Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns ready to announce

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 08, 2006, 02:10:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

searkhogfan

Quote from: ScottFaldon on November 08, 2006, 10:14:33 pm
Daniel Stegall most certainly did when he announced for Miami. We covered it.

They held Press conferences when they signed.  But they didn't when they were announcing their inttentions.............

OKhogfan1959

November 09, 2006, 07:36:13 am #151 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 07:37:46 am by OKhogfan1959
Quote from: ScottFaldon on November 08, 2006, 09:55:16 pm
Quote from: hog_fan on November 08, 2006, 09:53:12 pm
I understand he is a hometown kid, but if they are going to announce elsewhere they usually don't hold a press conference to do it. Damian Williams, Ben Cleveland, and Bartley Webb didn't hold a press conference and they were big time recruits.

Scott I am sure you guys at the SWTR would carry his press conference..I think that's fine but I don't think the entire state would give a care about him going to Auburn. He also could have waited and done that at a  different time! Not during this  week with the Tenn game being do big. I have heard that his mom has told everybody and anybody that Kodi is NOT coming to Arkansas for a long time..I have heard this for about a month..I never expected him to come to Arkansas..The kid has amazing talent and could be a great QB..We'll see? I personally don't care IF he goes to Auburn...I root for the HOGS and only the HOGS!!! IF he don't want to be one of us then quitely go to Auburn...We will continue to beat them anyways..

Other kids hold PCs to announce they're going out of state. It's not that big of a deal.

OKhogfan1959

I think he just is looking for attention..I don't care that he's going to Auburn! I just don't think he needed to do this at this time!! Bad time to commit to Auburn..Of course there's not a good time to turn you rback on your home state!!! No big deal he go down there and never be heard of again..Not a HOG? I dont' care how yo do..

The real Hogules

Quote from: ScottFaldon on November 08, 2006, 10:14:33 pm
Daniel Stegall most certainly did when he announced for Miami. We covered it.

Daniel Stegall (though I thought at the time it was crazy) did NOT have an offer from the home state school.
I think posters are referring to athletes that have been offered by the Razorbacks and then went on state wide television and committed to another school.
I can't think of ANY, right off the top of my head.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

dcrain

My gut says Auburn, but it could be the burrito. While Kodi has stated that he doesn't read message boards, he has to be aware of all the controversy going on. If nothing else, there should be a difference in his conversations with Gus. A perceptive kid will pick up that something is going on. If he was leaning to Arkansas, I believe he would wait until the controversy sorts itself out. 

And if I saw a coach bench a undefeated quarterback after 1 interception, I would seriously question whether I wanted to play for that coach.

I hope I am wrong.

hardcorehogfan

didn't james anderson have a presser to announce for ok state.

Swino

Quote from: bigred7987 on November 08, 2006, 10:20:22 pm
So can you name another?  And Stegall wasn't being recruited by Arkansas so that's different

Why do you change your question and act like Scott didn't answer your question?  Why are you worried so much about a press conference.  The kid has a right to call one if he wants to and people have a right NOT to go if they don't want to.

BTW, I'm the one at the end of this thread that is going say "I told you so" after Kodi announces.  And also, nobody in their right mind should say anything negative about Kodi no matter which school he chooses.  The kid is doing what he thinks is best for him, period.  Our lying, SOB of a HC cut and run from Arkansas, yet he isn't criticized for it.

jhawg

The Demozette said this morning that officials stated he is likely going to announce Auburn.

This really should not suprise anyone since we have a Sophmore QB starting and a Freshman back up right now.
"They are not worried about selling tickets. They are not worried about selling offenses and gimmicks and things of that nature. They are worried about winning and having a winning tradition."- Reggie Herring

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Guys and gals, I am by no means in the know of anything, BUT, you people are acting like a bunch of know it alls anbout this situation. Probably NOBODY except Kodi knows where he is going to announce for and most of the people in this thread are saying see you later, have fun at Auburn. The young man will go wherever he feels most comfortable and that will be that. I wish him the best wherever he goes and will root for him wherever he ends up at. I do, however, want him to be a Hog, as do most Razorback fans. Go!Hogs!Go! Did I mention, look at my name, avatar and sig!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

Swino

Quote from: FireHoustonNutt on November 09, 2006, 08:20:48 am
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Guys and gals, I am by no means in the know of anything, BUT, you people are acting like a bunch of know it alls anbout this situation. Probably NOBODY except Kodi knows where he is going to announce for and most of the people in this thread are saying see you later, have fun at Auburn. The young man will go wherever he feels most comfortable and that will be that. I wish him the best wherever he goes and will root for him wherever he ends up at. I do, however, want him to be a Hog, as do most Razorback fans. Go!Hogs!Go! Did I mention, look at my name, avatar and sig!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Word

The real Hogules

Grit Kirk is saying AU and Dudley Dawson doesn't seem very optimistic about our chances either.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hawgballz

November 09, 2006, 09:10:44 am #161 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 09:14:47 am by HawgBall06
Quote from: dcrain on November 09, 2006, 08:07:51 am
My gut says Auburn, but it could be the burrito. While Kodi has stated that he doesn't read message boards, he has to be aware of all the controversy going on. If nothing else, there should be a difference in his conversations with Gus. A perceptive kid will pick up that something is going on. If he was leaning to Arkansas, I believe he would wait until the controversy sorts itself out. 

And if I saw a coach bench a undefeated quarterback after 1 interception, I would seriously question whether I wanted to play for that coach.

I hope I am wrong.

First things first, Kodi made this decision before his football season began and the reason for waiting until the season was over should be obvious.  I have no problem with the PC although I wish the timing was a little different (2 days before arguably the biggest game in many years for Arkansas).  The fact is that Kodi has told those closest to him of this decision (before the season started) and he has stuck to it all along.  The fact that he is announcing before he even takes his visit to Auburn should tell even the outside observer that he has had his mind made up for a while.  I had hoped that the Hogs success thought out this season would help sway him but it didn't.  What does bother me is people getting on here like they know why he made this decision (I don't know the exact reasons for his decision other than some obvious guesses) and stating "oh its the coaching controversy" or "it is because Mitch got benched" just to support their own agenda of spreading contempt.  Kodi made this decision before any of those things occurred so rest assured those were not the deciding factors in his decision.  I had not planned on saying anything about this so I will stop now before I really say something I shouldn't.

BTW, I sincerely hope something has changed in the last 48 hours to make Kodi be a hog, but I doubt it greatly because Kodi has not waivered from his original thoughts.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

dcrain

Quote from: Swino on November 09, 2006, 08:11:13 am
Quote from: bigred7987 on November 08, 2006, 10:20:22 pm
So can you name another?  And Stegall wasn't being recruited by Arkansas so that's different

Why do you change your question and act like Scott didn't answer your question?  Why are you worried so much about a press conference.  The kid has a right to call one if he wants to and people have a right NOT to go if they don't want to.

BTW, I'm the one at the end of this thread that is going say "I told you so" after Kodi announces.  And also, nobody in their right mind should say anything negative about Kodi no matter which school he chooses.  The kid is doing what he thinks is best for him, period.  Our lying, SOB of a HC cut and run from Arkansas, yet he isn't criticized for it.

I agree with everything but the I told you so part.  This is just one of many things that will probably have to happen to end the Nutt love-in.

dudelove

But the recruiting won't stop after the press conference either way.  Even if he announces Auburn, I bet Gus gets in his living room before February....

Hawgballz

Quote from: dudelove on November 09, 2006, 09:48:23 am
But the recruiting won't stop after the press conference either way.  Even if he announces Auburn, I bet Gus gets in his living room before February....

I certainly hope so.

hog_fan

If he goes to Auburn, Gus needs to let it go and go out and find us another QB. We are wasting our time. Like the guy said he knew he was going to Auburn for awhile now. I really feel if he announces for Auburn it would be wasting our time to keep recruiting him. He thinks he will start as a redshirt freshman there.

hog_fan

It would have been nice if he wasn't doing this two days before the biggest game of the nutt era, but guess he wants to do it right before he visits.

dudelove

Quote from: hog_fan on November 09, 2006, 10:07:45 am
If he goes to Auburn, Gus needs to let it go and go out and find us another QB. We are wasting our time. Like the guy said he knew he was going to Auburn for awhile now. I really feel if he announces for Auburn it would be wasting our time to keep recruiting him. He thinks he will start as a redshirt freshman there.

We don't need to let it go.  We need to start recruiting another QB in addition to Kodi.  The guy is an amazing talent with HUGE upside.  Plus, depending on what happens with Big Lee, we're going to be all over both of these guys right up until February.

hogfan x

Quote from: dudelove on November 09, 2006, 09:48:23 am

WHO will Gus be recruiting him for??? ;)
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

dudelove

This is becoming like a big joke.  Every thread has to be about the Springdale bunch not being here next here.  Every thread.  It's like the broken record.

bigred7987

I really think he could be pulling a last minute switch from what he is telling everyone, just a hunch though

cubbie

If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

Hawgballz

Quote from: bigred7987 on November 09, 2006, 12:01:21 pm
I really think he could be pulling a last minute switch from what he is telling everyone, just a hunch though

We should know in about an hour, I hope you are right.

northsideHog03

Whoever he chooses, I hope everyone does the hog call.  Especially if it's AU.

Hawgballz

Quote from: northsideHog03 on November 09, 2006, 01:12:48 pm
Whoever he chooses, I hope everyone does the hog call.  Especially if it's AU.

That is what I want to hear.  WooooooooooPiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggSooooooooieeeee.

HighonSwine

Have not seen it mentioned, but for what it is worth, Otis says 100% he will announce for Auburn.

Auburn recruiting guy has a report with a quote from Burns regarding his official visit as saying something to the effect that he will take his visit depending on what he announces at the presser.  If Arkansas, he would not go and if Auburn he is going.

hog caller

he'll say he's going to Auburn while visiting there at 2:00pm

illuzionz14

I'm sitting at the fieldhouse as we speak.  It's about to go down.

hog_fan

I rather have LZ if I had a choice, but looks like both are Auburn bound. I think LZ wants to experience something different. I bet he announces when playoffs end.

PorkSoda

How long till the press conference?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hog_fan