Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY KODI AND LEE !!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Sao Ming, October 07, 2006, 02:25:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nashville Fan

I can't wait to hear from TRG. I hope the HDN and GM took em out of the stands to sing the fight song with the team.
Pittman or Bust!

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

fortcityhog

president? why do you say "NOT" ??? i say welcome aboard!!!!  Kodi called Auburn a National Championship team and a CONTENDER. ....  arkansas has all the potential to be a true contender over the next few years. 

Humghog31

Quote from: mj4president on October 07, 2006, 03:29:02 pm
They will NOT be going to Arkansas.

Poor you, just can't make yourself eat your words huh

HedgeDweller

Good thing they get to make their OWN decision....

Flatline

You don't know teenagers very well do you.  They can change their minds from day to day. 

T-Bag Hawg

It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

Hawgballz

Quote from: MLH on October 07, 2006, 10:01:48 pm

You don't know teenagers very well do you.  They can change their minds from day to day. 

I believe he is a teenager as 3 months ago he said Lee was a "lock" for Arkansas.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

pigture perfect

Boys, We'd love to have you. Better yet, our young people in Arkansas will cheer you as heroes for staying home. At Auburn, you'd be faces in the crowd.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Swino

As of last week, our chances were slim to none that we would get them, did the game help us out?  I don't know, but I hope so.

T-Bag Hawg

According to rivals, Lee and Kodi are going to AU-Fla this weekend.  Arkansas after the season.  We get the last shot at them.
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: T-Bag Hawg on October 09, 2006, 09:23:58 am
According to rivals, Lee and Kodi are going to AU-Fla this weekend.  Arkansas after the season.  We get the last shot at them.

You beat me too it when a player attends a game the coaches & players (host) are only allowed so little time with him and the Arkansas coaches like to plan their visits in January so they can devote (Fri-Sun) with the player not just hand him & family/h.s. coach tickets.  Our Offensive Coordinator Gus Malzahn will have 72 straight hours of one on one which is lethal in my book a week or two before signing day  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

H&D

\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Hawgballz

Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

oldbear

When have you ever heard anyone that was affiliated with a president or campaign for president say anything truthful?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Come on boys, things will be even better next year!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

HogPharmD

Blame my suspicious nature... but with both Lee's parents being Auburn alum... #1 Do we have a "good" chance of getting him? (I wonder if an Auburn flag flew outside their house last Saturday?)
#2 Could this be a recruiting tactic to get Kodi?
#3 I know... I'll add this before someone else does.... Was there a second shooter on the lawn in Dallas in 1963.

just thoughts

mbgrulz

Quote from: T-Bag Hawg on October 09, 2006, 09:23:58 am
good, they will get to see AU get beat twice in a row and they will get to witness auburn fans going crazy on TT. if they thought the booing at the SC game was bad, just wait. i was a florida gator fan on saturday, and i will be one all through the week.

SonOfMud

Remember, a kid is doing what they think is best for them and their future.

When deciding what school you want to go to think about this:

Who would you want to play for: Tommy or HDN?

Who produces more NFL talent: Auburn or Arkansas?

Who would you like to sit behind: Mustain (Fr.) or Cox (Jr.)?

I really do hope the Hogs get both of these kids, but if the Hogs get them , it is because these kids WANT to be Hogs.  No other reason, unfortunately.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

mbgrulz

Quote from: SonOfMud on October 09, 2006, 04:22:15 pm
Remember, a kid is doing what they think is best for them and their future.

When deciding what school you want to go to think about this:

Who would you want to play for: Tommy or HDN?

Who produces more NFL talent: Auburn or Arkansas?

Who would you like to sit behind: Mustain (Fr.) or Cox (Jr.)?

I really do hope the Hogs get both of these kids, but if the Hogs get them , it is because these kids WANT to be Hogs.  No other reason, unfortunately.
you need to take a look at who is behind cox. that guy will be a RS Frosh. by my count he will have 4 years left and MM will have 3. i dont think putting TT against HDN really makes much of a point. they are both good coaches, but you made the point like TT was charlie weiss or urban meyer. how bout who would you rather play for: Al Borges or Gus malzahn?

Malzahn is the new hot ticket of the NCAA and Borges is the guy who "couldnt get hired in the PAC-10".

who would you rather throw blocks for? DMAC, Felix, and mitch or a sore loser who wasnt man enough to admit he was out-gunned and out-performed (irons, who will graduate befoe lee would be there, but you get the point)

SonOfMud

Quote from: mbgrulz on October 09, 2006, 04:50:50 pm
you need to take a look at who is behind cox. that guy will be a RS Frosh. by my count he will have 4 years left and MM will have 3. i dont think putting TT against HDN really makes much of a point. they are both good coaches, but you made the point like TT was charlie weiss or urban meyer. how bout who would you rather play for: Al Borges or Gus malzahn?

Malzahn is the new hot ticket of the NCAA and Borges is the guy who "couldnt get hired in the PAC-10".

who would you rather throw blocks for? DMAC, Felix, and mitch or a sore loser who wasnt man enough to admit he was out-gunned and out-performed (irons, who will graduate befoe lee would be there, but you get the point)

Who is behind Cox?  An unproven qb.  If Burns comes here, he'll have a chance to beat out Mitch. But at AU the backup is an unproven commodity.  You have to admit, the AU situation would be more attractive to a qb.

TT or Houston.  You are putting them on the same page?  This is laughable.  TT has led Auburn to the most wins in school history (13), the Sugar Bowl title and the SEC Championship during the 2005 season. Led Auburn to five SEC Western Division titles and six consecutive bowl appearances from 2000-05.  HDN unfortunately does not compare.

Malzahn or Borges.  Now, could you link where Malzahn has been talked about as the new hot ticket?  Remember, 27 points is the most points Arkansas has put up.  I think against ULM it will be a whole lot more.  Hopefully.

Borges on the other hand did put a qb into the league.  He turned around the AU offense when he came to town.  Everyone in the SEC thinks Borges is a very good OC.

I don't quite understand about "who would Ziemba want to block for", this doesn't even make sense in this arguement (the way you used it).  Though McFadden and Jones would make any OL look better. 

Once again, I hope Z and Burns committ to the Hogs. If they do, it will be because they are from Arkansas and want to represent for their state.  If they weren't from Arkansas, they wouldn't be giving the Hogs a second glance. 
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

mbgrulz

the guy behind cox will have a full season and 2 spring camps over kodi. if he is what they think he is, he will leave 1 year for KB to work with.

i wasnt saying TT and nutt were on the same level, but i was just saying that TT doesnt exactly carry much of a wow factor with his name. i dont think a player would really be that much more impressed with TT than HDN. basically TT is not a heavy hitter. done a good job? hell yes.

si.com, they said that coaches like rush propst (the hoover HS coach) and a few others could thank gus malzahn. 27 pts was on a defense that was top 4 in every category in the SEC. the offense will continue to grow and with plays like the FISH play, he'll keep getting more props.

remember, the SEC is not the PAC-10. SEC offenses are, save UF, UT, USC, and i think us, the SEC is like trying to run windows 95 on your computer...OUTDATED. Borges did put a QB in the league, but if you want to say that, then HDN has put 2 in. go ahead and take borges, we'll talk in a year and see who made the right call.

if you cant understand why a OL would want to block for 2 AA's, then bless your heart i cant help ya. 

SonOfMud

Quote from: mbgrulz on October 09, 2006, 09:11:04 pm
the guy behind cox will have a full season and 2 spring camps over kodi. if he is what they think he is, he will leave 1 year for KB to work with.

si.com, they said that coaches like rush propst (the hoover HS coach) and a few others could thank gus malzahn. 27 pts was on a defense that was top 4 in every category in the SEC. the offense will continue to grow and with plays like the FISH play, he'll keep getting more props.

remember, the SEC is not the PAC-10. SEC offenses are, save UF, UT, USC, and i think us, the SEC is like trying to run windows 95 on your computer...OUTDATED. Borges did put a QB in the league, but if you want to say that, then HDN has put 2 in. go ahead and take borges, we'll talk in a year and see who made the right call.

if you cant understand why a OL would want to block for 2 AA's, then bless your heart i cant help ya. 

Go to any AU message board, they are arguing about who the next qb will be.  They want Burns and Ziemba just about as bad as Hog fans.  AU's qb is Cox, and he can't be beat out by the backups, what does that tell you about his backups?  Cox isn't that good, and neither are the kids behind him.  Burns has a great chance of playing 4 years at AU.  I personally would want Burns to come to Arkansas, but there is a better chance of more playing time at AU.

What two qbs did HDN put into the league?  Are you talking about Matt Jones and Clint?  Not the best examples.  One isn't playing in the league, and one is a wr.

Borges or Malzahn.  Now Malzahn may be the best thing since sliced bread, but so far he hasn't proven anything.  One game does not prove a point.  At the end of the season, I hope the Hogs have a balanced high powered offense.  So far they don't.  I personally hope Malzahn is an offensive genius and will show recruits why they should play for him.  Remember though, against Bama, the Arkansas offense only scored ten points in regulation.

Borges did turn the AU offense around.  Turned Campbell from a scapegoat into a hero.  From a nobody to a 1st rounder. Here are a few highlights of Borges:

Notable: 2005 Rivals.com Offensive Coordinator of the Year ... Helped Auburn finish first in the SEC in scoring offense in 2005 and 2004... Coached Jason Campbell, the 2004 SEC Offensive MVP and the SEC Championship Game MVP... Coached Cade McKnown at UCLA, who was an All-American, a Heisman Trophy finalist and an NFL First Round selection... Finalist for the Frank Broyles Assistant Coach of the Year Award in 1997 and 1998... Football Coach Quarterly's Offensive Coordinator of the Year in 1997.

This is what you said

The sore loser part makes no sense.  I am guessing you added it for sheer comedy, not sure.  As of late AU puts out a steady stream of great RBs too.  Caddy and Brown ring a bell?  But like I said, blocking for McFadden and Jones will make any OL look better.  Though I think McFadden will be gone after next year. 

Like I said before, the reason the Hogs are on these two kids radar is because they are home grown.  How often does a top qb follow a Parade AA to the same school the following year.  Not very. 

I hope the Hogs sign these kids, because they are talented and will definately help the Hogs in the future.  I just think we should try and keep a balanced view of things.

mbgrulz

how many freshmen come in and start at big time D1 programs for 4 years? not many. if he spends that 1st year getting minimal PT, that would be no different than a RS year at UA and 4 years left versus 3. if cox's backups cant beat him out, then why doesnt your boy al borges get them better? 

HDN put two of his QB's in the league, i never said anything about how they turned out. JC aint exactly tearing it up right now.

did we win or lose the bama game?

the sore loser comment was based upon kenny irons refusal to give credit to DMAC and felix after the game.

the reason 90% of the schools get the players they do is because they are home grown. look at the rosters at any major college (besides USC and ND). the bulk of the starting line ups are from that particular college's state.

i think you are a good hog fan, but i think you fail to give us enough credit as a top shelf program. you seem to put auburn up on a mountain and think that we are so far away from them. where they have been in the past few years is where we will be the next few years. 

SonOfMud

Quote from: mbgrulz on October 10, 2006, 11:42:08 pm
the reason 90% of the schools get the players they do is because they are home grown. look at the rosters at any major college (besides USC and ND). the bulk of the starting line ups are from that particular college's state.

You can add these teams to your list: Tennessee, Iowa, Louisville, West Virginia and Oregon.  If I were to bother and look up other rosters I am sure I could find more. 

If you want to believe that Malzahn after 5 games is as good as every other oc in the college ranks, go ahead.

how many freshmen come in and start at big time D1 programs for 4 years? not many. if he spends that 1st year getting minimal PT, that would be no different than a RS year at UA and 4 years left versus 3. if cox's backups cant beat him out, then why doesnt your boy al borges get them better?

So are you saying that Burns would come to Arkansas and RS, and then proceed to play 4 years?  What happened to Mitch?  Saying that Borges couldn't make Cox and his backups better, is kin to saying that Malzahn couldn't make RJ better.  So lets not go there.  QB talent is talent.  It is up to the coaches to help get it out of the qb.  And from watching Cox, he isn't that talented.  He is one of those qbs that won't win you many games, but he better not lose you any. 

HDN put two of his QB's in the league, i never said anything about how they turned out. JC aint exactly tearing it up right now.
Still, this isn't the best stat to be using to back up your case.  Try again.  This time use T. Jackson as your example. :D

i think you are a good hog fan, but i think you fail to give us enough credit as a top shelf program. you seem to put auburn up on a mountain and think that we are so far away from them. where they have been in the past few years is where we will be the next few years.

You have to remember Arkansas is coming off two losing seasons.  Hopefully they are turning it around.  Not putting AU on a pedistool, just looking at it logically.  At AU Burns would have a greater chance of starting as a Soph or as a RS Fr.  Mitch is ahead of Burns at Ar, if Mitch stays at AR 4 years and starts the whole time.  Burns wouldn't play til he was a RS Jr.  And if he doesn't RS because of injures, as a Senior.

Like I said, I hope Burns comes to AR.  But if Burns looks at it from I want to play early standpoint, AU would be the way to go.  Also he would have a proven OC helping him out, though Burns has said he really likes Malzahn (so I think this point is a wash).  Also TT has proven he can win the west, and win the SEC.  I don't have a special attachment to TT or Borges.  Just trying to take those rose colored glasses off for a second.

SonOfMud

cubbie

Lets all go vote for Dmac, lets get him to New York and the players will start thinking about Arkansas all over the south.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

dcrain

Quote from: Humghog31 on October 07, 2006, 03:51:43 pm

Poor you, just can't make yourself eat your words huh

You try any of that crow yourself?

Sao Ming

Oh boy.  How wrong was I and to make it worse I typed in All CAPS.  Sao = moron.