Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss rising seniors can transfer...

Started by tkhog, December 01, 2017, 04:38:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SooieGeneris

If the new guy doesn't like Cole Kelley, that QB Taamu will be a Sr. and would likely be sitting behind Patterson his final season.

Somebody will take him in a heartbeat with his dual threat ability, just needs to cut down on TOs, experience can take care of that.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

ChicoHog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 01, 2017, 04:51:37 pm
If the new guy doesn't like Cole Kelley, that QB Taamu will be a Sr. and would likely be sitting behind Patterson his final season.

Somebody will take him in a heartbeat with his dual threat ability, just needs to cut down on TOs, experience can take care of that.
I thought he was pretty good.  Great athlete who can run and throw. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 01, 2017, 04:51:37 pm

Norvell, Gus, either of those guys could take their pick...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Calling All Hogs

They're Ole Miss players. Think they would transfer somewhere else for free?

Danimal

MORAZOR

Anyone worth having will have a deal in place by the time we decide on a coach ;)

Tigaman

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 01, 2017, 05:43:04 pm
They're Ole Miss players. Think they would transfer somewhere else for free?

Why would they pay to transfer?

jbcarol

Ben Garrett‏ @SpiritBen
8h8 hours ago

The latest on transfer possibilities: Who's going, who's staying and who to watch for. #OleMiss https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Board/103605/Contents/Latest-on-transfers-111944103 ... via @247Sports

QuoteDeontay Anderson — Confirmed, transferring. He'll visit Michigan this weekend. (Mars)
Van Jefferson — Confirmed, transferring. He'll visit Michigan this weekend. (Mars)
Shea Patterson — All but confirmed, transferring. Hay's in the barn. He'll visit Michigan this weekend. Memphis and LSU, among others, have reached out, too.
Tre Nixon — Confirmed, transferring. I heard UCF as an early possibility. He'll have plenty of interest. (Mars)
Jarrion Street — Confirmed, transferring. Once more, for emphasis: Ole Miss did not fight to keep him, unlike three of the previous four on this list. Georgia State has reached out. I've heard one or two more. (Mars)
Cam Ordway — Haven't heard much, if anything, on Ordway. As of now, he's still a part of the team. One to watch, though.
Gabe Angel — Staying.
Jacob Mathis — The latest I heard was he was staying. But like Ordway, I just don't have enough information right now to properly project his status.
Breon Dixon — Confirmed, transferring. Another player Ole Miss did not fight to keep.
Tony Gray — Last I heard, he wanted to stay. However, put him in the Ordway/Mathis category for now. I just don't have enough on him.
D.K. Buford — Put him in the Ordway/Mathis/Gray category for now. Ole Miss would like to keep him. It's only about playing time for Buford.
Jalen Julius — Confirmed, leaving. Unlike most all the others, though, his is strictly for family reasons.

A common misconception over the last few weeks regarding transfers is the more Ole Miss loses or pushes out, the more scholarships Ole Miss will have for the 2018 roster. Here's the bottom line: Ole Miss could afford to lose eight players to transfer without the roster taking a real hit. Seven have officially announced their intentions to transfer, so borderline guys who Ole Miss, perhaps, initially looked to find another home for, the Rebels are working to keep. Ole Miss is limited to signing a maximum of 21 players in the 2018 recruiting class. The overall roster number is capped at 81. For every player that leaves after No. 8, subtract one from the overall 81.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net