Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimbo & Herman will out recruit Morris in Texas

Started by a shady hog, December 05, 2017, 04:07:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

a shady hog

Tell me how exactly that Morris is going to out recruit those two big names in Texas.

TexasRazorback

Quote from: a shady hog on December 05, 2017, 04:07:42 pm
Tell me how exactly that Morris is going to out recruit those two big names in Texas.

Why would a coach divulge his recruiting secrets...He did it at clemson and will do it here. get on board. I'd prefer to hire venables but morris is a damn good coach

BorderPatrol

Name me one coach of an out of state school that will out recruit the two biggest Texas schools in the state of Texas? This is just stupid.

bp

cosmodrum

That will happen by virtue of their respective schools alone. C'mon, man.
Go away, batin'

a shady hog

Quote from: BorderPatrol on December 05, 2017, 04:13:15 pm
Name me one coach of an out of state school that will out recruit the two biggest Texas schools in the state of Texas? This is just stupid.

bp
Are you serious? Norvell signed 3 four star recruits at Memphis in 2017! Memphis. Did you hear that - he got those big time recruits to Memphis! That was a big time recruiter we just passed over.

Sivad

With Morris we will be heading down a boring, losing spiral to the darkness.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: TexasRazorback on December 05, 2017, 04:11:55 pm
Why would a coach divulge his recruiting secrets...He did it at clemson and will do it here. get on board. I'd prefer to hire venables but morris is a damn good coach

He was in high school. We will be hiring a coach that won 7 freaking games with three of those wins by four points or less to teams with 3-9 records or worse. I don't care that he recruited Watson to Clemson. He didn't recruit him to SMU did he? And no, I don't have to get on board. I can offer up my opinion that is a crappy hire -- Pelphrey 2.0. I'll get on board when he PROVES that he be CAN BE a successful head coach at high level. He hasn't done that.

ChicoHog

We will most always be a distant 3rd at best in Texas behind Texas, A&M, and OU and more likely 4th or fifth with OSU and TCU ahead of us.  But in Louisiana we can be third behind LSU and Bama if we can outrecruit the two Mississippi schools and I think we can if we hire Venables or kiffin.  LA is where you find the mean and nasty Dlineman and LBs anyway and that's what we need.  not the Texas finesse players.

colt-45

You forgot Lincoln Riley, Gundy and Patterson. They will too. Someone noted that Morris has no 4 stars or higher at SMU. I don't see how 3 stars from TX are going to be game changing for us.

hogsanity

Tell me how any coach not named Saban is going to do that. Plus Saban does not have to. He can go into Texas and cherry pick 2 or 3 players IF HE WANTS TO, but the things is he does not need those kids to survive.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

a shady hog

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 05, 2017, 04:16:13 pm
We will most always be a distant 3rd at best in Texas behind Texas, A&M, and OU and more likely 4th or fifth with OSU and TCU ahead of us.  But in Louisiana we can be third behind LSU and Bama if we can outrecruit the two Mississippi schools and I think we can if we hire Venables or kiffin.  LA is where you find the mean and nasty Dlineman and LBs anyway and that's what we need.  not the Texas finesse players.
Yeah I agree, I do not understand at all what the hell the fascination is with this we have to recruit Texas mentality. There are great players throughout the country. There's a whole lot of them in Louisiana, Georgia, etc. 

searkhogfan

They're supposed to.  Those are flagship schools in Texas.  But they can't recruit them all.  And Morris can land a lot of the ones that have been going elsewhere

BorderPatrol

Quote from: a shady hog on December 05, 2017, 04:15:27 pm
Are you serious? Norvell signed 3 four star recruits at Memphis in 2017! Memphis. Did you hear that - he got those big time recruits to Memphis! That was a big time recruiter we just passed over.

Ah, he sure out recruited the shorthorns and aggies with those three four stars.

bp

a shady hog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 05, 2017, 04:17:03 pm
Tell me how any coach not named Saban is going to do that. Plus Saban does not have to. He can go into Texas and cherry pick 2 or 3 players IF HE WANTS TO, but the things is he does not need those kids to survive.

Which then the question becomes do we need a coach that can do more with less? Because if we can't out recruit them, that's what we need. That was Norvell not Morris. Our only hope now to excite the fans and recruits is to get Kiffin. or a darkhorse big name coach.

rljjr

You also realize those are Texas schools. It's not apples and apples. I think Morris is smart enough to go get some decent Texas talent. Depends on the rest of the staff and where they're from and what their background is.

Wichita

What makes you think Jimbo can outrecruit anybody in Texas?

BorderPatrol

I think y'all have drank too much this week. This crap is getting more ignorant by the second.

bp

TexasRazorback

Quote from: BorderPatrol on December 05, 2017, 04:13:15 pm

bp

Urban Meyer, Jimbo, and Saban did last year and years past

East Clintwood

He's not, and neither is anyone else we could hire as a coach.  Texas and Texas A&M will always be 1 and 2 in Texas recruiting.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TexasRazorback on December 05, 2017, 04:11:55 pm
Why would a coach divulge his recruiting secrets...He did it at clemson and will do it here. get on board.

Goodness.  This is just wrong.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RicebirdHog

Tell me exactly how any coach not named Nick Saban is going to out recruit Texas and Jimbo in Texas.

a shady hog

The point is that those pushing Morris claims a big reason is that we have to recruit Texas and they clamor about how his team is filled with Texas players, yet did they think about him competing against Jimbo Fisher at A&M who won a National Championship.

Speaking of that, I predict we are going to continue to lose to A&M. Don't think that the Jimbo hire at A&M isn't a big deal. That's a splash hire.

Inhogswetrust

Dumb. I don't expect him to since BOTH of those schools are located there and have a huge following there. All we should expect is to get back a foot in the door to recruiting more good players from there like we used to do.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

greenie

So how will Morris be a better recruiter than Bielema was? 
I have a feeling he won't be as good.  He may be a better coach, but I've seen no evidence that our recruiting will up-tick with Morris.

TexasRazorback

Quote from: RicebirdHog on December 05, 2017, 04:23:07 pm
Tell me exactly how any coach not named Nick Saban is going to out recruit Texas and Jimbo in Texas.

Urban Meyer. Jk Dobbins out of texas and the 5* safety they snagged last year was from Texas and the 5* linebacker was from Texas...But if you ask me to name someone besides Urban after this I cant haha

searkhogfan

Quote from: TexasRazorback on December 05, 2017, 04:25:21 pm
Urban Meyer. Jk Dobbins out of texas and the 5* safety they snagged last year was from Texas and the 5* linebacker was from Texas...But if you ask me to name someone besides Urban after this I cant haha

So you're saying Ohio Sate has better all around Texas talent on their team, Than Texas or Texas A&M.  I call BS

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: colt-45 on December 05, 2017, 04:17:01 pm
You forgot Lincoln Riley, Gundy and Patterson. They will too. Someone noted that Morris has no 4 stars or higher at SMU. I don't see how 3 stars from TX are going to be game changing for us.

You really expect SMU to recruit four stars?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RazorPiggie

Under what site? I'm seeing just one.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 05, 2017, 04:28:54 pm
You really expect SMU to recruit four stars?

Its like these folks don't even know about SMU.

bp

Inhogswetrust

I never saw that. Which recruiting ranking service are you quoting? 247 only shows 1 from Nashville.

rljjr

Quote from: a shady hog on December 05, 2017, 04:24:07 pm
The point is that those pushing Morris claims a big reason is that we have to recruit Texas and they clamor about how his team is filled with Texas players, yet did they think about him competing against Jimbo Fisher at A&M who won a National Championship.

Speaking of that, I predict we are going to continue to lose to A&M. Don't think that the Jimbo hire at A&M isn't a big deal. That's a splash hire.

Like a rock. Jimbo won't last 10 years, but he is going to laugh all the way to the bank. He will do so much less with more.

HawgTide

Wait a minute. You're telling me that Texas and Texas A&M are going to out recruit us in Texas? No way

BoogaHog

Quote from: a shady hog on December 05, 2017, 04:18:16 pm
Yeah I agree, I do not understand at all what the hell the fascination is with this we have to recruit Texas mentality. There are great players throughout the country. There's a whole lot of them in Louisiana, Georgia, etc.

Talent from Texas has always been a huge key to Razorback success and out conditioning opponents, also.  I agree about Louisiana, we must get great ones or at least a couple out of the Monroe to Shreveport corridor.  One or two form Memphis and one or two from KC and Tulsa (annexed Razorback territory).  I wanted Norvell but Morris may turn out to be great.