I'm hearing $49M over 7 years

Started by Martygit, December 02, 2017, 07:55:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

Gus is not worth that much, glad its not my money

Billy Bats

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on December 02, 2017, 08:28:18 pm
Norvell has an offer from Memphis for 3+, it will take more than that.

I'd take Norvell for five million for five years

bythelake

Quote from: NashvilleHog on December 02, 2017, 08:29:37 pm
We could go offer James Franklin that.  He's 100x the coach than Gus

Exactly. 

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 02, 2017, 09:00:23 pm

Let's save some money for a DC, $3.75-4m is more than enough. I'm not sure the same money guys will pony up that much for Norvell, of course Sexton knows what we offered Goose.

widespreadsooie

TNarch

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 02, 2017, 07:57:45 pm
I don't want him that bad.

I personally don't think that the drama queen is worth anywhere near that.

elkhog

Quote from: Rzback on December 02, 2017, 08:02:25 pm
how about $500,000 for each non-SEC win and $1,000,000 for each SEC win or Bowl win and -$300,000 for each Non-SEC loss and -$750,000 for each SEC or Bowl loss?

Truthfully, that's the way coaches ought to be paid.  Pay them based on their wins, not on potential wins.
GO HOGS!!!

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: elkhog on December 02, 2017, 09:04:47 pm
Truthfully, that's the way coaches ought to be paid.  Pay them based on their wins, not on potential wins.

I bet a lot of coaches like that idea and call you up asking to coach for you.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Hogs-n-Roses

pigmania

Quote from: 1highhog on December 02, 2017, 08:23:07 pm
I know that most of Hogville wants Gus to be our Coach, but doespecially anyone think he'll average more than 9 wins a season here?  That's what he needs to do IMO for that kind of money, if not, hire Mike Norvell now for 3 million a year and see how he works.
Pay Norvell 3 million a year and then pay his DC 4 million a years because after what I saw today, if he comes with his own DC, we will be doomed to hades.

VBMark

Quote from: elkhog on December 02, 2017, 09:04:47 pm

That would be $8 mil per year, if you lost every game. You can have Urban Meyer for that type money. That probably is really a minimum of $10 million per year for the HC alone.

We don't have that type of money for the whole coaching pool.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

code red

Quote from: hoglady on December 02, 2017, 07:56:44 pm
Damn - we got a lot of money considering the buyouts we'll be paying.
Football is Arkansas Athletics.  If the North End Zone project doesn't work? Then nothing works. Not being a know it all......Norvell can probably win 6 next year.  But.  Gus can turn it up.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

pghawg1

Let's get this drama over one way or the other. if we don't watch it we are going to lose our other choices waiting for Gus bus.

elkhog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on December 02, 2017, 09:05:58 pm
I bet a lot of coaches like that idea and call you up asking to coach for you.

It would have to go nationwide to work of course, but that is how it should be.  Guarantee it will take care of deadbeats.
GO HOGS!!!

dibuzop

chortle

The initial offer was 8yrs, $6+ Mil/yr. Was verbally agreed to early this week. Gus had until tomorrow to make it official "in writing".

That's from a BOT insider.

elkhog

Quote from: VBMark on December 02, 2017, 09:10:38 pm
That would be $8 mil per year, if you lost every game. You can have Urban Meyer for that type money. That probably is really a minimum of $10 million per year for the HC alone.

We don't have that type of money for the whole coaching pool.

I wouldn't stick to those numbers of course.  The idea is getting paid for winning, not getting paid regardless if you win or lose.
GO HOGS!!!

elkhog

Quote from: chortle on December 02, 2017, 09:49:30 pm
The initial offer was 8yrs, $6+ Mil/yr. Was verbally agreed to early this week. Gus had until tomorrow to make it official "in writing".

That's from a BOT insider.

Guess we will know tomorrow! 
GO HOGS!!!

NorthDallas40

Why would you care at the end of the day how much "we" pay a coach for "your" team unless you are directly paying it? BTW, it is not "your" team unless "you" are being personally asked to directly contribute to the salary.

chortle

Quote from: elkhog on December 02, 2017, 09:52:15 pm
Guess we will know tomorrow!

Who knows. I do know that a "majority" of the BOT want him badly and will do just about whatever to get him.

Hogs-n-Roses

Do you guys remember the pic of the Ark. vs Miss state game, 50 seconds left in the game,still a chance at a bowl game. Remember that crowd. Our PTB want that stadium back to respectable.You have to spend money to make money.

1highhog

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on December 02, 2017, 08:48:21 pm
I would take 9 win average in a heart beat.

Sure, I would to, but there's a problem with anyone thinking that Gus is going to average 9 wins a season here if he hasn't been doing it with top 10 classes at Auburn.  Where's your logic in that people? 

I know the Malzahns and Gus is a friend of mine, but I don't won't him as a coach here.  I know what will happen.   Everybody has a hardon right now for Gus, but wait until that new wears off and that 1st beat down comes around, MMQ will be full of posts saying to fire Gus now, or, I knew he wasn't going to be good Coach here.  Lol, right now most everyone wants him here, that will change soon enough if he is ever inclined to come here.

1highhog

Quote from: pigmania on December 02, 2017, 09:10:29 pm
Pay Norvell 3 million a year and then pay his DC 4 million a years because after what I saw today, if he comes with his own DC, we will be doomed to hades.

Wasn't Memphis going against the #1 offense in the nation?  Just asking.

1highhog

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on December 02, 2017, 09:53:28 pm
Why would you care at the end of the day how much "we" pay a coach for "your" team unless you are directly paying it? BTW, it is not "your" team unless "you" are being personally asked to directly contribute to the salary.

Everybody that goes to games is helping in a way to pay these coaches salaries.  Tickets used to be $25.00 a ticket, now you have to make a huge donation, then pay 4 times that much for a ticket, why?  Inflation?   No!  That's to cover the rising cost of,,,, y'all tell me.

HoggyCat

Quote from: 247Hog on December 02, 2017, 08:02:04 pm
Saban is the ONLY coach worth that. UF and Mullen has made this a horrible year to buy a coach.

On the flip side, UCLA got a 4 time BCS bowl coach for just over $4M per.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: Rzback on December 02, 2017, 08:02:25 pm
how about $500,000 for each non-SEC win and $1,000,000 for each SEC win or Bowl win and -$300,000 for each Non-SEC loss and -$750,000 for each SEC or Bowl loss?

I was actually thinking this too. Don't know that the negatives would actually work, but definitely BB sucking so bad on a season like this he should have gotten <$1million, not 15 mil

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

JONAS

I'm afraid that Norvell ain't coming either.  We are going to end up with Chad Morris or Tim Horton.

hawaiianhogster

Grab your wee wee's and hold on tight cause its going to get crazy in here. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

hogginbama

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 02, 2017, 08:49:43 pm
9 wins at Auburn is like 7 wins here.

So that means with his average of 8 wins a year while at Auburn he will average 6 here.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

dhornjr1

Quote from: chortle on December 02, 2017, 10:00:54 pm

Who knows. I do know that a "majority" of the BOT want him badly and will do just about whatever to get him.

I'm sorry, chortle. But seeing your name reminded me of something from long, long ago.

LZH

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 02, 2017, 09:00:23 pm

Hell, I'm sure he would too. That's like hiring really good garage band to headline a world tour.

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: 1highhog on December 02, 2017, 10:23:21 pm
Everybody that goes to games is helping in a way to pay these coaches salaries.  Tickets used to be $25.00 a ticket, now you have to make a huge donation, then pay 4 times that much for a ticket, why?  Inflation?   No!  That's to cover the rising cost of,,,, y'all tell me.

^^^^^^^this. +1

HoggyCat

Quote from: LZH on December 03, 2017, 04:15:56 am
Hell, I'm sure he would too. That's like hiring really good garage band to headline a world tour.

And paying them guns & roses money.....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Rayzback

There was a boy in Arkansas who wouldn't listen to his ma....

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Al Boarland

What an incredibly tough position programs like the UofA are in. If that were a true offer we wouldn't see a return on the investment. The SEC revenue bubble will burst sooner rather than later and schools like ours will be stuck paying obseen money for what? A chance to win 9 games and hopefully be consistent enough to average 8?

Tough times ahead.

Martygit

RIP OTR, REV

chortle

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on December 03, 2017, 04:14:04 am
I'm sorry, chortle. But seeing your name reminded me of something from long, long ago.

Lol! Those were the fun days!

I've been mostly quiet throughout the CBB era. Decided it was time to pop back in.

dhornjr1

Quote from: chortle on December 03, 2017, 12:18:17 pm
Lol! Those were the fun days!

I've been mostly quiet throughout the CBB era. Decided it was time to pop back in.

Same for me.

The Petrino motorcycle saga took something out of me that I haven't been able to get back.