Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malzahn says

Started by Peter Porker, December 02, 2017, 07:00:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhames

Quote from: Paul on December 03, 2017, 08:02:20 am
hopefully it'll be over soon:  either he comes here or we never ever have to hear about him "coming home" again.

This is the camp I'm in.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Matt Burks

Quote from: jgcat4 on December 03, 2017, 07:58:05 am
I'm so sick of hearing this crap. If Arkansas is Gus' "dream job" then the answer should have been, "I've really loved being at Auburn, and I've made a ton of memories here. However Arkansas is my home and that's where I want to be, so that's where I'm going."

He doesn't want to be here. He wants to be where he can win a natty and get paid. All the huggers got played by their prodigal son Gus. Why can't you accept that this is t his dream job, it's just this year's leverage.
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/12/auburn_locks_up_gus_malzahn_wi.html

BallHog1

Gus is using AR like a rag....Again.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: jgcat4 on December 03, 2017, 07:58:05 am
I'm so sick of hearing this crap. If Arkansas is Gus' "dream job" then the answer should have been, "I've really loved being at Auburn, and I've made a ton of memories here. However Arkansas is my home and that's where I want to be, so that's where I'm going."

He doesn't want to be here. He wants to be where he can win a natty and get paid. All the huggers got played by their prodigal son Gus. Why can't you accept that this is t his dream job, it's just this year's leverage.
You can't say that in a post game presser. Could he have said something different if he wanted to be here? Surely. But, you're not going to say anything about Arkansas in a post game presser after your team just got beat in the SECCG.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: BallHog1 on December 03, 2017, 08:04:30 am
Gus is using AR like a rag....Again.
If true...I don't blame the man for trying to make his situation better.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

LumberBacks

Here's what he meant but didn't fully say:

"I want to be the coach of Auburn, if the price and guarantees of job security that Jimmy Sexton has laid before you are agreed to by Auburn.  If not, then I'm seriously entertaining a move to Arkansas because their offer is currently better than what I have from Auburn.  Ball's in your court, boys."

It comes down to $$ and security.  I think Auburn will come to their senses and see that if they let him go (and it is their decision now), they will upset the cart on what could be another great run next year.  We'll know soon. 

Boarsnest

Quote from: Tony Perkis on December 03, 2017, 07:48:27 am
No. And people pretending to not want him now because of his statement are ridiculous. You think he was going to say "I'm a Hog!" in that presser?

Frost stepped up and made the move for his dream job after his game.

Matt Burks

Quote from: rhames on December 03, 2017, 08:06:37 am

You missed my point, read about Gus and his "dream job"

26.2Hog

Malzahn said more than "i want to be" in that presser:

Malzahn was asked in his postgame news conference about where he intended to be next season.

"Yeah, I'm happy at Auburn," Malzahn said. "We have great players. I love my players. As I said before this game, we worked extremely hard to get here to this point, and we've got a very good foundation built and I think the best is yet to come."

A reporter asked whether that meant Arkansas should not bother to call him.

"I'm the head coach at Auburn, and I just said I want to be the head coach at Auburn," Malzahn replied.

The reporter followed by asking will Malzahn continue to be Auburn's coach.

"I want to be," Malzahn said.

NuttinItUp

I want to be married to rhames' avatar.

That doesn't make it true.

JenksHawg

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 02, 2017, 07:04:38 pm
The question to him was "Will you be the coach at Auburn next year?"

His answer was, "I want to be."

That is telling. That is saying I want to be the coach but Auburn won't meet my demands so I have to leave.

That response told me he is absolutely wanting to leave.

Agree - that was best case scenario answer for us - but of course some on here will be pissed because he didn't say "no, I'm going to go home and call the hogs!". That answer implied he's considering other options.

JenksHawg

Quote from: Boarsnest on December 03, 2017, 08:51:24 am
Frost stepped up and made the move for his dream job after his game.

But even he just said "I'm going to go celebrate with my team" when asked on air what he was going to do