Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns is a

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 09, 2006, 02:08:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Fan 51

Gotta go where he is going to have a chance to play. Does not help there is a cloud of gloom & doom that surround our program right now. I can't blame the kid we are stacked @ QB. We need Defense & Offensive lineman. See ya Kodi. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

Post Script: The grass is always greener on the other side of the septic tank!
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

yraciv

Being someone who has played against Burns and watched him since boys club, I wanted him to be a Hog.  As much as I want him to have succes; I do not see him being any better then a Brent Schaeffer.  I honestly don't think he can be the quarterback to lead Auburn to a top 5 finish.  I do feel Mustain can do this for us, and we have two good quarterbacks already.  Best of luck to Burns, but I think we've got Auburn in the qb department for at least the next 3 years.

HOGansHero

DeuceHawg

He had no chance to play QB and thats what he wanted.  He didn't want to be a LB or Safety so its his choice and I just hope that he is happy being on a team that gets to WATCH the SEC championship. :razorback:

Sao Ming

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2006, 02:44:30 pm
I have been saying for weeks he was going to Aub because he did not want to compete with MM for playing time. 

OK, this crap about Mallett and Kodi being afraid to compete with Mitchh is not only tiresome it is almost laughable. 

Now, if you want to posture that they want to play from day 1 or 2, fine.  But compete with Mitch?  No way.  I'll say this, if Mallett came to Arkansas KEYS would be boxing up shirts to send to the Goodwill or local soup kitchen.

bigyellowdog

I can't wait to hear Odus and HI spin this.

OKC

LeadHog

It really makes me angry when some kid calls a press conference in his home state to announce he is going to another school.

Good Luck, Kodi.  We really didn't need you anyway.

LH

BassinHawg

When we win Saturday we won't have to worry as much, other recruits will be interested.   I don't think that he was a good fit anyway.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

FootballHog

Good luck Kodi. Have a great and injury-free career at Auburn! You'll be a great one!

Tusks

At least fans are starting to realize the trend is with HDN and not the players.  At first the fans would crucify any and all recruits from the state that didn't pick the Hogs.  But now that it's happening over and over and over and over everyone is starting to realize if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a fricken duck and that fricken duck is the fact that HDN couldn't recruit a a duck to a duck pond.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

FootballHog

Why is everything Nutts fault? Maybe, JUST MAYBE, he wanted to play quarterback at Auburn? He would no chance to play here until he was a Senior.

Calico_Hog

Good luck Kodi, I wish you the best!

PigManLives

Bye bye.  Dont care one bit about his career at auburn.

RivercrestHog

Quote from: Sao Ming on November 09, 2006, 04:31:19 pm
I have been saying for weeks he was going to Aub because he did not want to compete with MM for playing time. 

OK, this crap about Mallett and Kodi being afraid to compete with Mitchh is not only tiresome it is almost laughable. 

Now, if you want to posture that they want to play from day 1 or 2, fine.  But compete with Mitch?  No way.  I'll say this, if Mallett came to Arkansas KEYS would be boxing up shirts to send to the Goodwill or local soup kitchen.

I'm not saying that Mallett is scared of competing with Mitch, but I do have this question. Why did he say he wasn't coming if Mitch did?

Quote from: FootballHog on November 09, 2006, 05:32:56 pm
Why is everything Nutts fault? Maybe, JUST MAYBE, he wanted to play quarterback at Auburn? He would no chance to play here until he was a Senior.

He once said that it was always the Hogs and then everyone else. If Houston would have tried hard enough he would be wearing a Hog jersey next year.

dana caldwell

what a shock. NOT!

most blind folks can see idiocy and disaster from a mile way.

smart folks talk to employees before accepting a job. what nutt has done will cripple recruiting till he's gone.

OK, back to the challenge ... 50 hours?

MM-gohogs

Quote from: artyhog on November 09, 2006, 02:16:26 pm
With Mitch and Casey on the Hill, did you really think that he would come?

do you think with *** on the hill he would REALLY COME?
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

hogtheball

November 09, 2006, 06:39:44 pm #67 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 06:42:09 pm by hogtheball
Quote from: Sao Ming on November 09, 2006, 04:31:19 pm

Wow, it takes a lot of class to cut down a guy who signed with and plays for Arkansas to try to make somebody sound better who DIDN'T.  I like Kodi, think he's a great QB, and will follow his career with much interest.  However, I hope he has the same amount of success against the Hogs in college as he did against the Red Dogs in high school.  Good luck Kodi.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

BaggerHog

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on November 09, 2006, 02:48:55 pm
I bet he gets a lot of coverage down here in the SWTR..They have a lot of anti Hog writers who are probably very happy today...I bet he gets a major spread on the old sports page..
I seriously doubt any of the SWTR writers even know about it. They were probably out doing their usual coverage of vollyball.

Bucksnort

Good for Kodi.  Hope he does well. 

razorbacks1usa

let him go we dont need a kid who doesnt waqnt to be a hog

HogginAllDay&Nite

He made the right decision, Why come here when Casey Dick will be here for 2 more years and Mitch here maybe 3??? I'm just disappointed because Lee Ziemba will go with him, and it's linemen we need...
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

BadDogGHSDogPound

I bet he gets a lot of coverage down here in the SWTR..They have a lot of anti Hog writers who are probably very happy today...I bet he gets a major spread on the old sports page..

Nope they can't do that Scott's already made a stand that a verbal commitment is page 3 news only. He did that with the Mitch signing.
2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2023 State Football Champions Greenwood Bulldogs. Follow The Bulldogs On www.GreenwoodDogPound.com

sylvia

I wish Kodi lots of luck.  Just think, he could have come to U of A and received a subpar education.....

dana caldwell

Quote from: ScottFaldon on November 09, 2006, 06:55:31 pm
Quote from: BadDogGHSDogPound on November 09, 2006, 06:52:50 pm

Nope they can't do that Scott's already made a stand that a verbal commitment is page 3 news only. He did that with the Mitch signing.

As I posted earlier, the Burns story will be on page 4 of Friday's edition.

u know i like a lot of things about u, but that's some really weird strategy, bro.

just sayin'.

Darren#5

Hope he has fun as a Tiger.

HogPharmD

November 09, 2006, 07:18:38 pm #76 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 07:28:32 pm by HogPharmD
Quote from: razorpimp on November 09, 2006, 03:27:42 pm
Quote from: hogboarder on November 09, 2006, 03:18:06 pm
The SEC is in the process of being remodeled. AU will not be the team they usually are in my opinion.  I wish him the best of luck and hope he goes far in life!!!  I think he'll regret his decision somewhere down the road.  GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, remodeled.......whatever.  He made a very wise decision and AU will be the team to beat for years to come.  I'm not sure which team you have been watching...

Kodi is a quarterback... not a field goal kicker (Auburn's #1 scorer)

BKtheKing

Words cannot express the disgust I feel towards our coaches and their abilities to recruit.'

There is a gaping hole in that fence Nutt promised to build and it has not been mended in 8 years.

:puke:

dana caldwell

Quote from: BKtheKing on November 09, 2006, 08:02:20 pm
Words cannot express the disgust I feel towards our coaches and their abilities to recruit.'

There is a gaping hole in that fence Nutt promised to build and it has not been mended in 8 years.

:puke:

houston nutt promise?

what, 40 hours left in the challenge?!!!!!

Chief Mac

Quote from: elksnort on November 09, 2006, 02:57:13 pm
How good is Kodi Burns? Does anyone really know?

Some of the best Razorbacks were so highly recruited. And some of very highly recruited did not turn out to be very good players for whatever reason. Were Matt Jones, Clint Stoerner, Caleb Miller, Bobbie Williams, Brandon Burlsworth, Quentin Caver, Sean Andrews highly recruited.

One the other hand, Gary Brashears, Jonathon Adams (ASU), Basil Shabazz, Willie Cutts. Where are they now?

Nothing personal. I thinking recruiting can be sort of a gamble.

it is a gamble but you recruit more highly rated recruits and your chances of success are infinitely better.

Talent can overcome defieciencies in other places.
WPS
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Cold_Roses_80

Good luck to Kodi.
I'll pray for him when he faces the Razorbacks in the future

razorquack

Quote from: nutted on November 09, 2006, 05:27:44 pm
At least fans are starting to realize the trend is with HDN and not the players.  At first the fans would crucify any and all recruits from the state that didn't pick the Hogs.  But now that it's happening over and over and over and over everyone is starting to realize if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a fricken duck and that fricken duck is the fact that HDN couldn't recruit a a duck to a duck pond.
I represent that remark...

hogtheball

Quote from: razorquack on November 09, 2006, 08:53:56 pm

I'm not sure why, but that made me laugh out loud. Thanks.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

dana caldwell

Quote from: hogtheball on November 09, 2006, 09:12:43 pm
Quote from: razorquack on November 09, 2006, 08:53:56 pm

I'm not sure why, but that made me laugh out loud. Thanks.

me, too. literally!

sportscrazy

Quote from: brodie_hawg on November 09, 2006, 02:17:36 pm
The main part that I do not like about this is the timing.  This is the biggest weekend in Hogs sports in quite some time.  He could have waited til after this weekend to make the announcement.  This just makes me think he is trying to upstage the Hogs and to me that is classless.

I have met Kodi Burns and he is a first class kid all the way!!  He is 18 years old and the Arkansas game is probably the furthest thing from his mind.  His season just ended, and plays basketball so I'm sure he would like to put this decision behind him so that he can focus on the team.  It is WRONG to assume that he is trying to sabotage the Razorback game!  Nutt bashing is one thing, however, this is a high school kid who has nothing wrong to anyone but make the right decision for himself both academically and athletically. 

hogtheball

Quote from: sportscrazy on November 09, 2006, 09:25:41 pm
Quote from: brodie_hawg on November 09, 2006, 02:17:36 pm
The main part that I do not like about this is the timing.  This is the biggest weekend in Hogs sports in quite some time.  He could have waited til after this weekend to make the announcement.  This just makes me think he is trying to upstage the Hogs and to me that is classless.

I have met Kodi Burns and he is a first class kid all the way!!  He is 18 years old and the Arkansas game is probably the furthest thing from his mind.  His season just ended, and plays basketball so I'm sure he would like to put this decision behind him so that he can focus on the team.  It is WRONG to assume that he is trying to sabotage the Razorback game!  Nutt bashing is one thing, however, this is a high school kid who has nothing wrong to anyone but make the right decision for himself both academically and athletically. 

Thanks for the sanity, sportscrazy.  I don't think anyone took that post seriously.  The poster himself probably even has some doubts by now.

chromehog

Last time I checked in America you had the freedom of choise. Good luck and good fortune Kodi stick to your guns and do what makes you happy.

hog caller

it would have been good to get to know you but i have to say so long ,good bye time will roll along.

hope yopu have all the luck you can make at AUburn. but we will find another QB who can do all the things we need by next year.

jkelly107

Could have used him on defense

NorthStHog

Now just for a second your 18 years old.  You can go to a school with less pressure on you-OR you can go to a school that expects you to be the second savior.  You will only be the second savior behind the first savior (cliff notes:MM)-  and the guy who is starting ahead of the first savior (cliff notes:CD).  I apologize to everyone that was looking forward to yet another controversy for the next few years, but the kid made the right decision.  Good Luck Kodi-  except against the Hogs.
Go Hogs!

OKhogfan1959

Right choice?? Whatever we'll see? I don't think it's the right choice and I dont' think any Hogfan would think that! Auburn might be the right choice to a couple of you but you need to go to their board and post that crap...LOL..Why would you come on a hogboard and say it's the rigth choice? I don't want to hear about Kodi! He's Auburn now..

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 09, 2006, 07:04:14 pm
Quote from: ScottFaldon on November 09, 2006, 06:55:31 pm
Quote from: BadDogGHSDogPound on November 09, 2006, 06:52:50 pm

As I posted earlier, the Burns story will be on page 4 of Friday's edition.

u know i like a lot of things about u, but that's some really weird strategy, bro.

just sayin'.

Weird strategy?? What? Not sure what starategy I had?

RazorRyan

Quote from: sylvia on November 09, 2006, 07:03:11 pm
I wish Kodi lots of luck.  Just think, he could have come to U of A and received a subpar education.....

Depending upon what major, yes. If you're slanderizing the entire school's educational standards, you'd best never post on this board again.

Cohouse

Yeah people pay attention to the rules of this board........do not run down Kodi in a couple of years when he is running Auburns Offense and rolling over Arkansas Defense dont run him down then either.......LOL

hogtheball

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on November 10, 2006, 03:06:02 am
Right choice?? Whatever we'll see? I don't think it's the right choice and I dont' think any Hogfan would think that! Auburn might be the right choice to a couple of you but you need to go to their board and post that crap...LOL..Why would you come on a hogboard and say it's the rigth choice? I don't want to hear about Kodi! He's Auburn now..

Right choice.

chromehog

November 10, 2006, 06:43:49 am #95 Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 06:48:13 am by chromehog
What gives anyone the right to down Kodi for making a choise thats about his future? I fail to see the logic. If you dicide to move to a new job that you think is in your best intrest and I put you down for it that makes me the small one. where do any of you get off telling this young man where to go to school when most of you don't even know him. I bet his parents didn't tell him what to do. They probably said your choise and stuck beside his decision. Are you his parents? For that one game he plays us I may, no Iwill root for Kodi because you people are small compaired to him.

casken

good luck Kodi...except against the hogs!

WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

PiggyBack

Thanks, Houston, for that "fence."
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

dcrain

Can we move this thread to the trash can now. KB is old news.

Hog Fan 51

The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!