Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seriously, it's time...

Started by Deep Shoat, November 29, 2017, 08:40:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig In The City

Seems like I've read this somewhere before.

007 License To Squeal

Gus is still in pay, no matter how many times Deep Sh@@$ says otherwise.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

HyperDrive

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 29, 2017, 09:44:06 am

lulz

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HoopS on November 29, 2017, 09:40:13 am
haha. What?

See, here's where we differ.

The things I have been talking about are coming directly from someone who is involved in what's going on.

I will not, no way, go back and read the garbage we've seen posted here over the last few weeks. Barely read anything posted today.

I'd like to read a direct quote from him. Simple request.

I'll welcome it and move on. I just, haven't seen or heard anything except wishful thinking by some. They could be right. I just want to read it or hear it from him or someone representing him.
It is true that he has said it, at least through his representatives. 

Or, at least those big donors shilling for him promised that was what he said. 

But I don't have a quote.  No one does.

You know how this works.

p.s. hawgon is still on ignore...
All Gas, No Brakes!

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: duckman on November 29, 2017, 08:59:50 am
I want Kiffin, but the meltdown that would occur if Gus ended up here would be so much fun to watch...
Yes sir!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hawgon

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 29, 2017, 09:46:00 am

You know how this works.

p.s. hawgon is still on ignore..

Listen, for the last time, I am not interested in your sick sexual fetishes. 

Drop the Mike

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 29, 2017, 09:27:25 am
Hey hawgon, I would reply to you.  But I have you on ignore and have no clue what you are saying.  Nor do I have ANY inclination to remove you from that list.

Yet you just replied to him. Not sure if you understand the meaning of the ignore button

Deep Shoat

LOL, he's still talking.  Probably even agreeing with me. 

Still on ignore.
All Gas, No Brakes!

HoopS

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 29, 2017, 09:46:00 am

You know how this works.

p.s. hawgon is still on ignore...
I do.

And I know people who are being tasked to hire us a coach. They haven't moved on because the intel they have suggests they don't need to move on.

Message board banter is fun, but I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Funny I say that as I try to get you to believe me.

Oh well. To each their own.

I'm just sharing things I believe to be true coming from people who are involved. Simple as that.

hawgon

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 29, 2017, 09:52:20 am
LOL, he's still talking.  Probably even agreeing with me. 

Still on ignore.

Listen, if you PM me one more pic of a chick with a wang and go one and on about how much you are into that, I'm going to have to get the mods involved.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HoopS on November 29, 2017, 09:52:29 am
I do.

And I know people who are being tasked to hire us a coach. They haven't moved on because the intel they have suggests they don't need to move on.

Message board banter is fun, but I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Funny I say that as I try to get you to believe me.

Oh well. To each their own.

I'm just sharing things I believe to be true coming from people who are involved. Simple as that.
So am I.

I'm, sadly, sure we haven't moved on.  But not because he might actually come.  Boosters mouths writing checks their (admittedly healthy) wallets can't cash is what's keeping us holding on to the rope.  Well, that, a bit of institutional hubris amongst the BoT after the coup, and the certainty that Mike Norvell will wait forever.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

hawgon, it's kind of sad now.

Maybe I should do a poll? 

Should I un-ignore hawgon?

Yes

No

Frito Pie
All Gas, No Brakes!

hawgon

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 29, 2017, 09:56:50 am
hawgon, it's kind of sad now.

Maybe I should do a poll? 

Should I un-ignore hawgon?

Yes

No

Frito Pie

Frito pie?  Is that what you call that pic of six trannies and Shetland pony that you PMd me?

ipigsooie

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 29, 2017, 09:44:06 am

Oh he is in pay alright. Auburn is going to pay well.

duckman

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 29, 2017, 09:03:01 am
See, this is the attitude I don't get.

"I love the Hogs!"

"But I love seeing Hog fans in meltdown MORE than I love the Hogs!!"

Really makes me doubt you ACTUALLY love the Hogs.

95% of hog fans would be fine with him, the haters here are who I am referring to.  That goes for haters of any coach, not just Gus.  These searches are fun but if let your hatred of a coach keep you from supporting your team you need to check your priorities...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 29, 2017, 09:27:25 am
Hey hawgon, I would reply to you.  But I have you on ignore and have no clue what you are saying.  Nor do I have ANY inclination to remove you from that list.

He said, "I hope he signs the extension so that we can move on with all of this.  I'm tired of it."

You tooled yourself on that one. Ignore that...  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hawgette92

Dropkick

I just hope the buyout is astronomical on Gus's new contract so when Auburn kicks him to the curb it is painful for them.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Dropkick on November 29, 2017, 10:03:45 am
I just hope the buyout is astronomical on Gus's new contract so when Auburn kicks him to the curb it is painful for them.
This.

I figure he lasts 3-4 years of the 6.  He'll lose in the first round of the playoffs this season, then, likely find a way to not win it next season.  They'll keep hanging around 10 wins, but not finish the deal until they go full UGA and fire somebody they have almost no chance of replacing.  (I know, UGA got lucky with their hire.  Doesn't mean it was a smart decision to fire Richt.)

Then he can "come home" and coach a couple of pretty good teams before retiring to the AD position.  And the money can keep pouring in forever.
All Gas, No Brakes!

hawgon

Gus would be one of the biggest "frick yeah and frick you" hires in college football history.  I just don't think it will happen. 

Deep Shoat

The polls are still open, hawgon.

No decision yet.
All Gas, No Brakes!

hawgon

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 29, 2017, 10:09:04 am
The polls are still open, hawgon.

No decision yet.

Funny you say polls.  That would seem to be a Freudian slip.  Always thinking about poles.

Smallie Bigs

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 29, 2017, 08:40:04 am
Today seems to be the day.  We've talked, we've debated, we've cussed at our monitors, we've ignored Guv and fcj.  We've been impatiently waiting for an announcement to be made, and our wishes are finally coming to fruition.  So, without further ado, I can say with 100% certainty that... drumroll...

GUS.

IS.

NOT.

COMING!

For real people.  Are you that sad and pathetic?  The guy won the Iron Bowl.  That was the decision point.  He TOLD us that was the decision point.  Win, Gus stays and gets a significant raise and extension and coaches a SERIOUS National Championship contender in 2018.  Lose, Gus comes to Arkansas.

That was a reasonable set of options.  He won.  Auburn is working on the extension.  Gus stays. 

We move on.

So move on, dammit.

To the, "But it's his dream job!" people: Gus ain't 67.  He has YEARS left to coach.  He can afford to wait for our next opening, in about 5 years.  Or even the one after that, in about 10 years.

But for THIS time, it's over.  Run home crying to mommy, delete your current "GusismyFAVORITE#1Razorback" account and make a new one to troll Hogville with every time the new coach loses.  Or farts.  Or doesn't sign a 5*.  Whatever it is you culty people do in between Arkansas coaching searches.

It's fricking over.

I mean, seriously.  Did you really think his ego would allow him to walk away from, not 1, but potentially 2, if he can beat UGA, playoff squads in a row just so he could come back to Little ol' Arkiesaw and lose to Auburn next year?  Seriously? 

Seriously?

Gus ain't coming.

This is officially the most annoying post i have ever read on HV. That is a major accomplishment my friend. Your anger of Gus lovers is at such a level that you probably should seek emotional help. Instead of skipping the gus loving comments like any sane person, you type a manifesto of over heated nonsense. Congratulations!
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

Calling All Hogs

Gus cannot afford to wait for our next opening because Auburn will have fired him by then. Even if he makes the playoffs that buys him a year tops.

Drop the Mike

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 29, 2017, 11:08:10 am
Gus cannot afford to wait for our next opening because Auburn will have fired him by then. Even if he makes the playoffs that buys him a year tops.

Totally agree. For more info on this exact same subject see Les Miles/Michigan circa 2011

AlmaHog2011

November 29, 2017, 11:17:11 am #75 Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:53:23 pm by AlmaHog2011
Quote from: hawgon on November 29, 2017, 09:23:48 am
I hope he signs the extension so that we can move on with all of this.  I'm tired of it.

What if he doesn't sign the extension? Where has that info came from? Last thing I heard from Auburn was no extension until the season was over? Has that changed?

I sure hope Auburn loses to Georgia..And I think they will lose that game.

If he does indeed sign an extension before Saturday I will believe he's out. If not I would love to see the reaction from this site...FTR I would prefer Norvell.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: duckman on November 29, 2017, 09:59:27 am
95% of hog fans would be fine with him, the haters here are who I am referring to.  That goes for haters of any coach, not just Gus.  These searches are fun but if let your hatred of a coach keep you from supporting your team you need to check your priorities...

Born and raised Arkansas and Arkansas boy for sure. Great coach and this site makes fun of him or acts like he wouldn't be a HR hire...They don't like him for being from Arkansas or they loved Hootie..IDK I still think he's in play especially if he loses Saturday..And he probably will lose.

AlmaHog2011

Arkisaw?? Wow and he's respected on an Arkansas Razorback message board?

WilsonHog

Deep Shoat

Gus is still not coming.

And hawgon is still on ignore.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 29, 2017, 11:24:00 am
Arkisaw?? Wow and he's respected on an Arkansas Razorback message board?

First of all, no, I wouldn't say he's respected on an Arkansas Razorback message board.  Having said that, how many of us are, really...

But I thought his post was absolutely hilarious, and that's saying something as I've laughed at (not with) the Shoater for a while now!!

Good job, Shoat!!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hawgon

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 29, 2017, 04:56:34 pm
Gus is still not coming.

And hawgon is still on ignore.

Stop PMing me Dick pics.  I'm not interested.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

We offered Gus everything he could possibly hope for.  He chose Auburn.

Gus does not want to coach at Arkansas. 

Can the Cult of Gus finally move on?
All Gas, No Brakes!

hoghearted

I really think Auburn ended up doing us a favor. Gus would have been entrenched like kudzu.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle