Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PLEASE YES TO NORVELL Please

Started by Tusks, December 02, 2017, 11:20:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

a shady hog

Quote from: imtad16 on December 03, 2017, 05:37:41 pm
Would love this hire. Back to back good hires at Memphis for him. He found Fuente at TCU and then hired Norvell out at ASU. He also, recognized that Fuente's relationship with Norvell and Norvell's influence on Fuente's offense would be smart to keep in place at Memphis.

Keep in mind Bowen's coy response to Norvell's future. "No comment" he said. I wonder if that "No Comment" was meant to end that so he didn't have the spotlight turned on his future at Memphis.

Yes!!!!!

a shady hog

Quote from: imtad16 on December 03, 2017, 05:37:41 pm
Would love this hire. Back to back good hires at Memphis for him. He found Fuente at TCU and then hired Norvell out at ASU. He also, recognized that Fuente's relationship with Norvell and Norvell's influence on Fuente's offense would be smart to keep in place at Memphis.

Keep in mind Bowen's coy response to Norvell's future. "No comment" he said. I wonder if that "No Comment" was meant to end that so he didn't have the spotlight turned on his future at Memphis.

What I read about Bowen and his accomplishments at Memphis, not just on coaching hires, that's a home run!

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: WPSALLDAY on December 02, 2017, 11:23:10 am
Their team looks like the most poorly coached team in the country. Fuentes got good players. He can't gameplan and beat a good team, the other teams they beat were terrible

He lost 2 games, both to UCF.  The first game at UCF he lost by 27.  The second time by 7 in double over time again at UCF.  UCF had a packed house and was as loud as any stadium.  I guess the fact he went from losing by 27 to taking them to wire says nothing about his coaching.  Is he perfect? No, but name 1 candidate or coach that is.  All coaches make mistakes, good coaches learn from them.  He seems to have learned a lot from the first time he played UCF to yesterday.  Oh yeah and UCF's coach has the exact same amount of HC experience and got hired by Nebraska.  Enjoy you 1% annual return 5 year CD while you are at it.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ipigsooie

Quote from: a shady hog on December 03, 2017, 05:47:20 pm
What I read about Bowen and his accomplishments at Memphis, not just on coaching hires, that's a home run!

Big time money guy. That's the biggest thing. Great at hiring FB coaches. Thank goodness he isn't going to need to hire a BB coach. Tubby was a terrible hire.

razorbass