Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon will

Started by Richard Davenport, October 17, 2017, 09:42:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 06, 2017, 11:27:04 am
Oh, ok. Party foul, huh?
Yeah, you know, if a kid is a silent to a team and someone puts out what team that is before they sign - that's just uncool, i.e. a "party foul."

clutch

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 06, 2017, 10:42:36 am
Silent to another SECW team. I won't say which team because that would be a party foul. It will be out in a few weeks.

If he goes through with it, it's going to ruffle some feathers for sure.

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on December 06, 2017, 01:08:14 pm
If he goes through with it, it's going to ruffle some feathers for sure.

Must be auburn then. 

Hawg Red

Let's give Coach a chance to talk to him. I've heard that Bohanon was not considering Arkansas due to Bielema. This might change things considerably. Ain't scared of no "silent commit."

searkhogfan

Silent Commit is like dating a Fat Girl.  Telling her your you love her. But not wanting anybody to find out..

Pudgepork

I'm in the Earle area.   Close enough anyway, lol.    Word was, GB would committ to UA the day after
Gus or Norvell was named coach.  He might go elsewhere but from that, it tells me he is open to go to Arkansas with the right coach and  offense.   It ain't over for another 14 days.  It'll work out

Who is to say CCM doesn't already know who he wants at qb?  We can't trust who the other staff recruited.  We've seen that product on the field for 5 yrs.  In all but a few spots, we are due a refit

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 06, 2017, 01:57:29 pm
Silent Commit is like dating a Fat Girl.  Telling her your you love her. But not wanting anybody to find out..
😂 My ex was fat. Good woman too 😂

onebadrubi

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 06, 2017, 01:57:29 pm

Like riding a moped?   Oh nvm

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 06, 2017, 01:27:22 pm
Let's give Coach a chance to talk to him. I've heard that Bohanon was not considering Arkansas due to Bielema. This might change things considerably. Ain't scared of no "silent commit."
Ship has sailed. Deal is done.

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 06, 2017, 03:52:52 pm
Why?  If he was going to commit if we got Gus,  then why not at least listen to Morris?  Sounds like he's committed to Gus.  So I guess he's auburn bound? That sucks.  I wanted him on the hill.
WPS!!!

JaketheSnake

gibby

It's over when the ink is dry.

greenie

Just like Norvell is a done deal, Kiffin is a done deal, and Gus is a done deal...there were guys that were digging in on these 3 coaches just like you are now on Bohanon.  They were all wrong.  Forgive us if we're not buying absolutes at this point.  Morris has at least until Dec 20 to sell Arkansas to him.

respirback

Never hire a coach to get specific recruits. Didn't work out well in the past

Pig in the Pokey

He's talking about LSU. we'll see.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on November 14, 2017, 10:31:35 pm
No - he's actually right on this point. 

We're all Hog fans here . . . no hostility.  But this is a thread on BOHANON - and clearly labeled so.  If someone else comes here looking on info on a different player (in this case, Gooden), they'll never see the response if it's in this thread.

It's just common sense and actually follows the rules of the forum to post it in the other (Gooden) thread.  Not trying to be the "board police", but facts is facts!

i CU Copper...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HOG FANATIC

I'm not an expert but Noland looks much more polished than Bohannon.  Stronger arm and played much tougher competition.

searkhogfan

Quote from: HOG FANATIC on December 06, 2017, 08:38:08 pm
I’m not an expert but Noland looks much more polished than Bohannon.  Stronger arm and played much tougher competition.

I told my son when everybody thought we were getting Gus.  That Connor may very well come in & start as true freshman.. 

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 06, 2017, 08:40:31 pm
I told my son when everybody thought we were getting Gus.  That Connor may very well come in & start as true freshman..

He's very advanced and a very good athlete. Strong arm and been running a similar offense in HS. Hope Hyatt or Kelly starts but look out for Noland after a year on the hill.

HOG FANATIC

If Bohannon plays high D-1 football I expect him to be a lot like Devon White.  He will be promised a shot at his desired position but first day of spring he will be on the defensive side of the ball.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HOG FANATIC on December 06, 2017, 08:59:19 pm
If Bohannon plays high D-1 football I expect him to be a lot like Devon White.  He will be promised a shot at his desired position but first day of spring he will be on the defensive side of the ball.

Lsu especially

PorkSoda

Quote from: HOG FANATIC on December 06, 2017, 08:59:19 pm
I wish we would value defense enough to move athletes to that side of the ball.

we typically horde all the team speed on the offensive bench.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Scott7703

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 06, 2017, 06:43:56 pm
He's talking about LSU. we'll see.

With there track record with quarterbacks maybe that's a sign we should move on anyway if true.

Hawgndaaz

hogboarder

Again, Gerry isn't playing defense.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogboarder on December 07, 2017, 12:06:39 am
Again, Gerry isn't playing defense.

And devin white went to lsu to be a RB, no seriously he did

Nosboar Accubond

Silent to another SECW team. I won't say which team because that would be a party foul. It will be out in a few weeks.
A few weeks... so much can happen in 3 weeks...

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: hogfooey on December 06, 2017, 10:46:05 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/dec/06/morris-impresses-earle-qb-gerry-bohanon/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
All smoke. Let's revisit this in a few weeks. I would love to be wrong on this one, probably more than at any other time. Usually when a player commits to a school it's easy to decommit. This is not one of those times.

Waldron_Hog

Did they take a payment? Is that what you keep implying?

searkhogfan

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on December 07, 2017, 07:05:12 am

I seriously almost asked this same question a second ago. 

The Boar War

Even if he did what are they going to say: "Hey NCAA he didn't honor the bribe".

onebadrubi

It's already been mentioned to this guy who acts as if he knows.  He won't acknowledge anything besides saying GB isn't coming here

LRHawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 07, 2017, 12:09:20 am
And devin white went to lsu to be a RB, no seriously he did

He's made one hell of a LB, but yes, he apparently was misled by Miles.

searkhogfan

Quote from: The Boar War on December 07, 2017, 08:08:46 am
Even if he did what are they going to say: "Hey NCAA he didn't honor the bribe".

Mississippi State did when Scam Newton signed with Aubie.

King Kong

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 07, 2017, 09:04:48 am

Mississippi State did when Scam Newton signed with Aubie.

Well Miss State didn't admit to offering money to Cam

GoPigs69

Because we all know that an 18 year old kid has NEVER changed his mind whether he be a silent commit, a public commit or even a SIGNED commit.

Let's be real - we don't know what will happen. But it seems pretty obvious that Gerry is at least willing to listen to Coach Morris which is a good sign and we can all agree that Coach Morris probably has a much better opportunity to bring Gerry to the hil than the previous staff.

Michaelt

I have a feeling there are a number of players who didn't have Arkansas on their radar who will now take a serious look at coming to the hill to play for CCM.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

Been10Hog

Quote from: The Boar War on December 07, 2017, 08:08:46 am
Correct!! It didn't stop Eric Dickerson from driving the gold Trans AM A&M bought him to SMU. ;)

jgphillips3

Quote from: Been10Hog on December 07, 2017, 10:02:29 am
Correct!! It didn't stop Eric Dickerson from driving the gold Trans AM A&M bought him to SMU. ;)

One of the all time great stories right there.

onebadrubi

Quote from: LRHawg on December 07, 2017, 09:04:25 am
He's made one hell of a LB, but yes, he apparently was misled by Miles.

A car will do that to you, being ok with being misled that is. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Been10Hog on December 07, 2017, 10:02:29 am

He taught his nephew the bidding game very well too. 

Nipsey Mussle

Give it a rest, my man. I know you're excited you saw this info somewhere, but I believe we're all a bit drained from the bevy of horribly wrong info being spewed on here over the last month. You've made this very known, if you're right and he goes to another SecW school, you will be given kudos. No need to post it 30 times in every thread.

Nipsey Mussle

It's nice that Morris can point to his development of Ben Hicks. Hicks was 18th in the nation this year in yards, and 9th in td's.
I truly believe G-Bo could start day one here. Hicks was not a threat to run the ball, so G-Bo could add that dimension to the offense and we could be rolling in a year or so.

Pig in the Pokey

We'll have Grant Gunnell. that will probably cost us w/ G-Bo, but that's ok.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ipigsooie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 07, 2017, 07:05:16 pm
We'll have Grant Gunnell. that will probably cost us w/ G-Bo, but that's ok.

Isn't gunnell 2019?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

farmhawg

You saying it's hard to pay back the advance?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

247Hog

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on December 07, 2017, 12:34:39 pm
Give it a rest, my man. I know you're excited you saw this info somewhere, but I believe we're all a bit drained from the bevy of horribly wrong info being spewed on here over the last month. You've made this very known, if you're right and he goes to another SecW school, you will be given kudos. No need to post it 30 times in every thread.

+ 1
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan