Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama Board on the fringe of a meltdown

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 04, 2006, 12:56:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

I've said all along that Bama would start to feel the effects of their NCAA Investigation and
probation this year, and that has come to fruition. However things will improve for them during the 2008 season.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

msudawgs64

Quote from: hogs25 on November 04, 2006, 02:19:57 pm
When is the last SEC game MSU won?  And somebody besides Ole Miss, KY, and Vandy.

The actual last one we won was against Ole Miss last year to end the year but taking them away since you asked to exclude them, was Florida in 2004.

This was our first SEC road win going back to 2000, when we last beat Kentucky on the road
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

bigyellowdog

Wonder if Bama wishes they had hired Croom now?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: GUVHOG on November 04, 2006, 04:51:07 pm
I've said all along that Bama would start to feel the effects of their NCAA Investigation and
probation this year, and that has come to fruition. However things will improve for them during the 2008 season.

Give it a rest GUV.  You're only doing spin for Nutt.  Shula is a lousier coach than HDN and the Bama folks will most likely pull the trigger on him this year.  That's what programs with high expectations do.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

idochog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 04, 2006, 04:54:18 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on November 04, 2006, 04:51:07 pm

Give it a rest GUV.  You're only doing spin for Nutt.  Shula is a lousier coach than HDN and the Bama folks will most likely pull the trigger on him this year.  That's what programs with high expectations do.

So very true, Bama is no doubt committed to winning.  Unlike freaking Jim Lindsey and JFB
I love Jesus!

enwhog

Quote from: bigyellowdog on November 04, 2006, 04:53:29 pm

He's a good football coach.  If he can keep some Ms talent at home, he may make State decent if they show him patience.  He could out coach lil nepotism boy anyday.

msudawgs64

I doubt it, but rest assured they are wishing they had not hired Shula..LOL
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

wincrimson

Quote from: msudawgs64 on November 04, 2006, 04:57:02 pm

I doubt it, but rest assured they are wishing they had not hired Shula..LOL

True.  Shula and Croom are nothing special.

I like Sly a lot and wish him and your Bulldogs the best the rest of the way out.

msudawgs64

so true wincrimson, I certainly am not appointing Sly as COY, he still has to convince me he can win more games than he has and has to win more of the big games each year and become more than a punchline again in the SEC, he may be on the right track but that is still not guaranteed.  It was a good win for us, regardless of if Bama is down or not, you guys still own us in football, even in some of y'alls recent bad years y'all were still better than us.  Now we have to rest up, get some players healthy and get ready for the Hogs in two weeks.

missippihog

November 04, 2006, 05:21:02 pm #59 Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 05:40:56 pm by missippihog
Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on November 04, 2006, 01:00:45 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on November 04, 2006, 12:58:47 pm
A loss to Mississippi will likely get Shula fired.

As it should.

As a loss to SC should Houston. 

Most ignorant statement you have ever made and that is saying a lot. LOL. Just messin wicha. A dumb comment though.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: wincrimson on November 04, 2006, 04:49:57 pm
Quote from: enwhog on November 04, 2006, 04:19:40 pm
Quote from: wincrimson on November 04, 2006, 04:16:22 pm
Fire Shula!

That's the only solution.

What if they give him a two year free pass like we did Houston?  Would Bama fans go for that?  He did have a 'cloud' like Houston recruiting against the NCAA. 

I bet he loves Bama's helmet!  He didn't transfer either while a player.  Wanna show him some loyalty?

This year is the only "pass" he'll get.  If he doesn't win 10 or more next season, his ass is grass.

Wincrimson weren't you one of the ones on this board last year bragging about Shula and his 10 win
season? Someboby from Bama was. My how the Tide has turned!  :D

Albert Einswine

Quote from: CallMeHog on November 04, 2006, 06:46:01 pm
Quote from: wincrimson on November 04, 2006, 04:49:57 pm
Quote from: enwhog on November 04, 2006, 04:19:40 pm
Quote from: wincrimson on November 04, 2006, 04:16:22 pm
Fire Shula!

That's the only solution.

What if they give him a two year free pass like we did Houston?  Would Bama fans go for that?  He did have a 'cloud' like Houston recruiting against the NCAA. 

I bet he loves Bama's helmet!  He didn't transfer either while a player.  Wanna show him some loyalty?

This year is the only "pass" he'll get.  If he doesn't win 10 or more next season, his ass is grass.

Wincrimson weren't you one of the ones on this board last year bragging about Shula and his 10 win
season? Someboby from Bama was. My how the Tide has turned!  :D

I bet it was Tideboy that was doing that.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

HatfieldHog

We Arkansas Fans should go onto the Bama board and tell them just how "respected" that Shula is, so that they will KEEP him!  As long as Shula roams the sidelines at Bama, we have a chance when we play them.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

wincrimson