Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 18, 2024, 10:31:10 pm

Horton

Started by Wooderson, December 03, 2017, 07:08:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wooderson

So if the BOT screws this all up and goes all political, what do we know about little timmy?  What kind of offense would he choose to run?  This is so exciting to think about.  Everyone up those donations and buy more tickets. 

At what point does the lunacy that is the BOT fall back to Asa.  Is he up for re-election soon? 
Give me liberty, or give me death!

rljjr

There is literally no way of knowing. NONE. He's never done anything other than catch passes for the Hogs and act as a position coach.

BartIV

Quote from: hogz11 on December 03, 2017, 07:11:06 am
Arkansas football will crumble and it will set the program back for over a decade.
This

The Boar War

Someone is trying to scare you guys.  Its not going to be Tim Horton. 

rljjr

Quote from: The Boar War on December 03, 2017, 07:15:23 am

They're trying to make Chad Morris seem like a good thing. And THAT'S a bad thing.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: rljjr on December 03, 2017, 07:17:15 am
They're trying to make Chad Morris seem like a good thing. And THAT'S a bad thing.
Double-Ugh.

zane

No

Just no

Never

Not in a million years

No
RIP LSUfan

online-with-swine

We have stadium to pay for....it cannot be Horton.  Common sense say it won't be Horton.  Let it go!

The_Iceman

Quote from: rljjr on December 03, 2017, 07:17:15 am

Chad Morris would be a good thing. See that offense Clemson ran last night? That was installed by Chad Morris. If he was still at Clemson, he'd be a more popular candidate with most. However, he went to SMU and turned a one win team into a bowl team in just three years.

WilsonHog

If Tim comes in, I do not believe it will be as our head coach.

pigmania

Quote from: online-with-swine on December 03, 2017, 07:30:22 am
We have stadium to pay for....it cannot be Horton.  Common sense say it won't be Horton.  Let it go!
One of the things the PTB have not shown a lot of is common sense.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Wooderson on December 03, 2017, 07:08:51 am
So if the BOT screws this all up and goes all political, what do we know about little timmy?  What kind of offense would he choose to run?  This is so exciting to think about.  Everyone up those donations and buy more tickets. 

At what point does the lunacy that is the BOT fall back to Asa.  Is he up for re-election soon? 

Why do you people post this crap

online-with-swine

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 03, 2017, 07:30:45 am
Chad Morris would be a good thing. See that offense Clemson ran last night? That was installed by Chad Morris. If he was still at Clemson, he'd be a more popular candidate with most. However, he went to SMU and turned a one win team into a bowl team in just three years.

Agree, people should not look at the overall record at SMU but look at his trajectory.  That place was more than a dumpster fire and he rebuilt a team with almost 0 talent for his scheme.  He would do good here, how good?  Who knows.

rljjr

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 03, 2017, 07:30:45 am

And yet he's 14-22. Bret was trending up as well -- until he wasn't.

hog1984

Quote from: online-with-swine on December 03, 2017, 07:45:27 am
Agree, people should not look at the overall record at SMU but look at his trajectory.  That place was more than a dumpster fire and he rebuilt a team with almost 0 talent for his scheme.  He would do good here, how good?  Who knows.
This sounds logical, but get him at a reasonable cost and write incentives into his contract to make him earn it. Make win / loss performance a part of termination with cause. No more huge buyouts if he doesn't deliver wins in a reasonable time frame. This goes for anyone we hire.

duckman

How I would feel....

Maddhog

If GM is hired there is talk of Tim Horton being AD. 

I don't know if Chad Morris would meet the needs that we have right now but he's a guy who would win the press conference.

Hopefully we get off this ride soon and get behind the new staff, whoever that is. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: The Boar War on December 03, 2017, 07:15:23 am

this exactly be logical here there is no way we pay 11 million in buyout to hire Tim Horton. It's just smoke to make the actual hire look amazing. calm down everyone.

Hog Waller

This IS NOT going to happen.  There is no way the powers to be fire CBB and then hand over the reins to a career position coach.  They know we are at a critical juncture, so this hire HAS to be right because we are teetering on irrelevancy, and there are BIG bills needing to be paid.

This is what I believe.

RazorChuck

Morris is NOT the answer here, we settled for that coach once, and then we fired him.