Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's your TV for Tennessee

Started by HogHillbilly, October 30, 2006, 02:16:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WRICAT

Quote from: MarionHawgFan on October 30, 2006, 05:41:18 pm
I think gameday will be here regardless
What is so great about GameDay?   I hardly ever watch it.   Talk's cheap.   

It is the game that matters to me.

sechog

Gameday will still come even if it is televised by CBS. They did when LSU played FLA on CBS this year.

clemensrules01

Quote from: WindyCityHog on October 30, 2006, 02:19:44 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on October 30, 2006, 02:16:44 pm
Couldn't find it on here so here it is............................

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=660898

It's obvious that the Hog-Gamecock outcome will determine the network...

ESPN?

...or Lincoln Financial.

no its cbs or espn.

WP razorback

How about we go to Columbia and beat the Gamecocks, then worry about College Gameday.

That game is going to be a challenge in itself, especially at night in Columbia.

2006 Gamecock Schedule

Aug 31    @Mississippi St. Won 15-0
Sep 9      Georgia Lost 0-18
Sep 16    Wofford Won 27-20
Sep 23    Fla. Atlantic Won 45-6
Sep 28    Auburn Lost 17-24
Oct 7     @Kentucky Won 24-17
Oct 21    @Vanderbilt Won 31-13
Oct 28    Tennessee Lost 24-31
Nov 4     Arkansas 6:45pm
Nov 11   @Florida TBA
Nov 18    M. Tenn. St. TBA
Nov 25    @Clemson TBA

**Both Auburn and Tennessee were at Columbia, on ESPN, and at night.  The results, the time and the location of those two games is somewhat troublesome.  I think South Carolina will really test how good we are.  South Carolina does not worry me so much as the intangibles do (Spurrier, at night in Columbia).

lifelonghogfan

Anyone ever thought of Gameday going to Little Rock for Ark vs LSU

Foots

Quote from: lifelonghogfan on October 31, 2006, 12:30:08 am
Not gonna happen with a Friday game. If they did that, they would be in Louisville this weekend for the biggest game, which is on Thursday night.

DirkPiggler

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 31, 2006, 08:13:19 am
Quote from: HogasaurusRex on October 30, 2006, 03:59:32 pm
Man there is a lot of total BullSh!t in the threads above.  First it's "well if the game is on CBS then ESPN won't"....Bullcrap.  Then it's "well I doubt ESPN will cover SC 2 weeks outta 3".....more bullsh!t.  Here's the skinny on gameday...NOBODY including the announcers, knows yet and that came per the local ESPN affiliate in Ruston La.  Sean Fox is the owner and after becoming EXTREMELY exacerbated with folks posting speculation; I gave him a call, and he in turn called a producer w/gameday.  The producer says that they will not know until lsu/tenn and ark/sc results are in.  He said that they are scouting 3 locations for the Nov. 11th week-end.  Anyone who would like Sean's # to verify the info PM me and I'll let you talk to him as well.

How could ESPN have an "affiliate" in Ruston, La. when they are a cable network broadcasting from Connecticutt. ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox and PBS has network affiliates around the country but ESPN does not because they are not a broadcast network that requires affiliates.

radio?
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

SigPig

Quote from: WRICAT on October 30, 2006, 08:33:12 pm
Quote from: MarionHawgFan on October 30, 2006, 05:41:18 pm
I think gameday will be here regardless
What is so great about GameDay?   I hardly ever watch it.   Talk's cheap.  

It is the game that matters to me.
What is so great?  Sorry to break it, but its not all about you.  Gameday coming to Fayetteville means the National Sports Spotlight is on Fayetteville, AR for the whole day Saturday.  That is huge exposure.  It is great for recruiting and for our program.  The more interest in our program that gets generated then the more respect we get.  Our players will take care of the rest.  The more respect we get, the less likely it is for us to get shafted in the polls in the future, etc, etc...

SigPig

Quote from: lifelonghogfan on October 31, 2006, 12:30:08 am
Lets speculate on that one after we play SC and Tenn.

Allister Fiend

What it really comes down to is who will be playing on ABC the same day we play Tennessee? If it is a huge game on ABC, that's were you will find Gameday as it's in their best interest. Why promote a big game on another network when you already have one on your own network? If there is nothing bigger than Arkansas vs. Tennessee (if both win this weekend) on ABC, then you can almost feel 100% positive Gameday will be in Fayetteville.

HogHillbilly

I hope it's on CBS......................With gameday of course...................Even though Corso is a pe_ _ _ !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Ouachihog

Quote from: Cole1976 on October 30, 2006, 02:44:40 pm
Heres hoping ESPN picks it up for the 645 game.

Same here.  If that happens, I'll still have time to hit the deerstand Saturday morning before heading to Fayetteville. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

jmchog

I just talked to my account rep at THV, and they have said that CBS is using its 6-day window to decide on the ARK/Tenn game. It is between:

Ark/Tenn

South Carolina/Florida

Georgia/Auburn

Alabama/LSU

What a great day for College Football!!
How can anyone not think the SEC is the best conference?

dudelove

If CBS picks up our game will that not make game 4 for us on CBS?  Bama, Auburn, Tennessee and LSU?  Think they want the Hogs 4 times in one year?  That's half of our conference games.  They may elect to pick one of those other games.  It will be interesting to see.

hogfan 4 life

If hogs beat SC game on CBS , If hogs lose to SC ESPN and no game day, bet on it

TNhogfan

Quote from: Allister Fiend on October 31, 2006, 09:20:28 am
What it really comes down to is who will be playing on ABC the same day we play Tennessee? If it is a huge game on ABC, that's were you will find Gameday as it's in their best interest. Why promote a big game on another network when you already have one on your own network? If there is nothing bigger than Arkansas vs. Tennessee (if both win this weekend) on ABC, then you can almost feel 100% positive Gameday will be in Fayetteville.
ABC is also using its 6-day window for several of the picks for 11/11:
Texas at Kansas St.,
Texas Tech at Oklahoma,
OR Texas A&M at Nebraska            3:30pm 
Cincinnati at W. Virginia,
Miami (FL) at Maryland
OR Wake Forest at Florida St.            3:30pm 
Ohio St. at Northwestern            3:30pm 
California at Arizona            3:30pm 

Cincinnati at W. Virginia,
Miami (FL) at Maryland
OR Wake Forest at Florida St.           8pm 
Texas at Kansas St.,
Texas Tech at Oklahoma,
OR Texas A&M at Nebraska           8pm 

Whichever Big XII game between TT-OU and AGS-NE, not picked for one of the ABC slots, will be on FSN HD @ 7:00ET.  Apparently the TX-KSU game is guaranteed an ABC slot as it is not one of FSN's choices.  The FSN HD game will be the lead in to USC-OR game @ 10:15.  The game left out of the ABC picks among the Big East/ACC choices will be on ESPN2 @ Noon.  Besides the ABC regional games, the other games during the CBS SEC game are MI-IN on ESPN and Notre Dame @Air Force on CSTV.  If Hogs and Vols both win this week, it would be hard for CBS to not pick them as it will be the best game of the day. 

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: WRICATWhat is so great about GameDay?   I hardly ever watch it.   Talk's cheap.

I agree with that to a certain extent.

I see it as an incredible chance to boost recruiting.

Lets face it, when you're trying to get 17 year old kids to notice your school, it doesn't hurt if you get a ton of free face-time on the only 2 hour college football pregame show.

I do agree that talk is talk.  Winning that game on national tv will do more wonders, both now and in the future, than any pregame show can.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.