Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Jimbo Fisher make Aggies harder for us to beat?

Started by NuttinItUp, December 01, 2017, 10:48:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hamARchy in the USA

Youngsta71701

Does Jimbo Fisher make Aggies harder for us to beat? Kevin Sumlin was 8-4 at Texas A&M. Jimbo Fisher was 6-6 at Florida State. No he doesn't.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hawganatic

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 04, 2017, 09:53:22 am
Does Jimbo Fisher make Aggies harder for us to beat? Kevin Sumlin was 8-4 at Texas A&M. Jimbo Fisher was 6-6 at Florida State. No he doesn't.

So you really base your entire opinion off of ONE season?  Seriously??

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 01, 2017, 11:05:09 am
We win if Fisher brings his staff with him, especially his DC and O-line coach.  He'll never get the athletes he got at FSU.  FSU wins big time if he leaves! Despite what people may think about the U being back, they can't compete with FSU for the best talent, even in their own back yard like they once were able to.

What basis do you have for saying Miami can't dominate Southern FLA recruiting? What an incredibly misguided blanket statement

HeathWimp

I don't think it matters.  They can only beat us once each season.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

MountieDawg

Cant make it any harder.... Havent they won 5 or 6 straight... Then we wont know if its harder until 2023...
SEC!

tlmack

Jimbo with the resources A@M have will be in contention for a SEC title soon. Remember Sumlin had 3 4 or 5 star quarbacks transfer and Florida States stud qb had a season ending injury in the first game this year. The SEC west just got tougher.

roothawg

NuttinItUp

Quote from: HeathWimp on December 04, 2017, 01:31:35 pm
I don't think it matters.  They can only beat us once each season.

Thank God for that.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: tlmack on December 04, 2017, 03:07:43 pm
Jimbo with the resources A@M have will be in contention for a SEC title soon. Remember Sumlin had 3 4 or 5 star quarbacks transfer and Florida States stud qb had a season ending injury in the first game this year. The SEC west just got tougher.

I am scared to death of this 5 win coach from FSU..Yeah he will dominate might as well shut down our program.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Jimbo is past his prime and Texas A&M is basically the league's polished turd every year. They aren't winning anytime soon. Sumlin was a better fit. Jimbo is basically Hugh Freeze but *slightly* smarter.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: tlmack on December 04, 2017, 03:07:43 pm
Nope. Retread. Definition of a retread.

ShadowTheHedgehog

After hearing his introduction I have no fear of TAMU in the next 4-6 years.

"I understand this league. I grew up in this league," said Fisher, who was an assistant at LSU (2000-06) and Auburn (1993-98). "We understand everything that goes with it. I want to take Texas A&M somewhere they haven't been....."

DeltaBoy

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 01, 2017, 10:48:16 am
Jimbo to A&M: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21631488/jimbo-fisher-leaving-florida-state-accept-coaching-job-texas-am

Does Jimbo Fisher at A&M make them harder or easier to beat for us?

I just want to break the losing streak (6 years and counting!) at some point...

Edit: Also, the way they use the phrase "coup" as in "Landing Jimbo Fisher would be biggest coup in modern history" (link) really shows the level of arrogance and narcissism by the Ags.

Yes
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tlmack

Ok We shall see. I would venture to guess all those who are bashing Jimbo would be thrilled if he were named Head Hog.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: MountieDawg on December 04, 2017, 02:51:28 pm
Cant make it any harder.... Havent they won 5 or 6 straight... Then we wont know if its harder until 2023...
That's true, on the other hand, Ark giftwrapped two games in 2014 and 2015, and could have won a third in 2017. They were in the game 17-17 and on the goal line in 2016, so you might could say Ark had a shot to win that game.

Bret Bielema being who he is, methinks, is the main reason we were 0-5 against the Aggies. Hopefully the new coach will do better.