Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official LOUISVILLE VS RUTGERS Game Thread

Started by doo-ran, November 09, 2006, 09:40:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

doo-ran

Let's start with predictions:

Louisville 42
Rutgers   35

Although I like Louisville, I like the Hogs better. I have to think that Louisville will win although Rutgers needs to win to help our Hogs (although not much).

hogpowr

We need a Rut victory, it is possible.

Go Hogs Go!
Welcome Coach Bielema!

Puerco Diablo

Are we pulling for Rutgers???  To help the hogs?

doo-ran

Quote from: Puerco Diablo on November 09, 2006, 09:42:10 am
It's not much help but yes, a Rutgers victory would help over Louisville winning.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: doo-ran on November 09, 2006, 09:43:13 am
It's not much help but yes, a Rutgers victory would help over Louisville winning.

Louisville wins this one...

STRILE

Please let Rutgers win.  I think they can take a page from the hog playbook and run the ball down Lewisville's throat to keep the ball out of their hands.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

STRILE

"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

SemperHawg

I would rather Louisville beat the Scarlet Knight, then get upset by Pitt later.

Go Hogs Go...Beat the Vols!!!

jm

rutger
Quote from: doo-ran on November 09, 2006, 09:40:39 am
Let's start with predictions:

Louisville 42
Rutgers   35

Although I like Louisville, I like the Hogs better. I have to think that Louisville will win although Rutgers needs to win to help our Hogs (although not much).

s wins by 3

Sao Ming

I'm at work...what's the score?

Give me Rutgers.  Defense and LOU cannot stop the 3 yards and subesquent cloud of dust that results from aforementioned 3 yards.

STRILE

doo-ran

Quote from: SemperHawg on November 09, 2006, 09:50:30 am
I would rather Louisville beat the Scarlet Knight, then get upset by Pitt later.

Go Hogs Go...Beat the Vols!!!
That would be good too. Louisville is at Pitt this year. It could happen. Good point.

Inigo Montoya

IMAballHawg

If you live in Louisville and are a Hog fan send me a PM.   Local Razorback fans are organizing a watch party here in Louisville.

I didnt want to start a separate thread on the subject.

I hate to say it but I hope that Louisville LOSES because that will help the hogs.

Rutgers    27
Louisville  24
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

hoginator

Let's hope Rutgers wins tonight and W. Virginia beats Rutgers later...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

pi

November 09, 2006, 10:21:57 am #15 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:23:59 am by pi

NOT MUCH HELP?  I guess you didn't hear the BCS Commish say that a 1 loss team who won the SEC Championship would go if Louisville didn't...

dcrain

Go Rutgers. Just from the media standpoint, I would love to see Rutgers in a BCS bowl.

football17

Hog fans need to be pulling for Rutgers like crazy....need to eliminate another undefeated team... an undefeated Louisville team could stay ahead of a 1-loss UA.. an undefeated Rutgers won't

HawgAlumn

Quote from: pi on November 09, 2006, 10:21:57 am

NOT MUCH HELP?  I guess you didn't hear the BCS Commish say that a 1 loss team who won the SEC Championship would go if Louisville didn't...

I wonder how the BCS commish can say that when the BCS is a formula.  he doesn't know for sure if a 1 loss SEC team will go or a 1 loss ND or a 1 loss USC.. It will depend on the computer polls and the Human polls.
If the HOGS win out, they also have to get the Human polls to put them at #2 in order to even have a shot at playing in the NC game, then they still might not make it because of not being ranked at the start of the year..
If Auburn can go undefeated and get left out of the NCgame to a 1 loss team, then the Hogs can win the SEC, have 1 loss, and be left out this year .

for this game I'm pulling for Rutgers.. WVA wll then  beat Rutgers.. (although I'm pulling for Rutgers, I think Louisville will win).

doo-ran

Quote from: HawgAlumn on November 09, 2006, 10:29:21 am
Quote from: pi on November 09, 2006, 10:21:57 am

I wonder how the BCS commish can say that when the BCS is a formula.  he doesn't know for sure if a 1 loss SEC team will go or a 1 loss ND or a 1 loss USC.. It will depend on the computer polls and the Human polls.
If the HOGS win out, they also have to get the Human polls to put them at #2 in order to even have a shot at playing in the NC game, then they still might not make it because of not being ranked at the start of the year..
If Auburn can go undefeated and get left out of the NCgame to a 1 loss team, then the Hogs can win the SEC, have 1 loss, and be left out this year .

for this game I'm pulling for Rutgers.. WVA wll then  beat Rutgers.. (although I'm pulling for Rutgers, I think Louisville will win).

WVA and Rutgers might actually be a decent game to watch too. God, they all just need to lose.

Adrenaline_Junkie

doo-ran

Quote from: Adrenaline_Junkie on November 09, 2006, 11:04:43 am
dude Rutgers will get pummled
You are probably right...I watched Rutgers get pummled last year at Louisville (crazy night, scared the heck out of me) and I don't think the team has changed too much.

IMAballHawg

I will tell you this.  I live in Louisville and the whole atmosphere is nothing like it was last week for WV.
I dont know if the team is 'up' but the fan's certainly dont seem to be. 
Back to back "this is the most important game of the season" games seems to have taken some of the enthusiasm/hype out of the air.

Might bode well for Rutgers if Louisville is a bit 'down' right now.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

skinnypig

If any body gets cstv they showed the ticket line at rutgers it was  was crazy I me thousands people were freaking crowd surfing This is there biggest game ever at home

Knight by 3pts

HogNuttz

Overrated - 35
Overrated - 21

Figure that one out.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

doo-ran

pigture perfect

Louisville wull hang half a hunnerd on 'em. Jest see if'n they don't.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Sao Ming

I can tell some of you have not looked at this game very  mucha nd are going off of name alone.  Rutgers is the winner here.

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

KY Hog Man

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

doo-ran

Quote from: Sao Ming on November 09, 2006, 11:35:49 am
I can tell some of you have not looked at this game very  mucha nd are going off of name alone.  Rutgers is the winner here.
I've looked at this game plenty. I follow Louisville pretty closely and while it may be one heck of a challenge, I think Louisville will still win. Of course, I do have doubt...without Bush Louisville is not quite as potent.

ste4236

It was my Cardinals vs. MY Mountaineers last week. It was tough because I root for both teams always, but I really like WV more. I hope Louisville can defeat the University of New Jersey  :P, my hometown team.

"Cajun King"

Student at Colorado State University

doo-ran

razorbackfan4life

King-Tusk

Cards-58
Knights-61

Let's see which teams defense holds the best.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

rockinhoguca

Quote from: hogpowr on November 09, 2006, 09:41:35 am
We need a Rut victory, it is possible.

Go Hogs Go!
Go Knights! Hope Ray Rice goes McFadden on their arses 200+.

doo-ran

Rome says he doesn't see how Louisville could win the NC without a defense.

doo-ran

NuttinItUp

Sao Ming

November 09, 2006, 05:57:45 pm #40 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 06:41:46 pm by Sao Ming
Quote from: doo-ran on November 09, 2006, 12:01:54 pm
Quote from: Sao Ming on November 09, 2006, 11:35:49 am
I've looked at this game plenty. I follow Louisville pretty closely and while it may be one heck of a challenge, I think Louisville will still win. Of course, I do have doubt...without Bush Louisville is not quite as potent.

I exclude you then...I think your score may be a little high but nonetheless the score will be close.  For those predicting a LOU blowout however?  I just don't see it.  Defense/home crowd/LOU hangover/RU rushing will rule the night.  Will be back later to eat words if needed! ! !

hogfan13

doo-ran

What did the line end up being on this game? Anyone????

Table Rocker

i think louisville by 7......did you guys see the 110 year old rutgers alum singing the fight song. he was class of 1917!!!!!

doo-ran

doo-ran

Quote from: Table Rocker on November 09, 2006, 06:42:57 pm
i think louisville by 7......did you guys see the 110 year old rutgers alum singing the fight song. he was class of 1917!!!!!
I caught that, I thought he was their starting QB. ;)

Sao Ming

Does anyone know what Conference the officials are from in this game tonight?

Wait, if they are both Big East I guess Big east.  Confirm for me?

doo-ran

Quote from: Sao Ming on November 09, 2006, 06:44:16 pm
Does anyone know what Conference the officials are from in this game tonight?

Wait, if they are both Big East I guess Big east.  Confirm for me?
Hmm...let me get back to you on that... ;)

doo-ran

Table Rocker