Previous topic - Next topic

Who will Burns sign with today?

Arkansas
191 (42.4%)
Auburn
260 (57.6%)

Total Members Voted: 418

hogpowr

My man cancels trip to the plains, commits to the Hogs, watches the BIG game on the Hill.  Easy to see this coming.

Go Hogs Go!
Welcome Coach Bielema!

illuzionz14

The stage is set for him to commit to the Hogs.  He will commit to us and cancel his Auburn visit. 

3kgthog

Is it really going to surprise anyone if Burns goes to AU? Houston Nutt and most of his staff can't recruit their way out of a wet paper bag. So congrats Auburn on getting Burns and probably Ziemba in a few weeks.

onehogfan

i hope young mister burns success and hope he makes us proud.

i will pull for him wherever he goes, unless they are playing arkansas...

dhornjr1

There's simply nothing we can do about this. If he wants to be a Hog, great. If he wants to go to Auburn, then I can't really blame him.

Pork Twain

Blah, blah, blah...  HDN and staff cannot recruit any good players, but the ones that they have should win the SEC West, go undefeated in the SEC and play in the SEC CG???  DO you see how retarded this sounds???  He can't recruit but he should be able to win it all with the players he has.  Make up your freakin' mind...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

dcrain

Quote from: Tusk-n-Porker on November 09, 2006, 08:40:47 am
Thats right, I just got the story and HDN screwed the pooch on this one.  Kodi is going to Auburn and it is because of the mess on the hill.  One reason I got is that HDN is calling the plays, my source, whom I would reveal to an admin, is very reliable and he tells me that despite the winning, HDN is not letting Gus call plays.  Example, 3rd and 14 or whatever it was at SC when D-mac scored, Gus wanted to throw it, HDN said "We are not going to do that right now".  I know people probably don't care who calls the plays as long as we win, but HS kids with talent want to play where the ball is being thrown, high intesity spread style.  So that is the main reason we lost Burns, no HUNH offense, no Kodi, he does not want to hand the ball to D-mac 30 times a game.  Good Luck to him at Auburn.

Ditto. Gus' offense is like walking into an ice cream store that has 1,000 different flavors. Nutt's offense is like walking up to a stand that only offers  vanilla.

razorpimp

November 09, 2006, 09:05:21 am #107 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 09:14:40 am by razorpimp
Quote from: HogISH™ on November 09, 2006, 08:41:57 am
tulsa

HogISH

I thought it was NorthArk Community College

razorpimp

Quote from: dcrain on November 09, 2006, 09:04:46 am
Thats right, I just got the story and HDN screwed the pooch on this one.  Kodi is going to Auburn and it is because of the mess on the hill.  One reason I got is that HDN is calling the plays, my source, whom I would reveal to an admin, is very reliable and he tells me that despite the winning, HDN is not letting Gus call plays.  Example, 3rd and 14 or whatever it was at SC when D-mac scored, Gus wanted to throw it, HDN said "We are not going to do that right now".  I know people probably don't care who calls the plays as long as we win, but HS kids with talent want to play where the ball is being thrown, high intesity spread style.  So that is the main reason we lost Burns, no HUNH offense, no Kodi, he does not want to hand the ball to D-mac 30 times a game.  Good Luck to him at Auburn.

Ditto. Gus' offense is like walking into an ice cream store that has 1,000 different flavors. Nutt's offense is like walking up to a stand that only offers  vanilla.

And its not even good vanilla, it is Sam's Choice Vanilla

dcrain

November 09, 2006, 09:08:26 am #109 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 09:17:45 am by KEYS
He is the only quarterback we offered. Now we will be way behind the curve in recruiting any other highly rated quarterback. Does anyone know if LZ is close to Cody. Since it appears that he will probably be our next offer, maybe this will help us with LZ.

PigPusher

Quote from: Hoggy Potter on November 09, 2006, 07:15:36 am
For what it's worth...Otis said Auburn in the Demozette this morning.

Don't believe he said that.  He did say, "Sources say."
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

HoggyWood

Why must every thread turn into a HDN sucks thread? I've always considered myself a darksider, but this is getting old and tired.

gg41

My inside sources tell me that Kodi is deciding whether or not to eat a turkey sandwich or a PB&J for lunch today.  I really, really hope he chooses the turkey.

hawgtime

Quote from: hogpowr on November 09, 2006, 08:54:16 am
My man cancels trip to the plains, commits to the Hogs, watches the BIG game on the Hill.  Easy to see this coming.

Go Hogs Go!

this would be GREAT!

go hogs go

501 Hog

Even if he goes to Auburn, which I hope he doesn't, we will be fine.  The big loss would be Ziemba.  We need a big O line guy like that.  He's a freak.  We'll be ok with CD and MM, we can get one next year and red shirt him.  The real scare is who is going to replace DMAC after he goes pro next year?

TouchdownRazrbcks

doo-ran

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on November 09, 2006, 08:52:29 am
Quote from: Duju on November 09, 2006, 08:49:13 am
My wife teaches at Northside High and she emailed a few minutes ago to say that Kodi is there today and wearing red!  This could be because he supports his high school colors or wants to be a Hog!  I'm hoping for the Hogs!

He's wearing Rutgers red.  
Oh God help us!  :)

Tusk-n-Porker

November 09, 2006, 09:16:27 am #117 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 09:18:17 am by KEYS
His team lost 5 guys on defense midway through the season, he had to play both ways, he is a QB and will be one in college, We should care, he is a phenomanal athlete that we will be playing against in the future.  
"Heart and effort are overated, talent wins 99% of football games"

Whole Hog Half Ham ARKANSAS by Damn!!!!

razorpimp

November 09, 2006, 09:16:51 am #118 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 09:18:36 am by KEYS
Burns is bada$$, he will go to Auburn, be their starting QB, and hand it to us every year he plays.  I saw Northside play with Matt Jones and he is a black Matt Jones with a much better arm.

Le Hogtre

Pass vs run stats from secsports.com

Auburn - 37 rushes per game and 23.5 passes per game
Arkansas - 38.4 rushes per game and 21.1 passes per game

Burns may very well go to Auburn but it won't be becuase of their wide open attack vs. our supposedly "vanilla" offense.

Tusk-n-Porker

yeah, check out their QB situation.  Looks good for Kodi at AU. 
"Heart and effort are overated, talent wins 99% of football games"

Whole Hog Half Ham ARKANSAS by Damn!!!!

cubbie

He's going to Arkansas Tech. he love the Green and Gold.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

lokopig

Put yourself in Kodi's shoes.
- Casey is proving what a great QB he might be now and how great he could become.
- Mitch will be what we all thought he would be, just give him more seasoning.
- This sets up one heck of a QB battle next spring and fall...Kodi would come in as #3.
- If Casey wins the spot, that possibly makes him THE MAN through the '08-09 season.
- Mitch will have a lot to say about the previous statement but he could possibly be THE MAN through '09-'10.(Unless he leaves for the NFL)
- That leaves Kodi two years if he redshirts next year, one if he doesn't to be THE MAN.
- Auburn has junior Brandon Cox and no real Blue Chipper behind him. Either Kodi could redshirt next year there and be THE MAN for four years or back-up next year and have three years.

Unless the Hog coaches are planning to use the system Georgia used with Greene and Shockley, why would Kodi choose us?

I agree with what Mike said on Press Row this morning, Kodi is and always be from Arkansas and we should support Kodi in whatever decision he makes.

Nashville Fan

Gonna be a long day for AU. GA will at least beat the spread if not win the game IMO.
Pittman or Bust!

RazorRedneck

Does anyone think that an in state recruit is going to make a public on air announcement to attend an out of state school.  I don't think he would do that, I may be wrong but I think the young man would sign to play for Auburn quietly and then move on.

roothog

I wish he had one more year of high school. I think having Casey and Mitch on campus as Junior and Sophomore next year is a deterrent.
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIIEEE

Calling All Hogs

I heard Gus made a big impression on Kodi. So big Kodi wants to be just like Gus so Kodi will be committing to
Henderson State U today and will start a career coaching high school football. I got that from someone who has
actually been to a Springdale High School football game as recent as last year. Sounds reliable!  :P

STRILE

I think he is coming to the hill.  And if he doesn't it's his loss because the greatest run in Hog history is just beginning.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

dcrain

Quote from: Le Hogtre on November 09, 2006, 09:20:54 am

Burns may very well go to Auburn but it won't be becuase of their wide open attack vs. our supposedly "vanilla" offense.

The problem with the stats, is you are counting the plays when Gus had some input.

pi

November 09, 2006, 09:33:26 am #129 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:38:26 am by HogISH™
NM.

Hawgballz

November 09, 2006, 09:34:48 am #130 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 09:39:09 am by HawgBall06
Quote from: razorpimp on November 09, 2006, 09:06:13 am
Quote from: dcrain on November 09, 2006, 09:04:46 am

And its not even good vanilla, it is Sam's Choice Vanilla

If you don't know the reasons that Kodi used to make this decision (and you don't because Kodi made this decision before what you are talking about occurred) then you should not try to further your agenda by proposing that you know it was because of who is play calling.  

BTW, I really hope something has happened to make Kodi say he has changed his mind and is going to run through the A on the hill next fall.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

razorpimp

Quote from: pi on November 09, 2006, 09:33:26 am

Kodi will ride pine his whole carreer at Auburn.  He is the ROJO for Northern Alabama.  His style doesn't fit there, but they might bring him in for gadgetry.

Don't be concerned.  I saw him get owned many times this year.  I NEVER saw MM get owned--not once.

Do you remember Jason Campbell?  He could move and had an arm......

311Hog

IMHO choosing a school should never be based on the type of Theorycraft you just explained.  Picking the school because of some "percieved" playing time advantage makes no sense to me. What if Auburn signs a top 5 blue chip in 2008? Then Kodi loses out to that person and spends the rest of his career on the pine, etc etc play time shouldnt really matter, because if you are the best you will play in most examples.

Im not arguing for or against him going to Auburn over Arkansas, but if it were me i would choose the Hogs, based on a few things.

1. Hog program on the rise
2. Hog offense for the most part is far superior to Auburn's in that Aubbie really needs to sign some hi powered tailbacks, and i havent seen it so far this year.
3. It is my personal opinion that Aubbie will have a few sub par years in its future, i rather be a home town hero for the resurgence, then get barried on the roster or worse yet be a RS freshman starter on a team with no tailback depth, and be forced to put it up all the time or run with it and get hammered.

Where ever he goes its his choice, and part of being a man is making choices and sticking to them. Best of luck but to those that think he will "kill" us if he plays for Aubbie i do not believe that.

311Hog

Quote from: razorpimp on November 09, 2006, 09:36:07 am

Kodi will ride pine his whole carreer at Auburn.  He is the ROJO for Northern Alabama.  His style doesn't fit there, but they might bring him in for gadgetry.

Don't be concerned.  I saw him get owned many times this year.  I NEVER saw MM get owned--not once.

Do you remember why Jason Campbell was any good? Here are some hints, Ronnie Brown, C. Williams, that WR with the crazy name. As Kodi has found out this year if you are the only good player on your team, it makes for a long season.

Le Hogtre

Quote from: dcrain on November 09, 2006, 09:31:27 am
Quote from: Le Hogtre on November 09, 2006, 09:20:54 am

The problem with the stats, is you are counting the plays when Gus had some input.

If you are assuming that HDN called the plays in the USC-E game, Casey Dick passed for the most yards this year during that game.

pi

Quote from: lokopig on November 09, 2006, 09:26:09 am
- That leaves Kodi two years if he redshirts next year, one if he doesn't to be THE MAN.
- Auburn has junior Brandon Cox and no real Blue Chipper behind him. Either Kodi could redshirt next year there and be THE MAN for four years or back-up next year and have three years.

Kodi is barely THE MAN this year on his own high school team.  He has sparkled at times during his carreer, but I hope he remembers what it's like to have Arkansas beat his poor Aubbie's ass.  He'll see it the next few years.

STRILE

"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

razorpimp

Quote from: 311Hog on November 09, 2006, 09:41:28 am

Do you remember why Jason Campbell was any good? Here are some hints, Ronnie Brown, C. Williams, that WR with the crazy name. As Kodi has found out this year if you are the only good player on your team, it makes for a long season.

Same argument could be made for Mitch Mustain, he was only good in HS because he was surrounded by good players..........Campbell was a good QB no matter what you try and argue, look at his senior year stats.

dudelove

At least he didn't send us a letter of intent signed, "NO"....

STRILE

hogman64

Quote from: machog23 on November 09, 2006, 09:11:29 am
Why must every thread turn into a HDN sucks thread? I've always considered myself a darksider, but this is getting old and tired.

Because he is probably the most hated coach in Razorback history and he does in fact suck as a head coach............It is just hard for people to resist........You are right it does get old......but you did ask why it happens....

311Hog

Quote from: razorpimp on November 09, 2006, 09:49:06 am

Same argument could be made for Mitch Mustain, he was only good in HS because he was surrounded by good players..........Campbell was a good QB no matter what you try and argue, look at his senior year stats.

You missed my point, i never said Campbell wasnt "good" but he isnt "the man". I promise you without the 3 NFL 1st rounders he had to give the ball to I would bet you money that Campbell isnt even in the NFL now.

Thats my point, i know i dont know without a doubt, but as i survey Auburn's roster and possible future roster no skill position guys stand out to me. That is my point if Kodi goes there who will he have to give the ball to? my prediction is the offensive production will fall square on his back from the jump with no one to run the ball or throw the ball to, to get the pressure off.

That isnt the case here, the Hogs have TONS of skill position talent for years to come.

LRCentralTiger

STRILE

razorpimp

Quote from: 311Hog on November 09, 2006, 09:54:34 am
Quote from: razorpimp on November 09, 2006, 09:49:06 am

You missed my point, i never said Campbell wasnt "good" but he isnt "the man". I promise you without the 3 NFL 1st rounders he had to give the ball to I would bet you money that Campbell isnt even in the NFL now.

Thats my point, i know i dont know without a doubt, but as i survey Auburn's roster and possible future roster no skill position guys stand out to me. That is my point if Kodi goes there who will he have to give the ball to? my prediction is the offensive production will fall square on his back from the jump with no one to run the ball or throw the ball to, to get the pressure off.

That isnt the case here, the Hogs have TONS of skill position talent for years to come.

But it is Auburn........they are not like the Hogs.  They will reload, when Kenny Irons is gone, they will just put another good/great RB in his place.....

It is just ridiculous that people say he isn't any good, got owned, blah, blah.....when there is a chance he will go to Auburn.  But if he decides to go to the UofA, then he will be great again..."did you see his arm", "he is fast"....but right now he is "overrated", "WR material", "will struggle"....it is just funny how fickle people are....

c-hog

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. If he doesn't pick PB&J, then we don't want him. ;D

STRILE

STRILE

doo-ran

Quote from: strawhog on November 09, 2006, 08:09:35 am
and Houston and his itchy trigger finger
Old Chinese Proverb: Man who go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with stinky finger.
New Chinese Proverb: Man with itchy finger should not....(you finish it).

doo-ran

Quote from: gg41 on November 09, 2006, 09:11:48 am
My inside sources tell me that Kodi is deciding whether or not to eat a turkey sandwich or a PB&J for lunch today.  I really, really hope he chooses the turkey.
That's a darn good first post...they'll love you in the Tavern!