Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Kodi Burns posts

Started by HAM ELLIOT, November 09, 2006, 01:36:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

roothog

Quote from: King-Tusk on November 09, 2006, 02:14:46 pm
Don't be surprised, he has a better chance at Auburn anyway.  It would not have been a good decision for him to come to Arkansas.  I wish him the best and hope he does well, just not against us.

I agree, we are pretty set at the QB position. I really didn't figure we would go hot and heavy on the position this year. There are some defensive positions that need more filling than QB.
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIIEEE

ahogintexas

IMHO..the nail in the coffin was the 'quick trigger' NUTT pulled in SC....

razorhead69

November 09, 2006, 02:17:35 pm #52 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 02:21:57 pm by razorhead69
He can't even get his team in the state playoffs. Frick him!!

ok ok good luck.

dcrain

Quote from: Bania on November 09, 2006, 02:13:58 pm
I bet the call-in shows are going to be crazy tonight!

But we don't need KB. LOL. What about if MM leaves?

dcrain

Quote from: ahogintexas on November 09, 2006, 02:17:33 pm

Agreed.

doo-ran

HogISH™

good luck KB...

keep this thread clean and post like you might actually have some class.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

razorpimp

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 09, 2006, 02:16:39 pm
Quote from: DemiHog on November 09, 2006, 02:12:31 pm
Hmmm...

We have a Gatorade Player of the Year quarterback who is only a freshmen and a sophmore who is very capable.  It's pretty obvious he didn't want to compete against good quarterbacks.  Auburn should work out nicely for him.

I don't see what HDN would waste another scholorship on another "diva" Qb when we need those scholorships on defense.

But sure...blame Nutt.  It's more amusing that way.

We're only one injury and one transfer away from Robert Johnson again........Nutt has never been known for his depth.

Please explain depth....

depth - extra players on team to fill positions
depth - a high degree of such knowledge, insight, etc.

FAT HOG

Let him go.   Hope he has a good career.  If it was not in his heart to be a Hog he did not need to be here, Following behind Dick, and MM to compete for a QB job would be too much pressure from a lot of young men.  

Now lets focus on those who wanted to be Hogs who are going to be facing TN this week.

jhawg

Quote from: Quick Trigger™ on November 09, 2006, 02:15:27 pm
Bye bye Lee ziemba.  Bye bye future.  Good job Dale.

Casey Dick- Soph.
Mitch- FR
Mcfadden- Soph.
Felix- Soph
Damian- FR
Crawford- FR
Ben- FR

I think the future looks pretty bright.
"They are not worried about selling tickets. They are not worried about selling offenses and gimmicks and things of that nature. They are worried about winning and having a winning tradition."- Reggie Herring

Marshfieldhog

Nutt's fence has serious holes, I wonder if Nutt's lack of recruiting this year( 40th on one site and 10th in the SEC) means he knows he is outta of here( we hope). Maybe a new coach can turn around some of these decisions, it's obvious a good year sure isn't working.

Razorback_Z71

otis said Lee call him last night and said Kodi's decision would not affect his decision.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: razorpimp on November 09, 2006, 02:18:21 pm
Hmmm...

We have a Gatorade Player of the Year quarterback who is only a freshmen and a sophmore who is very capable.  It's pretty obvious he didn't want to compete against good quarterbacks.  Auburn should work out nicely for him.

I don't see what HDN would waste another scholorship on another "diva" Qb when we need those scholorships on defense.

We're only one injury and one transfer away from Robert Johnson again........Nutt has never been known for his depth.

Please explain depth....

depth - extra players on team to fill positions
depth - a high degree of such knowledge, insight, etc.

Yes.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

roothog

Quote from: jhawg on November 09, 2006, 02:19:03 pm

Casey Dick- Soph.
Mitch- FR
Mcfadden- Soph.
Felix- Soph
Damian- FR
Crawford- FR
Ben- FR

I think the future looks pretty bright.

Did you not get the memo, they are all leaving?
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIIEEE

HedgeDweller

Well, guys.... Had hoped we would get him, but it's not the end of the world.  We are pretty set at QB although we need a third on campus next year.
Even though he chose AU, he hasn't signed anything yet.  I say keep recruiting him, unless we already have another one in mind...

Marshfieldhog

Grit is a tool, I don't know how anyone subscribes to his newsletter.

501 Hog

I don't think Mustain will leave.  We need Ziemba more that Burns.  Unfortunately, he is prolly following KB to Auburn.  We'll survive though.

doo-ran

Quote from: dcrain on November 09, 2006, 02:18:00 pm

Agreed.
Agree but disagree. If anything, it also showed that Burns had a chance to play at AR that Houston isn't afraid to pull the "Chosen One" out of the game. I see it both ways. I'm not in favor of Nutt, but I see two points that were made at SC.

Hoop

Hmmm...

Uhhh.....Last I checked Nutt was still the head coach. It's his job to let Kodi know that he'll get a chance to play.
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

Razorback_Z71

kodi mentioned QB situations at both schools and Brandon Cox is a Jr.

hogfancb

pikehog

1. How many of you expected he would go to AU?

2. Will be be branded a traitor like MM was when it looked like he might go elsewhere? Why or why not?

Now talk amongst yourselves.

King-Tusk

Hmmm...

Almost every team out there is only one injury and one transfer away from being in trouble.  We just signed one of the best QB's in the country last year and have a sophomore QB who is once again showing his ability to play well.  But let's all get depressed because we didn't sign another running quarterback who would allow Nutt to completely squash the passing game.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

Hawgon

He is not a traitor.  I don't blame him a bit.

ahogintexas

What were the reason(s) he metion for his decision ?

razorhead69

pikehog

Agreed, I said that same thing about MM.

Let the kids go where they think they have the best chance, it's their life and their future.

I hate to say it buy I think Kodi will catch heat for it.

dcrain

Quote from: Bania on November 09, 2006, 02:21:49 pm
Hmmm...

Uhhh.....Last I checked Nutt was still the head coach. It's his job to let Kodi know that he'll get a chance to play.

Nutt has destroyed Gus' credibility in talking to recruits. They may believe Gus is being genuine, they just wouldn't believe he has the authority to run the offense.

SPAL

i say good luck, and next?

we gotta develop the spurrier 'tude....we are gonna win with or without you...id like to have ya, but we arent gonna look back.

artyhog

I never believed that he was coming to the Hill.  With Mitch adn Casey up ther, he would have a hard time getting any playing time.

Hog6

So what did Kodi say exactly?

hogfancb

Mitch Mustain is the QB.  Thats why!

Hawgballz

I will take that bet on Ziemba.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

HogFaninGA

November 09, 2006, 02:24:44 pm #83 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 02:28:03 pm by HogFaninGA
Quote from: hogfancb on November 09, 2006, 02:21:54 pm
Quote from: cbad on November 09, 2006, 02:08:54 pm
THANK YOU HDN.

HDN had nothing to do with it.  Blame MM.

People like you amaze me. HDN has been extremely poor as a coach and a recruiter, but some people give him every excuse in the book for being lousy at his job.  It is always someone else's fault, but never good ole HDN.  

HawgAlumn

2 good Qb's at Arkansas and folks blam Nutt because another QB decides to goto a School where he will be playing his 2nd year baring injury and with the starting QB gets injuried (say, like Dick did), he could play as a true freshman (aaaa, like Mustain has)..

Hogs really didn't need another QB this year, Soph and Freshman .. Most schools struggle to get 1 good QB with a ok backup, Hogs have 2 good QB's and one of those might, just might, turn into a real supper star by his senior year.

Good Luck Kodi.. Now I'll have to hear my wife rooting for ya when you play at Auburn.

Recruit some DEFENSIVE GUYS... that is what I'm ticked at Nutt's recrutiing for.. not getting some D guys... I guess Reggie should be blamed for that since he is the DC...

Donald Miller

Quote from: roothog on November 09, 2006, 02:17:11 pm
Don't be surprised, he has a better chance at Auburn anyway.  It would not have been a good decision for him to come to Arkansas.  I wish him the best and hope he does well, just not against us.

I agree, we are pretty set at the QB position. I really didn't figure we would go hot and heavy on the position this year. There are some defensive positions that need more filling than QB.
Not trying to start anything, but what happens if MM or CD transfers? Leaves you with what the starter, clark irwin and rojo, right?

razorpimp

Quote from: HogFaninGA on November 09, 2006, 02:24:44 pm
THANK YOU HDN.

People like you amaze me. HDN has been extremely poor as a coach and a recruiter, but some people give him every excuse in the book for being a lousy at his job.  It is always someone else's fault, but never good ole HDN.  

I just wonder what the huggers will say "IF" the Hogs lose to a mediocre Tennesse team by running the HDN "tecmo bowl" playbook.

razorhead69

HogFaninGA

Quote from: razorpimp on November 09, 2006, 02:26:12 pm
Quote from: HogFaninGA on November 09, 2006, 02:24:44 pm
THANK YOU HDN.

People like you amaze me. HDN has been extremely poor as a coach and a recruiter, but some people give him every excuse in the book for being a lousy at his job.  It is always someone else's fault, but never good ole HDN.  

I just wonder what the huggers will say "IF" the Hogs lose to a mediocre Tennesse team by running the HDN "tecmo bowl" playbook.

It certainly won't be HDN's fault. :)

Hawgballz

Stupidest comment of the day.  Kodi made this decision before his season started well before your quick trigger assumption.  If you don't know anything then don't say anything.

Zaff

Everyone wanted MM so bad (including me). Well folks this is the result of signing the best QB in the country last year. If all yall are in so much love with Mustain, then why do you care if Burns leaves. Dont get me wrong I would love to have him, but this is far from a disaster. From what I see, many of you are just using this as a way to bash Nutt yet again. Guess what? The players HE recruited are doing pretty damn good right now, so try to get excited for this weekend and not worry about what some 17 year kid decded to go to college. Additionally, recruiting is far from over, it is not like he signed a letter of intent. If TT goes elsewhere, don't you think it may play in his decision? There are plenty of good QB's out there that yould fit nicely into this system. Oh yeah, the "quick trigger" (which was a brilliant move btw) would show Kodi that the best player will play no matter what. That was not a factor in his decision. I wish him the best of luck if he ends up going there, now lets get ready for some actual football on Saturday!

Hawgballz

Quote from: Razorback_Z71 on November 09, 2006, 02:19:19 pm
otis said Lee call him last night and said Kodi's decision would not affect his decision.

Now that is the pure truth.

Landonhog

Quote from: King-Tusk on November 09, 2006, 02:22:14 pm
Hmmm...

Almost every team out there is only one injury and one transfer away from being in trouble.  We just signed one of the best QB's in the country last year and have a sophomore QB who is once again showing his ability to play well.  But let's all get depressed because we didn't sign another running quarterback who would allow Nutt to completely squash the passing game.

Exactly...

Settle down kids, it wasn't meant to be....  We all know, he made the right decision; considering the QB situation at both schools.

Try to imagine a little common sense...

King-Tusk

Quote from: Donald Miller on November 09, 2006, 02:25:57 pm
Quote from: roothog on November 09, 2006, 02:17:11 pm

Not trying to start anything, but what happens if MM or CD transfers? Leaves you with what the starter, clark irwin and rojo, right?

What happens if Casey gets hurt in practice today and Mitch gets hurt in the game on the first play?  Do you then blame HDN for not recruiting Tim Tebow so we would have a 3rd option?
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

razorpimp

Quote from: HawgBall06 on November 09, 2006, 02:27:07 pm

Stupidest comment of the day.  Kodi made this decision before his season started well before your quick trigger assumption.  If you don't know anything then don't say anything.

"HDN is the GREATEST COACH in AMERICA!!!"  Now I have overtaken the stupidest comment of the day!!!  YEAH!!!

WP razorback

I do not blame Kodi Burns for going to AU one bit.  I would have done the same thing if I was in his shoes. 

We have two good quarterbacks on campus that can play and run the offense with no problems. 

Kodi made the decision that was best for him and I personally think he made the right one.   

Side note:  How will this play into the recruitment of Lee Ziemba? Will the Hogs be able to get Ziemba on campus next fall or will he choose AU like Kodi?

Hawgballz

Quote from: 501 Hog on November 09, 2006, 02:21:03 pm
I don't think Mustain will leave.  We need Ziemba more that Burns.  Unfortunately, he is prolly following KB to Auburn.  We'll survive though.

Study more assume less.

Da Porker

Good luck Kodi - probably a wise decision with Cox being a jr and that should give you a year to adjust to college life/ball....

We are ok at QB...maybe too good - a lot of bickering on who belongs at the #1 spot...a high class problem....

Ziemba is a diff story...with the left side of the line departing, we need all the hosses we can get to fill those holes...

peace out and GO HOGS...
Go Hogs

artyhog

November 09, 2006, 02:31:42 pm #98 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 02:42:52 pm by artyhog
From the press conference by Kodi

"it is somewhere that the starting quarterback will be a senior when I get there"

He knew that he had 2 starters at Arkansas already.

Zaff

Quote from: dcrain on November 09, 2006, 02:24:04 pm
Quote from: Bania on November 09, 2006, 02:21:49 pm
Hmmm...

Nutt has destroyed Gus' credibility in talking to recruits. They may believe Gus is being genuine, they just wouldn't believe he has the authority to run the offense.
Of course it can't be the GREAT Gus Malzahn's fault, that would be impossible. What a joke some of you people can be.