Kodi Burns is a

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 09, 2006, 02:08:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

TouchdownRazrbcks

TCBNAFLASH

Hey Yankee, follow him to AU!!!!! :-*

artyhog

With Mitch and Casey on the Hill, did you really think that he would come?

brodie_hawg

The main part that I do not like about this is the timing.  This is the biggest weekend in Hogs sports in quite some time.  He could have waited til after this weekend to make the announcement.  This just makes me think he is trying to upstage the Hogs and to me that is classless.

bosshawg38

If he doesn't want to be a Hog, then we don't need him. Good luck in Auburn, Kodi.

PAHog

I wish him well, but I think he's getting on a sinking ship.  Time will tell.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

HogISH™

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

pikehog

dianne fineswine

Shame. Could have been an excellent safety. But I'm glad he announced here first so they could be ready to celebrate his arrival at Auburn. :puke:
Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

jtvhog

I know this will be discussed to a big extent tonight but why do you all think that Kodi chose Auburn over Arkansas. I wish the guy the best, but I wish he was coming here. For one, Ark is a team on the rise with a lot of young talent, a creative offense (at times if gus is calling), its 45 min away from him, etc. I know Auburn has a lot of tradition as well but T-Tub is a joke and worse than Nutt ever has been. I think the Jason Cambell schtick hooked KB in and that's unfortunate. I also hope that our QB controversy over the weekend didn't solidify his commitment towards Aub.  I don't see him kicking anybodys ass at the qb position down there for awhile. Gus would have used him brilliantly

proffitthog

It aint national signing day yet..

ahogintexas

did he highlight any reasons for his decision ?

TitanTiger

QuoteThe main part that I do not like about this is the timing.  This is the biggest weekend in Hogs sports in quite some time.  He could have waited til after this weekend to make the announcement.  This just makes me think he is trying to upstage the Hogs and to me that is classless.
You can't be serious.

Doug

I'm sorry to hear this, Kodi, but respect your decision, young man.  I wish you nothing but the best with Auburn.  Tubberville is definitely going to be someone fun to play for... and them Auburn fans are almost as voracious as us Hog fans are.

Education first, football second.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Coachjy

Congrats to Kodi and I wish him well, but only when they are playing someone beside the Hogs. Kodi and his family are truly classy people. Kodi deserves success and I'm he'll have it at Auburn. This has been a done deal for a long time. This is where he felt in his heart that he should go and knowing their family, this decision was not made without a lot of thought and prayer. Congrats to the entire Burns family.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: brodie_hawg on November 09, 2006, 02:17:36 pm
The main part that I do not like about this is the timing.  This is the biggest weekend in Hogs sports in quite some time.  He could have waited til after this weekend to make the announcement.  This just makes me think he is trying to upstage the Hogs and to me that is classless.

You don't know Kodi very well. Think what you wish.

Root Hog

Nutt is going to lose the top running back, quarterback, and lineman from the State of Arkansas this year.  Great job, Nutt.

Root Hog

Quote from: The Recruiting Guy on November 09, 2006, 02:25:37 pm

You don't know Kodi very well. Think what you wish.

That's just typical Arkansas spin.  Pretty soon Kodi won't be good enough to play for the Hogs, just like Broderick Green and Slick Shelly.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

tobs54

OKhogfan1959

Recruiting guy? Are you saying he couldn't of waited?

I don't care about him anymore! Period! But his timing is odd..I think he was trying to help old Auburn..Bad time! I don't want to see his ass on TV tonight with an Auburn cap on..We'll see how it works out but I am a Hogfan and no longer care about Burns.

kitshicker

I don't know Kodi at all, but I don't think he was trying to do anything of the sort.
I wish him the very best and look forward to seeing him on the field. He did what was best for him, and I respect that decision.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on November 09, 2006, 02:31:27 pm
Recruiting guy? Are yhou saying he couldn't of waited?

I dont' care about him anymore! Period! But his timing is odd..I think he was trying to help old Auburn..Bad time! I don't want to see his ass on TV tonight with an Auburn cap on..We'll see how it works out but I am a Hogfan and no longer carea about Burns.

Why should he wait?

OKhogfan1959

Te me he should have commited a month ago when his mom started telling people that he wasn't going to Arkansas.

Let's see Arkansas-Tenn game...He probably did it to help TT get a little free publicity..Did any other players do that in the middle of a huge Hog weekend? If he was going to Auburn then wait and let them hype him up...I don't like it when a kid is highlighted on TV tonight and he's not a Hog and not a Arkansas kid!!!

Humghog31

I totally agree, but hey.  He knows where he wants to go now, so he can watch us play in the SECCG with his Auburn teammates now.  :)

undertaker

I wish Kodi had come to arkansas, but not really worried about it.  We have to very talented young quarterbacks,  and I have been told he wants to play quarterback, so I think Auburn is the right choice for him.  I don't like it but thats how it goes.  I mean its nice to be in a situation we are in that when we lose a Kodi Burns it not the end of the world. 

cvest21

Tiger and best of luck.  We are unaccustome as razorback fans to have 2 quality young sec quaterbacks for a new kid to fight for time with.  This time auburn is the fastest place for him to play.  Feels pretty darn good for our stable to be too full for him. ;D

hogsanity

I have been saying for weeks he was going to Aub because he did not want to compete with MM for playing time. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TouchdownRazrbcks

Quote from: TCBNAFLASH on November 09, 2006, 02:14:29 pm
Hey Yankee, follow him to AU!!!!! :-*

HUHU! Thats the best you can come up with. Hey uh! flash uh, go jump off a cliff...

hogman64

Quote from: The Recruiting Guy on November 09, 2006, 02:32:44 pm

I dont' care about him anymore! Period! But his timing is odd..I think he was trying to help old Auburn..Bad time! I don't want to see his ass on TV tonight with an Auburn cap on..We'll see how it works out but I am a Hogfan and no longer carea about Burns.

Why should he wait?
[/quo

Why should he wait?

I agree with the bad timing, but then why should he care about the high spirits of Hog fans this week he is a Tiger....as for why should he wait?  he waited this long didnt he, or did he just wake up this morning and it suddenly  hit him he was going to be a Tiger?  I would assume he has known this for awhile and I assume he LOVES the timing of his decision......I wish him the best and will follow his career with the same interest i have Brett Smith and the center at LSU.....uhh what is his name?  Hopefully this will get about a nanosecond on tonights sports, if that long...........

OKhogfan1959

I bet he gets a lot of coverage down here in the SWTR..They have a lot of anti Hog writers who are probably very happy today...I bet he gets a major spread on the old sports page..

RAZORBART

Good luck Kodi. hope you are happy at Auburn. We will be fine here as well with Mitch and Casey.

elksnort

How good is Kodi Burns? Does anyone really know?

Some of the best Razorbacks were so highly recruited. And some of very highly recruited did not turn out to be very good players for whatever reason. Were Matt Jones, Clint Stoerner, Caleb Miller, Bobbie Williams, Brandon Burlsworth, Quentin Caver, Sean Andrews highly recruited.

One the other hand, Gary Brashears, Jonathon Adams (ASU), Basil Shabazz, Willie Cutts. Where are they now?

Nothing personal. I thinking recruiting can be sort of a gamble.

TOM "tbw1"

Congrats to Kodi and let's beat him on the field.  Too many times folks have jumped on kids going out of state and tried to diminish them.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

SultanofSwine

elk, do you ever wonder what the correlation between LSU, Texas, USC, ND etc that are always at the top of the rankings and how high thier recruiting rankings are each year have anything to do with each other. Take off the blinders.

spudhog

he would've been a good lb here. gonna miss!!

Deuce Pigelow

I know we put all of our focus on this one QB.

Is there another QB we will be able to go get this late in the recruiting season??

elksnort

Hey Sulttan of Swine, my point is that we should not freak out losing a player. I am not blind. I know GD well that there is a correlation between NFL and colleges who get the "best" players.
You don't know me so watch what the hell you say.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: hogman64 on November 09, 2006, 02:45:42 pm

Why should he wait?
[/quo

Why should he wait?

I agree with the bad timing, but then why should he care about the high spirits of Hog fans this week he is a Tiger....as for why should he wait?  he waited this long didnt he, or did he just wake up this morning and it suddenly  hit him he was going to be a Tiger?  I would assume he has known this for awhile and I assume he LOVES the timing of his decision......I wish him the best and will follow his career with the same interest i have Brett Smith and the center at LSU.....uhh what is his name?  Hopefully this will get about a nanosecond on tonights sports, if that long...........
I have to believe the timing was intentional. Thanks a lot Kodi, this board was getting to be fun again.

Pork Twain

Good luck to Kodi.  I hope we find someone better next year when we really need to be focusing on landing a QB.  This year we need to be focusing on def and both lines.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

jbakr428

Good luck coming to the hill next year.

hogboarder

The SEC is in the process of being remodeled. AU will not be the team they usually are in my opinion.  I wish him the best of luck and hope he goes far in life!!!  I think he'll regret his decision somewhere down the road.  GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blake

Quote from: artyhog on November 09, 2006, 02:16:26 pm
With Mitch and Casey on the Hill, did you really think that he would come?
I thought he would have a better chance being a tiger. I wish him well except when they play us.

Uncle Tusk

I've seen him play twice, but was not overly impressed with him at quarterback.  I do hate to lose a quality kid that is a tremendous athlete...especially to an SEC West team.  Best of luck Kodi.  Remember, this is YOUR decision to make and you have to do what you feel is right.  

TennesseeRaz

If he made this decision based upon our depth chart at QB, then I have no problem with it.  However, if he felt forced to make it because Houston's micromanaging the offense, then it makes my stomach turn.

razorpimp

November 09, 2006, 03:27:42 pm #48 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 03:42:31 pm by razorpimp
Quote from: hogboarder on November 09, 2006, 03:18:06 pm
The SEC is in the process of being remodeled. AU will not be the team they usually are in my opinion.  I wish him the best of luck and hope he goes far in life!!!  I think he'll regret his decision somewhere down the road.  GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, remodeled.......whatever.  He made a very wise decision and AU will be the team to beat for years to come.  I'm not sure which team you have been watching...

jb11

Look for Lee Ziemba to announce after his season is over to Auburn.  :puke:

He will do just like KB.  Think about it.  They have said they want to attend the same school, both were down to us and AU, both have been rumored for weeks that they have already made up their mind.

The reason they waited until after their season is over is because they did not want to get heckled and potentially cheap shotted. 

I am still holding out hope for LZ to be a hog, but this is just how I see it going down.