Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOT TAKE: If JCP gets us Lane, she should be AD.

Started by WalHog2018, December 03, 2017, 09:38:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elkhog

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 03, 2017, 09:38:15 pm
Fact. Prove me wrong

If Kiffin wants to work for her, go for it.  Hope he stays a long time because I'm not sure how many others would come.
GO HOGS!!!

LawHog

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on December 03, 2017, 09:42:52 pm
NEVER. Ill never let a Mizzou graduate work in my program.

You petitioning to take Donald W. Reynolds' name off the side of the stadium then?

WalHog2018

Quote from: LawHog on December 03, 2017, 10:40:11 pm
You petitioning to take Donald W. Reynolds' name off the side of the stadium then?
Yes.

AugustaHog

It's really not in doubt that Lane is one of the most talented "available" coaches.  His issues are well-documented.  I have no issue going with him because he provides the highest upside possible.  If we were to do this thing he'd have to suck up his pride and take some contract stipulations.  There would definitely be some clauses regarding discretion and "morality" which would expand the ability to fire with cause.  I'd have no problem giving him a big buyout but would require him to have to pay the same amount on his end too.  Layout would look something like 4 yrs/18m.  10m buyout that drops 2m every year.  I'd even throw in incentives as either bonuses for division titles, conference titles, playoff appearances, NY6bowls, etc. or an extension that includes massive pay raises with a conference title or playoff appearance.  By massive I'm talking paying the man top 5 salary.  If he accomplishes either of those things, he's proven that he is elite and worth the $$$.

WalHog2018

Quote from: AugustaHog on December 03, 2017, 10:44:45 pm
It's really not in doubt that Lane is one of the most talented "available" coaches.  His issues are well-documented.  I have no issue going with him because he provides the highest upside possible.  If we were to do this thing he'd have to suck up his pride and take some contract stipulations.  There would definitely be some clauses regarding discretion and "morality" which would expand the ability to fire with cause.  I'd have no problem giving him a big buyout but would require him to have to pay the same amount on his end too.  Layout would look something like 4 yrs/18m.  10m buyout that drops 2m every year.  I'd even throw in incentives as either bonuses for division titles, conference titles, playoff appearances, NY6bowls, etc. or an extension that includes massive pay raises with a conference title or playoff appearance.  By massive I'm talking paying the man top 5 salary.  If he accomplishes either of those things, he's proven that he is elite and worth the $$$.
Excellent analysis. Thank you for sharing.

BMoreHog

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on December 03, 2017, 09:42:52 pm
NEVER. Ill never let a Mizzou graduate work in my program.

But they do and so do people from tons of other schools that are rivals to our program.
Heck tons of the professors are from rival schools and from northern schools and they don't cause any problems for the student athletes. I might not be seeing what you're seeing but I don't see a problem.

snoblind

And JCP was going for Morris the whole time.  So much for sources.