Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Green to USC, Burns to Auburn, Pinalto to Texas....

Started by Marshfieldhog, November 09, 2006, 11:37:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshfieldhog

....Loucks to Texas Tech, Henry to Ole Miss, Ziemba to probably Auburn since he wants to play with Burns. These are all top 10 prospects from our state and 6 of them are heading elsewhere unless Nutt leaves and a new coach can circle the wagons and get some decommits. Add to this that we are having a great year and what the heck is the problem?????

pikehog

Marshfieldhog

Because most of these guys have committed elsewhere and we can't hire all their coaches which helped us avoid an instate recruiting disaster last year.

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 09, 2006, 11:40:44 am
Because most of these guys have committed elsewhere and we can't hire all their coaches which helped us avoid an instate recruiting disaster last year.

Sounds to me like you have a Prozac deficiency.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

searkhogfan

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 09, 2006, 11:37:58 am
....Loucks to Texas Tech, Henry to Ole Miss, Ziemba to probably Auburn since he wants to play with Burns. These are all top 10 prospects from our state and 6 of them are heading elsewhere unless Nutt leaves and a new coach can circle the wagons and get some decommits. Add to this that we are having a great year and what the heck is the problem?????

I remember similar threads last year.  That said Williams & Cleveland to Florida.  Mustain probably to Notre Dame.  Anyone remember how that worked out........... :razorback:

Marshfieldhog

Sounds like to me our instate recruiting is screwed!!!

pigture perfect

Snore, gasp, gasp, zzzzzzzzz..... Even with a verbal, wait til signing day.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TulsaHogFan

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Root Hog

Quote from: searkhogfan on November 09, 2006, 11:43:17 am

I remember similar threads last year.  That said Williams & Cleveland to Florida.  Mustain probably to Notre Dame.  Anyone remember how that worked out........... :razorback:

Yes.  I remember how that worked out.  We hired their COACH and landed them.  Whose coaches are we going to hire this year?

searkhogfan

Quote from: HoopHog on November 09, 2006, 11:44:33 am

It was that way until Malzahn became part of the staff and they all had optimism for the future.  Now Nutt has taken over the offense yet again and the optimism is wanning terribly.

Yeah we're 8-1,  Woe is me how'd we get this LOW.................... :'(

Chief Mac

Thanks to Gus.  No Gus = no Mustain, Williams, Cleveland, or Crawford.  How's that for a great recruiting class?

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

wishyjoshy

November 09, 2006, 11:50:06 am #12 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 11:51:45 am by JFen
You "ignorance is bliss" guys are in trouble.  Hoop is on thread and will drop a truth bomb on you followed by a missile intended to educate. 

We have 13 commitments.  How many are ranked?

And don't try to act like HDN had anything to do with getting Mitch, Damian, Ben, London, Andrew, Carlton, or Matt Hewitt for that matter.

Edit:

Nutt has effectively cut Warren, AR out of the recruiting plan for us, how long before Springdale, Fayetteville, Bentonville, and Rogers are feeling the same way as Warren?

The real Hogules

As I recall Jim Lindsey (through his puppet AD) forced Nutt to hire Gus Malzahn as his O.C. and that's what saved HDN's bacon in recruiting last year.
Is that correct?
I just don't see it working out that way this time around, do you?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The real Hogules

Quote from: searkhogfan on November 09, 2006, 11:48:26 am

It was that way until Malzahn became part of the staff and they all had optimism for the future.  Now Nutt has taken over the offense yet again and the optimism is wanning terribly.

Some people can't see the forrest for the trees!

pikehog

Yeah we hired their coach and they came to play for us.

Hawgfan23

Nutt has let 2 in state recievers go to Tennessee also.  With Shelley and Smith.
National Championship, 6 Final Fours, 9 Elite Eights, 14 Sweet Sixteen Appearances, 27 NCAA Bids, 93 First Team All-Conferences Selections -- 31 Conference Titles.

Tradition Speaks for Itself.

searkhogfan

Sounds like some of you are PISSED OFF that we're WINNING !!!!!!!!!!

Hoop

Quote from: searkhogfan on November 09, 2006, 11:55:37 am
IT'S BECAUSE WE ARE LOSING OUR TOP RECRUITS!!!
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

searkhogfan

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 09, 2006, 11:52:38 am

So,  Does the Forrest represent the Wins, or is it the TREES ? ? ? ? ? ?

jm

just another hate nutt thread

Albert Einswine

Give Houston a break!  His specialty isn't fence building,  it's T.O.P. baby! ;D
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

bigred7987

Chief Mac

Nope, we're enjoying the winning but looking to the future.  In case you were wondering, there will be more seasons after this.  Ya kinda gotta prepare for those in the course of winning this year.  That's what WINNING programs do.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

dcrain

Nutt's lies won't work this time. We will lose these guys and a lot of recruits from last year.

Richard_white

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on November 09, 2006, 12:03:22 pm

Nope, we're enjoying the winning but looking to the future.  In case you were wondering, there will be more seasons after this.  Ya kinda gotta prepare for those in the course of winning this year.  That's what WINNING programs do.

WPS

Chris

Huh?  Another season after this?  I thought it's more important to win now than in the future. (sarcasm)  The present sure does look better than the future.

PigPusher

I am not a darksider and usually am very optimistic. But what I saw last Saturday really alarmed me.  Nutt is not a good play caller and his strategy is usually really deficient. That is why I can look into the future as see big problems on the horizon. Why?  Nutt is showing a propensity to take over when he should let it alone.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

dcrain

WPS

Chris

Sure seems like this recruiting class will be ranked similar to all those "NCAA cloud" classes. Doesn't make a lot of sense, unless most of our coaches are not good recruiters.

EastexHawg

Don't worry.  We don't need no stinkin' recruits. 

BTW, how many more seasons will DMac and this O-line be together?  Eight? Ten?  Twelve?

If all else fails, I guess Nutt can hire Kodi's, Ziemba's, and Broderick's high school coaches as co-coordinators, along with Markuson.  It worked once, so why not this year, too?

It seems there may possibly be a vacancy at that position before too long, anyway...

Chief Mac

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 09, 2006, 12:11:01 pm

BTW, how many more seasons will DMac and this O-line be together?  Eight? Ten?  Twelve?

If all else fails, I guess Nutt can hire Kodi's, Ziemba's, and Broderick's high school coaches as co-coordinators, along with Markuson.  It worked once, so why not this year, too?

It seems there may possibly be a vacancy at that position before too long, anyway...

Nutt does more with less, hence his recruiting strategy (tongue planted firmly in cheek)

WPS

Chris

Chief Mac

Quote from: dcrain on November 09, 2006, 12:06:56 pm

WPS

Chris

Sure seems like this recruiting class will be ranked similar to all those "NCAA cloud" classes. Doesn't make a lot of sense, unless most of our coaches are not good recruiters.

We must be under another "cloud".  How else do you explain a substandard class at this point with the record we have?

WPS

Chris

Richard_white

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on November 09, 2006, 12:15:21 pm
Quote from: EastexHawg on November 09, 2006, 12:11:01 pm

Nutt does more with less, hence his recruiting strategy (tongue planted firmly in cheek)

WPS

Chris

Dale couldn't use that same ole excuse if we had a great recruiting class. 

The real Hogules

Quote from: searkhogfan on November 09, 2006, 11:57:40 am
Quote from: The real Hogules on November 09, 2006, 11:52:38 am

So,  Does the Forrest represent the Wins, or is it the TREES ? ? ? ? ? ?

Quote from: Richard_white on November 09, 2006, 12:04:53 pm

WPS

Chris

Huh?  Another season after this?  I thought it's more important to win now than in the future. (sarcasm)  The present sure does look better than the future.

No, the forrest is the future of our program and the trees are this ONE single year out of NINE, that Nutt huggers are pointing to like it's ALL that ever has or will matter!
Are fans like you so starved for a winning season you'd say the future of the program be darned?????
Where recruiting is concerned we are missing the boat on some MUST SIGN home grown talent and people are saying we're winning today so everything within the program simply must be fine and dandy........................................B.S!!!!!

doo-ran

razorpimp

NO, happy with winning, not happy with future losing...

And our fence looks about like the fence between the USA and Mexico

pigture perfect

I'm thankful that some of you guys post on here.

It keeps you from putting graffiti on railcars. ;D
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogpowr

Why don't you darkies hush up, at least until Nutt screws the pooch.  It schould happen soon right?  Then you can tell us "I told you so".  The sky is falling is so much more accurate after impact.
Welcome Coach Bielema!

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 09, 2006, 12:26:56 pm
I'm thankful that some of you guys post on here.

It keeps you from putting graffiti on railcars. ;D

Nice usage of dramatic irony there.

Honestly what is the purpose of posting all this junk and speculation except to anger, depress, or inflame? What GOOD do you hope to accomplish from this, if any?

hogman64

Nutt sucks.......he is probably the most hated  football coach in Razorback history and he deserves it.........our program would be better off if an interim coach was hired to finish the season.........

dcrain

Quote from: hogpowr on November 09, 2006, 12:29:08 pm
Why don't you darkies hush up, at least until Nutt screws the pooch.  It schould happen soon right?  Then you can tell us "I told you so".  The sky is falling is so much more accurate after impact.

But why not avoid getting hit in the first place?

RazorRedneck

I can't but feel that a lot of members on this board would love to see these recruits leave just so they have another round of ammo to shoot at Nutt.

hogman64

Quote from: RazorRedneck on November 09, 2006, 12:50:19 pm
I can't but feel that a lot of members on this board would love to see these recruits leave just so they have another round of ammo to shoot at Nutt.

No me...........I hope we get everyone of them, for the next coach........

HawgWild

Until they sign the dotted line it's never official.

dcrain

Quote from: Quick Trigger™ on November 09, 2006, 12:20:09 pm
I don't want to hear ANY complaints about our recruiting base if you won't sign the players we have.  These kids aren't in the corner of SE Arkansas and yes hogsanity they are SEC caliber players. 

What's the excuse now?

This year has more D1 quality recruits than I can ever remember and we are still having an average (or below) recruiting class. Fence door open my foot, it looks like there are cracks in the dike holding back the floodwaters.

Kevin n Hog Heaven

After 8 seasons of watching this mans coaching ability if I were a recruit I would know better than to come play for him. And if I didnt my parents for darn sure would. His promises are empty kids are much more informed these days.

onehogfan

Quote from: Bania on November 09, 2006, 11:57:12 am

it doesn't matter why you will find somethin else to be pissed about after this........

jamie72921

Quote from: onehogfan on November 09, 2006, 01:25:44 pm
Quote from: Bania on November 09, 2006, 11:57:12 am

it doesn't matter why you will find somethin else to be pissed about after this........

I guess you were happy the previous 2 seasons?

The more intelligent among us will always judge the entire body of work, while the less able are only able to see what is mashed before their faces.

Wait til next year, right!
Bless your heart

Hogeye_Pierce

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

Matthew 6:34 (KJV)