Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE OFFICIAL VT vs. CLEMSON THREAD

Started by BruceSwinesteen, October 26, 2006, 06:50:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceSwinesteen

Now that is how you start a football game.  Metallica blaring and everyone in the stadium is jumping up and down, players carry the American and state flags, and to top it off fireworks.  I wish we could do something like that at RRS.  GHG and Go Hokies

Buff

Quote from: BruceSwinesteen on October 26, 2006, 06:50:31 pm
Now that is how you start a football game.  Metallica blaring and everyone in the stadium is jumping up and down, players carry the American and state flags, and to top it off fireworks.  I wish we could do something like that at RRS.  GHG and Go Hokies
they're being too loud there.  need to tone it down some. 

bigred7987

October 26, 2006, 06:57:22 pm #2 Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 06:59:27 pm by bigred7987
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CQ4rshnRX34&mode=related&search=

I dream of a day when we are like this

BruceSwinesteen

Yea, I forget that some people might be asked to sit down and keep the noise down.

CallThemHawgs!

I was just getting on here to post about this... that was awesome, we need to take a page outta their book and get PUMPED up. The WHOLE place was jumping... now that was cool.

MDH

"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Sonofahog

My daughter  ( a Hog Fan 1st and foremost)  has become a VaTech fan.  She lives in Virginia.  She went to the VT S. Miss game last week.   She said it was crazy like the Texas game.  Wish we could have that atomosphere at EVERY game.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

12under

great atmosphere....sure beats our country bumpkin music we play

MDH

That crowd cost Clemson 1 time out already.  The people on the hill should take note.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

dakpowers

Quote from: 12under on October 26, 2006, 07:06:38 pm
great atmosphere....sure beats our country bumpkin music we play
LOL, Amen to that.

BruceSwinesteen

The Tenn game would be a great time to start, on national tv, possible game day crew in town, couple that with a big win over the Vols and you should be able to sell the UA to recruits from coast to coast.

HogFaninGA

dakpowers

What an effort to get the ball over before stepping out of bounds... Amazing stretch.

CallThemHawgs!

Just curious but how big is our band compared to others? for some reason it seems really quiet and I sit in the south endzone.

Adam Stokes

I don't like VT, but I hope they win so we can pass Clemson in all the polls.

threeNout

Tusks

Quote from: Buffinator:  Reloaded on October 26, 2006, 06:52:04 pm
they're being too loud there.  need to tone it down some. 

yeah hogs fans shouldn't get too excited or anything.  Probably be better off putting soft cushion chairs on the bleachers....maybe even some recliners....no sense getting all worked up and excited and raising hell.  That's so 70's.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: threeNout on October 26, 2006, 07:43:25 pm
10-7 Tech

Just turned back to it....what happened VTech start stacking the line forcing them to pass on them?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

threeNout

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on October 26, 2006, 07:48:58 pm
Quote from: threeNout on October 26, 2006, 07:43:25 pm
10-7 Tech

Just turned back to it....what happened VTech start stacking the line forcing them to pass on them?

Clemson's run defense doesn't impress me, that's how Tech has got their 10 points, with a few little passes mixed in

MDH

Doesn't that Schmidt punter look a little big?  Good punt though.

The_Bionic_Pig

CLEMSON IS ONE DIMENSIONAL and is being exposed.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Buff

do we want clemson to lose: a.) to help our ratings, or b.) b/c they're overrated and not top-10?

HogFaninGA

Quote from: Buffinator:  Reloaded on October 26, 2006, 08:19:23 pm
do we want clemson to lose: a.) to help our ratings, or b.) b/c they're overrated and not top-10?

A

Hawgon

VT is definitely demonstrating that even the most potent run oriented offense can be shut down completely.  You have to be able to pass, and pass down the field in order to stretch the defense.  I hope HDN is watching.  Of course, if he is, he is probably saying, "Clemson is so close.  If they would just make one more block, put a hat on somebody, execute...they would take one to the house."

Ross U (HDHF)

Score update? I'm still at work :(

MDH

jdevers

I honestly don't see the issue with our stadium noise.  Now, I sit in the student section (not that overflow crap up top on the south end zone, the real one...), so that means I am biased somewhat, but still RRS can get LOUD sometimes.  Now it isn't all that loud when we are up or down by 30 with five minutes to go, but overall it can be loud.  The fans can also be pretty loud outside of RRS (and I don't mean WMS either) too, listen to the Vanderbilt or Auburn games, WE were louder at their stadium than they are at many points in the game.  Now, I wish we were as pumped up for every game as we were for the last Texas game here, but that just doesn't happen without rivalries...especially nice bitter ones like Texas.  RRS was really loud during the first 20 or so minutes of the USC game too, I could barely speak the next day and I was far from the loudest person in our area.  I've been to games in several other stadiums and the only one I can say always seems louder is Death Valley, but the simple fact that they call it that means something.  There are not many more intimidating places in the country to play than LSU, that place makes Neyland sound quiet by comparison.  If we could get RRS up to that level, we would probably still complain about it, but at least then most of us would know it is something special.

I will say that the redesigned RRS caters more to the wrong crowd, having more people there helps it be louder, but all those boxes are wasted space in my opinion.  I guess as long as it pays some of the bills during off years...

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: MDH on October 26, 2006, 08:24:48 pm
Quote from: HopelesslyDevotedHogFan on October 26, 2006, 08:23:43 pm
Score update? I'm still at work :(
10-7 VT at the half.

Thanks!  It looks like my prediction is holding so far.

BigArkyintheRock

GO HOKIES! Clemson's QB is not much of a passer. VT sure looks to have some good speed on D and swarming to the ball. Keep it going Hokies! BEAT CLEMSON! :)

WPS! :razorback:
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

BigArkyintheRock

Va. Tech with the interception!! GO HOKIES!! Clemson is struggling tonight. I love it!!

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

L.A.

Quote from: BigArkyintheRock on October 26, 2006, 08:50:09 pm
Va. Tech with the interception!! GO HOKIES!! Clemson is struggling tonight. I love it!!

+1

The_Bionic_Pig

One more time -> CLEMSON IS ONE DIMENSIONAL
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hog6

I've been posting here all day about the emotion VT has had going into the game and ... TD VT Tech....!!!!!

Sonofahog

Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

L.A.

I can smell the top 10! :)

threeNout

17-7 Tech

this is looking good.

Clemson can't stop the run, we'd kill 'em

getting exposed? oh yea

ExArky

Quote from: CallThemHawgs! on October 26, 2006, 07:28:07 pm
Just curious but how big is our band compared to others? for some reason it seems really quiet and I sit in the south endzone.

Tech actually has two bands ... a small cadet-oriented "regimental band" and then the regular college marching band ... you're probably seeing the regimental band.

Hog6

To Ken?  Don't know if you guys are watching this but this young safety can hit boy.  Earlier he laid the wood on a VT player..

threeNout

Is that saftey for Clemson, Hamlin, Kenny's brother or something?

Just got a look at his face and he looks a lot like him.

L.A.

Quote from: threeNout on October 26, 2006, 09:07:17 pm

Don't think so, Ken is from Memphis, he is from SC

HogFaninGA

No, The Clemson guy is named Michael Hamlin from Lamar, SC.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: lower_arkansas on October 26, 2006, 09:14:15 pm
Quote from: threeNout on October 26, 2006, 09:07:17 pm

Don't think so, Ken is from Memphis, he is from SC

The Clemson guy, Michael Hamlin is from Lamar, SC.

Thrilbilly

If VT wins what would this do for the rankings and how would it effect the Hogs?

ArmyHog

The commentators on ESPN just talked about Clemson not being used to this type of atmosphere. Virginia Tech is tough but try playing in the SEC every week. I also saw on ESPN where we are not picked to win SEC west, just makes it so much sweeter when we do. Oh yah, we look way better than either one of these teams playing tonight. GO HOGS!!!!!

BigArkyintheRock

This game should come with a NC-17 rating! Clemson is getting so exposed by V. Tech tonight!

:D

GO HOKIES!! WOOHOOO TOUCHDOWN HOKIES!! 23-7 HOKIES!! PAT to come!!

HogFaninGA

We will most likely move up 1 spot in most of the polls is my guess.

Sao Ming

Their BCS hopes may have just ended with that TD by VT.

threeNout

24-7 Tech.

I think we just moved up at least 1 spot

Reaganite

I guess we see the value of what commentators like the gameday crew are worth.

They were sucking on Clemson's tail pipe like crazy last saturday night.

HA!

Keep on pluggin' Au-burned you idiots.