Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leach is the one

Started by pignparadise, December 04, 2017, 12:43:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hogfan446

Quote from: Academic on December 04, 2017, 12:56:32 pm
https://twitter.com/MikeIrwinPTN/status/936206831889911809

This has nothing to do with the fact that Pokey has said Norvell was signed and delivered for over a week, claiming he knew for sure.  That is obviously not the case.  He needs Hogville insider status to feel legitimate.  At this point, he is working on his excuses in case he doesn't get lucky enough for Arkansas to hire him.

The Boar War

Quote from: beardedgeego on December 04, 2017, 01:02:56 pm
So Petrino's offense wan't similar?

No.

Leach can develop an offense but he would be a terrible hire.  If it's between Leach and Morris give me Morris.

PIGGTOWN HAM

Quote from: Bigfoot on December 04, 2017, 01:00:47 pm
What's a pirates favorite letter of the alphabet?

It's the C.....

Sorry, couldn't resist.  :)

bob slydell

It's the C.....

I thought it was the ARRRRR!
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

GringoHog

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 01:05:11 pm
Not it wasn't because Petrino ran a more balanced system. He relied primarily on the pass game, but he also had a developed run game at the same time, though it wasn't a power-run game......the air-raid Wazzou uses is almost strictly passing.....they might run the ball some, but they pass 9 plays out of 10, and in the SEC it will tear us up......we might score a lot, but the defense will see it coming just like the saw Bert and his "power-run" system coming.......

Petrino's run game didn't matter and may have well been nonexistent.  Those runs were no different than a quick pass.....on 3rd and 1 we NEVER got a first down in Petrino's offense by running the ball....so again...the running game in Petrino's offense was very similar to Leach's..........
"There are Lions, Tigers and Bears ,but there ain't but one Razorback!" - HDN The Great

TNarch

If any of what we hear is true, then we know Leach is in the market after he met with UT last week.  Now that they have put Fulmer at the wheel, I doubt that he would take them in that direction.  I could see him going after Miles or Sumlin.

Wildhog

Quote from: beardedgeego on December 04, 2017, 01:09:18 pm
Petrino's run game didn't matter and may have well been nonexistent.  Those runs were no different than a quick pass.....on 3rd and 1 we NEVER got a first down in Petrino's offense by running the ball....so again...the running game in Petrino's offense was very similar to Leach's..........

No it wasn't.  Petrino and Leach run totally different offenses.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RebelliousHog

Only way I could like Leach is he made a home run hire at DC and let the DC hire his D staff. Otherwise we simply lose games because we can't stop anyone and any good coach can out-coach his offense.

Not a good hire
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

ronmahony

Quote from: TebowHater on December 04, 2017, 12:53:19 pm
No. CBB inherited success. Leach has now demonstrated taking 2 programs out of the dumpster and turning them into consistent winners.

Sign me up

I wouldn't even call it inherited, more like he was Alvarez's coordinator. I don't think he really coached that much at Wisconsin. And yes I would be in  too.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

redeye

Odd, considering how Knile Davis led the SEC in rushing over Ingram and Lattimore.

PigInTheHole

this ain't a Petrino vs Leach thread

both great offensive minds and totally different

it's silly to think Leach can't adapt his offense to include a stud RB
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

Razorpigg

Quote from: HenduHog on December 04, 2017, 01:15:07 pm
Only way I could like Leach is he made a home run hire at DC and let the DC hire his D staff. Otherwise we simply lose games because we can't stop anyone and any good coach can out-coach his offense.

Not a good hire

Hmmm 84-43 at Tx Tech.  Looks like he did ok, and must have not played many "good coaches" cause he won a lot more than he lost. 

zane

Quote from: redeye on December 04, 2017, 01:16:58 pm
Odd, considering how Knile Davis led the SEC in rushing over Ingram and Lattimore.

Good ole Kniles Davies

He was a friggin stud!
RIP LSUfan

redeye

Quote from: zane on December 04, 2017, 01:20:29 pm

Good ole Kniles Davies

He was a friggin stud!

LOL... yep, Nile was a good one, alright.

onebadrubi

Quote from: SemperHawg on December 04, 2017, 12:48:33 pm
To be clear, I wouldn't be disappointed in a Leach hire, I would just be shocked if they did it what with the whole suing his former employer thing.

He wouldn't have to sue us, we like paying buyouts

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

beachhawg

I have heard he hasn't even gotten an interview

PigInTheHole

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 04, 2017, 01:22:23 pm
He wouldn't have to sue us, we like paying buyouts

lol

truth we would have happily paid

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: redeye on December 04, 2017, 01:21:33 pm

Dennis Green was a pretty good running back for Petrino also.

Bigfoot

Quote from: redeye on December 04, 2017, 01:21:33 pm

No, no, no.

It's Niles......

pignparadise

Look I don't post much. I am not trolling. I have a good source close to BOT. I believe one member and Peoples are in NY negotiating with Leach.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

HogCzar1

Quote from: pignparadise on December 04, 2017, 02:08:31 pm
Look I don't post much. I am not trolling. I have a good source close to BOT. I believe one member and Peoples are in NY negotiating with Leach.

I have heard the same thing.

GoHogzzGo

I would like Leach. His name sure hasn’t been in the press much for us. Not sure if that means anything at this point or not.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

HogCzar1

For all those who are against Norvell because of a lack of defense, or even Kiffin, how does Mike Leach satisfy your thirst?

Calvin Swine

Quote from: pignparadise on December 04, 2017, 02:08:31 pm

I'm 99% sure Grant Hall said Leach wasn't in NY on the radio today.

PigInTheHole

Quote from: Calvin Swine on December 04, 2017, 02:29:09 pm
I'm 99% sure Grant Hall said Leach wasn't in NY on the radio today.

No Leach is in NY.

InternetDrama

Texas still sucks.

Academic

PigInTheHole

axharbor

I would LOVE to have us hire Leach or Kiffin!!

USChog

Mike Leach would be an excellent choice at Arkansas. I think he checks all the boxes for what most people want as a coach and he wants to do it at the SEC. Also I believe if he saw sustained success here he would not bolt at the next job opportunity.

JOKERHOG

Did you see the 2nd half of the LSU game in 2010 with Knile Davis?  Leach's offenses open up some good holes for RB's also. 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

OldArmy94

As an Aggie, Leach is the coach I would fear the worst. I think he is awesome and can bring some fun swagger back to Fayetteville.

pignparadise

Biddy is now starting to mention Leach. These so called experts are not in the know.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

hog_fan

Leach would top out at 9 wins

PorkerOinker

I like Leach, but he better get a good DC or we will be no more than 5-7 wins a year in the SEC.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

porkerfinger

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 12:57:02 pm
Not a great hire......his air-raid crap may work in the Pac-12, but this isn't the Pac-12......They will eat us alive if we try that crap on them.........

Four NCAA, 42 SEC, and 116 school records broken as Kentucky's offensive coordinator.

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 12:57:02 pm
Not a great hire......his air-raid crap may work in the Pac-12, but this isn't the Pac-12......They will eat us alive if we try that crap on them.........

First, "won't work in the big 12", then "wont work in the pac 12" and now, wont work in the SEC.

Where have we heard all this before...hhmm.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

pignparadise

Getting some confirmation now from different places

WPSALLDAY

As long as it's not Morris!!

soso

Quote from: go hogues on December 04, 2017, 01:07:13 pm
So, wouldn't that really be Nutt 3.0?
Leach at least has half a brain which is twice as much as Nutt has.

TheEnemy

No please no.

I want a dynamic modern offense....not the Air Raid from the 90s.  :puke:

bballjws2004

TheEnemy

I would rather have Morris.

Morris offense has all of Leachs offense plus an added run game.

Semper Hogelis

I know it's complicated but check it.  1.  If you fire someone have a plan for what you are going to do after. 2. If you fire someone improve on what you just fired.  The Good Ole Boys have failed miserably on both counts.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

moses_007

Well, the AD was a far left field hire, no reason to not believe our next football coach will come out of far left field.

And the fartherest left you can go is Washington State, so it has to be Leach.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogfan446 on December 04, 2017, 01:07:23 pm
This has nothing to do with the fact that Pokey has said Norvell was signed and delivered for over a week, claiming he knew for sure.  That is obviously not the case.  He needs Hogville insider status to feel legitimate.  At this point, he is working on his excuses in case he doesn't get lucky enough for Arkansas to hire him.
live look at hogfan446 burning PiP.

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

In a way I hope it is Leach. i actually did bring that here first back in October lol. That would be HILARIOUS. Best possible outcome from a trollin pov.

But, I trust my guy from last monday. we shall see.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

sechog

It's the C.....

R