Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watch: LSU head coach Ed Orgeron discusses his 2018 Tigers

Started by Jason Carroll, July 16, 2018, 07:10:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

Watch: LSU head coach Ed Orgeron discusses his 2018 Tigers at the 2018 SEC Football Media Days in Atlanta.

Inhogswetrust

I can't believe the SEC didn't provide a translator.........
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

MuskogeeHogFan

LSU is underachieving. Not sure how they will do this year but they have the 2nd fewest returning O-Line starts in the West, lose 94% of their rushing yards from last year, but they do return 66% of their WR receiving yards. Their offense may be anemic unless Ohio State QB transfer Joe Burrows lights a fire under this offense, but I bet they try to throw more early than run if the OL can give him time.

The defense may be their strength but even they only return 5 starters.

From the 2014-2017 recruiting classes their total class points were 1166.35, just behind Alabama and Ohio State and with all of that talent, they managed to do no better than 9-4 on the season losing early to Miss State (868.71 class points from 2014-2017) 7-37. They also lost to Troy, 21-24. They were an "up and down", inconsistent team. Will they find consistency this year? Sound coaching can do wonders. Do they have that with Orgeron running things?
Go Hogs Go!

AirWarren

Watching and listening to him sniff and snort into the microphone did me in.

SRV

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 16, 2018, 08:09:51 pm
LSU is underachieving. Not sure how they will do this year but they have the 2nd fewest returning O-Line starts in the West, lose 94% of their rushing yards from last year, but they do return 66% of their WR receiving yards. Their offense may be anemic unless Ohio State QB transfer Joe Burrows lights a fire under this offense, but I bet they try to throw more early than run if the OL can give him time.

The defense may be their strength but even they only return 5 starters.

From the 2014-2017 recruiting classes their total class points were 1166.35, just behind Alabama and Ohio State and with all of that talent, they managed to do no better than 9-4 on the season losing early to Miss State (868.71 class points from 2014-2017) 7-37. They also lost to Troy, 21-24. They were an "up and down", inconsistent team. Will they find consistency this year? Sound coaching can do wonders. Do they have that with Orgeron running things?
They have a very tough schedule, too. I like O, but it could be a short ride for him down there.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

arlhog

Not sold on him as a coach at all but you gotta love listening to him.  I would love to just follow him around for a day and listen to him.   Put his voice into Saban and you'd have something.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 16, 2018, 07:36:56 pm
I can't believe the SEC didn't provide a translator.........

I turned on the closed captioning and my tv just printed this at the bottom of the screen:

"Skthsialf whatdtjrodb corndogs ajrhsowl gotiggers"
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Hollywood_HOGan45

AirWarren

Mike_e

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

MuskogeeHogFan

July 17, 2018, 07:12:06 am #11 Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 07:54:08 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: bigalphahawg on July 16, 2018, 10:32:35 pm
They have a very tough schedule, too. I like O, but it could be a short ride for him down there.

Oh yeah, I'd say that they have some problems. Orgeron hired Matt Canada as his OC and then tossed him aside saying that the guy who was already on his staff (Steve Ensminger) was the right choice all along.

LSU struggled to a 3-2 start last season, including a home loss to Troy, after which Orgeron stepped in to "simplify" the shifts Canada often used with his scheme.

But then after directly intervening in the way the offense was being run, he said...

"This is Matt's offense," Orgeron said Oct. 2. "He runs it. He calls it. He scripts the plays. This is his offense."

I think Orgeron is in trouble with fewer OL starts returning and about 94% of his rushing yards gone. They return a lot of receiving yards and if they have to lean on that, it could make LSU one-dimensional on offense.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24115146/lsu-ed-orgeron-says-hired-matt-canada
Go Hogs Go!

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

AirWarren

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: bigalphahawg on July 16, 2018, 10:32:35 pm

Get Florida and UGa from the SECE.  AU and Florida on the road.  Starting with Miami.  And a November game in Fayetteville.  It will be an accomplishment for them to be over .500 when they get to Fay. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 17, 2018, 10:56:19 am
Get Florida and UGa from the SECE.  AU and Florida on the road.  Starting with Miami.  And a November game in Fayetteville.  It will be an accomplishment for them to be over .500 when they get to Fay.
I hope it's a very COLD November day 😁

PorkSoda

Quote from: AirWarren on July 17, 2018, 06:05:42 am

Please, LSU, keep Orgeron.
I can't believe Oregon didn't go after him.  I mean they named the school after him and all
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HogBreath

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 19, 2018, 08:38:10 pm
I can't believe Oregon didn't go after him.  I mean they named the school after him and all
This quacks me up.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

31to6

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 17, 2018, 07:40:08 am
What exactly does that mean for them? A 9 win season like last year?
That's abject failure at LSU.

9 win seasons with all that talent will get you fired.

sickboy

How is this man a head football coach in the SEC? I don't get it at all. It's even more mind-blowing that this is his second SEC West head coaching job and that he's at one of the biggest programs in the country. Twilight Zone.

247Hog

Quote from: sickboy on July 19, 2018, 09:10:49 pm
How is this man a head football coach in the SEC? I don't get it at all. It's even more mind-blowing that this is his second SEC West head coaching job and that he's at one of the biggest programs in the country. Twilight Zone.

No one wanted that job that they considered BIG enough before hiring Coach O. Then had to hire him like it was the plan all along to save face. I hate Jimbo Fisher but gotta thank him for putting LSU in that position.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

AirWarren

Quote from: sickboy on July 19, 2018, 09:10:49 pm

Same with Matt Luke.

HogPharmer

Quote from: AirWarren on July 19, 2018, 10:15:47 pm
Same with Matt Luke.

Matt Luke is a whole different story. Probation. Post season bans.... no one wants that job right now. Plus it's not really a recruit's dream place to land.... unless they're getting paid big time (as we've seen....).

LSU, on the other hand, is a dream job for a kid wanting to make it to the NFL. Therefore it's a dream job for a coach.

LSU=/=OM.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

rhames

Now that long is out of the SEC I would not be shocked if Ed gets canned before midseason and LSU makes a run at Robert Petrino, assuming he doesn't crap the bed at Loiusville this season.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

AirWarren

Quote from: HogPharmer on July 19, 2018, 10:19:42 pm
Matt Luke is a whole different story. Probation. Post season bans.... no one wants that job right now. Plus it's not really a recruit's dream place to land.... unless they're getting paid big time (as we've seen....).

LSU, on the other hand, is a dream job for a kid wanting to make it to the NFL. Therefore it's a dream job for a coach.

LSU=/=OM.

That's a good point. But the media is still loving some ole miss and Matt Luke.

rhames

Quote from: AirWarren on July 20, 2018, 08:28:17 am
That's a good point. But the media is still loving some ole miss and Matt Luke.

How so? They are going to be in a battle for us for the last place west vote by the media.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: rhames on July 20, 2018, 07:47:02 am
Now that long is out of the SEC I would not be shocked if Ed gets canned before midseason and LSU makes a run at Robert Petrino, assuming he doesn't crap the bed at Loiusville this season.

I hope not. We don't want Petrino at a school in the west like LSU.

AirWarren

Quote from: rhames on July 20, 2018, 08:31:00 am

How so? They are going to be in a battle for us for the last place west vote by the media.

I don't know. They were googly over him and his wide receivers and elite speed this week AR media days.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on July 20, 2018, 08:59:30 am
I hope not. We don't want Petrino at a school in the west like LSU.

That would be scary... I like the constant inability they've had to develop QBs. If they got someone in there that actually knew what the heck they were doing on the offensive side of the ball, Nick Saban might even be in some trouble...

LZH

Quote from: HogPharmer on July 16, 2018, 11:23:24 pm

I turned on the closed captioning and my tv just printed this at the bottom of the screen:

"Skthsialf whatdtjrodb corndogs ajrhsowl gotiggers"

Ha! He is giving Lou Holtz a helluva run!

HogPharmer

Quote from: LZH on July 20, 2018, 10:26:59 am
Ha! He is giving Lou Holtz a helluva run!

I have to wipe the spit off my glasses when I watch Lou talk on TV...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HogPharmer on July 20, 2018, 10:30:04 am
I have to wipe the spit off my glasses when I watch Lou talk on TV...

Need to wear a welders helmet.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RyeHogFan

Speaking of LSU.....

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/7/18/17584074/kristian-fulton-suspension-ncaa-lsu

Kind of a harsh rule, but just a very stupid mistake that is gonna end up costing him two years of football.  Just sad really.