Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bohanon/Morris

Started by HogPharmer, December 05, 2017, 11:30:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: AP85 on December 06, 2017, 11:43:05 am
Ahhh. Another pig in the pokey making predictions of "done deals".

I love HV.
he's probably right tho. G-Bo will end up at LSU or at Louisville being the next Petrino monster QB.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Walysalt on December 06, 2017, 11:42:23 am
Bohannon is a silent commit to Baylor. Wonder why he didn't pick smu ?
LSU or UL, baw
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 06, 2017, 11:43:25 am
haha... he snaps it.. holds it... kicks it... lol

Kordell. Get in there and punt.

AirWarren

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 06, 2017, 11:44:14 am
he's probably right tho. G-Bo will end up at LSU or at Louisville being the next Petrino monster QB.

Jay wright was a lock at ole miss.
Greg childs was a Florida lock.

Please stop.

LRHawg

Nothing is a done deal until the letter is faxed in. We have a shot.

tomahawkhog

Don't forget about Daulton Hyatt. Kid can run and throw. I actually think he'll fit nicely in CM's offense
Go Hogs!

PorkRinds

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on December 06, 2017, 11:39:56 am
If he comes, he needs to beat out Connor Noland also. Don't sleep on the kid from Greenwood. I can't wait to see him throwing touchdowns for the Hogs and striking out batters for DVH and the Diamond Hogs. He's a true 2 sport stud. The only monkey wrench in his playing for the Hogs is the MLB Draft. He is thought to be a very high draft pick unless the pros think he is 100% wanting to attend Arkansas. Even then, a team could draft him lower and throw a lot of money at him as an over slot payment pick.

That's not exactly true. He's not going to be a high mlb draft pick.

Tyro3

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 06, 2017, 10:27:05 am
I'm telling you he's not. He will sign elsewhere. It's a done deal. Chad Morris, Morris the Cat, Morris Day and the Time - doesn't matter - he will not play for Ark. Ship has sailed.

So you don't think that Morris will even talk to him?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 05, 2017, 11:30:54 pm
Gerry Bohanon is the #1 deciding factor for Morris. 1) Morris must get him here at AR. I think the style of offense Morris runs will help greatly. 2) Make him EARN the job. We haven't seen a quarterback EARN a job at Arkansas in quite a while. Keep the starters in check! The best man will play! 3) Feed the beast! TJ Hammonds is a game changer. He is the back/receiver we need that can really open up the offense for a dual threat QB. Don't let him leave and let him know that if he can produce like we saw last year, given the chance, our offense will excel. Auburn's offense wouldn't have made it without Johnson to keep defenses in check this season. TJ is a game changer and would be for ANY SEC team.

Don't be surprised if a WR or HB that used to be a HS QB winds up getting a shot at QB...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Holmes501

I would rather have GB, but How does Connor Noland fit into this scheme? bring them both and let them battle it out?

Coondog Hog

He'll visit with Bohannon he has to and soon.  I don't know all the NCAA rules, but when he does visit they ought to make it the biggest media spectacle they can and roll out the red carpet for the kid all in public view.  Every news station in the state should be live airing Morris pulling into the kids school or driveway.  Need to make that kid feel like he's as big a the POTUS or the Governor.  Fans should have a parade in Earle for him with 100 cars and float decorated with Hog stuff and the damn little Shriner cars.

Bielema screwed us bad on this kid and we have to find a way to woo him back.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

atom hog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 05, 2017, 11:35:18 pm
I want to see him come in and TAKE the job from Cole.
^^^^^^
This!!!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 06, 2017, 12:13:55 am
Connor Noland could be an option. Not the dual threat that Bohanon is, but i think he can use his feet enough to be successful in CM's offense

Really? He has a better 40 time than Bohannon and he's got a cannon for an arm.
I am shocked at how Connor is being left out.

He's going to be a lot better than the people on here are giving credit for. SMH!

steveaustin69

Quote from: Coondog Hog on December 06, 2017, 11:54:36 am
He'll visit with Bohannon he has to and soon.  I don't know all the NCAA rules, but when he does visit they ought to make it the biggest media spectacle they can and roll out the red carpet for the kid all in public view.  Every news station in the state should be live airing Morris pulling into the kids school or driveway.  Need to make that kid feel like he's as big a the POTUS or the Governor.  Fans should have a parade in Earle for him with 100 cars and float decorated with Hog stuff and the damn little Shriner cars.

Bielema screwed us bad on this kid and we have to find a way to woo him back.

If I was a top recruit and a school did that they'd immediately be dropped from my list.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Holmes501 on December 06, 2017, 11:49:06 am
I would rather have GB, but How does Connor Noland fit into this scheme? bring them both and let them battle it out?

Wow you don't even know about Connor but you would rather have GB...Just wow..

Bohanon has nothing on Connor! Nothing athletically other than size and he doesn't have the arm talent over Connor. I'll hang up now but you guys are idiots.

steveaustin69

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 06, 2017, 12:09:48 pm

Bohanon has nothing on Connor! Nothing athletically other than size and he doesn't have the arm talent over Connor. I'll hang up now but you guys are idiots.

You hangin up forever?

hogsanity

I have officiated CN both in Fb and Baseball and I can tell you he has a gun and wheels. Never seen GB in person.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

MC_Hog

Why don't we get a QB that can actually play in the SEC. You do not need to be getting your players from 2A or 3A

Tusker4life

We just need to focus on recruiting now and convince our best Arkansas kids to go to the university. The search is over, no one can change the decision so no reason to gripe. Let's ALL just get behind OUR coach, not everyone's favorite could get hired. All the negativity is not going to change anything and just hurts HV and hurts the team. #hogfansunite WPS
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

hogsanity

and as usual HV will focus on offense. Morris will succeed or fail based on how much he or his dc can improve the D.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: AP85 on December 06, 2017, 11:45:31 am
Jay wright was a lock at ole miss.
Greg childs was a Florida lock.

Please stop.
those are his #1 and #2. Chad has two weeks to over take them. I hope to God he does as G-Bo is my #1 recruit this cycle I want.
@Slackaveli

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2017, 12:18:52 pm
and as usual HV will focus on offense. Morris will succeed or fail based on how much he or his dc can improve the D.

i agree, but i also figure that the AR talent that is "known" will have a say in it. If CN GB and Burks come to the Hill and pan out like we all think we should we will score alot to where our defense won't have to be ranked in the single digits.  You know Score 40 give up 20...

The_Iceman

ipigsooie

Looks like a a&m commit is decommitting and considering arkansas bc of Morris. Big time qb. This may work out just fine

RazorNick

I think CK is a little too slow for CCM offense

jgphillips3

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2017, 12:18:52 pm

There's been plenty of talk about hoping he gets Venables or another good DC (Graham maybe).  This is a thread about one of the two best QB's in the State so I wouldn't expect much talk about the D here.

jgphillips3

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RazorNick on December 06, 2017, 12:21:36 pm
I think CK is a little too slow for CCM offense
i heard this from a coach nearby G-Bo...take it fwiw...

"I'm not sure. I haven't talked to him (since the morris hire). He will give Morris time to give him his pitch, but I have a feeling that he's going to LSU. I know right before Bielema was fired, when I asked where he thought he'd end up he said he saw himself at LSU unless he found out more about Norvell or Petrino's futures. Another thing that may hurt is that he doesn't want to be a running QB. That's why he liked Petrino so much, because he thought he could develop as a passer. And he preferred Norvell's version of the RPO stuff over most others. Norvell's doesn't use the QB to run as much. It isn't based off a QB being a running threat. Morris, Gus, and most others base theirs off of the threat of the QB taking off. Gerry doesn't really like running the ball if he doesn't have to. That's why he ruled Gus out so long ago. I guess we are about to find out what kind of recruiter Morris really is."

sounds like we have a slim chance but a chance all the same.

@Slackaveli

hogsanity

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 06, 2017, 12:21:51 pm
There's been plenty of talk about hoping he gets Venables or another good DC (Graham maybe).  This is a thread about one of the two best QB's in the State so I wouldn't expect much talk about the D here.

I dont expect much talk of the D anywhere.

So I go back to a question from earlier, are we now putting out hopes on a kid from a 2a Ar SH coming in here and playing as a TR FR? Are we using his recruitment as some litmus test of Morris?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 06, 2017, 12:22:35 pm
Well, things just...got...interesting!
GUNNELL IS THE ONE WE NEED OMG I FORGOT ABOUT HIM.
@Slackaveli

RazorNick

This dude has offers from everybody!

870hogfan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 06, 2017, 11:44:14 am

Norvill still coming?

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

RazorNick

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 06, 2017, 12:23:39 pm
i heard this from a coach nearby G-Bo...take it fwiw...

"I'm not sure. I haven't talked to him (since the morris hire). He will give Morris time to give him his pitch, but I have a feeling that he's going to LSU. I know right before Bielema was fired, when I asked where he thought he'd end up he said he saw himself at LSU unless he found out more about Norvell or Petrino's futures. Another thing that may hurt is that he doesn't want to be a running QB. That's why he liked Petrino so much, because he thought he could develop as a passer. And he preferred Norvell's version of the RPO stuff over most others. Norvell's doesn't use the QB to run as much. It isn't based off a QB being a running threat. Morris, Gus, and most others base theirs off of the threat of the QB taking off. Gerry doesn't really like running the ball if he doesn't have to. That's why he ruled Gus out so long ago. I guess we are about to find out what kind of recruiter Morris really is."

sounds like we have a slim chance but a chance all the same.

Is this in reference to Cole Kelly?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 870hogfan on December 06, 2017, 12:26:15 pm

Norvill still coming?
who is that?

NorVELL , if thats who you mean, well, after we passed he re-signed with memphis. hopefully in the future he'll still consider us. He is very young.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

steveaustin69

Quote from: MC_Hog on December 06, 2017, 12:17:14 pm
Why don't we get a QB that can actually play in the SEC. You do not need to be getting your players from 2A or 3A

Yeah, that Michael Dyer sure couldn't cut it in the SEC. Just beat up on all those slow central Arkansas 3A boys; knew he'd be terrible at the next level.

jdlew

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 06, 2017, 12:13:55 am
Connor Noland could be an option. Not the dual threat that Bohanon is, but i think he can use his feet enough to be successful in CM's offense

This guy will be your QB... unless Morris brings in a juco or some one not on the radar..he can really throw it and mobile enough to keep the defense honest...

HogPharmer

Everybody knocking CM for his poor recruiting... He hasn't even been officially announced as HC and recruits are already reconsidering this program for our benefit.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

3kgthog

A) Why would any QB consider LSU? They've killed more QBs than Reggie White and LT combined.

B) I'd bet Baylor was a factor because of Bielema's offense. I bet that now changes with a new offense on the Hill.

HogPharmer

People have whined about not keeping the good Arkansas players here when they play college ball. But when we start talking about the good players, they're suddenly not good enough because of the size of school they go to? Apparently Arkansas isn't the only program that sees something in GB considering he has offers from multiple Top programs.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

#1 STUNNA

you mean like the last 2 we had that played 7A? lol

hogcards

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 05, 2017, 11:35:18 pm
I want to see him come in and TAKE the job from Cole.

+1000

His future here is seriously in doubt.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

870rzrback

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 05, 2017, 11:39:41 pm
I do not think CK can run a power spread offense.  He will have to be fast to the holes.  We have the RBs to run the offense, we just don't have the QB.
1st off don't get me wrong I have never watched a chad morris coached offense have no idea what he likes to do. But just saying ryan mallet ran a power spread offense here and he is about the least mobile QB I've ever seen. Power spread doesn't mean you need a mobile QB. Morris may prefer one. But Cole could definitely run a power spread.

swinesation

Quote from: tomahawkhog on December 06, 2017, 11:47:20 am
Don't forget about Daulton Hyatt. Kid can run and throw. I actually think he'll fit nicely in CM's offense

I agree. From looking at their videos, Hyatt looks like the fastest out of him, Noland, & Bohannon.

Hoginsavga

That's exactly what Herschel Walker said when Coach Dooley recruited him to at GA. Herschel told coach you know I play at a 2A  high school and will never play a down at UGA.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: AP85 on December 06, 2017, 11:43:05 am
Ahhh. Another pig in the pokey making predictions of "done deals".

I love HV.
I tend not to make lots of predictions and I only do with a source. Let's revisit GB in a few weeks.

010HogFan

why so hostile? the guy asked a question lol. You sure defend Greenwood hard for someone from Alma

HogPharmer

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 06, 2017, 12:58:26 pm
why so hostile? the guy asked a question lol. You sure defend Greenwood hard for someone from Alma

Careful or you're about to get an invite to the Alma Sonic

SemperHawg

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 05, 2017, 11:39:41 pm
I do not think CK can run a power spread offense.  He will have to be fast to the holes.  We have the RBs to run the offense, we just don't have the QB.
In regards to CK running a power spread, I am far less concerned with his legs than I am his release time/speed and accuracy. He doesn't need to be a weapon running the ball in the power spread, he just needs to be good enough to get 7-10 yards and keep the defense honest (which I think we have seen he can do).

His release time/speed and accuracy on the other hand, there are a lot of screen plays that will be getting added to his route tree that require he get the ball out on time and in the exact right spot.