Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gus + Malik Monk = Dead to Me

Started by cjack, December 03, 2017, 05:27:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cjack

We laid it all on the line to bring Gus back "home".  He decided to give us the finger and stay with a rival.  They're equal to me now
Woooo Pig Soooie!

widespreadsooie

Bad_Intentions

Quote from: cjack on December 03, 2017, 05:27:27 pm
We laid it all on the line to bring Gus back "home".  He decided to give us the finger and stay with a rival.  They're equal to me now

Right there w/ ya!
WPS!!

Atlhogfan1

It would be great if this would finally bring some closure from the Gus fans.  "I want an Arkansas man as coach.  I want Gus." Shut the hell up finally. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Granny fan

And Marcus for telling Malik not to come to Arkansas.

razorprep

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 03, 2017, 05:32:48 pm
It would be great if this would finally bring some closure from the Gus fans.  "I want an Arkansas man as coach.  I want Gus." Shut the hell up finally. 
I was one of the folks who bought in to this....  shutting up now.  I have no love for the jerk.

kid squealer

SMITE ME JACKWAGONS!!!  I NEED TO BE THE -1 KING!!!

Occams Razorback

If it makes crumbs, it's probably not good for you.

MORAZOR

Look on the bright side....Aubbie will fire him within 4 years, he'll retire, and the Little Rock and NWA Touchdown Clubs will have him speak and ridicule whoever is the current hog  coach
.....smdh

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: MORAZOR on December 03, 2017, 06:01:58 pm
Look on the bright side....Aubbie will fire him within 4 years, he'll retire, and the Little Rock and NWA Touchdown Clubs will have him speak and ridicule whoever is the current hog  coach
.....smdh

True story

And fat guys from Shilo will post about how 😎 of a Dude he is.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

mhsbc59

Gus has always been a but in my side I was never a cult follower never but I am from Memphis so there is that
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

kodiakisland

It's odd that so many people thought Gus wanted to come to Arkansas.  When has he ever expressed this, and I don't mean to your super secret best friend's source?  Gus wasn't coming to Arkansas.  Why would he? Gus didn't spurn anyone.  He stayed where he is currently employed and got a raise.  Isn't that what most of us aspire to do?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

BadHog

YEP!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Knot2brite

Some of us knew this from the beginning after having dealings with him...MR Morals and Values showed his true colors....green and gold and silver
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

TDHawgs

Agreed!!  Never want to hear about Gus again!

3kgthog

Quote from: kodiakisland on December 03, 2017, 06:15:27 pm
It's odd that so many people thought Gus wanted to come to Arkansas.  When has he ever expressed this, and I don't mean to your super secret best friend's source?  Gus wasn't coming to Arkansas.  Why would he? Gus didn't spurn anyone.  He stayed where he is currently employed and got a raise.  Isn't that what most of us aspire to do?

Technically, yes. However, I don't think most of us would slightly embarrass or harm our home state to do so. I know I wouldn't. My wife would kick me out for doing the Hogs that way no matter how much money Auburn offered me.

Athog

Quote from: kodiakisland on December 03, 2017, 06:15:27 pm

Supposedly he told the same donors who were putting up the $ that Ark was his dream job and would love to come home. I do not know but somebody believed it. As for me I don't know any coach were that kind of money.

kodiakisland

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 03, 2017, 06:26:17 pm
Technically, yes. However, I don’t think most of us would slightly embarrass or harm our home state to do so. I know I wouldn’t. My wife would kick me out for doing the Hogs that way no matter how much money Auburn offered me.

I don't think he was the one embarrassing themselves.  A few boosters throwing mad money at their crush to return home.  That's embarrassing.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

WorfHog

hollywood hog

Quote from: TDHawgs on December 03, 2017, 06:23:46 pm
Agreed!!  Never want to hear about Gus again!

He'll continue to beat us by 50 every chance he gets.  Sign Kiffin and let's take the wood to Gus.  Slam dunk easy hire. 

ipigsooie

tasteslikechicken

Pork Twain

He was my #2 choice behind Venables, but not for what he was being offered.  He is also forever dead to me.  Bring on Venables, Kitten or Norvell
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 03, 2017, 06:12:08 pm
Gus has always been a but in my side I was never a cult follower never but I am from Memphis so there is that
Hey Munford, What's the rumor around town on Norvell. Did you get to any Memphis games this year?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

mhsbc59

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 03, 2017, 10:46:41 pm
Hey Munford, What's the rumor around town on Norvell. Did you get to any Memphis games this year?

I did get to a few Memphis games the UCLA game in fact.  The main knock on Norvell is these aren't his players, well that's just not true.  13 of the 22 starters are guys he brought in.  Everyone talks bad about the Defense but after the first 3 weeks they had lost 6 Defensive starters for the year and yes there D gives up yards but at least they are aggressive close to tops in the nation for turn over margin. People hear want him to stay but know we wont be here long.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

BOAR_N2BWILD

Well Malik was offered more money
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Mick Hogger

When Mike Anderson said it was his dream job, we made it happen and he's here for as long as he's doing well. Gus played those same emotions and took the money and ran.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.