Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiffin

Started by Mellon Collie, December 03, 2017, 07:49:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: King Kong on December 03, 2017, 08:11:21 am
Absolutely. Really how any good contract is done. Bad contracts leave you with a 11.8 mil buyout after the 3rd year of the extension

All you have to do is get the coach to agree to give the UA whatever it wants. He agrees and his agent never says a word about anything the coach wants. Bingo! It's done!
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

WPSALLDAY

Hire Lane Kiffin!! Let's do it!! Full stadiums, blonde girls, good laughs at the Catfish Hole.. he can do it!!

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 03, 2017, 08:59:58 am
The thing is, we know that on the front end.  Structure the contract to where it's good for us.  Kiffin has to understand he will have to either put a high buyout to a contract at his next step OR stay put for 4-5 years.

I bet all the schools will agree to not hire him if he refuses.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

BartIV

Quote from: swine pone on December 03, 2017, 09:09:03 am
"I'm really looking forward to embracing some of the great traditions at the University of Tennessee," Kiffin said the day he was hired, "for instance the Vol Walk, running through the T, singing Rocky Top all night long after we beat Florida next year. It will be a blast."
At Arkansas.
I'm really looking forward to embracing some of the great traditions at the Arkansas University. Kiffin said that day. For instance throwing the A, running through a pig pin, wooing the hog all night long until I leave for Florida State next year. It will be a blast.

Mellon Collie

Page 2 of the #Kiffinlife. The movement grows.

swine pone

But Kiffin did so well at USC

Mellon Collie

Quote from: swine pone on December 03, 2017, 09:16:33 am
Yes he did. Kiffin wins on the west coast, on the east coast, and god willing in middle america.

oldhawg

Arkansas first and foremost needs a good head coach who can also recruit well and assemble an effective staff.

But beyond that, a little publicity surrounding the coaches actions, antics, and words would be kinda refreshing.  The only two coaches that fit that bill are Kiffin and Leach.  Of the two I would want Kiffin, plus I think that Leach has already signed with Tennessee, hasn't he?

Then I'll just wait for that day that Kiffin and Leach coached teams go head to head, and sit back and enjoy the show. 

jimmur74

It also rhymes with Whiffin. Which we are doing.

Quote from: Mellon Collie on December 03, 2017, 07:49:23 am
rhymes with Winnin'......kind of.

Farmer Hogget

Strike 1  Lane Kiffin would never, ever come to Arkansas.  We're not good enough for the little snotty nosed brat.
Strike 2  He is not a fit at Arkansas.
Strike 3  He's one of the top 5 most over rated coaches of all time.

He's out!

Mellon Collie

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 03, 2017, 09:30:26 am
It also rhymes with Whiffin. Which we are doing.

or spliffin'. speaking of, i'll be right back.

emdavenp

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on December 03, 2017, 09:33:05 am
Strike 1  Lane Kiffin would never, ever come to Arkansas.  We're not good enough for the little snotty nosed brat.

He's out!

Strike 1 - opinion
Strike 2 - opinion
Strike 3 - opinion

PharmacistHog

He's out!
He would run to arkansas if offered. You're OUT

Of your damn mind.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

TheEnemy

He's out!

Congrats....you are wrong on all accounts.

Mellon Collie

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 03, 2017, 09:36:18 am
He would run to arkansas if offered. You're OUT

Of your damn mind.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mellon Collie on December 03, 2017, 09:14:40 am
Page 2 of the #Kiffinlife. The movement grows.

Like a damn cancer......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Kevin

Hire him. Let's start moving forward
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HoggyCat

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on December 03, 2017, 08:10:49 am
If we hire Lane Kiffin I would actually look forward to the ticket renewal date.
And I don't think he would leave Arkansas when he got it rolling here. Nobody does.

Unless by "rolling", you mean off into a ditch...
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: swine pone on December 03, 2017, 09:16:33 am

28-15 with them under sanctions.

And what have they done since??
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Pigasaurus

Don't know if the PTB old money would ever all agree on Kiffin. I could picture him showing up for a bball game and students going nuts.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Mellon Collie

Quote from: pigasaurus on December 03, 2017, 10:30:16 am
Don't know if the PTB old money would ever all agree on Kiffin. I could picture him showing up for a bball game and students going nuts.

Kiffin brings the juice.

TheEnemy

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 03, 2017, 10:13:15 am
28-15 with them under sanctions.

And what have they done since??

What does that have to do with Kiffin???

Porknoxville

I'll take that dude to Lane's left!

Torqued pork

Quote from: pigasaurus on December 03, 2017, 10:30:16 am
That's exactly what I'm thinking.  The old money would look at Lane as a radical hire.

NotSoFastMyFriend

He's out!
Lies.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hogcycle on December 03, 2017, 08:01:22 am
Kiffin is a Pitbull. You know your going to get bit just not when.

You don't know a thing about pitbulls.

PRJ

jgcat4

I think Kiffin is a home run hire. I'm a Norvell guy but if fine with Kiffin. He'd bring excitement and he'd troll the flock out of Saban. It's be excellent
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

King Kong

Quote from: TheEnemy on December 03, 2017, 12:35:07 pm
What does that have to do with Kiffin???

That's Kiffin's record at USC

Snouty

Quote from: Mellon Collie on December 03, 2017, 07:49:23 am
rhymes with Winnin'......kind of.

Kiffin rhymes with Whiffin,' and that's what we would get with Lane Kiffin.  Maybe one mediocre season, and he's out of Fayetteville for greener pastures.

TheEnemy

Quote from: King Kong on December 03, 2017, 12:52:13 pm
That's Kiffin's record at USC

I was referring to him asking :

QuoteAnd what have they done since??

TheEnemy

Quote from: Snouty on December 03, 2017, 12:54:07 pm
Kiffin rhymes with Whiffin,' and that's what we would get with Lane Kiffin.  Maybe one mediocre season, and he's out of Fayetteville for greener pastures.

TheEnemy

Quote from: Snouty on December 03, 2017, 12:54:07 pm

And again.....You don't turn down good coaches because you don't think you can retain them.....thats fear running the search.

That is a ridiculous justification.

HogMantheIntruder

I've always hated Kiffin, but he would be a homerun hire. He made a brilliant move when he took the opportunity to coach under Saban. Its no coincidence that both he and Smart are doing so well at their new gigs.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Hogcycle on December 03, 2017, 08:01:22 am
Kiffin is a Pitbull. You know your going to get bit just not when.

Chihuahuas bite.  Pit bulls are loyal.  They will eviscerate a threat though
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

TheEnemy

In regards to hiring any coaches...

If you don't think they should be hired because they are lacking the morals and ethics.....thats fine

If you don't think their philosophies of football are right for the program....thats fine

If you don't think they can recruit, assemble good enough staffs, or develop players....thats fine.

But not hiring them because they might leave for a better job is absolutely absurd....You hire the best available and roll the dice and fight to retain them when that time comes up.

If we are going to be scared to hire top candidates because they might leave one day.....we might as well accept mediocrity and join the Sunbelt.

LIVNLUVHAWGS

Please not Kiffin...aside from him being a jerk, we would only be his next stepping stone
GO HOGS!!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: LIVNLUVHAWGS on December 03, 2017, 01:15:33 pm
Please not Kiffin...aside from him being a jerk, we would only be his next stepping stone

This stepping stone stuff is bullcrap. He tried to leave the Raiders for Arkansas in 2007.

Get educated people

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 03, 2017, 01:16:58 pm
This stepping stone stuff is bullcrap. He tried to leave the Raiders for Arkansas in 2007.

Get educated people
Yup, which also proves the "he thinks he's too good for us" talk is crap.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Mellon Collie

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 03, 2017, 01:16:58 pm

Get educated people

only thing Kiffin will step on is Saban's fragile ego. #Kiffinlife

Mellon Collie

See ya Gus, Hello Kiffin.

SNORTZENHOGGER

IMO Kiffin is the only one that can bring everything we need as a coach. We cannot recruit the better players to Arkansas without a Coach like Kiffin... it is not about liking him, it is about who can get it done. Pertrino was a d!@k, but he was a great Coach... He got it done. Kiffin can be that guy... ALL ABOARD THE LANE TRAIN!!! WPS!
Bobby, Fools'ball is from the devil... Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like HOGVILLE, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good! And by the way, Mama. "HOGVILLE POSTERS" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

Mellon Collie

Quote from: SNORTZENHOGGER on December 03, 2017, 05:55:53 pm
IMO Kiffin is the only one that can bring everything we need as a coach. We cannot recruit the better players to Arkansas without a Coach like Kiffin... it is not about liking him, it is about who can get it done. Perino was a d!@k, but he was a great Coach... He got it done. Kiffin can be that guy... ALL ABOARD THE LANE TRAIN!!! WPS!

Another one who gets livin' the #Kiffinlife is where it's at.

SNORTZENHOGGER

Bobby, Fools'ball is from the devil... Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like HOGVILLE, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good! And by the way, Mama. "HOGVILLE POSTERS" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

Hou-Hog

He's out!
you have no idea

Mellon Collie

Quote from: SNORTZENHOGGER on December 03, 2017, 05:58:34 pm
#KIFFENLIFE YALL

There is room for everyone.  Kiffin is a welcoming host. His brisket is on point and always has cold suds waiting.

The Kig

Quote from: Mellon Collie on December 03, 2017, 04:32:37 pm
only thing Kiffin will step on is Saban's fragile ego. #Kiffinlife

Kiffin would stay until he beat Bama multiple times or Saban retires... Ummmm, where do I sign?
Poker Porker

Mellon Collie

Quote from: The Kig on December 03, 2017, 06:05:24 pm
Kiffin would stay until he beat Bama multiple times or Saban retires... Ummmm, where do I sign?

Kiffin is the answer.  The question? Who cares about your silly question. #Kiffinlife

lilredheadedlady

I feel like Kiffin is not going to be the next coach....
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

Mellon Collie