Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why the Tennessee Game just got a lot harder

Started by NeuroHogg, November 04, 2006, 10:14:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rayzorbacks

our secondary just got worse we lost grant he tore his mcl

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

TN will be pi**ed after dropping the ball vs. LSU. + we are banged up from a rough game that shouldn't have been so close.

Chinese Emperor

Quote from: NeuroHogg on November 04, 2006, 10:14:16 pm
Feel Free to add yours.
1. Nothing like a quarterback controversy right before your biggest game of the year.  I just don't see benching your quarterback after the first series.
2. Our secondary was exposed.  Maybe that is a good thing.  Maybe it will allow for some extra focus during this week's practice.
3. If I am Tennessee, my recipe to win is: Pass the ball.  Stack the line.
4. It appears that Nutt has taken over play calling.  For the 2nd half of the game, we looked poor.

1.  There's no QB controversy:  Dick's our starter.

2.  Our secondary is fine.  Rice is outstanding.

3.  Yeah, go ahead.  We'll beat ya' anyway.

4.  Pure, unadulterated speculation at its best.

hawgtime

Quote from: pimpndistress on November 04, 2006, 10:26:50 pm
Yes I thank HDN took over the play calling WE looked like we pulled out last years play book

thank you... i was screaming that the entire second half.   if it wasn't for some great running by DMAC, we would have lost.

NUTT, GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF GUS'S JOB AND QUIT MAKING US PREDICTABLE.

Coacht

My concern is:
1) Usually you bounce back after a big loss, and
2) Usually you let down after a big win.....

However, the hogs showed me tonight that they are for real! it was a better showing than what UT gave them last week.
Statements of the year - "I think play calling sometimes is overrated." and "I will never hire an offensive Coordinator"

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2006 = 15th / 16th        2001 = nope
2005 = nope                 2000 = nope
2004 = nope                 1999 = 17th
2003 = nope                 1998 = 16th
2002 = 25th

Hogs4Ever

Bottom line:  We didn't play well on defense, made alot of mistakes on offense and still won a road SEC game against a team with a winning record.  If anyone would have told me we would be 8-1 heading into the Tenn. game I would have taken it in a heartbeat!

Let's enjoy this win guys!  There's time enough to worry about Tennessee.

pimpndistress

Quote from: sevohog on November 04, 2006, 10:33:50 pm

well if we had last year play calls, its a little bit different we are 8-1 and 5-0 in conference, so its a little bit differnet than last year. with out a doubt this is the most negative board and people there is.
good leave
:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: cbad on November 04, 2006, 10:49:05 pm
Quote from: BlackKnightHogFan on November 04, 2006, 10:46:20 pm
Tennessee cannot run the football...that will be their downfall and the reason we beat them...period.

So that means they will throw it right?

Quick question, How was the pass D tonight?

Angie will light the Hogs up, especially with Grant gone.

Good point Cbad....Oh wait....Ainge won't be playing.....

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: Coacht on November 04, 2006, 11:25:07 pm
My concern is:
1) Usually you bounce back after a big loss, and
2) Usually you let down after a big win.....

However, the hogs showed me tonight that they are for real! it was a better showing than what UT gave them last week.

Usually you fall back after a big loss, and momentum keeps teams alive.
Maybe you should change your name to RedshirtT

hawaiianhogster

After our second half collapse we'll be lucky to lose by two touchdowns.

Ball Hawk

We will win because......

1. UT can't stop the run.

2. Sydney Rice is the best WR in the SEC, no one else is even close. We won't have to worry about anyone else making the plays he did.

3. Ark plays UT tough at home.....even the last few years when Ark was bad. Now we are good.....and we will roll....
Quote from: secfan30 on February 16, 2015, 11:01:56 pm

They are a perfect example of what happens with 10-12 generations of inbreeding.

Hawgger

Quote from: vol_in_ar on November 04, 2006, 10:30:00 pm
We'll stop the run and force you to throw the ball.

But who starts Mustain, or Dick?

And Meachem will have a huge day.

Hey I think if you look on this board about a week ago and on USC's boards you will see that the cocks said the same thing.  VOLS will not even come close to stopping the run.  You will have to out score us to win.  You CAN NOT STOP DMAC.....PERIOD!!!!!!!!!
Alligator, Alligator, Alligator Piss.  If SH*T was a college They'd call it Ole Miss.

Hotty Toddy, Gosh Almighty, who the hell are we?  Flim Flam, Bim Bam, WHO THE FU@K GIVES A DAMN!!!

bigyellowdog

We need another receiver besides Monk to show up. 

Pork Twain

Feel Free to add yours.
1. Nothing like a quarterback controversy right before your biggest game of the year.  I just don't see benching your quarterback after the first series.
2. Our secondary was exposed.  Maybe that is a good thing.  Maybe it will allow for some extra focus during this week's practice.
4. It appears that Nutt has taken over play calling.  For the 2nd half of the game, we looked poor.

1 - I think the Aub game or this game were the biggest of the year.  Lose either of those and the Tennessee game doesn't mean darn.  It is only a QB controversy if HDN, Gus and AW allow it to be.
2 - We all knew they were thin and it didn't take The Ole Ball Coach long to figure it out.  Losing Grant hurts.
3 - Totally agree
4 - looked to me like we were controlling the game in the 2nd half.  Missed FG and interception on the goal line away from 10 more points.

I think we should let things play out before we start being more chicken little than usual.  Give our coaches a chance to sort things out and lets see what we get next week.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hambone

November 05, 2006, 06:03:45 am #64 Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 06:35:37 am by hambone
Quote from: excoach on November 04, 2006, 10:19:21 pm
Feel Free to add yours.

It was pretty obvious it was Nutts old offense tonight and I dont care what anyone say's, he was telling Gus what plays to call. Your post is very accurate, our secondary is the weakness of our defense. Tenn will be much better in the passing game.

I don't know.  Blake Mitchell was dang near perfect.   And when he was off, the receivers made incredible catches.   Those two drives were about as close to perfect as anyone could play.   Anyteam that plays that well, for a whole game, is going to be awful hard to beat.