Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ark. vs. Tenn. ESPN Gameday?

Started by Reb-87, October 09, 2006, 03:51:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reb-87

Anyone think that if the Hogs win out until Tenn. and Tenn. wins out till the Hogs ESPN might consider doing Gameday here? could be a match-up of two top 10 teams?

Arazorbackguy1

nope, ESPN doesn't like to promote Fayetteville
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

brooks74

We have to beat Ole Miss and S. Carolina first.

Sow’sEar

good question.  It may depend on who else is playing that weekend.  No chance if this is the same weekend as Ohio State/Michigan.

PAHog

If there's not a decent match-up in the Big10 and USC is not playing anyone half-decent and is still undefeated.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

WxHog

If both teams win their games between now and then, I think there is a legit chance.   However, USC plays Oregon and Auburn plays Georgia.   Those are good candidates too in their eyes. 

football17

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 09, 2006, 03:52:48 pm

that is the most ridiculous, unfounded statement... you win, you get publicity... as in Saturday...

bigred7987

its Oregon vs. USC...South Carolina vs. Florida   Might be Georgia vs. Auburn that weekend too
I like our chances if we both win out until that game. 

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

If we get it, Lando and I are in charge of making the Hogville signs to raise behind Corso's head!

Mwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Reb-87

Swino

I doubt it.  I bet it will be USC vs. Oregon

Torqued pork

Quote from: Lulu Hog on October 09, 2006, 03:53:52 pm
good question.  It may depend on who else is playing that weekend.  No chance if this is the same weekend as Ohio State/Michigan.
or Notre Dame/So. Cal

TouchdownRazrbcks

Quote from: WxHog on October 09, 2006, 03:54:29 pm
         If both teams win their games between now and then, I think there is a legit chance.   However, USC plays Oregon and Auburn plays Georgia.   Those are good candidates too in their eyes. 

I dont see the Auburn Georgia game being as big, but if we win out and they do too, then I think there is a really good chance..
WE could only hope.....

GO HOGS

reeser

if its the weekend of Spurrier vs. Flordia, they'll be there no doubt
It's about getting control of your life and letting go at the same time.   - The Cup

PAHog

To update my previous post, USC is hosting Oregon that weekend, and we would most likely get bested by a GA v. Auburn match-up.  Other than that there are not many interesting games that Saturday.  Only other big match-up would be Louisville at Rutgers, but that's already been picked up by ESPN for Thursday night.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

jackel1h

Nope,,,,, Corso and crew will vote against it.

:razorback:     
If your not the lead dog........The view never changes.

oldbear

They seem to love the USC/Oregon matchup and having that game would get the Los Angeles market which is bigger than Arkansas, Tennessee and a lot of the SEC combined.  I would love to see it, but just don't think it will happen.

OnYourToes

Quote from: reeser on October 09, 2006, 03:57:35 pm
if its the weekend of Spurrier vs. Flordia, they'll be there no doubt

Do they play at FLA?
They were just there Saturday!!
Is there a rule on only one place per season?

They have also been to USC already this year.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

SteelShot

October 09, 2006, 04:05:23 pm #18 Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 05:07:06 pm by SteelShot
Quote from: Reb-87 on October 09, 2006, 03:51:53 pm
Anyone think that if the Hogs win out until Tenn. and Tenn. wins out till the Hogs ESPN might consider doing Gameday here? could be a match-up of two top 10 teams?

Way to early to be asking this.  What makes you think that its a lock that we beat Ole Miss and go on the road and beat South Carolina?
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

WxHog

October 09, 2006, 04:05:52 pm #19 Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 04:07:28 pm by WxHog
Quote from: Swino on October 09, 2006, 03:55:34 pm

At first, I thought USC/Oregon might be the most likely place, too.  However, it should also be pointed out that USC and Notre Dame play in L.A. 2 weeks later.  They might save the trip to USC then, instead of going to L.A. 2 out of 3 consecutive weeks.

Reb-87

Quote from: SteelShot on October 09, 2006, 04:05:23 pm
Quote from: Reb-87 on October 09, 2006, 03:51:53 pm

Way to early to be asking this.  What makes you think that its a lock that we beat Ole Miss and go on teh road and beat South Carolina?

its called wishfull thinking and im not saying that we will im saying IF, i think South Carolina is going to be a tough test

williamsB

Tenn has to play LSU the week before they play us.

Florida plays both Ga and Auburn before the Tenn-AR game.

Who knows what is going to happen

hogfankb

Spurriers return to the Swamp.

A good soap opera always wins out over good football on ESPN.

Hollywood_HOGan

they've been to those places about a million times in the last five years.

If Tennessee and Arkansas are both 8-1 and ranked in the top ten, gotta belive they will want to come to Arkansas for the first time.

What an atmosphere that would be. All those hogcalls and chants on national tv.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: hogfankb on October 09, 2006, 04:13:54 pm
Spurriers return to the Swamp.

A good soap opera always wins out over good football on ESPN.

They were at Florida last week.

hogfankb

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on October 09, 2006, 04:15:49 pm
they've been to those places about a million times in the last five years.

When has that ever stopped them before?

bigred7987

If we beat South Carolina they are looking at a near 500 record.  I can understand if South Carolina was a legit contender.  But seeing as how gameday has been in LA and Florida already.  They might look favorable on somewhere other than there esp. with resurgin Arkansas and TN teams.

williamsB

pure speculation, too far ahead BUT if it works out, two 8-1 schools with QBs like Ainge and Mustain will be big, no matter where you live if you are a college football fan

PIGINAPOKE

There are no good Greek sandwich shops in Fayetteville so Corso wont come here.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

williamsB

I thought Kosmos was pretty good??

Brand X Hog Fan

"IF" the Hogs and Tennessee are both in first place in their divisions when they meet, then the game will be huge and certainly worth a Gameday visit. When we beat Tennessee, that will give us bragging rights for the whole SEC!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Izual65

if Tenn and Ark win out, it'll be a no. 12 vs no. 4 matchup between two 8-1 teams, with the HOGS undefeated 8-0 with Mustain.....they'll come. Auburn and Georgia will have two losses apeice and oregon just got spanked last week, so USC-Oregon won't happen. Unless OSU and Michigan are playing.

Cresthog

Word around campus is that if we both win out Gameday will show up. Atleast that is what i heard even though i know someone will come on here and call me liar.

B Ray

Quote from: WxHog on October 09, 2006, 03:54:29 pm
         If both teams win their games between now and then, I think there is a legit chance.   However, USC plays Oregon and Auburn plays Georgia.   Those are good candidates too in their eyes. 
Somebody said that ESPN was going to be at the Florida vs Auburn game this weekend, that may make a differnce between Aub and GA

BassinHawg

Schedule for Saturday November 11, 2006 with Current Rankings

#1 Ohio State at Northwestern
South Carolina at #2 Florida
#4 Michigan at Indiana
Cincinnati at #5 West Virginia
#6 Texas at Kansas State
#16 Georgia at #11 Auburn
North Carolina State at #12 Clemson
#13 Georgia Tech at North Carolina
#25 Wisconsin at #15 Iowa
Texas Tech at #23 Oklahoma
Kent State at #22 Virginia Tech
#8 Tennessee at #17 Arkansas
#21 Nebraska at Texas A&M
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: BassinHawg on October 09, 2006, 09:23:30 pm

#4 Michigan at Indiana
#6 Texas at Kansas State

If both Arkansas and Tennessee are 8-1, that game could be bigger than any of us could have imagined before the season started.

hogfan13

#4 Michigan at Indiana
#6 Texas at Kansas State

Those are the other options.

Or...If we win out up till the LSU Game...Gameday can go to LR for the Golden Boot Game

brichte

Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on October 09, 2006, 04:53:03 pm

Yes there is on dickson street. They have really good food, me and my wife love to eat there.

ArchitectHog

Quote from: brichte on October 09, 2006, 09:32:09 pm

Yes there is on dickson street. They have really good food, me and my wife love to eat there.

Refrencing Kosmos?..........
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

ChicoHog

Wtih Clemson playing well and NC St back on track they may go to that game.  Plus that will likely be on ABC or maybe an ESPN night game while the Hog/Tenn game will be CBS or hopefully an ESPN night game.  GameDay is at Auburn this week for the UF/Auburn game and they're doing the 360 coverage (ESPN, ESPN@ and ESPNU) like they did on the FSU/Miami game Labor day night.   

brichte

Quote from: R_Chi_TeKHoG on October 09, 2006, 09:34:09 pm
Quote from: brichte on October 09, 2006, 09:32:09 pm

Refrencing Kosmos?..........

No Emelias Kitchen

three

Here's what will likely happen.  We will likely be in the top 15 and 7-1 when we play AT SOUTH CAROLINA.  That will likely be a night game on ESPN.  If it's CLOSE, regardless of outcome, then ESPN GAMEDAY will likely go to Spurrier's return to Florida.  If it's a decisive Arkansas WIN, then I think your chances of getting gameday significantly improve.

MY guess is, the AR/SC game will be picked up by ESPN, Gameday will either go to Gainesville or LA, and AR/TN will likely be part of a CBS doubleheader with GA/AU, and FL/SC will be the night game on ESPN.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on October 09, 2006, 09:32:06 pm

#4 Michigan at Indiana
#6 Texas at Kansas State

Those are the other options.

Or...If we win out up till the LSU Game...Gameday can go to LR for the Golden Boot Game

But will they, with the game being on CBS? I think Ark vs Tenn will be the marquee match up that day but even thinking about it is giving me a gut ache. I just want to get through SEMO without any controversy / injuries.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

The Hogville sign will read:

Fire Houston Nutt and Corso is a Homosexual!!!!!
WPS and GHG!!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: PAHOGFAN on October 09, 2006, 10:24:59 pm
I see no one has mentioned the x factor.  herbstreit has a new found love for the HOGS.  I think that this could play a part.  Oh how sweet it would be!!

Herb is a goob but he's funny!

BigArkyintheRock

I think IF Tennessee and Arkansas are both 8-1 and both ranked in the top ten going into the game, it just might happen. I hope!!

WPS! :razorback:
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

_Collin1

Its not, thats a week later.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

_Collin1

Quote from: football17 on October 09, 2006, 03:54:46 pm
Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 09, 2006, 03:52:48 pm

that is the most ridiculous, unfounded statement... you win, you get publicity... as in Saturday...

Not so true...  #1 Tenn and #9 Arkansas were NOT the college gameday back in 1998.  They opted for a a team ranked in the 20's versus a non ranked team.  Someone would have to look up where they were that weekend, but I was always shocked by that decision.

_Collin1

Quote from: Swino on October 09, 2006, 03:55:34 pm

OR they will do a west coast game for the west coast and another game for the rest of the nation like they have been doing last week and this upcoming week.

_Collin1

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on October 09, 2006, 03:56:02 pm
or Notre Dame/So. Cal

Next weekend also.  You people are on the internet... look it up.