Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Peterson to the Vols?

Started by checkraiser88, December 04, 2017, 06:13:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

A lot of talk on twitter, Vols fans are obviously delusional no way in hell!!

East TN HAWG

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 04, 2017, 06:13:55 pm
Heard this about a week ago. I also heard Gruden again today. 

Killean

Peterson is never leaving Washington.

The Vols will be lucky to get Les Miles.  They might end up with John L. Smith at their current trajectory.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

onebadrubi

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 04, 2017, 06:13:55 pm

You officially win the award for most new thread started this year, by a landslide. The irrelevant ones too.

East TN HAWG

I also heard today Les Miles with Tee Martin (HC in waiting).

jgphillips3

Peterson isn't leaving the West coast.  I forget the specifics, but there was some issue related to his daughter (?) why he wanted to stay up there if I remember correctly.

SooieGeneris

The whole time Peterson was in Boise, his name came up for nearly every Power 5 job. He didn't take any of them for years.

He finally left for UW after being rumored all over CFB including here in 2012.

I always heard Peterson was a west coast guy and would only leave Boise for a job on the left coast.

Now that he's there, I wouldn't look for him to leave after winning 10 or more the last 2 years. Got in the playoff last year, it would surprise most around CFB if he left there for anywhere if he wouldn't try for the UCLA job.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Dominicanhog

He's not leaving the west coast.. but if he did, throw the 7 mil his way and see what happens.. Lane was my pick from the beginning, but I thought people like Meyer, Saban and Peterson weren't available.. if he is, that's a different story..

Hogsolo

He's a west coast guy.  Wouldn't want that southern drawl.

bville_hog

article says he was interviewing with Tenn, if that is the case we should offer him the 50 mil for 7 years...he is one coach that would be worth it.

rlejeune

He trying to get raise like Gus did.  Tenn is gonna get played like ark did.

Bkhardicars

No way that happens. The Les Miles /T Martin thing might not be a disaster...

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 04, 2017, 06:22:06 pm
Peterson isn't leaving the West coast.  I forget the specifics, but there was some issue related to his daughter (?) why he wanted to stay up there if I remember correctly.

Yes, there was a health issue with a child. So he wasn't moving way east because of that (where a certain doctor/clinic is). Washington worked because because it's still close to where they need to go.

Not sure I knew that back when Bielema was hired, but Petersen was my NUMBER 1. I have no idea if any of our people talked to him, outside of a phone call. I even started watching his Boise press conferences, hoping one day he'd say "goodbye, I'm going to Arkansas."
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

travelinhog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 04, 2017, 06:22:06 pm

During the 2012 coaching search someone mentioned that Peterson child's condition no longer required being near certain medical facilities. That medical treatment was the supposed reason he was staying in Boise.

JONAS

I doubt he would leave Washington.