Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns ready to announce

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 08, 2006, 02:10:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1CavHog

Quote from: Supermark101 on November 08, 2006, 07:26:31 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 08, 2006, 07:06:43 pm
Quote from: PorkCheops on November 08, 2006, 07:00:01 pm
I must have missed it:  where did anyone say statewide television coverage?  If that is indeed true it makes a difference in my feelings.

Quote from: Supermark101 on November 08, 2006, 07:26:31 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 08, 2006, 07:06:43 pm
Quote from: PorkCheops on November 08, 2006, 07:00:01 pm
I must have missed it:  where did anyone say statewide television coverage?  If that is indeed true it makes a difference in my feelings.

If he verbals to Auburn in front of Arkansas camera's surrounded by Arkansas fans and Arkansas dominant media..... OMFG   the reaction would be worse than when the kid out of Wynne wrote "no" on his LOI and faxed it in.....

I agree, he wouldn't be able to leave his house for months.

HA I'm sorry I love the hogs, but that takes balls. Who was that?

If he verbals to Auburn in front of Arkansas camera's surrounded by Arkansas fans and Arkansas dominant media..... OMFG   the reaction would be worse than when the kid out of Wynne wrote "no" on his LOI and faxed it in.....

I agree, he wouldn't be able to leave his house for months.

HA I'm sorry I love the hogs, but that takes balls. Who was that?

Deangelo Williams

HawgPyle

Quote from: HawgBall06 on November 08, 2006, 07:20:40 pm
Quote from: HogBallz on November 08, 2006, 07:05:37 pm
The Auburn board also says Ziemba was gonna announce tomorrow too...

That is incorrect.

Didn't say it was...just said what was on the Auburn board I was checkin out...

pioneerhog

Hogstocking

And Urban Meyer flew in for a last ditch effort to keep Damian.  We know how that ended up.

Supermark101

Quote from: HawgBall06 on November 08, 2006, 07:31:29 pm
Quote from: VenturaHog on November 08, 2006, 07:27:47 pm
any links on the auburn board to that chris mortenson story? otherwise i'm not sweating it, whatever helps them sleep tonight...

Here is a link to the report, guy says CM told him directly:

http://mb27.scout.com/fauburnfrm2.showMessage?topicID=145257.topic

Who was it that posted that? How do we know he knows anything?

Hawgballz

Source tells me he is Auburn bound, but his announcement and the way he is doing it tells me that Arkansas has a leg up.  Split decision.  This guy has been right on with everything he has told me about Kodi, but the way Kodi is doing this my fool everyone.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hawgballz

Quote from: Supermark101 on November 08, 2006, 07:41:05 pm
any links on the auburn board to that chris mortenson story? otherwise i'm not sweating it, whatever helps them sleep tonight...

Who was it that posted that? How do we know he knows anything?

He appears to be respected on that board, but that don't mean crap.

cookie52

that guy on the Auburn board said as of 3:50 or just prior to that a flight left Robert G. Pitts airport in Auburn, Alabama.

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KAUO

says otherwise. The only planes that have left there have turned around and landed shortly thereafter AT THE SAME AIRPORT.

Hawgballz

Quote from: cookie52 on November 08, 2006, 07:52:05 pm
that guy on the Auburn board said as of 3:50 or just prior to that a flight left Robert G. Pitts airport in Auburn, Alabama.

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KAUO

says otherwise. The only planes that have left there have turned around and landed shortly thereafter AT THE SAME AIRPORT.

I think you are right.  I am no expert at reading that thing and I am not sure how updated it is, but it looks like the TT to Fort Smith rumor is wrong.  I couldn't hardly see TT missing 2 days of prep for Georgia to go chase an out-of-state recruit.  Great work.

cookie52

Thanks HawgBall06, I learned it during Damian's recruitment. :D

Tomhog™

I've not heard so many split opinions on a commitment.  Half are saying Arkansas, half Auburn.  No one truly knows where he's going.  With the timing of it I'd say Arkansas, but I'm not sure as I usually am on commitments...

sowmonella

They are just ****ing with us. TT will not leave during a game week. It's a big joke..get it!
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Cresthog

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Cresthog

pioneerhog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 08, 2006, 08:53:25 pm
You know how I know just think about it... :-[
I don't, enlighten me. YOu can send me a pm if you want to do it that way.

Razorbacks#1

November 08, 2006, 08:55:29 pm #117 Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 08:58:30 pm by Razorbacks#1
He's ours. Go hogs
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

hog_fan

It is total disrespect to call a press conference and have Arkansas media there only to announce for Auburn if that is true. If he is going to Auburn fine, but just announce it like Webb did. It would also make sense to visit Auburn and committ while there.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hog_fan on November 08, 2006, 08:55:38 pm
It is total disrespect to call a press conference and have Arkansas media there only to announce for Auburn if that is true. If he is going to Auburn fine, but just announce it like Webb did. It would also make sense to visit Auburn and committ while there.

If your parents were headed to Arkansas st. Friday evening - Saturday and you wanted your family to be their when would you annouce your decision... (hope that answer's your question)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Cresthog

I think we lost he battle for Burns

hog_fan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 08, 2006, 08:57:29 pm
Quote from: hog_fan on November 08, 2006, 08:55:38 pm

If your parents were headed to Arkansas st. Friday evening - Saturday and you wanted your family to be their when would you announce your decision... (hope that answer's your question)

Nope, it doesn't. There is no reason to hold a press conference with Arkansas media if your not going to the Hogs. He can tell his parents where he is going and announce it like Webb did. No reason to waste the medias time if your going to Auburn. It's a slap in the face to the media and to the program. I say this assuming he is Auburn bound like you said.

Hogstocking

I don't understand this if he's auburn bound.  Why not just commit to tubby over the phone.  Why not wait till his visit there saturday to commit.  It makes litlle sense to hold a instate press conference to announce you're going out of state to a school you'll be visiting in 2 days.

Hawg_Heaven

Now I think he is going to Auburn. Oh, well, onto the next guy. I just hope Lee stays home.

hog_fan

Quote from: Piggy Hogstocking on November 08, 2006, 09:09:06 pm
I don't understand this if he's auburn bound.  Why not just commit to tubby over the phone.  Why not wait till his visit there saturday to commit.  It makes litlle sense to hold a instate press conference to announce you're going out of state to a school you'll be visiting in 2 days.

I take it as a slap in the face to the program, media, and state. If you want to leave fine, but don't waste people's time. The media doesn't care unless your going to Arkansas. Not to mention this is coming two days before the biggest game for Arkansas in a long time. If the media gets wind he is Auburn bound hopefully they don't bother to show up.

cubsfan5150

Since when has Chris Mortenson been a college football expert?  The closest that he gets to college football is the draft.  Come on guys.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

cookie52

Let's keep in mind that this is a oral commitment, not obligating him to stay 4 years just yet.

Razorback_Z71

TX HOG

maybe kodi is just telling people he's going to auburn, in order to shock us all.  Yeah, it's atleast positive thinking.  Come on Kodi be a Razorback, I would if they would offer me.

hog_fan

I understand he is a hometown kid, but if they are going to announce elsewhere they usually don't hold a press conference to do it. Damian Williams, Ben Cleveland, and Bartley Webb didn't hold a press conference and they were big time recruits.

Cresthog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on November 08, 2006, 09:55:16 pm
Quote from: hog_fan on November 08, 2006, 09:53:12 pm
I understand he is a hometown kid, but if they are going to announce elsewhere they usually don't hold a press conference to do it. Damian Williams, Ben Cleveland, and Bartley Webb didn't hold a press conference and they were big time recruits.

Other kids hold PCs to announce they're going out of state. It's not that big of a deal.

I cannot think of a single athlete that has held a press conference to tell the state that he is leaving to play ball out of state.

bigred7987

Who was the last to do it?
Damian/Ben/Bartley didn't. 
But they did to announce Arkansas
Van Stumon did but LT Walker didn't for Louisvill
Greenwood kid didn't for Miami commitment. 

hog_fan

If it was a small press conference I could understand, but to actually invite the Arkansas media and announce for Auburn doesn't make sense. It may have happened before, but I'm not aware of it. Whatever happens happens, but aleast if he goes to Auburn we got time to get another QB if we want one and I think we better get one just incase MM leaves. Better to be safe then sorry.

Hogstocking

November 08, 2006, 10:04:15 pm #134 Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 10:25:58 pm by Piggy Hogstocking
Quote from: bigred7987 on November 08, 2006, 10:01:01 pm
Who was the last to do it?
Damian/Ben/Bartley didn't. 
But they did to announce Arkansas
Van Stumon did but LT Walker didn't for Louisvill
Greenwood kid didn't for Miami commitment. 

I can't ever remember a Arkansas kid (who was being recruited by, and held an offer from Arknasas) holding a press conference to announce he's going out of state, that's for sure.

bigred7987

Part of me is thinking...Burns is telling everyone one thing...and plans on doing another this could be reason for arkansas media being there, to pull a switch.  But thats just a hunch I have but how knows

ms_hog

According to FlightAware, there has not been a plane to leave Auburn for the Ft. Smith area. http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KAUO

Cresthog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on November 08, 2006, 09:55:16 pm
Quote from: hog_fan on November 08, 2006, 09:53:12 pm

Other kids hold PCs to announce they're going out of state. It's not that big of a deal.

Since nobody can think of a single kid that has done this...is this your way of saying Kodi is leaving out of state.

bigred7987

So can you name another?  And Stegall wasn't being recruited by Arkansas so thats different

The_Hill

I still dont understand how Stewie knows he is going to Auburn.. who is his source?
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

HawgnDos

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 08, 2006, 02:48:26 pm
Quote from: kramegdoh on November 08, 2006, 02:44:50 pm
Quote from: bigred7987 on November 08, 2006, 02:32:29 pm
If he was committing to Auburn...
A) I doubt he would be having a press conference in Arkansas, everytime there has been a press conference it has been good news for Arkansas.

You think he would go to Alabama to announce?  I don't think so.

why wouldnt he?...if he was goin to go to Auburn, why wouldnt he announce while on his visit?.
NCAA rules.  You can't announce on your visit.

pigture perfect

Didn't Cedric Houston have a press conference, I think I remember seeing it. It was the same day that D. Howard held one too, to say say that he was a hog.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

gopigsgo

We are good at QB and on the line both. We all want these kids but in my opinion its not the end of the world if we lose both. The way we are playing right now, we may get better players in the coming years. Don't get me wrong, getting big name hometown boys is big but I refuse to let this get me down if they don't come here.

HOGINTENNESSEE

I don't know where Kodi is going or have a gut feeling about it. But if Kodi you read this then please come to Arkansas.

geddie

If he is going to Auburn, his press conference makes perfect sense:

Try to distract Arkansas coaches/players from the biggest game this program has seen in years.  Bad performance on Saturday by the Razorbacks strengthens Auburn's shot at playing in Atlanta.

All that said, Arkansas will still win Saturday and Burns will be a Hog! WPS

HogPharmD

Ok guys... don't bite on the Auburn board stuff... they are cranking out misinformation and bragging when we bite. They know nothing more than we do trust me. They think cranking out pages will somehow get Kodi... ridiculous...
I would be interested in a PM from anyone about whether Kodi's visit to Auburn has been cancelled for sure.

Go Hogs!!
:razorback: :razorback:

Supermark101

Quote from: gopigsgo on November 08, 2006, 11:18:50 pm
We are good at QB and on the line both. We all want these kids but in my opinion its not the end of the world if we lose both. The way we are playing right now, we may get better players in the coming years. Don't get me wrong, getting big name hometown boys is big but I refuse to let this get me down if they don't come here.

We can always use good lineman.

Yo Huckleberry

Well, the conspiracy theories have reached the ultimate in absurdity: geddie, he's announcing for Aubbie to distract the Hogs so they'll lose to UT this weekend?! HA!!!! OMG! You guys just SLAY me! What, is he a Manturian Candidate? Yeah, TT called in said, "The red squirrel has fallen from the tree....The red squirrel has fallen from the tree...." That encoded message set Kodi into motion. Yes,, it's all part of TT's master plot! HA!

OKC

Quote from: geddie on November 08, 2006, 11:36:25 pm
If he is going to Auburn, his press conference makes perfect sense:

Try to distract Arkansas coaches/players from the biggest game this program has seen in years.  Bad performance on Saturday by the Razorbacks strengthens Auburn's shot at playing in Atlanta.

All that said, Arkansas will still win Saturday and Burns will be a Hog! WPS
THat would be a pretty low thing to do...now I don't know Kodi at all, but I really doubt he would want to be a part of that. As for announcing to Auburn...if he was going to, why not wait a couple of days, enjoy the visit just to make sure or atleast get a warm fuzzy from it and then commit.

Hawgballz

Quote from: HogPharmD on November 08, 2006, 11:42:06 pm
Ok guys... don't bite on the Auburn board stuff... they are cranking out misinformation and bragging when we bite. They know nothing more than we do trust me. They think cranking out pages will somehow get Kodi... ridiculous...
I would be interested in a PM from anyone about whether Kodi's visit to Auburn has been cancelled for sure.

Go Hogs!!
:razorback: :razorback:

His visit has not been canceled as of this time.