Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns ready to announce

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 08, 2006, 02:10:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaHog

Quote from: HogPharmD on November 08, 2006, 04:26:59 pm
Tubby is on the plane headed here per Auburn. Will be here in Arkansas for the next 22 hours and the talk is that Kodi has not cancelled his visit for this weekend to Auburn.

He's going to miss two days practice and prep work for Georgia??

I find that hard to believe. 

slimswiney

oh, the orchard walls are high and hard to part...

The Coletrain

Why would he announce for Auburn before he goes on his trip?  My thought is he will be a Hog, cancel his trip, and live it up this weekend in the Gameday atmosphere.  Who wants to leave and go watch another team play the week Gameday's on campus??  I think he's a Hog, baby!!
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

cubbie

Thats the thing we dont know if he is still going down the Auburn this weekend. I guess we will find out at 2 on thursday.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: marcus79 on November 08, 2006, 04:16:10 pm
I have it on good authority from a close blood relative of Kodi's that he his going to Auburn, now this was several weeks ago so things could have changed, but I doubt it.

Why should this change.
If I was a top freshman QB looking at this school and another, I would pick the other.
After watching HDN jerk a 7-0 freshman after one pass, I would want none of his crap.
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

Beaverfever

Quote from: cbad on November 08, 2006, 04:41:03 pm
I have it on good authority from a close blood relative of Kodi's that he his going to Auburn, now this was several weeks ago so things could have changed, but I doubt it.

Why should this change.
If I was a top freshman QB looking at this school and another, I would pick the other.
After watching HDN jerk a 7-0 freshman after one pass, I would want none of his crap.
Some of ya'll are funny, Dick played 10 times as well as Mustain has played all year.

HoggusMaximus

he's gotta be a hog, then we have 3 awesome QB's Mitch will be much better next year and Kodi will be a phenom also.....come on Kodi gotta be a  :razorback:

Hawgballz

Why should this change.

LOL, now that is funny, but yet sad since evidently you really believe what you are saying.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

dotnet

Does anyone find it convenient that this comes the week after he finishes his high school season?  This way he doesn't have to mess with the Arkansas fans while he is trying to play. 

snag

If he is going elsewhere, I want to thank him for letting us know early so that we can go after another QB. Either way, thanks Kodi for letting us know early.

gopigsgo

Either way this is good for us,If its Ark. then we get a great commit, if its Albarn, there is plenty of time to get a QB for this class. We kept our word to him and other recruits will be aware of that as the reason we haven't come after them sooner.I wish him and his family the best either way.Remember the quote in Sept. It was always Ark. then everyone else.

jasminefu

Anyone has the link to Auburn's forum?  I would like to see how they feel.

DeuceHawg

I hope he is a hog, but it could be that he would rather not go watch auburn and Georgia and would rather watch a good game and gameday and still pick auburn and not go to their game this weekend.  Confused?

RivercrestHog

Now the question is, does Lee commit to the same school as him?

Hogstocking

November 08, 2006, 05:22:11 pm #64 Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 06:01:39 pm by Piggy Hogstocking
Commiting before his trip to Auburn this weekend?  Announcing his decision in Arkansas?  Sounds to me like he's a hog.  It's very rare for a big instate recruit to hold a press conference instate and commit to another school.  IMO it's the kiss of death for Auburn.

If you are commiting out of state you dont hold a press conference, you simply give the coach your verbal commitment. ala - Damian Williams, Ben Cleveland, LT Walker, Bartley Webb last year.

hardcorehogfan

we can run plays specifically for him, like florida does with tebow

Hugehogsfan

I don't know guys, this worries me.  I know that the press conference thing usually adds to a Hog commit, but I thought that he and Lee had plans on attending the same school.  Why not just go ahead and announce all at once?  With that being said though, I mean D-Mac playing some QB could bode well for us.  Maybe that Tebow thing is right, maybe they run some specific plays with him, D-Mac, Felix, and D-Will all at the same time.

1CavHog

I think Burns is a Hog and Ziemba a Tiger. I know they had planned to go to the same school and I think if they were they would have announced it together. At this point Ziemba seems to be a Tiger and I can't see Kodi calling a big in state press conference to announce that hes going out of state. I think he would have committed over the weekend when he was at Auburn if he was going there.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Short and Stout on November 08, 2006, 05:18:11 pm
Now the question is, does Lee commit to the same school as him?

They are no longer making a big deal about going to the same school.

Tusks

Cox is a Jr., Burns learns for 1 year and then takes over as a Sph.  Auburn is still going to a BCS bowl.

I remember when Bret Smith visited and at the last minute all 3 prospects jumped on the plane....the whole state was buzzing....well we know how that turned out. 

If I was a bluechip QB or WR I haven't been convinced that the Hogs will ever throw the ball much.  Auburn does that look at the stats.  The Hogs have finished 10th or worse in passing in the SEC 6 out of the last 7 years and this year is no different.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

yraciv

Quote from: 1CavHog on November 08, 2006, 05:38:15 pm
I think Burns is a Hog and Ziemba a Tiger. I know they had planned to go to the same school and I think if they were they would have announced it together. At this point Ziemba seems to be a Tiger and I can't see Kodi calling a big in state press conference to announce that hes going out of state. I think he would have committed over the weekend when he was at Auburn if he was going there.
I could be wrong, but I feel they will both be hogs.  Ziemba keeps cancelling his visits to Auburn, because of the playoffs, but he keeps showing up to watch Hog games.  I thought Burns was Auburn from the start, but my mind has changed with the press conference in AR before he was supposed to travel to Auburn.  I think the 8-1 record is turning everything into our favor, and we will continue to thrive in recruiting if we keep this season up. Does no one feel the freedom Matt Jones had would attract him?

BigPapaHawg

Come on Kodi.......please say it's the Hogs!   ;)

WPS!
WOO PIG

hog_fan

Quote from: BeoPig on November 08, 2006, 02:19:08 pm
I think MM going to the bench helped us.  It showed him that our coaches are going to put the player in that they think gives us the best cahnce to win.  In the past HDN has been known to ride a lame horse across the finish.

Since when is being 7-0 as starter a lame horse?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: J.A.Y. on November 08, 2006, 02:14:52 pm
Wow! what do you think TRG?

Is he possibly announcing Arkansas and not making the Auburn Trip as expected?

Gonna stay and catch the Gameday Crowd with Lee?

Pretty obvious what he's going to do.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Root Hog

Kodi will verbally commit to Arkansas tomorrow.

The real Hogules

It would definately lower my opinion of Kodi Burns if he thought so little of his home state program that he didn't even need to take an official visit to the place before deciding it was better than what he could find right here at home!
I can't read his mind, but common sense says for appearence sake he'd take the visit and THEN commit to AU if that was his decision.
If for no other reason than not to ruffle feathers with Razorback fans.
I guess we'll see tomorrow.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hog_fan

Quote from: leavenworth1 on November 08, 2006, 04:12:29 pm
I think if we get Kodi this early, it will help our chances with Lee too. Kodi was the one I was most worried about.  Lee, I feel confident about. 

if he going to Auburn fine, but I find it odd to announce a press conference to announce he is headed out of state? Just not something bigtime recruits in Arkansas have done.

hog_fan

Quote from: Root Hog on November 08, 2006, 06:11:41 pm
Kodi will verbally commit to Arkansas tomorrow.

You know this how? Sounds like it only because of the press conference. Feel pretty good about LZ to although one thing that concerns me is him saying he likes auburn because it is a new place.

cubbie

Come on guys the AU scout board is up to 11 pages, we need to step it up a bit.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

The_Bionic_Pig

Why should this change.

Appearently you didn't read his comments on that... its the opposite of what you think.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hog_fan

Quote from: cubbie on November 08, 2006, 06:23:00 pm
Come on guys the AU scout board is up to 11 pages, we need to step it up a bit.

What are they saying. Are they saying Auburn even though he is calling a press conference? Surely he wouldn't waste peoples time if he was going to Auburn.

HAWGTROT

Quote from: itsawonderfulhog on November 08, 2006, 03:15:59 pm
Not having followed Kodi closely this year, has his senior year been as impressive as his past couple?  I know Northside has lost several big games this year.  Is the supporting cast not as good this year?  He obviously has a big time arm and great speed, but haven't a few teams shut him down?  Has Auburn backed off him?  I'm not trying to be a naysayer, just curious for information from those who have followed him closely.
They just did not have the meat on deffence this year. I think they averaged 30 a game, but could not stop the other teams offence. About half way through the season the head coach puts Kodi going both ways. I think he lost his legs a couple of games after that.
Just to much to ask to go both ways in the 7A west. But, You did not hear Kodi grip about it.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 08, 2006, 06:24:55 pm
Why should this change.

Appearently you didn't read his comments on that... its the opposite of what you think.

WPS, not trying to be mean or anything, but I don't think that cbad reads a whole lot.   ;)

Hugehogsfan

I have just got to believe that with the news conference that is a HUGE positive for us.  No way he goes on statewide TV and goes somewhere else.  Signing day= yes  middle of November= no

gopigsgo

The Albarn board says Rick on DTS said he'll be ours. Did anyone hear DTS today?

PorkCheops

I must have missed it:  where did anyone say statewide television coverage?  If that is indeed true it makes a difference in my feelings.
"The problem is not only to win souls but to save minds. If you win the whole world and lose the mind of the world, you will soon discover that you have not won the world. Indeed it may turn out that you have actually lost the world."  Charles Malik

Hawgballz

Quote from: gopigsgo on November 08, 2006, 06:57:32 pm
The Albarn board says Rick on DTS said he'll be ours. Did anyone hear DTS today?

Ours meaning Arkansas or Auburn?

HawgPyle

The Auburn board also says Ziemba was gonna announce tomorrow too...

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: PorkCheops on November 08, 2006, 07:00:01 pm
I must have missed it:  where did anyone say statewide television coverage?  If that is indeed true it makes a difference in my feelings.

If he verbals to Auburn in front of Arkansas camera's surrounded by Arkansas fans and Arkansas dominant media..... OMFG   the reaction would be worse than when the kid out of Wynne wrote "no" on his LOI and faxed it in.....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pioneerhog

So is there actually going to be a presser with all the media or is he just announcing his choice on a piece of paper to be handed out by his coach? This will make a difference IMO.

Hogwild63

I'm probably just being negative.. but after lossing Anderson in BB. I've got a bad feeling.

So do you think the  the AU coaches are telling him... commit to us the week of the BIGGEST GAME IN YEARS !!!! and you will  not be beat up by the Hog fans  their too focused on TN to noticed we stole you out of their own back yard.

I have no inside info at all but this could be the thinking about the timing about tomorrow.

Hawgballz

Quote from: HogBallz on November 08, 2006, 07:05:37 pm
The Auburn board also says Ziemba was gonna announce tomorrow too...

That is incorrect.

VenturaHog

the timing of mustain getting benched last saturday is just too much, i think this has to be the reason he's settled on a school just out of the blue and announcing INSTATE in november. He's from Arkansas, the hogs are in his blood, he's coming home.

Hawgballz

Per the Auburn board, Chris Mortenson is reporting that TT has left Pitts Airport in Alabama headed to Fort Smith and will stay with a recruit through tomorrow afternoon before returning.

Supermark101

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 08, 2006, 07:06:43 pm
Quote from: PorkCheops on November 08, 2006, 07:00:01 pm

If he verbals to Auburn in front of Arkansas camera's surrounded by Arkansas fans and Arkansas dominant media..... OMFG   the reaction would be worse than when the kid out of Wynne wrote "no" on his LOI and faxed it in.....

I agree, he wouldn't be able to leave his house for months.

HA I'm sorry I love the hogs, but that takes balls. Who was that?

The_Bionic_Pig

for the very same reason's why annouce before taking a visit in front of your home-state click me
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

VenturaHog

any links on the auburn board to that chris mortenson story? otherwise i'm not sweating it, whatever helps them sleep tonight...

Supermark101

Quote from: HawgBall06 on November 08, 2006, 07:25:10 pm
Per the Auburn board, Chris Mortenson is reporting that TT has left Pitts Airport in Alabama headed to Fort Smith and will stay with a recruit through tomorrow afternoon before returning.

May just be one last effort.

donthaveone

I tell ya, Newberg had me thinking it was Arkansas last week, but for Over 2 hours now, the Auburn Scout and Auburn Rivals front page have had the Burns commit story up. In the meantime the Arkansas Rivals board front page has a story about Adrien Campbell and the Arkansas Scout site has a story up on Rakestraw. Ofcourse, Dudley and Otis could be at slowpitch softball practice.

Hawgballz

Quote from: VenturaHog on November 08, 2006, 07:27:47 pm
any links on the auburn board to that chris mortenson story? otherwise i'm not sweating it, whatever helps them sleep tonight...

Here is a link to the report, guy says CM told him directly:

http://mb27.scout.com/fauburnfrm2.showMessage?topicID=145257.topic