont believe anyone who "claims" to know where he is going.

Fixed it.

Hawgballz

Quote from: mj4president on November 09, 2006, 08:47:00 pm
This does not affect Ziemba at all. Ziemba is now leaning more towards the Hogs than he was a few weeks ago. In the end Ziemba will be a hog and Burns a Tiger. I know a lot more than any of you on this situation.

When he posts he doesn't post a novel, but if you care about hearing the truth, you will listen.