Previous topic - Next topic

Who will Burns sign with today?

Arkansas
191 (42.4%)
Auburn
260 (57.6%)

Total Members Voted: 418

Razorbacks#1

Hog all the way. JMO. We'll see tomorrow. And why wouldn't Ziemba come here also. He can start immediately.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

pissedhogfan

Quote from: ScottFaldon on November 08, 2006, 09:53:08 pm
Quote from: pork-e-pine on November 08, 2006, 09:51:42 pm
Quote from: hog_fan on November 08, 2006, 09:50:07 pm
Is it just me or does anyone else think it is disrespectful to hold a press conference with Arkansas media and announce for Auburn? If he wants to leave fine, but why not go the Bartley Webb route? Although he left, he did it in a simple note to the media. I expect LZ to announce in December he is Auburn bound to. He is waiting to the playoffs are over.

This is what gives me hope.  This would be a completely assinine thing to do if you were going to anounce for auburn.

Why? The media is interested in it because he's a hometown kid.

Because the minute you announce that you are going out of state, you are no longer a hometown kid, just a fact.

Go Hogs!

hog_fan

Aleast he is announcing now so we can go get another QB. Never really like it when put all our faith in one guy. Did it like Mitch and almost backfired on us. To me itm is to risky to go all out for one and only one guy.

pork-e-pine

Quote from: hogapalooza on November 08, 2006, 09:56:25 pm
Kodi deserves as much attention as any1 else has got in the past. He has brough a lot of Good attention to the State of Ar and continued to raise the thoughts of how good Ar High School football is. 

It is just not classy to invite all the press to anounce that you are going to auburn.  If MM had anounced he was going to texas at his presconference I would have thought it was tacky.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

hog_fan

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on November 08, 2006, 09:55:59 pm
Hog all the way. JMO. We'll see tomorrow. And why wouldn't Ziemba come here also. He can start immediately.

A few people with sources have said Auburn.

Razorbacks#1

I think (JMO) that Auburn has locked up Stephen Garcia and is no longer in the hunt for KB.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

SuperHog

Burns will announce by calling the Hogs.  Look for LZ to do the same after the playoffs.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

JoyDivision

Quote from: hog_fan on November 08, 2006, 09:59:04 pm

They don't have sources. They just like to pretend they do so they can feel important behind their keyboard.

excoach

So if Kodi goes to Auburn then Zembia goes too? they said they would go to the same school.

Cresthog

Quote from: SuperHog on November 08, 2006, 10:03:02 pm
Burns will announce by calling the Hogs.  Look for LZ to do the same after the playoffs.

I hope so but all signs point to Auburn right now.

cubbie

One thing is for sure, no one knows what is going to happen tomorrow at 2.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

Razorbacks#1

November 08, 2006, 10:11:39 pm #61 Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 10:16:05 pm by Razorbacks#1
Quote from: JoyDivision on November 08, 2006, 10:03:30 pm

From JoyDivision
They don't have sources. They just like to pretend they do so they can feel important behind their keyboard.

I agree. I don't have sources and never said I did. I have stated in my previous posts that it was "Just My Opinion," based on what I have read on the internet and various sources. Now you accuse of me of trying to feel important behind a key board. The only important thing I feel about the Hogs is that we win, and I live and die it everyday. So if you don't know me personally, how can you make that statement. You must be the physco anaylist of message board readers and posters. Good for you.

THUNDER!

Flatline

People don't get your hopes up and if he choices against your wishes don't trash him.

DoubleJ

A lot of people say they have sources and it never pans out.  But I have found that when Woo Pig Stewie says something, it tends to happen. 

Satellite39

I find it hard to believe with all the hoopla going on right now [Gameday, Big Game Looming, Winning Streak] that a big-time recruit would choose this time when Razorback excitement is at its peak to announce that he is going out of state.  I'd be surprised he would make such an announcement and deflate the air out of everyone a little bit. 

If he were going to Auburn I would suspect he would wait until the Hogs season is over to announce.  Maybe Its just wishful thinking on my part....

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: DoubleJ on November 08, 2006, 10:17:09 pm

A lot of people say they have sources and it never pans out.  But I have found that when Woo Pig Stewie says something, it tends to happen. 

Who said they had sources? Where in this thread does it say "sources" other than replies. Have I missed something! Please posters, help me out here.

THUNDER!

DoubleJ

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on November 08, 2006, 10:20:18 pm
Quote from: DoubleJ on November 08, 2006, 10:17:09 pm

Who said they had sources? Where in this thread does it say "sources" other than replies. Have I missed something! Please posters, help me out here.

Might be on the thread in the recruiting forum.

Razorbacks#1

The previous question applies to this QUOTE. which  included me.

THUNDER!

DoubleJ

Quote from: Satellite39 on November 08, 2006, 10:19:23 pm
I find it hard to believe with all the hoopla going on right now [Gameday, Big Game Looming, Winning Streak] that a big-time recruit would choose this time when Razorback excitement is at its peak to announce that he is going out of state.  I'd be surprised he would make such an announcement and deflate the air out of everyone a little bit. 

If he were going to Auburn I would suspect he would wait until the Hogs season is over to announce.  Maybe Its just wishful thinking on my part....

It's not about the Razorback excitement.  He has decided where to go, and his high school season is over, so it is just as good a time for him as any.  Wherever he goes, I'll be rooting for him until he plays the Hogs.

Razorbacks#1

Again, to JoyDivision, where in my posts is it that I stated I had sources? Your'e answer please. And while your at it, give me the skinny on being behind a keyboard. You sound like your'e in the know what your'e talking about. Please share your knowledge. Maybe I am missing something. GO Hogs!

THUNDER!

TouchdownRazrbcks

The only thing that makes since about the Ann. is if he is going to AU then TT asked him to do this to try and get our focus off TN....Just thinking

The reason I say he is a hog, well it dont matter, but I hear its the Hogs...Maybe wrong but I think he is on the hill next year...

Calling All Hogs

Didn't we all learn last year that where a kid says he is going in November has very little bearing on where he
actually goes come February? There ain't no early signing period in football.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on November 08, 2006, 10:29:52 pm
Again, to JoyDivision, where in my posts is it that I stated I had sources? Your'e answer please. And while your at it, give me the skinny on being behind a keyboard. You sound like your'e in the know what your'e talking about. Please share your knowledge. Maybe I am missing something. GO Hogs!

Again I ask, sorry thread readers, but this goes back to credibilty. JoeDivision has stated that I have sources, which I never stated I had, only my opinion, however he has lumped me in with all these other rumor starters along with some other behind the key board language. So, hopefully, he will respond to his post. Imaterial to thread readers, yes. To me, no way in hell.

THUNDER!

chiefsfan

i want Kodi to go to Arkansas because I dont want Arkansas recruiting Cody Kirby, so ASU can nab the guy.

At the same time, From reading the Auburn boards and here,  and from the few I have heard from, it is my firm belief that he will sign with Auburn.   Now it would be great if he signs with the hogs, and Id love to be wrong.  But im not keeping my hopes up

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

JoyDivision

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on November 08, 2006, 10:29:52 pm

I wasn't referring to you at all.  Did you ever say you had a source? I didn't even respond to you to begin with.

pi

The thread should be called "Bad news on Kodi Burns"

Hawgz4Life

As long as he doesn't pick up the Hog cap and then put it down and then put on the Auburn cap, I'll be okay if he goes to play for Whore Eagle. Man, that cheezed me off so bad during the AAS game last year when those kids were announcing their intentions and did that lame shiite.

krazie.joe

This is one I don't have a really good feeling about, but then again I didn't have a good feeling about Mitch Mustain after he decommited last year. I wish him the best either way.. but moreso if he becomes a hog.

Hoggy Potter

For what it's worth...Otis said Auburn in the Demozette this morning.
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

Tomhog™

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on November 08, 2006, 04:46:23 pm
Okay, I am going to ask a question.

When was the last time a kid called a press conference to announce his college choice and chose to go out of state?

It doesn't happen. Since he is calling a Press Conference, he is going instate. That is my belief. I am just going with history on this one. /shrug I may be eating crow tomorrow though

Wasn't it Brett Smith that had a press conference announcing to go to TENN?

sowsmilk

Good luck to Kodi wherever he ends up. - Great arm, great young man.

HogFaninGA

This shouldn't come as a surprise.  There has been many indicators lately that he was going to Auburn.  He most likely has a better chance to play there faster plus the fact that HDN and his staff isn't that good at recruiting. The only surprise to me is that he wouldn't take his official visit to AU and declare there.  I'm sure he has his reasons.  I wish the young man the best of luck except when he plays AR.

SteelShot

I am sure that Otis will give a glowing endorsement tomorrow if he commits to Auburn.  He will say that we didnt need him anyway and that he is overrated.  Otis may also throw in that no school can keep all its in state athletes and Arkansas high school football is getting so big that its unrealistic for fans to expect that. 

When in reality, Burns is a class kid, and great athlete, and Otis is a joke. 
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

sowsmilk

If he goes to Aubarn, I can't say I would blame him. Would you? Dick and Mustain in front of you?

strawhog

and Houston and his itchy trigger finger

dcrain

Quote from: Wooisme on November 08, 2006, 06:33:07 pm
Maybe Cody has called the press conference in order to read an excerpt from his copy of "The Year of the Dog".

Chapter VIII 
Recruiting: Lies, darned Lies, & Houston Dale Nutt

+1

dcrain

Quote from: SteelShot on November 09, 2006, 08:04:00 am
I am sure that Otis will give a glowing endorsement tomorrow if he commits to Auburn.  He will say that we didnt need him anyway and that he is overrated.  Otis may also throw in that no school can keep all its in state athletes and Arkansas high school football is getting so big that its unrealistic for fans to expect that. 

When in reality, Burns is a class kid, and great athlete, and Otis is a joke. 

It certainly appears that Otis reads these message boards too. If you remember when JA dropped us from his list, Otis was kinder, gentler, at least for him. Otis has been exposed and he will have to work a little harder to promote Nutt's agenda. It will be hard to attack LZ for any reason.

ahogintexas

IMHO, and could be wrong... I think the nail in the coffin for ARK was NUTT pulling the stunt in SC and his 'quick finger', and not letting MM redeem himself. No QB, obviously him being one, wants to be put in that position and embarrassed on national TV like that. Also, with all the rumors floating around regarding year end departures and stayings, I bet he could not get a solid confirmation or denial, so he did not want to take a chance. 

strawhog

Quote from: Quick Trigger™ on November 09, 2006, 08:12:49 am
Quote from: strawhog on November 09, 2006, 08:09:35 am
and Houston and his itchy trigger finger

Did someone say trigger finger?  ;D

Would you be referring to his quick trigger?
you called it

HogBaptist

i could really care less where he goes...i've been watching him for a couple of years and am not impressed with him.  i hope he makes me eat my words, but he just didn't look like a solid passer.  also his team was not that good this year.  yes he didn't have anyone around him, but a QB can make up for some of that.  Especially one that is supposed to be as touted as he is.  Good luck to him wherever he goes. 

Hogwild07

November 09, 2006, 08:37:07 am #91 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 08:38:47 am by Hogwild07
Considering that he is taking an official visit this weekend to the Auburn v. Georgia game, it is pretty much a dead give away that he's signing with the Tigers.  I know people take official visits to other schools even after that have committed, but I just think it is highly unlikely that he would do that 2 days after he committed to, say, Arkansas.

Correction: I didn't mean to say sign....i meant committ

texhog

Tusk-n-Porker

Thats right, I just got the story and HDN screwed the pooch on this one.  Kodi is going to Auburn and it is because of the mess on the hill.  One reason I got is that HDN is calling the plays, my source, whom I would reveal to an admin, is very reliable and he tells me that despite the winning, HDN is not letting Gus call plays.  Example, 3rd and 14 or whatever it was at SC when D-mac scored, Gus wanted to throw it, HDN said "We are not going to do that right now".  I know people probably don't care who calls the plays as long as we win, but HS kids with talent want to play where the ball is being thrown, high intesity spread style.  So that is the main reason we lost Burns, no HUNH offense, no Kodi, he does not want to hand the ball to D-mac 30 times a game.  Good Luck to him at Auburn.
"Heart and effort are overated, talent wins 99% of football games"

Whole Hog Half Ham ARKANSAS by Damn!!!!

SoonerSooie

Okay, I know that we are in an uphill battle for Burns. I am somewhat doubtful that we actually get him, since he is announcing and then travelling to Auburn. That simply does not bode well for us, in my view.
Nonetheless, I was wondering.
1.) The Hogs are playing the biggest game of the last who knows how many years. (On a negative note, if he was coming here, why wouldn't he want to be a part of that atmostphere???)
2.) Game Day is on the Hill for the first time, ever! It is going to be crazy!
3.) Speculation: is it possible that Burns has decided to announce today, for the Hogs, so that the Game Day crew will be able to make that announcement to the nation wide audience, thus enhancing the positive impact on the program?

I sure do hope that this is the case, but, like I said, it sure does not look good that he is by-passing the fantastic atmostphere that will be on the Hill, to travel to the plains.

PAHOGFAN

HogISH™

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

Tusk-n-Porker

No I was told by someone who knows its Auburn
"Heart and effort are overated, talent wins 99% of football games"

Whole Hog Half Ham ARKANSAS by Damn!!!!

PIGskin Pride

Wow, I hope you got some bad info...  But, I can certainly see Kodi's problem. 

Peace,
PIGskin

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Duju on November 09, 2006, 08:49:13 am
My wife teaches at Northside High and she emailed a few minutes ago to say that Kodi is there today and wearing red!  This could be because he supports his high school colors or wants to be a Hog!  I'm hoping for the Hogs!

He's wearing Rutgers red.